World Line Dance Newsletter Sunday 8/7

18 просмотров

TKA...@aol.com

не прочитано,
7 авг. 2016 г., 10:02:3207.08.2016
– world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
SUNDAY 8/7.  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE TODAY!

I had a great time at Dance Day in Orlando yesterday with about 50 dancers.  Lindy always keeps everything moving and we get to dance lots of dances.  You should join her sometime.   Go to this link to see her playlist www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com.  Super mix of dances to do.  Thanks, Lindy, as always for a fun day with our Florida friends.  Mark your calendars for the next one.

We now have confirmed dates for LDD's for the rest of the year:
Aug. 6
Sept. 3
Oct. 8
Nov. 12
Dec. 10
*******************
SUBJECT:  JEN AND LAURA DO LONDON ON THEIR WAY TO THE WORLD DANCE MASTERS DAY 1

Our first day in London was great. The weather is HOT when you're walking everywhere.  Tomorrow will be warmer so it's shorts and tank tops.

After we arrived, we took the Heathrow Express to  Paddington Station (yes, We both bought a bear) and then took the tube to hotel.  The public transportation is really good and people are so nice when I ask for help.

Checked in to our hotel and it's perfect.  It's a Marriott so the have AC and ice.  We dropped our stuff, went to a pub, after that we toured Westminster Abbey. Did you know that Princess Diana was the only royalty to not get married there?    It didn't hold enough people.

We then walked to Big Ben, Parliament, checked out the River Thames (which is not very nice but then again, I'm used to Florida).  Walked a park and then to another pub.  We are both loving the ciders!

Now back at hotel for a nap before we venture out tonight.  Jen.

Went to Piccadilly for a late dinner and drinks.  Interesting place.  It was like a tiny version NYC. Lots of clubs.  Fun place to people watch.  Tomorrow we have plans to meet up with some dance friends for lunch and dinner.  Nighty night!

NOTE FROM ME:  I got a note this morning that they are their way to meet Jenny Hackett for lunch and Liam for dinner (not sure which Liam).  I'll post today's adventures in tomorrow's newsletter.  Lots of photos on Jennifer Cameron's Facebook Page.  I'm still impressed that Laura got on the plane with the carry on that was almost as big as that giant pillow she was carrying and that giant purse that went with the giant pillow and carry on.  LOL.  THEN Jen said she got some guy to carry stuff off the plane for her since she dropped it in the middle of the aisle.  I didn't hear about how they got to and on the train but maybe that will be later.  LOL.
******************************

SUBJECT:  Dances taught at Grrowler's (UK) - week ending 06-Aug-16

Beginners
Come Dance With Me (Jo Thompson) - Come Dance With Me - Nancy Hays
I Saw Linda Yesterday (Derek Robinson) - I Saw Linda Yesterday - Blackjack
La Cucaracha (Unknown) - All You Ever Do Is Bring Me Down - Mavericks
La Cucaracha (Unknown) - La Cucaracha - TNN
Live Laugh Love (Rob Fowler) - Live Laugh Love - Clay Walker

Love Me Or Leave Me (Frank Trace) - Love Me or Leave Me - Rod Stewart
Mamma Maria (Frank Trace) - A La Playa - SBS
Rita's Waltz (Jo Thompson) - Completely - Collin Raye
Rita's Waltz (Jo Thompson) - Someone Must feel Like A Fool Tonight - Kenny Rogers

Sunshine (Barbara Lowe) - Cake By The Ocean - DNCE
Tennesee Waltz Surpise (Andy Chumbly) - Tennessee Waltz - Irene Sheer
This & That (Gary Lafferty) - Woman - Mark Chesnutt
Wishful Thinking (Jim O'Neil) - Loving All Night - Rodney Crowell
Wishful Thinking (Jim O'Neil) - Shortenin' Bread - The Tractors

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Improvers
Galway Girls (Chris Hodgson) - The Galway Girl - Sharon Shannon & Steve Earle
Shakatak (Kate Sala) - Ciega Sordomuda - Shakira
So Just Dance Dance Dance (Jose BV & Guillaume Richard) - Cant Stop The Feeling - Justin Timberlake
Tennessee Waltz Surprise (Andy Chumbly) - Tennessee Waltz - Irene Sheer

The Queen (Guillaume Richard & Friends) - Tilted - Christine & The Queens
Toes (Rachael McEnaney) - Stumblin' In - Suzi Quatro & Chris Norman
Toes (Rachael McEnaney) - Toes - Zac Brown Band
Well Do Ya (Kim Ray) - Do You Love Me - Overtones

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Int / Adv
Have Fun, Go Mad (Scott Blevins) - Have Fun Go Mad - Blair
Girl Next Door (Gaye Teather) - Girl Next Door - Brandy Clark
I Know A Guy (Simon Ward) - I Know A Guy- Chris Young
Magical Mystery Ride (P&A) - All Of Me - D'Macy

Razor Sharp (Stephen Sunter) - Siamsa - Ronan Hardiman
Solo Amor (Rob Fowler & Friends) - Solo Quiero Amarte - Vela
The Lone Ranger (KHW) Lone Ranger - Rachel Platten

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For a full list of dances taught and danced socially at our classes over the recent months
Visit www.Grrowler.com

LUV & XXX's
John "Grrowler" Rowell - your dancin' DJ
Tel : +44(0)1723 - 364736
Email : Grro...@btinternet.com
Web: www.Grrowler.com
Facebook : John Grrowler Rowell
*****************************
SUBJECT:  COULD SOMEONE HELP THIS PERSON FIND A PLACE IN OR NEAR AUGUSTA, MAINE?
FROM:  Rosemary Mcardle,
mcardle....@gmail.com

My name is Rosemary McArdle and I live in Ireland.  I will be on vacation in Augusta, Maine from 1st to 17th September and I am enquiring if there are any line dancing classes or social events being held during this period that would be fun for me to attend. I have been line dancing for about two years now and really enjoy it.  I would like to experience one or more classes in the U.S.

I'd be grateful if you could let me know if you have any information that you think may interest me.  I would like the venue to be close to Augusta - if at all possible.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.
Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать