World Line Dance Newsletter Thursday 6/22 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Jun 22, 2017, 9:06:18 AM6/22/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

Thursday 6/22

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

Here are the links of this week's Intermediate to Advanced dances sorted from this week's World Line Dance Survey

FROM:  Stacy Garcia

along with the extended list of Beginner to Easy Intermediate dances and dances with No Levels.

Click on http://www.goo.gl/YPpDt8 to view on PDF or http://www.goo.gl/xtu3qf to view on

GOOGLE'S EXCEL SPREADSHEET to view the breakdown of the survey.

************************

Subject: High-Beg, to Inter.-Adv. THIS Sunday Line Dance Social June 24th in Pinellas Park

   Our next  Sunday Social is just a few days away and our Instructors are all set and listed below in no particular order of teaches but I will post the order Fri. We are still working on the schedule.

Lindy Bowers from Orlando teaching Friday At The Dance by Rob Fowler & Laura Sway

Debbie Carpenter from Bonita Springs teaching Straight To The Castle by Joey Warren

Nancy Delaney from Ft Myers teaching Tick Tick Boom by Debbie Rushton, Tim Johnson , Jean-Pierre Madge

Marilyn McNeal from Ocala teaching Taking Care Of You by Ria Vos

    Thanks to everyone that sent in requests and as of now we are not taking any more until that day!

       The Social is from 12-5 with plenty of snacks, water, tea, coffee, sodas and pizza later in the day! Please bring something to share if you like. The address is listed below

Time 12-5

$10.00

Studio location:

Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Ave

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com 727+439-8819

Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com   813+ 417-9800

*********************************

SUBJECT: Dancin' with Marilyn, Ocala, FL

FROM: Marilyn McNeal, BoarsN...@aol.com

SUMMER SPECIAL:

Though I always take July and August off from dance classes, this summer I have committed to line dance classes on Wednesdays at a new health center here in Ocala. Check out the FREE  Introduction to Line Dance at 11am-12pm and Beginner Line Dance at 12-1pm,

starting on July 5th at www.healthy55.org. Must be 55 or older to participate and must register as indicated at the bottom of the website information.

Wednesday nights from 5:30-7:30PM will be a private, (not advertised on the website) Intermediate Line class, $5 charge.  A schedule of available Wednesdays provided on the first night.  Please email me if you are interested in the evening class as I will have a mailing list for further notices regarding Marion Health Center. There  will be no information about this class on the website at www.healthy55.org.

Hope to see some of you over the summer!

*************************************

SUBJECT:  WHAT MAURICE ROWE IS TEACHING AT THE ROUNDUP IN TAMPA

This week at The Round Up in Tampa

Thursday

1. Slow Hands by Jose

2. Drive of Shame by Caroline

3. Somebody Elese's Heart by Neville & Julie

Friday & Saturday

1. Big Blue Tree by Ria

2. Craving you by Lieren

3. Let's get lit by Severine

Class is 7-9pm. See you all on the dance floor at The Round Up Maurice

*********************************

SUBJECT:  NOTE FROM RACHAEL MCENANEY-WHITE (People have been asking if I knew if this sheet was out)

Hello Everyone,

Back in 2012 Simon and I were choosing between choreographing a waltz or a fun latin dance - at the time we chose the latin dance and that was 'Bang Bang' - we promised each other that one day we would do the Waltz because we both loved the song.

In April of this year, after choreographing Kissing Strangers, we also finally did our Intermediate Waltz - the track is "The Pieces Don't Fit Anymore' by James Morrison and the name of the dance is Time To Surrender and the step sheet is available here: http://dancewithrachael.com/Dance_with_Rachael_McEnaney/Dances_files/Time%20To%20Surrender_1.pdf

Thanks for taking a look.

Happy dancing x

--

Rachael

Rachael McEnaney-White

Instructor/Choreographer/Performer/Judge/Coach.

5 time World Champion, 7 time Choreographer Of The Year,

9 time Instructor Of The Year, 5 time Personality Of The Year

Personal Website: www.dancewithrachael.com

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/RachaelMcEnaney/

Rachael White - Realtor®

rlw...@kw.com

Call/Text: 407-538-1533

www.floridahousetohome.com

Text: KW2NZ96VR to 87778 to Download my FREE mobile search App

Thank you for your referral!

*********************************

SUBJECT:  WHAT GEOFF & CELIA ARE TEACHING IN THE UK

Getting back to normal, much better turn out this week. Decided to go with Gary O' Reilly's “SLOWLY GENTLY SOFTLY” this week, a few had already done it at other classes and they were pleased we were doing it and the one’s doing it for the first time loved it, everybody up all three times we danced it.  Recapped last week’s dance Maggie’s “LOVES JUST A FEELING” & “STRIP THAT DOWN” (Maggie & Tim) both big hits with the class. Quite a few other quick recaps done when requested.

Playlist was :-  I Got It Easy, Second Hand Heart, Rock & Roll Music, Your Loving Arms, I Came To Love You, Better When I’m Dancing, Corazon Diamante (Diamond Heart), Missing, Tango With Me Darling, Italiano, Funky Sole, Gypsy Queen, Shady, Darling Hold My Hand, Dear Friend, Blessed, Slowly Gently Softly (twice), Cry For Me, Loves Just A Feeling, Lady In Red, Strip That Down, Slowly Gently Softly (again), Nancy Mulligan, Scared Of The Dark, Fooling Around, Refund To My Heart, Tongue Tied Up & Dy Na Mite

***************************************

Re:   Tour to Europe 2018   (Just prior to EuroDance)

From:   Janet Wallace, Arizona   ( janet...@netzero.net )

       EuroTour     June 7 - 21, 2018

I'm so excited to announce a trip to Europe in June, 2018.  This 2-week tour will start in Venice, then on to Switzerland, Austria, and Germany and is filled with sightseeing, and scenery you'll never forget.  Since most of the travelers are line dancers, you couldn't find better fellow travelers.... always ready for the next adventure, full of energy, not wanting to miss anything, and ready to make friends, with just a tad of crazy stirred in!   Of course, there will be spouses, friends & relatives coming also.

   Following this holiday,  you can either fly home, OR continue traveling wherever, OR travel to England for EuroDance 2018.   (Even though EuroDance is sold out, I have one spot in our EuroDance group for a female available.  Also, if you booked with EuroDance directly, you can still join our group for the tour)

If touring in Europe is on your "bucket list", this is a perfect group to join.

*  All details will be taken care of for you

*  It won't be bus load of strangers

*  No worries what to do next,  or how to get there,... or how to get tickets,   etc.

*  All accommodations are 4 Star centrally located hotels

*  Lots of sightseeing included daily ... and plenty of time to do your own thing.  I always plan extra "side trips", and you can join me for any or all of them.

*  Extra touches.... like games on the plane / bus designed for our group... gum / candy along the way....  line dancing with locals where possible..... sing-along / dance-along -- who knows what... plus more!

*  I'm there to make sure we're all having a great time!!!!!

If you'd like more information..... want to get on the EuroTour email distribution list ..... want to get your reservation in, please contact me .... janet...@netzero.net

Don't miss out.... It'll be great fun!!!  Janet

**************************

Question for Newsletter

lyndali...@gmail.com

We were driving to Rachael's workshop Saturday morning and the question of "What does it mean when a dance is labeled 'Novice' as the level?"    The three of us had different understanding of what that means.   We were wondering if there is a definite definition we should all be following and if other dancers/instructors were wondering the same thing.   It does come into play when trying to select dances to teach in classes of various levels.  Where do these dances belong?

What do you have to say dancers, instructors, and especially choreographers?

NOTE FROM ME:  Please respond for posting in the newsletter and/or I will ask Lynda to forward me responses that you don't mind being posted.

Subject: Understanding of term Novice.

From:  Steve Lescarbeau

I may be totally wrong, but this is just my understanding.  Novice was a division in competition.  Dancers just starting out typically went into Newcomer, then progressing into Novice, Intermediate, Advance and then Masters.  In the line dance community when we rate choreography we list them as Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.  Those were the 3 categories.  You could have a phrased dance in any category but beginner.  Beginner Dances didn’t have syncopations or much if any turning or changing walls, mostly basic steps.  Intermediate was more changing walls, syncopations, tags and restarts.  Advanced was more intricate footwork, with more body styling and more phrasing.  That was 20+ years ago.

Then people started saying easy intermediate or high beginner, aren’t they really the same?  Same to me.  Could you call them Novice, some do.  I say keep it simple and it’s either Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced when it comes to dances.  Of course there is the Ultra Beginner dances.

That’s in America…….  As you see, in places like the UK they have dance instead of our phys ed so their beginner dances are like some of what we listed as intermediate years ago.  In my classes I don’t always tell them what level it is.  I just teach the dance, and if it’s to beginners and there are syncopations or turns I break it down, go slower, or give a modification.  If it’s a good dance to great music I want them to be able to dance.  Who cares what level they call it, we LOVE IT and just want to dance.  Have fun everyone and just dance!

NOTE FROM ME:  There are some really good articles under this link on the WLDN site

http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/info_choreographers.html

*******************************

Important Dance News

tampafl...@gmail.com

Hot Summer Nights

6 Awesome Guest Pros

at these Upcoming Dances

July 19th- Westie Wednesday

Guest Instructor- Gary Jobst

July 22nd- Tampa Floorplay

Guest Instructor- All Star Dancer, Ryan Dobbins

Aug 2nd- Westie Wednesday

Guest Instructor- Brennar Goree

Aug 26th-27th Tampa Floorplay

Guest Instructor- Jake Haning

*Intensives with Jake

*Live Music by Ken Apperson

Sept 23rd- Tampa Floorplay

Guest Instructors- Stephen White and Sonya Dessereault

Nov 25th- Tampa Floorplay

Luau Party

*themed food & desserts

*fruity cocktails

*leis included

*tropical decor & lighting

*extended hours

All pros are available for private lessons while in town! Contact Danielle at tampafl...@gmail.com to reserve your spot ASAP!

Bayou Dance Club 6541 102nd Ave N, Pinellas Park

Danielle Blouin | 813-390-2556 |tampafl...@gmail.com

***********************************

SUBJECT:  MORE LEGENDS IN LINE BIOS

NOTE FROM ME:   I hope you are enjoying reading these as much as I am.  Thanks for sharing, David Morgan!!

David Morgan

Yesterday at 5:57am

Here at Legends In Line, we are really excited that Robbie McGowan Hickiewill be joining us at the Norbreck in November!

Robbie is a prince among men when it comes to Line dance. This multiple Crystal Boot winner has hordes of fans all over the globe.

Robbie comes from a large family and has eight siblings. He was born in Coalburn in Lanarkshire, Scotland. Robbie of course has lived in Leicestershire for the last 20+ years.

Robbie knew very little about dance before Line dancing came into his life. He discovered our favourite past time at a pub in London. There was Country music playing from a room and the barman urged him to take a look at this new thing called Line Dancing.

That was the beginning of the adventure for Robbie and with 2 friends started up a beginner class in Nottingham in 1996, 'The Nottingham Outlaws'. In 1997 he enrolled for a teacher training course with John and Janette Sandham of the BWDA in Preston. Soon afterwards in 1998 Robbie started teaching his own class in Nottinghamshire known as 'Country Knights'.

Recently Robbie took over Jules Langstaff's class when she decided to hang up her boots after many years.

Robbie's first piece of choreography was 'Dance My Lindy Lou' which was written for a friends wife. This dance became very popular in the Nottingham area and that was all it took for Robbie to start looking for a new piece of music to get his teeth into.

It was in 1998 that his first real success was with 'Stitch It Up' and his name got noticed. He was about to bin this dance, as he believed no one would be interested. A friend however persuaded him to change the music. He chose the Elvis Medley by the Dean Brothers. Carol Dean invited Robbie to teach his creation at the famous 'Chance To Dance' in Harrogate.

Robbie has since had hundreds of hit dances but 'Amame' is very special to him as it has so many great memories associated to it.

Robbie's Role Model at the start of it all......... Yes you've guessed it. Who else? Mr Rob Fowler.

Rob Fowler was the very first person to congratulate him when he won his first Crystal Boot. Robbie was quite unaware that this particular year would have been Rob's fifth year of Male Personality!

Robbie is an 'A' list celebrity in the world of Line dance, a class act who can write an international hit time after time. Robbie is someone whose name is certain to draw crowds and whose dances are eagerly awaited for by hundreds of fans.

For him Line dance has been and still is a huge part of his life. 'I love all that Line dance has given me and I always will be involved, as long as people want me there.'

Well Robbie, we want you there in November!

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, hat

***************************************

EDWARD LAWTON

Here at Legends In Line we welcome the return of Edward Lawton​ 'The Urban Cowboy' or is it 'Mr. Ed' these days? to the Norbreck in November.

Ed is a well known choreographer, instructor, accomplished competition dancer and now radio DJ.

Entertaining people has always been in Ed's blood since 1983, when at the Tender Age of 13, he started to help his parents in their bar in Pan Castilla, Majorca. So up to the age of 20, Ed was 'having a ball' getting up to all sorts of crazy activities to keep the visitors entertained.

Sharing a love of Country Music with his parents he decided to give Line Dancing a try.The first dance he ever learned was Rhinestone Cowboy under the guidance of Pat Griffiths of the Texas Travellers in Frodsham. Ed rapidly blossomed into a very competent dancer, and with his appetite for entertaining, an ability to communicate and a gregarious nature, the natural progression seemed to be instructor. Ed trained with the D&G school of dance.

Ed first got into competitions at the UK Championship and International Competition weekend organised by Viv and Malcolm Owen.Ed describes his style of dancing as by 'the seat of his pants'.

Ed competed many times at the World UCWDC Championships held in Nashville. He also used to train two teams The Stoke Stompers and The Crazy Cowgirls.

Choreography was always a particular facet of line dancing which has fascinated Ed. Ed admits to becoming a choreographer accidentally by being frustrated at having a favourite song 'stuck in his head' with no dance that he liked to go with it. As we know Ed has had some major hit dances over the years notably 'Pretend' to the same track sung by Sharon B! His other successful dances which still grace floors today are Dreamweaver, Digital Thunder and Deck 51 which he co choreographed with Malcolm White. After some years of absence on the Line Dance scene he has recently released 'Tears of Regret'.

Sadly Ed had no choice but to leave Line dancing after an accident to his knee where tendons were severed. The repairs did not work and he had to endure a second operation which resulted in his entire leg had to be put in a cast and took 2 years to heal to a reasonable standard. It has taken 5 years for however for Ed to regain strength in his knee to be able to walk properly.

Ed is now part of the Move Radio Franchise run by Shirley Jackson along side Mark Guichard, Jean Webb, Diddy Dave Morgan, Julie Lockton, Karin Van De Merwe, Heather Freeman and Christopher Gonzales.

Ed also is Landlord of The Bellringer Pub in Stoke on Trent.

Never at a loss for words, Ed puts everyone at their ease. His sense of humour, his blatant flamboyance and obvious enjoyment in what he does is both refreshing and contagious.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven