World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 5/2 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

May 2, 2017, 11:18:06 AM5/2/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Tuesday 5/2  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

SUBJECT: 2017 & 2018 World Event Calendar updated

FROM: Stacy J Garcia,

stacy...@gmail.com, www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR UPCOMING EVENT(S)

Please fill out information below and email me, Stacy J Garcia: Stacy...@gmail.com

PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN THE BODY OF THE E-MAIL:

CHOOSE ONE: (Add, Remove, Change)

DATE OF EVENT: (Month, Day, Year)

NAME OF EVENT:

LOCATION OF EVENT: (Country, Province, State, City)

WEBSITE (no facebook link allowed. sorry): http://

CONTACT: Email OR Phone

TYPE OF EVENT: (LD, SW, CW, PP, SOUL)

AFFILIATED ORGANIZATION: (UCWDC, ACWDA, USLDCC)

Stacy J Garcia

stacy...@gmail.com

World Line Dance Newsletter Website

www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

https://www.facebook.com/stacy.j.garcia

*************************

Ohio Summer Dance Classic

JUNE 10, 2017

Hello Line Dancers,

We are only 6 weeks away from this year’s Ohio Summer Dance Classic line dance workshop at Walsh University in North Canton, Ohio. Do not delay, get your registration in today.

Joining me will be our “Featured Instructors” are Michael Barr from California and Michael Diven from Pennsylvania. Our “Guest Instructors” include; Tina Foster from Cleveland and Donnie Allen from West Virginia.

This one-day line dance workshop begins at 10:00 in the morning, and runs until 5:00 pm. Dances taught will range from Beginner to Intermediate level. There will be something for every level of dancer. We also have an Evening Dance Party with our DJ Michael Diven from 7:00 pm until 10:30pm, which is included with your registration.

Early registration for the full day (including the evening dance) is $35.00. You may print out a registration form at my web site www.franktrace.com

Workshop Highlights: Learn New Line Dances (all levels), enjoy Open Dancing between lessons, Shop our various vendors including John Robinson’s J-Mart & Sansha Dance Shoes, participate in our 50/50 Raffle, Evening Dance Party and receive a Complementary Souvenir “Hand Fan”.

There will be a lunch break at 12:30 pm where you may bring your lunch or visit close by restaurants. We will also have a self-host dinner break where you may visit area restaurants.

Host Hotel for our out of town guests (or anyone wishing to stay closer to our event) will once again be the La Quinta Inn & Suites (5335 Broadmoor St., Canton, Ohio 44709) in the Belden Village shopping area. We have a very special rate of only $84.00 for a standard room, which includes breakfast. You must make your reservations before May 20th and mention the “Ohio Summer Dance Classic with Frank Trace” to receive your discounted room rate. Room availability is limited, so book your room today. Phone 330-492-0151

Pass this information on to your dance friends. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Warm Regards,

Frank Trace

frank...@gmail.com

www.franktrace.com

 ****************************

*********************************

Subject: Palm Springs Winter Break 2018

From: Michael & Michele

 January 25 – 28 2018

Come to the desert and feel the warmth of January!!!

Our wonderful instructors:

Darren Bailey ~ Amy Glass ~ Michael Barr ~ Michele Burton ~ Paul & Karla Dornstedt's ~ Ruben Luna ~ Anna Marie Prach ~ Introducing Christopher Gonzalez

And featuring, direct of the OC, Lou Ann Schemmel

JP Potter - DJ

Dates: January 25-28, 2018

Place: Pam Springs California

Venue: The Pavilion, 401 S. Pavilion Way, Palm Springs, CA

Hotel: Baymont Inn and Suites, Palm Springs, CA (ask for PS2018 room block)

It all will kick off with a welcome dance on Thursday evening, January 25th.

The workshops will then start on Friday morning the 26th and run all day, with an evening dance after a good dinner break. This will all repeat on Saturday 27th.

Both days are geared to the improver to high intermediate dancers.

Sunday will see a program geared to levels from improver to ez-intermediate. This has become a tradition for a number of years now to just ease it up a little for the day, which has seen a great influx of dancers enjoying this relaxed day.

Then from 4pm to 6pm there will be a dance for those who are staying over or live close to Palm Springs.

Palm Springs is a great destination for not only line dancing but for so much more. The area is a great place for all kinds of shops, restaurants and did we mention the SUN is usually shining!!! The hiking nearby is wonderful allowing for a true desert experience whether a drive to Joshua Tree or a local hike up into Indian Canyons. Head over to the Thursday night street fare before the dance and see some wonderful local crafts and artwork.

We are very excited to be preparing for this event. We are especially happy that Darren Bailey will be returning to the US to share his talents, which are truly wonderful and professional. Welcome back Darren!!!

Online Registration / Flyer / Mail In Registration / Hotel Information (download)

http://www.michaelandmichele.com/p-s-winter-break

Come visit our site and get all the information:

www.michaelandmichele.com

See you on the dance floor soon,

Michael & Michele

michael...@gmail.com

mbur...@gmail.com

Wild Wild West

Sept. 3 & 4, 2017

Newark, CA

www.michaelandmichele.com

Palm Springs Winter Break

January 25-28, 2018

www.michaelandmichele.com

Boogie Til The Cows Come Home

March 24, 2018

Corning, Ca

www.michaelandmichele.com

Upcoming Events: 2017

Dancing For The Dream April 27th, Rocklin, CA

M&M Workshop w/ Norm Gifford, April 30th, Rancho Cordova, CA

Richardson Jamboree, April 21-22, Richardson Tx

Smoky Mountain Shindig, May 19-21, Pigeon Forge Tn

Schedule Link for Event Calendar:

http://www.michaelandmichele.com/event-schedule-1

--

Take care,

Michael

Note: please use my new email

michael...@gmail.com

Boogie Til The Cows Come Home

March 18, 2017

Upcoming Events:

Big “D” Bash, Feb. 16-19, Dallas TX

Bootscooters Camp, Feb. 23-26, Myrtle Beach SC

Richardson Jamboree, April 21-22, Richardson Tx

Smoky Mountain Shindig, May 19-21, Pigeon Forge Tn

Schedule Link for Event Calendar:

http://www.michaelandmichele.com/event-schedule-1

***********************************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas

Park May 2nd  TOINGHT

          Oh my goodness it is almost May and we are feeling the heat!

It is truly

    amazing how fast the time is going!

    We have some great dances from The Dance Experience and some are

listed in New dance Request. We are also changing some of the dances listed

but again this is never our final list.

    Thank you all for all your support and making our Tuesday night feel

like family getting together and having fun! We really have a great time,

relaxed, being silly and doing whatever we want to do! We are so blessed to

have such great friends,  many for too many years to count!

Teaches:

Run Me Like A River by Jo & John K., Guillame Richard, Roy Verdonk, & Jef

Camps taught by Carol

Clap Clap Clap by Amy G taught by Liz

1st Time Review

Wants and Needs by Darren & Kevin F taught by Cheryl

2nd Time review

Whistle While You Work by Jo & John K, Ruben L, Rebecca Lee & Phillip S

taught by Joan

3rd Time Reviews

L.O.V.E. by Darren B taught by Lynda

Our Class is a nonprofit class where anyone that wants to teach but we are

all just there to dance!

Thanks for all you support we continue to get class after class and year

after year!

Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00 until 10:00

Studio Location:

The Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Av.

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole bpo...@tampabay.rr.com  7274398819

Carol Craven tka...@aol.com  8134179800

***********************************

SUBJECT:  VIDEO OF THE WEEK (COUPLES)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6LYN4W_vVk

--

Vivian

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov

[LDUK] The Spring Workshop 2017, Toronto, Canada

lineda...@hotmail.com

Hi everyone:

My house feels very quiet now that Roy Verdonk and Guillaume Richard have left!   They did a fantastic job of teaching at 'The Spring Workshop' to a record number of 280 dancers.

They taught an excellent mix of dances as follows:

Roy: Sepanjang Jalen, The Ghost of You, Clown

Guillaume: Bollywood, Honest, Run Me Like A River

Event Dance written by myself, Roy, Guillaume, and Fred:

Numero Una  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/numero-una-ID118005.aspx

Roy's dances filled the floor, in particular 'Blue Ain't Your Color' and 'Take Me To The River'. Dancers also packed the floor for Guilaume's 'So Just Dance, Dance, Dance' and 'The Queen', but there were many more of both these choreographers' dances on the play list by request.  (Anyone interested will find the play list on the website and facebook page.) The dancers were thrilled to share the floor with these talented choreographers and instructors.

Highlights of the evening were performances by our two stars. Roy's ad hoc funky and humorous routine was thoroughly enjoyed by the dancers. It was followed by Guillaume's breathtaking championship performance that was acknowledged by cheers at the end. Thanks so very much to them both for coming so far to join us and for their non-stop energy and good fellowship. They definitely have added a Toronto chapter to their fan clubs!

Happy dancin'!

Vivienne Scott

www.thespringworkshop.com

www.viviennescott.net

Note: Generous dancers raised $800 in the Raffle. $550 has gone to the Toronto Hospital for Sick Children and $250 will go to the Line Dance Foundation.

*******************************

SUBJECT:  NOTE FROM JOEY WARREN

The step sheet for Straight to the Castle is now up and posted on copperknob.co.uk

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/straight-to-the-castle-ID117958.aspx

******************************

Taint Nuttin' To It, Line Dance Event Report- Cindy Hady

chady...@gmail.com

Taint Nuttin' To It (TNT) 2017 Line Dance Workshop- Pigeon Forge, TN -April 27-29

What a great time! I wanted to share all the terrific dances taught at this years event. It's going to be difficult to decide what not to teach! Thank you, fellow Instructors for all the great dance choices and all the talented choreographers. I had a blast!

Special Thanks to, Tommy & Lynn Bailey. Another successful, fun-filled event! What an honor to be a part of your talented Team. Already looking forward to the next!

Cheers,

Cindy Hady, Instructor Asheville & Black Mountain, NC

TNT 2017 Dances

Instructor, Cindy Hady

A Summer Song- Beginner- Cindy Hady http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/a-summer-song-ID115013.aspx

Comes A Time - Beginner- Cindy Hady- http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/comes-a-time-beg-ID115983.aspx

You Got Me Thinking- Cindy Hady – High Beginner (bonus teach) - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/you-got-me-thinking-ID114648.aspx

In Your Suitcase – Improver - Raymond Sarlemin and Niels Poulsen - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/in-your-suitcase-ID115908.aspx

Yeah!– Improver - Michael Barr- http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/yeah-ID116040.aspx

Love Remains – High Intermediate – Gary O'Reilly - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/love-remains-ID116055.aspx

Instructor, Jeanette Bowen

Blessed – Intermediate - Jackie Miranda – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/blessed-ID111530.aspx

Bored – Beginner - Ria Vos – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/bored-ID115108.aspx

East To West 17 – Improver - Aliston Johnston and Simon Ward - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/east-to-west-17-ID115821.aspx

Lucky Lucky Country - Beginner Contra- Aliston Johnston - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/lucky-lucky-country-ID115534.aspx

Midnight Walk –Easy Beginner- Frank Trace – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/midnight-walk-ID113438.aspx

Galway Gathering - Absolute Beginner– Maggie Gallagher and Gary O'Reilly - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-galway-gathering-ID102442.aspx

Instructor, Larry Bass

Back On Her Feet -Improver – Larry Bass - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/back-on-her-feet-ID115521.aspx

Drop Dead Gorgeous – High Improver– Neville Fitzgerald and Julie Harris - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/drop-dead-gorgeous-ID116158.aspx

Going Ape – Improver – Sue Ann Ehmann and Larry Bass - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/going-ape-ID117217.aspx

I Got Love – Low Intermediate - Larry Bass –http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/i-got-love-ID117946.aspx

Rock & Roll Lullaby - Improver– Larry Bass – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/rock--roll-lullaby-ID115813.aspx

Run Me Like A River – Lower Advanced- J. & J Kisner, G. Richard, R.Verdonk, J. Camps – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/run-me-like-a-river-ID117290.aspx

Instructor, Leslie Thompson

A Country High – Low Intermediate - Norman Gifford – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/a-country-high-ID109751.aspx

A Little Less Traveled –Beginner - Lynn Card – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/a-little-less-traveled-ID115999.aspx

Damn Drunk – Beginner -Teri Rogers – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/damn-drunk-ID114900.aspx

Fire & Lightning – Beginner - Lisa M Johns-Gross – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/fire--lightning-ID113901.aspx

Flying Solo – Beginner - Audrey Watson – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/flying-solo-ID117227.aspx

The Fighter Easy – Beginner - Lene Mainz Pederson – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-fighter--easy-ID111222.aspx

Instructor, Linda Hall

I Can't Stand The Rain A Bit – Absolute Beginner -Susanne Oates – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/cant-stand-the-rain-a-bit-ID116622.aspx

Clapeezy –High Beginner - Forty Arroyo – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/clapeezy-ID113818.aspx

Stomp Like Hell – Beginner -Pat Esper – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/stomp-like-hell-ID117107.aspx

Instructor, Tommy Bailey

1159 – Beginner -Rachael McEnaney-White – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/1159-ID117646.aspx

12 Step Love – Improver -Sue Ann Ehmann- http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/12-step-love-ID115764.aspx

Down To The Wire – Easy Intermediate - Julia Wetzel – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/down-to-the-wire-ID103455.aspx

The Shape Of You – Intermediate - Trevor Thorton and Branden Swift - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-shape-of-you-ID116364.aspx

Whistle While You Work It – Intermediate - J & J Kisner, R. Luna, R. Lee, P. Sobrielo - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/whistle-while-you-work-it-ID117114.aspx

****************************

Subject: Dance Xperience New Orleans

From: Jamie Leick, Naples (tom_jamieleick@ yahoo.com)

Xperience New Orleans 2017

What an amazing trip! We went a day early so we were able to spend two days touring and exploring the New Orleans area. Day 1 was downtown... Cafe du Monde (beignets, of course!) and riding the Hop On/Hop Off bus getting the tour and stopping off at the Garden District and Lafayette Cemetery. In the evening we went to Lafayette Square for the concert in the park and then strolled the downtown area.

On Day 2 we went to the Whitney Plantation. Such stories and history! If given the opportunity, I would highly recommend it!

But, enough of the touristy stuff! Time for the DANCE stuff!

I skipped a total of three classes. 2 because I'm lucky enough to live in Florida and get to attend Rachael's workshops on a regular basis so I didn't

have to take Let It Out and She Used To Be Mine. The other, unfortunately, was Fred's waltz offered as the very last teach of the very last day. Sorry, Fred! Just COULD NOT do one more step or think about one more move! (But, I did record it so I can "take the teach" later!)

I took every other teach offered and what a fantastic offering it was!

Simon Ward taught Fooling Around, Lady In Red, and Time To Surrender. My absolute favorite of Simon's was the waltz! But they were ALL great dances and we're already dancing Lady In Red in a couple of the classes I attend!

Ria Vos (my first time meeting Ria!) taught Refund To My Heart, When The Music Hits, and Taking Care Of You. My absolute favorite was Taking Care Of You - and it ended up being my MOST FAVORITE of the entire event! But ALL of Ria's were great and I expect to be teaching them all!

Niels Poulsen taught Now & Later, I Am Your Man, and With The Lights On. I think I Am Your Man was my favorite of his teaches - but they were all good.

Fred Whitehouse taught Like A Cowboy (great dance for country music lovers!), The Boogie, and You're My Remedy. The Boogie was my favorite of Fred's - and was my all-event favorite until Ria taught hers! I even got air under my feet with that hitch when we danced it at night! Super fun!

Joey Warren taught Pins & Needles, Thinkin' & Drivin', and Straight To The Castle. Straight To The Castle is an super awesome dance! And I liked the other two, as well! I am really excited that Joey gets to teach the Castle dance again at his Florida workshop with Gary O'Reilly in a couple weeks - I definitely need some fine-tuning on it!!!

Rachael McEnaney-White taught Let It Out and She Used To Be Mine (which I had learned already so those were great breaks for me!) and Kissing Strangers - which, in typical Rachael style, will be another great dance! Very fun! And now, in addition to "Joey fast" to describe a dance, we have the "Simon Walk" to describe a step! Always good to add new terminology to the dance vocab!

Dave (and Kelly) kept the music going day and night and there was a nice mix of current and past favorites being played all the time!

A big shout out to Diane and Sandy for all their hard work in putting this whole thing together! There is so much work that goes into planning events like this and the work doesn't stop once we get there - it doesn't even stop when it's over! My thanks to them for all they do!

The hotel was quite nice - great rooms, good food and service, attentive housekeeping, friendly staff! And the ballroom - while FREEZING when you first go in - was kept at a great temperature for dancing! So nice to not be glistening all the time!

I began writing this on the plane on the return trip home (since it was the first opportunity I'd had to do so!), but couldn't get back to finish it until now since I went immediately to the US Open Pickleball Championships and spent my life at the pickleball courts for the last week!

I would have to say that all in all, it was a great week away! And - I've already done my registration for 2018, so I can do it all again next year!

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven