World Line Dance Newsletter Monday 4/23 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

Carol Craven

Apr 23, 2018, 9:30:28 AM4/23/18
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Monday 4/23

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

 Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

 If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.

 Do you want to scan the newsletter faster?  I always put the word, SUBJECT, before each post.  Just do a search for that word and you can skip from topic to topic quickly and read what you are interested in reading.

*********************************

NOTE FROM ME:    If you haven’t joined the World Line Dance Newsletter Group on Facebook, you are missing the fun of reading the answers to my weekly question.  There are some interesting answers to this past week’s question.  If you are a member you can read them at this link:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/19756283323/

If you aren’t a member yet, just ask to join when you get to the

https://www.facebook.com/groups/19756283323/

or ask me to add you and I will if you (and are a Facebook member).

 QUESTION FOR THE WEEK OF 4/18:

Think about the best teachers you have taken classes from -- well known or not -- and what they do to enhance the learning experience.

*****************************

Subject: IMPORTANT

From: Scott Blevins

Hello Dancers,

If you have a reservation at the The Line Dance Marathon host hotel, the Sheraton Imperial, and need to cancel for any reason, please DO NOT call the hotel or go through the website to cancel.  Please contact Jean Garr at linedanc...@gmail.com with your reservation number, and she will cancel it for you. This is to avoid losing the room into the Sheraton general system. The Sheraton is sold out and we have a waiting list of attendees that want to move from the overflow hotel. Thank you.

See you at The Marathon,

Scott and Jean

*****************************

SUBJECT:  THE BARN-ANZA 9 - Sanford, Fl. 8/18/18

FROM:  Lindy and Janis (lindysda...@gmail.com) and (danc...@Hotmail.com

The Barn-Anza 9 is coming!!!  (Hard to believe that this is the 9th year for this always fun event).  This year it will be on August 18th and John Robinson and Brandon Zahorsky will be leading the fun!!

If you missed out last year because you didn't get signed up in time, NOW is the time to get your registrations in.  Every year we have been sold out before the price break deadline!!!!......just sayin'.......🤔  Registrations are rolling in for this FUN one-day workshop.  Pre-registration is only $50 BEFORE July 21st (unless sold out before that)!!!  Registration includes a step book, lunch, raffle tickets and free admission to The Barn that evening.

Hope to see you on a dance floor soon and often!!!

LET'S DANCE

Lindy

lindysda...@gmail.com

www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com

407-721-5106

****************************

SUBJECT:  Let's Dance Day social - Orlando, Fl.

FROM:  Lindy

              (lindysda...@gmail.com)

              (www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com)

Playlist for May 5th and flyer attached!!  I have tweaked the list to make a better flow plus added some new (and older) dance requests too.

Calling ALL dancers of all levels......Saturday, May 5th is our next LET'S DANCE DAY!!   Come dance with us and bring your BFFs.  We have four hours of dancing (from 12 noon to 4 p.m.)  Rotation of beginner then intermediate/adv. and plenty of floor splits, all day. There are some new fun dances on the playlist, plus lots of our old fav's. Let me know if you have requests, BEFORE I publish the playlist or it will have to be for the next LDD. :-)  I try to send out the playlist 2 weeks in advance so that you can practice what you want to be able to dance at LDD!  Be sure to bring your own water/soft drinks, lunch, and/or snacks.  If you want a copy of the playlist to follow on Let's Dance Day, please print one and bring it along, tho I will make a few copies.  It is on my website too!!!  www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com

(There are flyers on there too if you need some for your classes).

LDD will be at the Beardall Sr. Center at 800 Delaney Ave., Orlando 32801.  This is a big brick 3 story building at the corners of Delaney Ave, Gore St. and right off Orange Ave.  There is parking all the way around the building, (and at the bank next door as well), but use the handicapped door on the Gore St. parking lot side to enter the building as the other doors are locked on weekends.  We dance in the ballroom on the 2nd floor and there is an elevator!!

Since we are finished at 4, you will have time to go to dinner and then go to your other favorite dance place and dance all night too! Come if you can and we will have a fun, no stress dance day.

There will be NO LDD in June, so hope to see you for the next LDD again on July 7th!!!

LET'S DANCE

Lindy

lindysda...@gmail.com

www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com

407-721-5106

****************************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas Park  April 24, Pinellas Park,

NEW THIS WEEK:

ADVENTURE 45, Ria Vos and Vane (to be taught by Anne Splain)

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/adventure-45-ID124504.aspx

First time review will be  THAI OF MY LIFE by Simon Ward.  It will be taught by Jai

https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/thai-of-my-life-ID123782.aspx

Reviews of:

GYPSY IN THE NIGHT, Scott Blevins (Lynda will review)

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/gypsy-in-the-night-ID124050.aspx

IF IT DON'T MATTER, by Rachael McEnaney

https://www.copperknob.co.uk/search.aspx?Search=if+it+don%27t+matter&SearchType=Any&Beat=-1&Level=Any&Wall=-1&Lang=Any

OTHER REVIEWS:

DOING THE WALK (Carol)

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/doing-the-walk-ID124073.aspx

WE’LL STAY YOUNG. http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/well-stay-young-video-only-ID122620.aspx.

K is for Kicks, by Christopher Gonzalez

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/k-is-for-kicks-ID118820.aspx

TIGHTROPE, Maggie Gallagher (taught by Sheri)

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/tightrope-ID122693.aspx

PULL YOU THROUGH by Jo Thompson Szymanski and Maddison Glover  (taught by Lynda)

 http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/pull-you-through-ID123016.aspx

DIVE RIGHT IN, Will Craig

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/dive-right-in-ID123413.aspx

HOPE TO SEE YOU TUESDAY!

Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00

Studio location:

Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Ave

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com

Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com

**************************

Subject: Social in Naples on Saturday Night!

From: Jamie Leick (tom_jam...@yahoo.com)

We had a good time with the beginner/improver social from 6:30-8:30pm Saturday night with the following dances (32 dances with 1 as a floor split):

55 Ford, A Little Bit Gypsy, All Katchi, All Night Long, Backroads Bump, Beautiful Birds, Blessed, Champagne Promise, Cliche' Love SongTeam USA, Country Boom Boom, Dream Lover, Drinking Problem, For The World, Friday at the Dance, Hungry Heart, I Don't Want This Night To End, Got A Hole In My Pocket, I Wan’na Be Like You, If It Don’t Matter, Lay It Back A Little, Lonely Drum, Love You Forever, Martini Time, OMG! This Is My Song, Rebel Just For Kicks/K Is For Kicks, Rock and Roll King, Smokey Places, Story, Sweet Caroline, Sweet Hurt, Telepathy, Wagon Wheel Rock, Whiskey Bridges, Without

*******************************

Subject:           FloriDANCE 2018 WLDN

From:   flori...@yahoo.com

Join us for our 7th Annual FloriDANCE Line Dance Workshop!

This year we are featuring
Jonno Liberman from CA
Brandon Zahorsky from NY
Will Craig from NC
and DJ JP Potter from NC

The Ballroom of Ormond Beach has recently changed their name to Club 1250.

They provide our dancers with,
2,800sqft of competition grade dance floor
Professional sound and lighting
Ample lighted parking areas
and now a full liquor bar!

The Friday evening dance will have the ballroom transformed into a "Speakeasy" dance party! This is included in your weekend registration!

Saturday night is our "All that Glitters" Ball! Think Gatsby and 1920's glamour! Wear anything that sparkles and you should fit right in!
Saturday Workshops will feature hourly workshops by our guest instructors and catered lunch!

Registration Fees
Group: $60.00 *10+ registrations/payments by 05-01-2018
Early: $65.00 *Single registration turned in by 05-01-2018
Regular: $75.00 *All registrations after 05-01-2018

Registration includes: Friday evening dance party, saturday workshop, step sheets, catered lunch, Saturday evening dance party, and MORE!

Catered lunch is provided by Dustin's BBQ
Pulled Pork
Mac & Cheese
Green Beans
Dinner Roll
Sweet Tea, Iced Tea, & Lemonade
Side Salad
and Dessert.

HOTEL INFO
Sleep Inn of Ormond Beach
170 Williamson Blvd.
Ormond Beach, FL
386-673-6030
$89.00+tax (Must mention FloriDANCE)

Click this link to register online!
https://squareup.com/
store/floridance-productions
*Sorry groups, you must register through mail.

*This email has been approved to be answered by Jerry Lee Miller in regards to any matters relating to FloriDANCE Line Dance Workshop 2018.

Patrick Fleming
FloriDANCE Director
Jerry Miller
Head of Registration

Flori...@yahoo.com
321-507-8498

FloriDANCE Line Dance Workshop 2018
Saturday June 9th, 2018
The Ballroom of Ormond Beach

Instructors:
Brandon Zahorsky

Jonno Liberman
Will Craig
DJ JP Potter

  https://squareup.com/store/floridance-productions

 ********************************

Subject:  Owen Mac, 15 year old Irish country Superstar on Ellen’s Show !!

You’ve heard his song, you’ve seen the dance and many of you have already learned it and taught it to your students.  He’s read all the wonderful comments and seen all of your videos and he’s even made one to thank you for dancing to his song.  His name is Owen Mac, from Northern Ireland and he’s only 15 years old !!  The song is the latest Irish country smash hit, My Mother My Teacher My Friend:  https://youtu.be/1cTpi5AQ_t8  With Mother’s Day just weeks away, this song, written by James McGarrity, has become somewhat of an international anthem for Mother’s Day !!  Here in this video, he does something rarely seen by singers: https://www.facebook.com/owenmacmusic/videos/2106403389604093/  It touches the hearts of so many line dancers around the world when an artist, like young Owen, shows how much it means to him to see and hear his music danced to all around the world.

Line Dancers around the World can now do something to help bring Owen onto the Ellen Degeneres Show, but he can't do it without your help.  Click on this link and take a couple of minutes to fill out the page. PLEASE SHARE: http://send.ellentv.com/be-on-the-show/0c6f9983-3f81-43e9-8bfd-d4bc3906111a/   Imagine what this could do to promote Line Dancing if he gets to sing his song on the most popular daytime show before tens of millions of people here and around the world.  If enough of us do this and manage to get Ellen’s attention, we will all be able to say that we had something to do with the making of a Superstar !!  MY MOTHER MY TEACHER MY FRIEND:  https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/my-mother-my-teacher-my-friend-ID124035.aspx

*******************************

SUBJECT:   PLACES TO DANCE IN WASHINGTON, DC?

Someone asked me this question and I see we don’t have ANY listings in Washington, DC.  I think there are some places to dance there so if you know of any, would you let me know (at tka...@aol.com) so I can let her know and also be sure to add them to the WHERE TO DANCE   page on the site using this link?  Thanks, Carol

 http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form-wtd.html

 ************************

SUBJECT:  SNAPSHOT OF MOST VIEWED DANCES ON COPPERKNOB.CO.UK AS OF 4/23/18

1

(3674 Views)

My Mother My Teacher My Friend   Ira Weisburd (USA) March 2018

    32 Count    4 Wall    Beginner   Music: My Mother My Teacher My Friend - Owen Mac (Ireland)

2

(2126 Views)

Like A Fine Wine  Jef Camps (BE) & Sebastien Bonnier (FR) – April 2018

    32 Count    4 Wall    Improver   Music: "Love Takes Time" by Gord Bamford

3

(2068 Views)

Mates of Soul  Guillaume Richard, Niels Poulsen, Gary O'Reilly - April 2018

    64 Count    2 Wall    Advanced   Music: The Mates Of Soul by Taylor John Williams (Remastered), buy on iTunes. 3.59 mins.

4

(1912 Views)

Doing The Walk  Pim Van Grootel (SE), Jef Camps (BE) & Roy Verdonk (NL) – March 2018

    32 Count    4 Wall    High Improver   Music: "Walk Of Shame" by Eight To The Bar (Album: Calling All Ickeroos!)

5

(1799 Views)

Message  Micaela Svensson Erlandsson, April 2018

    32 Count    4 Wall    Improver   Music: I've Gotta Get A Message To You By Bee Gees

6

(1729 Views)

Mood Swing  Simon Ward, Maddison Glover, Chris Watson & AU, March 2018

    32 Count    4 Wall    Intermediate WCS   Music: I'd Be Jealous Too, By Dustin Lynch. Album: Current Mood

7

(1716 Views)

Just Dance, Dance, Dance Now!  Conrad Farnham, Copperhead Line Dancing - April 2018

    32 Count    4 Wall    High Beginner   Music: Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake

8

(1667 Views)

I'm Gonna Run To You  Conor McVeigh and Gary Samms (March 2018)

    32 Count    4 Wall    High Improver   Music: Run to You by Bryan Adams (Album: Best of Me) 3:52 - iTunes

9

(1538 Views)

Adventure 45  Ria Vos & José Miguel Belloque Vane – April 2018

    32 Count    4 Wall    Improver   Music: "Best Adventure" Leaving Thomas, Single

10

(1418 Views)

Whiskey Bridges  Maddison Gl

******************************

SUBJECT:  TIME TO DANCE SOCIAL

WHEN:  APRIL 27th

WHERE:  BEVERLY HILLS, FLORIDA

Please come and join me on the dance floor this Friday night from 5:30 to 8:30 with the top 35 intermediate/advance dances, from choreographers Scott Blevins, GYPSY IN THE NIGHT, I WON'T LET YOU DOWN, Rachael McEnaney-White, I HATE LOVE SONGS, SEE, YOU STRUT, plus DON'T STAY FOR ME, TIL' I'M DONE, TIGHTROPE, FIVE MILLION PIECES, FOLLOW MY FOOTPRINTS, TIP TOE, WATCH THE TEMPO, DIVE RIGHT IN, FUNK THE PREACHER MAN, 85, PERFECT, ALL KATCHI, 3 RULES, BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL, PULL YOU THROUGH, TO THE MOON AND BACK, TAKING ME BACK, and many more. $5.00 AT THE DOOR.

For information you can contact me at pamha...@gmail.com, for more information.

*************************************

SUBJECT:  VIDEO OF THE WEEK (COUPLES)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e0bfS4Kti4

--

Vivian Young

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov

************************************

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:

SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

Stacy Garcia is the webmaster and keeps these lists current BUT ONLY WITH YOUR HELP.  Please make changes/corrections/additions using these forms:

TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal

https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.

Carol Craven