World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 2/10 & Reminder to vote!!

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 20, 2015, 9:47:06 AM2/20/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
FRIDAY, 2/20.  Sorry if I missed posting anything yesterday.  Apparently AOL was doing something to the system so I didn't receive yesterday's mail until this morning when I shut down aol and reopened.  If you sent something and I didn't get it, please resend it.   That is true whenever you send something.  I will never purposely leave anything out that you send unless I personally write you and ask you about it for some reason or because I need more information.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE BY LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

**********************************

SUBJECT:  DANCIN' with MARILYN
FROM:    Marilyn McNeal,
BoarsN...@aol.com

A brief update on what's happening in just my own Ocala classes these days!

On Top of the World dancers are going strong and increasing in my Monday
classes at this wonderful community! Four levels and all just a great crowd of happy
dancers. Thanks to all the volunteers who continue to practice with each level, making
their dance experience really special. I appreciate ALL of you!

COWBOYS SALOON:
Thursday Nights we have a mixed level but the majority is Intermediate/Advanced level dancer.
This gives me the opportunity to teach many of the great dances that are taught at the big events,
and also much of the newer choreography that is created monthly. We dance from 7:30PM until
10PM or later on the best dance floor in Florida! Smoke free until 10PM with no cover charge.
I encourage everyone to buy something to drink to keep our Thursday night happy!

Currently on the floor are just about every dance that is requested, but the newest are:
UPTOWN FUNK by Rob Fowler
YES! by Simon & Jo T.
BEAST OF BURDER by Roy Verdonk
DON'T LET ME DOWN by Robbie M. Hickie
WE ONLY LIVE ONCE by Robbie M. Hickie
BEAUTIFUL GOODBYE by Michael Barr
FLIP ON THE LIGHTS by Ria Vos  (teaching tonight)
WONDER TRAIN by Ria Vos
FIREBALL by Kate Sala
REMIX by Yvonne Anderson and Karl-Harry Winson

Beginner Dances at the club and in my day classes include many real easy ones plus these newest ones:
UPTOWN FUNKY by Jill Weiss
IN THE BASEMENT by Eddie Huffman
A LITTLE BIT LATER On by Severine Fillion
ACTION by Darren Bailey (an old one)
THE MAJESTIC by Frank Trace
ONCE IN A LIFETIME by Korsgard and Hansen
FREESTYLE by Amy Christian
HOT KISSES by Donna Manning

Come visit us on Thursday nights at Cowboys for Line Dance and on Friday nights for Line and Pattern Dancing!  See you on a dance floor somewhere!
PS.    Boston Showdown coming up the end of March! We'll see you there!

************************
Subject:  Line Dance Showdown, Quincy, MA – March 26-29, 2015
From:  JC Dance Productions, Inc.

Early registration cut off is FRIDAY (That's tomorrow)!  Mail in your registration by then and save money.

 Workshops (Workshops will be on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
ALL workshops are included in your weekend or daily passes.    A complete workshop schedule will be available online two weeks prior to the event.  We are offering a variety of workshops at all levels.  Register early for savings on your weekend and day passes. You must purchase a weekend or daily pass to attend workshops.  Here is the link for a registration form:  http://www.linedanceshowdown.com/images/pdfs/2015.pdf

 Instructors
Some of the best instructors from around the world have been CONFIRMED and you don’t want to miss this line-up:
Scott Blevins (IN)
Will Craig (NC)
Dancin’ Dean (VT)
Rob Fowler (Spain)
Kenny J (NJ)
Rhoda Lai (Canada)
Steve Lescarbeau (MA)
Jamie Marshall (TN)
Rachael McEnaney (UK/FL)
Debbie McLaughlin (UK)
Guyton Mundy (FL)
John Robinson (IN)
Fred Whitehouse (Ireland)
Ed Williams (NY)
And Helena Jeppsson,  the WINNER of WDM Choreography Competition

The Showdown
This is an ANYTHING GOES competition and it is HUGE!  $2,000.00 in cash prizes.  The Solo’s / Duo’s / Team’s will be competing against each other for the $700 first place prize and $300 prize for the one with the most audience votes.  You get a total of (6) Six minutes on the floor to see if you’re good enough to take home the cash.  Rules are. ……There are no rules!

USLDCC Choreography Competition
This is the first year for the USLDCC (United States Line Dance Choreography Championships). Please visit www.USLDCC.com for complete rules and how to qualify for the Championships scheduled for 2015.  Select your song, create your dance with some of your favorite steps, ask friends to join you and give it a try!  Winners take home some really great prizes!

Accommodations
The Line Dance Showdown will be held at Boston Marriott Quincy in Quincy, Massachusetts.  The Boston Marriott Quincy is proud to offer you a special room rate of $106.00 per night.  For room reservations, please call 617-472-1000 or 800-228-9290.  Mention The Line Dance Showdown to get the special room rate.

For questions or more information, please email us at:  in...@linedanceshowdown.com

Jennifer Cameron
JC Dance Productions, Inc.
Line Dance Showdown (March 26-29, 2015)
Fun in the Sun (July 16-19, 2015)
Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic (November 5-8, 2015)

*************************
SUBJECT:  FloriDANCE 2015
May 2nd, 2015
(Friday "Meet & Greet" dinner and dance party and Sunday Farewell Brunch are both optional)

INSTRUCTORS
Guyton Mundy-Will Craig-Jamie Marshall along with DJ JP Potter

VENUE
The Ballroom of Ormond Beach (2,800sqft of hardwood red oak dance floor, professional sound system and amazing atmosphere.)

HOTEL
The Sleep Inn
$54.99+tax
Must call and mention FloriDANCE to receive discount. Located about a mile from the Ballroom.

REGISTRATION
$60.00 for group *see rules
$65.00 for Early (before 04/01/2015)
$70.00 for Regular (after 04/01/2015 or at door based on availability)
$20.00 Friday or Saturday Night Dance Pass
$20.00 Non-Dancer Spectator Pass for day and evening.

The socials and workshop are BYOB!

Registration Includes- Friday Night Dance Party, Saturday Workshop, Catered Lunch, Step Sheet Disc, Saturday Night "Greek or Geek" Frat Party, and memories to last a lifetime.

Raffle for prizes and event passes will be held during workshop!

For complete information, Flier and Registration contact:
Patrick Fleming
FloriDANCE Director
321-507-8498
Flori...@yahoo.com
Facebook Group - FloriDANCE

We are excited to be hosting our 4th year pulling dancers from all across the Southeast, this is sure to be bigger and better than ever!!! See you all there!!!
******************
SUBJECT:     Scott Blevins 2nd Annual Line Dance Workshop and Dance Socials
WHERE:        Deerfield Beach, FL
DATE:           Friday & Saturday 2/27 – 2/28/15
FROM:          Betsy Courant (
egc...@aol.com)

Hello fellow line dancers.  Can’t believe we’re just a week away from a great weekend of social dancing and lessons with Scott Blevins.  It’s not too late to sign up!  We still have a few spots open so if you’re interested in attending just shoot me an email (egc...@aol.com).  You can register & pay at the door (cash only please) but I will need you to contact me to confirm we still have availability and with your choice for lunch (choices are: chicken salad sliders, ham & cheddar on croissant OR turkey & swiss on Kaiser roll).  Information is below for the workshop:

All open dancing during the workshop and the Friday & Saturday night socials will be dances requested by you, the attendees.  So get started on your request lists.  I’d like to have the lists by mid-February so I can put my playlists together.

WHEN:             Friday 2/27/15 DANCE SOCIAL from 7 – 10 p.m.
Saturday 2/28/15 DANCE WORKSHOP from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. (lunch included) AND
                        Saturday DANCE SOCIAL from 7 - 10 p.m. (registered dancers only)

WHERE:           Shall We Dance Studios (2nd floor), 600 S. Federal Highway, Deerfield Beach, FL

COST:              $10.00 for Friday night dance social (pay at door)
     $55.00 for Saturday workshop and Saturday night dance social

Saturday workshop includes: lunch, stepsheet book, bottled water & snacks.  Since this is a private studio you are free to bring your own drinks and snacks as well.

Please feel free to contact me at egc...@aol.com for a registration form, to be added to my email list or with any questions you may have.   Hope you can join us!!

Betsy
*******************
SUBJECT:  LET'S DANCE DAY (daytime social) - Orlando, Fl.
FROM:  Lindy (
lindysda...@gmail.com)

Calling ALL dancers......Only 2 weeks away - Saturday, March 7th is our next LET'S DANCE DAY!!  wooo hoooo  Come dance with us and bring your friends.  We have four hours of dancing (from 12 noon to 4 p.m.)  2 beginner then 2 intermediate and plenty of floor splits, all day. There are some new fun dances on the playlist, plus lots of our old fav's, and a couple of irish ones for St. Patrick's Day.  :-)  Be sure to bring your own water/soft drinks, lunch, and/or snacks.  If you want a copy of the playlist to follow on Let's Dance Day, please print one and bring it along, tho I will try to make a few copies.  It is on my website in Word format!!!  www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com
(There are flyers on there too if you need some for your classes).(attached playlist too)

LDD will be at the Beardall Sr. Center at 800 Delaney Ave., Orlando 32801.  This is a big brick 3 story building at the corners of Delaney Ave, Gore St. and right off Orange Ave.  There is parking all the way around the building, (and at the bank next door as well), but use the handicapped door on the Gore St. parking lot side to enter the building as the other doors are locked on weekends.  We dance in the ballroom on the 2nd floor and there is an elevator!!

Since we are finished at 4, you will have time to go to dinner and then go to your other favorite dance place and dance all night too!  Your feet will be sooooo happy ....and we do love happy feet!

So that you can plan ahead, here are the dates for LDDs for the rest of this year:
March 7
April 11
May 9
June 6
July 11
Aug. 1
Sept. 5
Oct. 3
No LDD in NOV. this year.  sorry
Dec. 5

Hope to see you at one and/or all.  :-)

LET'S DANCE
Lindy
lindysda...@gmail.com
www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com
*********************
SUBJECT:  Line Dance Day in Seattle, WA with Hagan Ko!
FROM:  Hagan Ko (
ha...@haganlinedance.com)

If you're in the general Seattle area, please come join us for a day of line dancing!!

Saturday, March 7th  2:00pm - 10:00pm

Shift Movement & Healing Arts
3517 Stone Way N, Seattle, Washington 98103

Join Hagan Ko for a day of LINE DANCING, FRIENDS and FUN!!

$10/person. (We are just trying to pay for the rental space). Come for an hour, or two or three, or stay the entire day. We will start at 2pm and go until 10pm (or later if we still have dancers on the floor!)

We will take a break for dinner around 6pm. There are many restaurants in the area.

This is mainly just open dancing, but we will sneak in an impromptu teach here and there, and maybe even a few quick walkthroughs.

We will have a set playlist, and ALL requests ARE WELCOME! Please send them to: ha...@haganlinedance.com

Shift has a BEAUTIFUL dance floor, so NO STREET SHOES/BOOTS are allowed. Socks/dance shoes/dance sneakers only please.

You can bring food and drinks. There is a sink and a microwave available.

Open invite for all your friends!

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/873648559343786/
*******************************

Subject: RECAP - DANCES TAUGHT IN FEBRUARY BY CHRISTINE BASS
from:
girlyli...@yahoo.com

RECAP - WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON LINE DANCE CLASS
with Christine Bass   (girlyli...@yahoo.com)

Where:  Canal Street Rec Center, the Villages, FL
Time:  2:00 pm to 4:00 pm

For more info on what’s happening in the Line Dance World here in the Villages, FL,
check out the website (www.VillageLineDancer.com)

February 18, 2015

REMINDER:  NO CLASS next Wednesday February 25th

Come on out to Brownwood at the Paddock Square as my line dance team SWEET & SASSY will be performing @ the STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL @ 2:00 PM.

Fellow Line Dancer Judy Maguire will be performing with the Gemstones @ 2:15.

So come on out, eat some Strawberries, take lots of pictures of us and enjoy next Wednesday outdoors!!!

Here’s a summary of the dances that have been taught for the month of FEBRUARY:

AIN’T WOT U DO, Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/aint-wot-u-do-ID99923.aspx

BEAST OF BURDEN, Roy Verdonk
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/beast-of-burden-ID98474.aspx

BEAUTIFUL GOODBYE, Michael Barr
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/beautiful-goodbye-ID98620.aspx

DEAR FUTURE HUSBAND, Julia Wetzel
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/dear-future-husband-ID100351.aspx

DON’T LET ME DOWN, Robbie McGowan Hickie
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/dont-let-me-down-ID101553.aspx

CECILIA, Willie Brown & Heather Barton
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/cecilia-ID100527.aspx

GOIN’ HAMM by Trevor Thornton
http://youtu.be/tSJFvvdlPAk

THE REMIX, Karl-Harry Winson & Yvonne Anderson
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-remix-ID100629.aspx

RUMBLE!, Vivienne Scott
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/rumble-ID100097.aspx

UP, Alison & Peter
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/up-ID101845.aspx

UPTOWN FUNK, Rob Fowler
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/uptown-funk-ID101399.aspx

VROOM VROOM, Alison & Peter
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/vroom-vroom-ID101862.aspx

WE ONLY LIVE ONCE, Robbie McGowan Hickie
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/we-only-live-once-ID101094.aspx

YES!, Simon Ward & Jo Thompson Szymanski
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/yes-ID101782.aspx

YOUR LIPS, Christine Bass
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/your-lips-ID101528.aspx

WONDER TRAIN, Ria Vos
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/wonder-train-ID100267.aspx

Soooooo many dances ….. soooooooo little time …
************************
SUBJECT:  DANCES THIS WEEK
FROM:  BIG DAVE

A dreaded revision week as I promised them lol !! :-( ..... We don't often have one because most of the Toon AZ's dance in lots of places so revision (Past 2 or 3 weeks) is not that vital usually, but we've done some great new dances recently & we needed one this week - I only promised for the main class though & I need some fun myself right, so the earl-birds got a couple of new ones (Because we are up to date with them) & late-birds got a new one (Because we just have too get through some great new prospects !!!) - And they were well received :

Early-Birds :

Your Loving Arms (Vikki Morris) - 32/4 Intermediate - A lovely cool/smooth mainstream West Coast - A floor split for Klara's Thinking Out Loud which the late-birds did/do - This is an awesome track & the dance is lovely - Seen lots of good reports about it so fingers crossed Vikki :-) xx

Comeback (Dee Musk) - 64/4 Intermediate - A cracking new pop Cha from Dee - She sent me this ahead of the weekend & I could not resist it whoops - You'll love it Folkestone & the sheet will be out over the weekend - I'll be doing it in the main session next week for everyone - Well done DeeDee :-) xx

We recapped Yvonne's cool East Coast The Boy Can Dance from the Awards :-) New Shade Of Blue & Modern Romance sorted so got a couple more easy ones lined up to start next week, maybe Rob & Rachael's new Improver country ones :-)

Late-Birds :

Hypnotized (Darren, Fred & Raymond) - Phased Intermediate - A cool funky one A/B/Tag but not too hard & not too fast either & everyone loved it (We'll put the arms in next week !!) - Another great dance out of Strictly Stoke - We also enjoyed recapping Slave 2 The Rhythm & Battle Scars ..... And looking forward to Guyton's Twisted Sister now next week :-)

Middle-Birds !! :-)
So in between this lots of great revision - Here's To Us, Love Me Like You Do, LIPZ, Ready For The Good Life, Shades Of Passion & Bubbles Dahhhling, Hard Work, A Thousand Miles & Hard To Say It - We'll have another go at Don't Dance Alone, Too Blind To See & One Great Mystery next week - Some awesome nightclubs out right now - Next week lots of requests for N&J's We Could Be Giants, so we'll be doing that one, another great dance from the Awards weekend & another go at N&J's I'm Burnin' Up too :-)

Off to Folkestone today - Chill night before our Just Dance weekend with Dee & Karl - Cya there if you are coming - Looking forward to our first visit to the town - If you want a go at any of these dances just see me :-)

Dave.
=== Events : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/EventFlyersBookingForms.html
=== VIP's : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/JoinVIP.htm
===www.bigdavegastap.com
07868-424587 (Pauline/Booking Line)
Dave Baycroft
48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington Station, Northumberland, NE22 5YS

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com