World Line Dance Newsletter Thursday November 10th, Please remember to vote

TKA...@aol.com

Nov 10, 2016, 9:00:13 AM11/10/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Thursday November 10th.  Please remember to vote

SUBJ:  Birthday Blast with Jamie & Junior - November 19th - Nashville, TN
FROM:  Jamie Marshall -
thejamie...@att.net

Come dance with us to celebrate our birthdays in beautiful Nashville, TN.  The doors of the historic Nashville Palace opens at 9:30.  Only $35 for the workshop, lunch and step descriptions.  Dancing that night for $5.  We are also planning on dancing at the Nashville Palace on Friday night - $5 (it's Jamie's birthday!).  Several of today's hottest dances will be taught as well as fun, beginner dances..something for all levels!  Email Jamie at thejamie...@att.net with questions or for a registration form.  I believe the lights at Opryland will be on!  Shopping at Opry Mills Mall, right across the street!  It's going to be a party!
Jamie Marshall
******************************
SUBJECT:  What:  Pipestem, WV Line Dance Weekend
Where: Pipestem State Park
When:  Nov 11-13th
From:   Alice Daugherty/Tim Hand

It's not too late to make plans to join us! It's getting close to that time again!  Yes The Pipestem Line Dance Weekend and Tim and I are so excited to be back again this year with a great weekend for relaxing with some dancing before the Holidays!!!  Join us on Friday, Nov 11th at 7:00 p.m. for the Meet and Greet with Lessons for Beginner to Intermediate Level, Country and Noncountry!  Lessons 7:15-9:00 p.m. Friday Night with Open Dancing 9:00-11:00 p.m., Lessons 1:00-4:00 p.m. on Saturday with Dinner being served between 5:30-8:00 p.m. with Open Dancing Saturday night 8:00 p.m. - Midnight. Sunday time to check out!  This workshop is great as it allows time to meet up with friends, hike, horseback riding, golf weather permitting they have an indoor pool and exercise room or maybe you just like to sit in the lobby and read or just enjoy the views of the mountains.  Fridays we all stay in the main ballroom dancing for all levels from Beginner to Intermediate. Saturday we do 2 rooms Beginner/High Beginner and Intermediate and then about 3:00 p.m. we all come back together in the main ballroom to review all dances so if you missed something you do get a review on it.  Also, during open dancing they are played and a one wall walk thru of the dances that were taught Friday and Saturday.

Dance package for 2 (not sure why they do it for 2 as it is line dancing) but this is a great weekend to bring a friend or someone who doesn't dance as they are welcome to sit in the ballroom not only at night during open dancing but also during the day if they like.  Package is $225.20 for 2 which includes Friday night lessons, open dancing, sat lessons, open dancing and 2 dinner passes all with the workshop pass.  Need a price for someone not actually participating in the workshop just give Pipestem a call at 304-46-1800.  Single occupancy  $174.20 as well as add on for triple or quad room occupancy.  Call Pipestem also for Workshop Pass if you live in the area and you don't need to stay at the facility.  Space is limited so if you have not made reservations don't wait do it today!  If you have questions regarding the workshop you can email me at adaugh...@aol.com or bigalof...@aol.com or call 502-643-2786.  Questions regarding price, rooms etc please contact Pipestem Resort State Park 304-466-1800.  Hope to see everyone on the dance floor!

Alice Daugherty/Tim Hand

******************************
SUBJECT:  Just a few  DJ shares/thoughts from Legends (From the main arena not the Country Saloon) ............

Some of the most popular/requested dances :

Intermediate :
-Take Me To The River
-Pieces
-Dear Friend
-Ain't Misbehavin'
-Corozon Diamante
-Say It Again
-Strip It Down
-From The Ground Up
-Girls Like
-Second Hand Heart
-Harden Up Princess
-Walk Of Shame

Easier :
-Gypsy Queen
-So Just Dance Dance Dance
-The Queen
-Lay Low
-Sinatra
-Big Blue Tree
.....Lots more in the Country Saloon I'm sure

Harder :
-Cake By The Ocean
-Whip It
-The Wild Life
-How I Want Ya
-Kickin' Up The Dust
.....The event is not really geared for Advanced/Newline dances but I hope we got a few in for you

Dances on the up :
-Woman Up
-I Came To Love You
-Angels On My Side
-You Don't Know Love
-Pom Poms
-Human After All
-Keep It Groovin'
-My Middle Name
-Water Off A Ducks Back

And the most popular 'Dances of Legends' - An intermediate Top 10 might look like this :
-Somebody Like You
-Pot Of Gold
-Feet Don't Fail Me Now
-Have Fun Go Man
-Islands In The Stream
-Into The Arena
-Shakatak
-Caught In The Act
-Chill Factor
-Razor Sharp
.......All the Legends dances were popular of course

