World Line Dance Newsletter Monday 6/26 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Jun 26, 2017, 9:38:26 AM6/26/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

Monday 6/26

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

SUBJECT: 2017 & 2018 World Event Calendar updated

FROM: Stacy J Garcia,

stacy...@gmail.com, https://www.facebook.com/stacy.j.garcia,

http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR UPCOMING EVENT(S)

Please fill out information below and email me, Stacy J Garcia: Stacy...@gmail.com

PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN THE BODY OF THE E-MAIL:

CHOOSE ONE: (Add, Remove, Change)

DATE OF EVENT: (Month, Day, Year)

NAME OF EVENT:

LOCATION OF EVENT: (Country, Province, State, City)

WEBSITE (no facebook link allowed. sorry): http://

CONTACT: Email OR Phone

TYPE OF EVENT: (LD, SW, CW, PP, SOUL)

AFFILIATED ORGANIZATION: (UCWDC, ACWDA, USLDCC)

******************************

SUBJECT:  HIGH BEG TO INTERMEDIATE TO ADV SOCIAL YESTERDAY IN PINELLAS PARK, FL

We had a great social yesterday.  Thanks for coming everyone.  We had over 60 people all dancing and visiting all day.  Thanks to everyone who volunteered to teach some GREAT dances.  We will be reviewing them in the next few weeks in class and I'm sure they will be danced at FITS.  Thanks to Diane for all her work and to our great DJ, Cheryl Hurlburt, for keeping everyone on the floor every minute.   Lots of people brought food to share with what we brought and, of course, we ordered pizza, as always.  A couple of people asked about paying for drinks.  We should have announced for those who didn't know, that drinks are always freeeeeeeeee so you will know for next time.  We'll let you know when we know when the next social will be.

Lindy Bowers from Orlando taught Friday At The Dance by Rob Fowler & Laura Sway

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/friday-at-the-dance-ID117201.aspx

Debbie Carpenter from Bonita Springs taught Straight To The Castle by Joey Warren

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/straight-to-the-castle-ID117958.aspx

Nancy Delaney from Ft Myers taught Tick Tick Boom by Debbie Rushton, Tim Johnson , Jean-Pierre Madge

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/tick-tick-boom-ID118289.aspx

Marilyn McNeal from Ocala taught Taking Care Of You by Ria Vos

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/taking-care-of-you-ID118228.aspx

Hope you had as much fun as we did!

Here is the playlist from yesterday:

Lay Low

Take Me to the River

Street Soul –

Ain’t Misbehavin'

Woo Woo-

Blessed

Serious Love -

Thinkin' & Drivin'-

Clap Snap-

12:00

Thy Will -

Let It Out –

Crash -

Slowly, Gently, Softly-

Champagne Promise -

Tuesday Blues –

Extreme Love -

Fooling Around –

12:30

Straight to the Castle –teach – Debbie Carpenter

Straight to the Castle

Shape of you (Roy and Fiona) floor split

Kissing Strangers-

1:30

Friday Night at the Dance – teach – Lindy

Friday Night at the Dance

Strip it down –

Love Remains –

Chunky -

Happily Ever After –

Sound Of Silence-

Change My Ways -

Holdin' me back -

Clap Your Hands –

Tell Your Heart To Beat Again –

The Boogie –

2:35

Taking Care of You – teach – Marilyn McNeal

Taking Care of You

3:00

-----Pizza time---

Tango with me darling –

Shady  -

Heaven On Earth –

3:15

Tic Tic Boom –teach – Nancy Delaney

Tic Tic Boom

Shake That  -

Beautiful In My Eyes-

Wants and Needs -

Feel – (we need a review of this one!)

4:00

Reviews

Straight to the Castle

Friday Night at the Dance

Taking Care of You

Tic Tic Boom

The Remix –

Run Me Like A River-

Nancy Mulligan –

I’m Crazy Abput You -

Thumbs Up -

Italiano -

Lady in Red -

Time To Surrender-

Chase That Dollar

The Waiting Game -

Pins & Needles-

She used to be Mine -

Twisted Sister floor request

WAY TO GO, CHERYL.  I think she said she played EVERY request.  No wonder I was so tired when I got home!

Here are some photos.  Hope you can open them

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNPmv09TUtCryQg5bqcd8X1Xta1jEWg8BXgiXbT-f6X2U2FDkhpdq9GNjKqucTfiA?key=RXlOZnNpTnBEU21qX0xiVmo0dWNoTTBRb0RDN053

****************************

CLASS TOMORROW:

This is our review week (the last Tuesday of the month).  We will only have one new dance this week and we will be reviewing the other new dances we have done this busy month.

New

The Ghost Of You by Verdonk & Holtland taught by Joan

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-ghost-of-you-ID117031.aspx

Reviews:

Clap Snap / Philip Sobrielo & Rebecca Lee / Intermediate taught by Lynda

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/clap-snap-ID118154.aspx

Champagne Promise by Tina Argyle taught by Liz

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/champagne-promise-ID117305.aspx

Slowly Softly Gently by Gary O'Reilly.   Taught by Sheri

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/slowly-gently-softly-sgs-ID118447.aspx

Studio location:

Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Ave

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com

Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com

***************************

SEPTEMBER 16, 2017 - ALL DAY WORKSHOP & SOCIAL - ROANOKE, VA

FROM: VIANNE GREEK 540-992-2326 da...@vj-online.com

SPECIAL DEAL: SIGN UP ONLINE OR SEND IN A SIGN-IN SHEET & CHECK BEFORE JULY 4TH

AND BE IN FOR A DRAWING OF A FREE MEAL AT THE DANCE VENUE

ROANOKE VALLEY (ALL DAY) LINE DANCE WORKSHOP AND DANCE

http://rvlinedance.wordpress.com/

Download a poster and signup sheet at

https://rvlinedance.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/20170916-posterandsignupsheet1.pdf

Find us on Facebook at

https://www.facebook.com/events/443151426076602/

ROANOKE VALLEV
LINE DANCE
WORKSHOP DANCE
Featuring five local line dance instructors and line dances of
all different levels and musical styles
Saturday, September 1B, 2017
WORKSHOPS IORM - SPY
ary K
OPEN ORNCE 7PM - IIPM
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
Register by August 15: $25 • full day
After August IS: $30 full day
$25 workshops only
$10 dance only
Find us on Facebook at
Roanoke Valley Line Dance Wwkshop
Mre info 8 registeraat rvlinedance.wordpress.com
Please* back for hotel information
on
eit
Miller
LiSÃ¥
RORNOKE moose LODGE 284 | 540-384-6034
3233 CRTRWBR URI-LEY OR SRI-EM, UR 241S3
Food available for purchase on site for lunch and located near
manyrestaurants for dinner options.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2017

10AM – 5PM – NON-STOP WORKSHOP

7PM – 11PM – SOCIAL DANCE

LOCATION

Roanoke Moose Family Center 284 On 311

3233 CATAWBA VALLEY DR

SALEM, VA 24153

COST

ALL DAY: $30

WORKSHOPS ONLY: $25

SOCIAL DANCE ONLY: $10

PRE-REGISTERED DANCERS WILL RECEIVE A

COMPLIMENTARY STEP SHEET BOOKLET

EARLY BIRD PRE-REGISTRATION PRICING

ALL DAY: $25*

*MUST BE REGISTERED AND PAID BY AUGUST 15, 2017

 ************************************

SUBJECT   -  LEVELS    FOR   DANCES

FROM  -  ARLINE  WINERMAN,.    ST. PETERSBURG,  FL

luvtoda...@webtv.net

727   551-0062

I have  been reading  the  thread about   what to call  the  level of dances  -  this is  only my  opinion.

********  I  have been teaching  since   1990  -     I  am  "old"    -    I still wear  my boots  -   I  still  love  the  classic dances   -    I  still  love  country music.

I  was  trained  as  a judge for    UCWDC  -       they  called the  categories      ------     NEWCOMER  /    NOVICE /     INT.  /

ADVANCED  FOR BOTH  LINE DANCERS  AND  COUPLE  DANCERS.

I  base  what  level  I call  a  particular  dance  on  my   class.     Some Beg. dances  work  for one  class and  are  still  too hard  for  another.   Plus  each  choreographer    thinks  of  how  they  name   the  level  of the dance  -  according      to  their  experience.      Some  call  a  dance   Beg.     and  I think  it   should  be  Int.     based on my dancers.     Etc.        Too hard  for my  group.

This  is the  way   I    place  my   dances:

ABSOLUTE    BEG.   - NEVER  DANCED  BEFORE    (   use  very  few turns  and   no  triple  steps  )

BEG.  -   MUSIC  MUST NOT BE  TOO FAST

HIGH  BEG.  -

EASY  INT.  /    NOVICE   /    IMPROVER   -    ALL  SEEM   SIMILAR  IN  DIFFICULTY  TO ME

INTERMEDIATE

PHRASED

(   I prefer  that  choreographers   do not label  a dance     BEG./   INT.   -    it is either  Beg.  or  Int.  -  I don't  see  how it can be  both.   )

Hope   everyone  has  a  wonderful  Summer.

I  am  doing  pretty good ------------

Lots of  luv  -   Arline

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven