World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 4/27 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

Carol Craven

Apr 27, 2018, 9:46:00 AM4/27/18
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Friday 4/27

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.

Do you want to scan the newsletter faster?  I always put the word, SUBJECT, before each post.  Just do a search for that word and you can skip from topic to topic quickly and read what you are interested in reading.

*********************************

 NOTE FROM ME:  It looks like everyone is having a great time at the Spring Break with Steve Lescarbeau and also at the brand new Texas event.    Hope I will get some good reviews about the weekend and what dances you liked!  We can’t all go, you know!

I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT if some of you who NEVER vote would vote this week.  It is so easy.  Just list 8 dances you like, one under the other and email it to me at tka...@aol.com.  I would especially like some of you intermediate-adv dancers who very rarely vote, to send in your votes since people say your choices aren’t reflected on the survey (I don’t really agree with that) but people think that, so let’s get YOUR selections in and see how the results come out.   If you would keep your list by forwarding the email to yourself at the same time you send it to me, then next week you could edit your list to add or delete your new favorites and become a REGULAR voter.  Thanks for your help.  Carol

******************************

 Subject:               2018 FLORIDA WORKSHOP TOUR

From:    dancew...@nuline.comcastbiz.net

 Hello Everyone,

 It’s been more than 3 years since I did a Florida Tour.  I have been invited back to Orlando to give a Line Dance Workshop (see flyer attached) on Friday, October 5, 2018.  For the past 5 years, I have always reserved the month of October for my California Workshop Tour.  I am taking a break this year and instead decided to do a Tour right here in my home state of Florida !!

 I am available to do weekends or weekday workshops from October 6th – 31st.  If anyone is interested in organizing a workshop in their area, please contact me as soon as possible at:  dancew...@comcast.net or call at: 561.901.1200.  I am back from my 2018 European Workshop Tour on October 1st with a new program of dances from Beginner to Low Intermediate levels.

 Looking forward to hearing from you,

 Regards,

 Ira

*****************************

Subject: NTA DANCE TIP - Step Turns (aka Pivot/Chase/Break Turn)
From:  Debra Cleckler – NTA Dance Committee –
de...@cleckler.com

Lately I am seeing some “variations” in the pattern “Step Turn” (Pivot Turn).  It seems that some dancers hear “step turn” and they are doing  “turn step”.  This leaves them turning too early and ahead of the other dancers.  Try the instructions below to be sure you are doing it correctly.  You should “step-turn-step”.  Think of “prep, turn, finish”.

A two count (two weight changes) inside half turn using 5th position* and CBM** (Contra Body Movement) (prep).  Think of a turning 5th position rock step.

1    Step forward left in slightly open 5th position* (with CBM Prep)**
&   Turn ½ turn right
2    Replace weight to forward foot (right foot in this example) (using a CBM Finish)

*Fifth Position:  Toes of the back foot to the heel of the front foot, both feet turned slightly out to the diagonal.
Used in rock steps, break steps, and cross (behind and in front) steps.  Also used for preps and finishes for most turns.

**CBM (Contra Body Movement):  Used in preps and finishes for turns.  The action of moving the opposite hip and shoulder toward the working foot, creating torque for turning.

Note:  When done as a ¼ inside turn it is called a Military Turn.

 ********************************

  From:  Norma, Brooksville FL, nerb...@tampabay.rr.com

Subject:  Line Dance Lessons @ Brookridge

4/24/18 Int Class,Tuesday, 10:30-12:30 PM @ $6

Day of the Dead  Dan Albro   NEW

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWM44q8pS-4

Havana Cha  Ria Vos  NEW

    https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/havana-cha-ID120787.aspx

Doing the Walk  Verdonk, Grootel, Camps

    https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/doing-the-walk-ID124073.aspx

Perfect  Johnstone and Talbot

    https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/perfect-ID116839.aspx

Chill Factor  Whitaker and Westhead

    https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/chill-factor-ID60116.aspx

Quarter after one  Levi Hubbard

    https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/quarter-after-one-ID79245.aspx

All Katchi,  All Night Long  Kerry Maus

    https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/all-katchi-all-night-long-ID120210.aspx

If I Told You  Gloria Stone

https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/if-i-told-you-ID112788.aspx

The Dances Below can be found with using Choreo’s Name!

4/26/18 Thurs., Beg Class 9:00-10:00 AM @ $3

Duchess Choreo / unknown

Are You Missing Me? / Ron Bloz

Soldier Boy Stroll /  Rosie Multari

Got a Hole In My Pocket / Rosie Multari & Jo Thompson Sysmanski

Sweet Caroline /

 4/26/18 Thurs.,High Beg-Improver Class 10:15-11:15 @ $3

I Won’t Back Down / Rachael McEnerney

Havana Cha / Ria Vos

Blue Night Cha / Kim Ray

Got a Hole In My Pocket / Rosie Multari & Jo Thompson Sysmanski

Sweet Caroline / Darren bailey

We are an open Community, so all who would like an additional day of

learning that lots of us are doing, please come join us!  Any questions

about our Line Dance Program, send me an e-mail or call me @

(352) 397-6088.  I’d love to hear from you!...........Norma

          *Pray For Our Military*God Bless America*

 ********************************

SUBJECT:  SHOE SALE and dance supplies

www.discountdancesupply.com

*********************************

Subject:  2018 BAHAMAS LINE DANCE CRUISE SENSATION !!

From:      Ira Weisburd (dancew...@comcast.net)

A Line Dance Cruise Sensation is the perfect antidote to help get through the next cold winter.  Come sail w/ Rosie Multari, Ray Sarlemijn & Ira Weisburd and rejuvenate on the newly revitalized Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas as we cruise to the Bahamas for 5 glorious days and 4 nights of dancing, complimentary cocktail parties, dining & world-class entertainment.  There is nothing quite like a line dance cruise and no one does it better than Advantage Cruises & Tours !!

We are excited to announce that an additional 43 bookings were made since last Friday.  The $50.00 off promotion is about to end on Monday !!  After April 30th, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to take advantage of that savings !!  Remember, you can only lock that price in if you make that call NOW to Advantage Cruises & Tours at 1.866.824.1613.  The $100.00 deposit is Fully Refundable up until Final Payment date which is August 15th !!   If you wait, you could lose that $50.00 and perhaps even more if the price for the cabin goes up once we sell this first block of cabins.  The only way you can lock in these prices is to book your cabin before the deadline.

Check out our Facebook Event Pagehttps://www.facebook.com/events/204681120289578/  We even have a Pre-Cruise Option.   See Flyers Below.

*************************************

SUBJECT: CHOREOGRAPHY STEP CHANGES

FROM: Lisa McCammon

This is a belated comment on Peter Blaskowski's recent post about step changes in a dance: I agree one hundred percent. Choreographers are starting from scratch, so there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for getting to the end of a dance then saying "Oh, I forgot that the tag comes here and we're on the wrong foot; oh well--I'll just make the dancers to X instead." Today I came across a nice dance to a good piece of music, but noticed one of those "oopsie" tags that required a step change before restarting. Is it do-able? Yes. Will I do it? NO! The dance went into the REJECT pile instead of the TO DO pile, as will all other badly choreographed dances like it. Certainly there are plenty of others from which to choose.

* * * * *

Subject:           FloriDANCE 2018 Posting

From:   flori...@yahoo.com

Join us for our 7th Annual FloriDANCE Line Dance Workshop!

This year we are featuring
Jonno Liberman from CA
Brandon Zahorsky from NY
Will Craig from NC
and DJ JP Potter from NC

The Ballroom of Ormond Beach has recently changed their name to Club 1250.

They provide our dancers with,
2,800sqft of competition grade dance floor
Professional sound and lighting
Ample lighted parking areas
and now a full liquor bar!

The Friday evening dance will have the ballroom transformed into a "Speakeasy" dance party! This is included in your weekend registration!

Saturday night is our "All that Glitters" Ball! Think Gatsby and 1920's glamour! Wear anything that sparkles and you should fit right in!
Saturday Workshops will feature hourly workshops by our guest instructors and catered lunch!

Registration Fees
Group: $60.00 *10+ registrations/payments by 05-01-2018
Early: $65.00 *Single registration turned in by 05-01-2018
Regular: $75.00 *All registrations after 05-01-2018

Registration includes: Friday evening dance party, saturday workshop, step sheets, catered lunch, Saturday evening dance party, and MORE!

Catered lunch is provided by Dustin's BBQ
Pulled Pork
Mac & Cheese
Green Beans
Dinner Roll
Sweet Tea, Iced Tea, & Lemonade
Side Salad
and Dessert.

HOTEL INFO
Sleep Inn of Ormond Beach
170 Williamson Blvd.
Ormond Beach, FL
386-673-6030
$89.00+tax (Must mention FloriDANCE)

Click this link to register online!
https://squareup.com/
store/floridance-productions
*Sorry groups, you must register through mail.

Stay tuned for complete info on hotel and catering as we finalize those details in the coming weeks!

*This email has been approved to be answered by Jerry Lee Miller in regards to any matters relating to FloriDANCE Line Dance Workshop 2018.

Patrick Fleming
FloriDANCE Director
Jerry Miller
Head of Registration

Flori...@yahoo.com
321-507-8498

FloriDANCE Line Dance Workshop 2018
Saturday June 9th, 2018
The Ballroom of Ormond Beach

Instructors:
Brandon Zahorsky

Jonno Liberman
Will Craig
DJ JP Potter

 https://squareup.com/store/floridance-productions

*********************************

SUBJECT:  HOEDOWN THROWDOWN FUNDRAISER ON MAY 24TH, BOSTON

By way of introduction, I'm Dawn Carvalho, the assistant to the Executive Director of Lucy's Love Bus, Beecher Grogan. The mission of Lucy’s Love Bus™ is to deliver comfort and quality of life to pediatric cancer patients by providing funds for free integrative therapies, and to engage young people in activism and philanthropy through our Lucy's KidCorps™ program.

I'm writing to you today because Lucy's Love Bus is having a Hoedown Throwdown fundraiser on May 24th at the Hard Rock Cafe in Boston. Zeke from Alamada Events suggested we send this information to you to be added to your newsletter. I'm including both our event poster and url for the event.

If you have any further questions or need anything else please let me know.

Warmest regards,

Dawn

http://lucyslovebus.org/news-events/event/2018/05/24/love-bus-hoedown-throwdown/195459

--

Dawn Carvalho

Executive Assistant

Lucy's Love Bus

Delivering Comfort... Until A Cure.

www.LucysLoveBus.org

A 501(c)3 non-profit organization, Tax ID #20-4036256.

Become a monthly sustainer and help fuel Lucy's Love Bus all year long by joining Lucy's LoveCorps™ today!

Direct line (978) 429-5833

Fax (857) 277-1807

PO Box 464 | Amesbury, MA 01913 [Mailing Address]

21 Water Street, Suite 302 | Amesbury, MA 01913 [Main Office]

89 South Street, Suite LL02 | Boston, MA 02111 [Boston Office]