Then some more that need to be Legends based on requests !! :-), all classics for sure :
-Beautiful In My Eyes
-Bittersweet Memory
-Jesse James
-Patient Heart
-Deeply Completely
-Doctor Doctor
-Hideaway Cha
-Walk Back To Me
-Let Me Love You
-Hold Your Horses
.....That's 10, but I could keep going !!! :-) ...... Not least Ribbon Of Highway for me :-)

The above based on the requests in the big arena room (600-700 people - And I so wish I/we had more time -With Legends dances, workshops, a show & a 1am finish sorry we just could not get past a tip of the iceberg of the requests - I hope I made up for it a little on the Sunday evening if you were where there with me in the ballroom, but of course you'll also have done lots with Gary & with Growler & Ed too in the Country Saloon - That room worked great - Well done to John, Ed & all the live gigs :-)

My thought is that I like the idea of advance Top 10 voting (& if you don't do it pot luck to you) & the pre-planned play-lists (With DJ gaps) like Scottish Legends - And mpre floor-splits, for every dance even - Or most at least (3 way splits even - It was a great floor & big enough for that) - I'll work harder on that myself for next year in particular.

I'm sorry I did not see all the new dances but just check out Rob's latest 24k Magic (Bruno Mars) - It's gonna be an 'Uptown Funk' sort of hit - Also Ria's lovely new Nightclub So Good - I hear Rachael's new one He's Italiano was also a big hit too :-)

Dave
*****Come & dance with us at Let's Party, Newcastle, 13th - 15th January 2017 - With Neville & Julie ..... 2 nights DB&B £129 - A New Year Bash to get your dancing year of with a big bang - A Boom in the Toon :-)

=== Events : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/EventFlyersBookingForms.html
=== VIP's : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/JoinVIP.htm
===www.bigdavegastap.com
07868-424587 (Pauline/Booking Line)
Dave Baycroft
48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington Station, Northumberland, NE22 5YS
******************************

Subject: December Workshop
From:
dancewit...@gmail.com

Hello everyone,

I returned home on Monday night from the UK after an AMAZING weekend at the Legends event, a sold out event with 1000 and it was too much fun.

Unpacked, repacked and just filed all the registrations that were waiting for me :-)  So thought I would send a reminder for those who have not registered ;-)

Saturday December 3rd at the Whirl and Twirl Dance Hall in Orlando, the day includes a hot lunch, all workshops and all request social, free parking and free entrance to the Barn in Sanford for anyone that still has the energy to keep dancing.

Heading to New York State for NYSOL tomorrow morning, I know I'll see some of you there.

Have a great weekend everyone x

--
Rachael

www.dancewithrachael.com
dancewit...@gmail.com
+1 407-538-1533

Rachael McEnaney - White
Instructor/Choreographer/Performer/Judge/Coach.
4 time World Champion, 7 time Choreographer Of The Year,
9 time Instructor Of The Year, 5 time Personality Of The Year
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Florida Mailing List" group.
******************************

From: Norma, Brooksville FL nerb...@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: My View on Last Weekend’s TB Classic

I had the pleasure of meeting Jennifer Cameron and talk about a worker,
she is “the one!”  She spent days trying to keep the Classic in Tampa,
to no avail.  Then she went to Orlando and decided on the Marriott there.
I am looking forward to going there next Nov. and if I have half the fun I
had this past weekend, I’ll be very happy!

The Choreographers were very patient and very thoughtful, as well as
friendly, even in passing in the hall way.  Always a smile and an
encouraging word!  The DoubleTree staff were also very courteous and
no matter the question, they had a smile & lots of patience as well!!  I had
my ‘Line Dancer”  jacket across my suitcase, when we were leaving and it
wasn’t there when we got to my car!  I rushed back to see if I dropped it, and
one of the fellas, seeing to the cars out front,  had it in his hand and was on
his way to the front desk, to turn it in!  I guess the bumpy loop in front, made
it slide off my suitcase! So, my hat off for the DoubleTree for the jacket rescue!!

As far as the dancing, we went back & forth between the two dance rooms,
but at the end stayed in the smaller room, both Thurs and Friday nights!!
(We had to leave Sat. afternoon, wah, so ‘had to get in as much dancing as
possible while we were there!)  ‘Didn’t get to bed until 1:30 both nights and up
at 6 for Zumba, on Fri., (which I loved) and 7 on Sat., to get to our 1st class at 8!
Our legs were stiff and our feet sore & tired,when we left, but we would (and will)
do it again, next year in Orlando!!

Over the years, I have traveled to so many venues to learn to line dance, met
Arline many years ago, at the Clearwater Joyland and she always remembers
me!! Carol, Stacy, Diane, Mary Ann, Pat; all old dear friends from so many places
so many years ago.  It was wonderful to see them all again plus many new faces.
I’m not the sharpest pencil in the box, but I love line dancing and look forward to
doing this all again, for a long time and of course, the whole weekend, next year!!
Another big “Thank You” to Jen & Arline for this Annual Event!!  XXXOOO

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.