World Line Dance Newsletter Thursday 1/18 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

35 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Carol Craven

ongelezen,
18 jan 2018, 09:33:2818-01-2018
aan world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.

Thursday 1/18

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.

Do you want to scan the newsletter faster?  I always put the word, SUBJECT, before each post.  Just do a search for that word and you can skip from topic to topic quickly and read what you are interested in reading.

******************************'

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

SUBJECT: 2017 BEGINNER BALLROOM PLAYLISTS

FROM: STACY J GARCIA, Stacy...@gmail.comwww.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

The annual tally of dances and the number of times they were played in the BEGINNER ballrooms at the 2017 events listed can be found on my page.

Click on the link provided http://www.goo.gl/1TWa6q to view on PDF.

******************

Subject: The Big Bang Dance Classic

From: Empire Dance Productions (Will Craig)

TWO WEEKS UNTIL YOU START TO ARRIVE!

WALK UPS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!

Pre Party: In the years before, we have had a great turn out and lots of fun. The ONLY official Pre party will be at Coyote Joe's. Wednesday January 3.  The club is only 5 miles away from the hotel.

You are invited to THE 6th ANNUAL BIG BANG DANCE CLASSIC in CHARLOTTE, NC. February 1 - 4 2018.

BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOM ASAP to be sure and get your double bed room

Go to Empiredance.us for information on how to book your room.

FREE AIRPORT SHUTTLE !!!! FREE PARKING !!!!!!

Registration Form: You can ONLY get a registration form from the website. VIP ONLY available till Oct 31 2017. Don't wait! VIP registrations are selling out quickly.

Please visit the website at Empiredance.us

Workshops:

ALL workshops (over 60 hours) will begin Friday morning, and are included in your weekend or daily passes. Thursday Night will have a kick off open dance party.

Instructors & DJ’s:

Instructors and DJ’s from around the world have been confirmed. You don’t want to miss this line-up:

Larry Bass, Dustin Betts, Scott Blevins, Bill Bragg, Kayla Cosgrove, Dancin' Dean, Darcie DeAngelis, Cody Flowers, Amy Glass, Steve Lescarbeau, Bryan McWherter, Rosie Multari, John Robinson, Maurice Rowe, Dancin' Terry, Joey Warren, and Brandon Zahorsky.

Don't Forget as always our very special

SECRET INTERNATIONAL INSTRUCTORS!

Wildman Louis St George and JP Potter - Main Ballroom DJ

Larry Bass and Kelly Cavallaro - Beginner room DJ.

Travel:

For those traveling to the event, the closest airport is Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT). A free shuttle will be provided from the airport to the hotel. The event will start on Thursday evening and the last workshop is scheduled from 2:00-3:00pm on Sunday.

For more information regarding the Big Bang Dance Classic, please visit the web site at Empiredance.us

Will Craig

Empiredance.us

Empir...@aol.com

************************

From: Liz Smith, lizs...@tampabay.rr.com

Subject:  HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY’s  LINE DANCE CELEBRATION, Tampa, Florida, FEBRUARY 10, 2018

We are a little over 3 weeks away from February 10 Line Dance Celebration Workshop in Tampa, Fl.  Don’t miss out dancing with friends and learning new dances from wonderful Florida instructors.  February 1st is the deadline for ordering tickets which include your selection of t-shirt and lunch.  After that, registrations will remain open until capacity is reached, but t-shirts will not be available since they have to be ordered by February 1.   Your selection of lunch may also not be available.

  • We are putting together the open dance playlist for our Celebration workshop.  If you would like to send requests, you can email me requesting up to 6 dances.  We will not have time to do all requested dances, but will make sure to include the most frequently requested dances.  Send your requests to lizs...@tampabay.rr.com by January 25.
  • I was told that the t-shirts are ‘unisex’ and made out of the ‘wicking fabric’, which tend to be more fitted. Keep that information in mind when you select the size t-shirt you would like.

If you have not already registered, below are all the details.

When :  Saturday, February 10 from 9:30am – 3:30pm.  Doors will open at 9:00am.

       Where:  Northdale Recreation Center located at 15550 Spring Pine Drive, Tampa, FL

Instructors: Lindy Bowers, Sheri Hurley, Lynda Licht, Marilyn McNeal and Gail Smith.  DJ is Vince Gregoire.

       Registration: Online (see link and detailed instructions below)

Registration fee is $20 plus website processing change for a total of $21.83. Fee includes workshop, lunch and t-shirt.  We will use one gym for the intermediate classes and a second gym for the beginner and improver dances and for open dancing.  Lunch will be a boxed lunch from Jersey Mike’s Subs.

This link will take you directly to the registration page: https://2018hclinedancecelebration.eventbrite.com/.  From there you click on the green box labeled ‘Ticket’. On the next screen select the number of tickets you wish to purchase and then click on the green box labeled ‘Checkout’. You will have 8 minutes to complete your transaction, after which time your ticket will be released and you have to start the process all over again.  Before going to the link, I suggest you have the following ready:

  • Credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover) to enter payment information.
  • For each ticket you purchase, you will be asked for the following information:
    • Name, address, email, phone number, gender
    • Birthday -  This website is frequently used to register children for events that have age limits, which is the reason for asking for the birthdate.  However, you may enter any valid date you want, so here is a your chance to be whatever age you would like to be.  :D
    • Shirt size (this is a unisex style shirt) – Select S, M, L, XL, XXL
    • Lunch option – Boxed lunch will include option of a sandwich (select either Turkey, Roast Beef, Italian, Vegie)
    • Read and agree to the liability waiver statement.

Registration will close when we reach our maximum capacity.  In order to guarantee availability of your selection of t-shirt or lunch choice, registration must be received by February 1st.

Any questions... please contact lizs...@tampabay.rr.com.

 ************************

SUBJECT:  Let's Dance Day social - Orlando, Fl.

FROM:  Lindy

              (lindysda...@gmail.com)

              (www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com)

Playlist for Feb. 3rd and flyer attached!!  I have tweaked the list to make a better flow plus added some new (and older) dance requests too.

Calling ALL dancers of all levels......Saturday, Feb. 3rd is our next LET'S DANCE DAY!!   Come dance with us and bring your BFFs.  We have four hours of dancing (from 12 noon to 4 p.m.)  Rotation of beginner then intermediate/adv. and plenty of floor splits, all day. There are some new fun dances on the playlist, plus lots of our old fav's. Let me know if you have requests, BEFORE I publish the playlist or it will have to be for the next LDD. :-)  I try to send out the playlist 2 weeks in advance so that you can practice what you want to be able to dance at LDD!  Be sure to bring your own water/soft drinks, lunch, and/or snacks.  If you want a copy of the playlist to follow on Let's Dance Day, please print one and bring it along, tho I will make a few copies.  It is on my website too!!!  www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com

(There are flyers on there too if you need some for your classes).

LDD will be at the Beardall Sr. Center at 800 Delaney Ave., Orlando 32801.  This is a big brick 3 story building at the corners of Delaney Ave, Gore St. and right off Orange Ave.  There is parking all the way around the building, (and at the bank next door as well), but use the handicapped door on the Gore St. parking lot side to enter the building as the other doors are locked on weekends.  We dance in the ballroom on the 2nd floor and there is an elevator!!

Since we are finished at 4, you will have time to go to dinner and then go to your other favorite dance place and dance all night too! Come if you can and we will have a fun, no stress dance day.

LET'S DANCE

Lindy

lindysda...@gmail.com

www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com

407-721-5106

*************************************

Linda Bolander

Rockton, IL 61072

ljhzi...@charter.net

Does anyone know of any line dance classes in the Galveston Island area that one of my snowbirds could attend while visiting Galveston Island in Texas? My email address is above and I greatly appreciate any help. Another snowbird will be visiting Sebastian, Florida and would like to line dance while she's there. I found four classes in Melbourne on the website but if anyone knows of any in Sebastian or Coco Beach or somewhere close to Sebastian, please let me know. Again, thanks for any help you can give me.

************************

Subject:        CrystalBootAwards is broadcasting live

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/crystalbootawards?utm_source=crowd-live-backend&utm_medium=visit-channel&utm_campaign=notifications

*****************************

SUBJECT:  HERE IS A GOOD TRAVEL TIP I SAW FROM MALENE JAKOBSEN THAT SHE POSTED ON FACEBOOK

Here’s a tip if you are going to Florida – sorry for the long post :-D

In Florida you sometimes pay tolls and if you rent a car you can end up saving money. Car rentals can charge quite a bit for taking care of this for you when the toll charge is sent to them.

When you pass the toll places then either a picture is taken of the license plate or they register a transponder (which some cars have installed) so when you pass a toll place the information is forwarded to the car rental so they can charge you. Check with them how much it will cost you for this service!

The company I rented from charged me 10 USD a day for this, didn’t matter if I one day didn’t even drive anywhere and if I didn’t want that then they were gonna charge me 5 USD plus the toll charge every time I passed a toll place.

Of course the car rentals don’t tell you about this but in Publix (supermarket) or CVS Pharmacy you can buy a little sticker with a bar code on it, it costs approx.. 5,30 USD and you place it in the car where it is visible. Then you call Sunpass and set up an account with them as a tourist, that account is valid for the time you are on holiday and for that particular car you are driving. Then you download the Sunpass app and you manage the account youself and put money on it when/if it’s needed - it is really easy. This little trick saved me 100 USD in the 11 days I rented the car 😊

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:

SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

Stacy Garcia is the webmaster and keeps these lists current BUT ONLY WITH YOUR HELP.  Please make changes/corrections/additions using these forms:

TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal

https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.

Carol Craven

Allen beantwoorden