World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 6/28 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Jun 28, 2017, 9:00:09 AM6/28/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

Wednesday 6/28

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

PLEASE REMEMBER to share your events, reports, information that you are posting on social media with me so that the people who don't participate in social media can be in the loop. I know we think everyone is on social media but they just aren't and have no interest in joining.  Just send a copy to me at tka...@aol.com with the heading:

SUBJECT:  (Who, What, When, Where?)

FROM:  A contact email so people can contact you for more info.

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

****************************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas

Park June 27th  Last Night.  NO CLASS NEXT TUESDAY, JULY 4TH

We had a fun class last night.   Here is the playlist and the ones we reviewed are below with sheets and videos:  Diane was our DJ for our review week and you can see she kept us dancing.  Joan taught a new one, The Ghost of You, an interesting Tango-style dance.  Thanks, everyone, for such wonderful teaches and reviews.   We are going to be closer to being prepared for FITS thanks to everyone's help.

Nancy Mulligan

Break On Me

Blue Ain't Your Color

Better When I'm Dancing

Extreme Dancing

Oops Baby

Beautiful In My Eyes

Blessed

Gypsy Queen

7:00 Shape Of You...Rev. Melanie

7:15 The Ghost of You..Teach..Joan

The Ghost of You

Ain't  Misbehavin

6:46 Nancy Mulligan..Rev..Ann

Take me To the River

7:00 Champagne Promise..Rev...Liz

American Kids

7:05 Slowly, Gently, Softly Rev. Sheri

Slowly, Gently, Softly

Lay Low

Let It Out

7:30 Clap Snap Rev..Sheri

Shady

Lady In Red

Italiano

Tick Tick Boom

TEACH:

The Ghost Of You by Verdonk & Holtland taught by Joan

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-ghost-of-you-ID117031.aspx

Reviews:

 1ST Time Review

Clap Snap / Philip Sobrielo & Rebecca Lee / Intermediate taught by Lynda

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/clap-snap-ID118154.aspx

2nd Time Review

Champagne Promise by Tina Argyle taught by Liz

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/champagne-promise-ID117305.aspx

Slowly Softly Gently by Gary O'Reilly.   Taught by Sheri

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/slowly-gently-softly-sgs-ID118447.aspx

3rd Time Reviews

Nancy Mulligan by Maggie G. and Gary O taught by Ann

Shape of You by Trevor & Branden taught by Melanie

Our Class is a nonprofit class where anyone that wants to teach but we are

all just there to dance!

Thanks for all you support we continue to get class after class and year

after year!

Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00 until 10:00

Studio Location:

The Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Av.

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole bpo...@tampabay.rr.com

Carol Craven tka...@aol.com

***************************

         SUBJECT: Intermediate Line dance class – Tampa, Florida.  Wednesdays at 7pm to 8:55pm

FROM: Lynda Licht (lyndali...@gmail.com) Facebook page:  Line Dance with Lynda

Wednesday from 7pm-8:55pm ROY HAYNES Hillsborough County Rec Center - 1902 S Village Ave, Tampa, FL 33612 (813) 903-3480 (just 3 lights west off Fletcher Ave exit on I-275, turn left onto Rome). Cost $ 4.

For Wednesday 6/28/17 - an ambitious playlist for teaches & reviews.  :-)

New Teach(s) - Dances from last Sunday's social: Taking Care of You (Vos), Tick Tick Boom (Rushton, Madge, Johnson), & Straight to the Castle (Warren)

2nd review:  Happily Ever After (Glover)

3rd review: Slowly, Gently, Softly (O'Reilly)

1 wall Reviews: Thinkin' & Drivin' (Warren),

Also some open dancing.   I try to arrive by 6:45 to get in a few warm-ups/requests before official class start time.

Please join us!

*****************************

Subject:  NTA Accreditation Dance Camp at Dancin’ Up a Storm in August 2017

From:  Debra Cleckler – NTA Dance Committee and Zone Director – de...@cleckler.com

Mark your calendars for August 10-13, 2017 for the great “Dancin’ Up a Storm” fundraiser workshop at the fabulous Hilton Airport Hotel in Kansas City MO.  NTA classes will be offered in the mornings and throughout the day of all three days!  Contact one of the NTA Dance Committee for more information or to make testing arrangements.  All Dance Fundamentals levels are available as well as some of the School Figures levels.

Join the fun party at DUAS for lots of great line dance, patterned partner and couples’ workshops featuring famous dance teachers.

This event is a great opportunity to combine a weekend of fun along with your NTA training.  You won’t miss out on a thing!

Event directors are Karen Hedges and John Robinson.  Contact Karen at 816-728-3750.  For registration form go to www.dancinupastorm.com.  For more information on NTA levels contact Debra at email above.

Debra Cleckler – Accredited Dance Teacher, Choreographer, Dance Team Leader

NTA: Dance Committee, Zone S & AC Director, Director of Promotions and Advertising

NTA- International personal trainer & coach program for dancers, incorporating many styles of dance.

Villa Rica Dance Classes:  Mondays – Line Dance, Tuesdays - Couples

779 Elliott Rd, Temple, GA 30179

770-456-6244 Home Phone, 404-398-2150 Cell

Web Site http://www.cleckler.com/

LIVE for God, LOVE one another, LAUGH to bring good health & DANCE as if there is no tomorrow!

"To everything there is a season, and a time to dance..". Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

“We don’t quit dancing because we grow old, we grow old when we quit dancing!”

***********************************

SUBJECT:  CELEBRATE DANCE! in Toronto 2017

FROM:  Vivienne Scott     www.celebratedance.ca

Hi everyone:

     Celebrate Dance is now over for another year and the dancers kept dancing right up until the final dance floor was taken up!!   Dancers had come from as far away as Australia, Japan and Taiwan to join dancers from the UK, Europe and the US as well as many Canadian dancers.  It was definitely a celebration of dance in our wonderful city of Toronto.

    Event Directors Judy McDonald and Tina Veliotis brought together a star studded list of instructors, Neville & Julie from the UK, Roy Hadisubroto from The Netherlands, Joey Warren, Jamie Marshall, Lorenzo Evans and Trevor Thornton from the US and Rhoda Lai and Vivienne Scott from Canada. Judy also taught taking some time out of her organizing duties. All the instructors worked hard but seemed to be enjoying themselves immensely at the same time! Interviews will be posted soon on the website and facebook page and you will be able to hear from them directly as to their impressions of the dancers (so welcoming and great dancers), the event itself (very friendly)!  Also full details and photos.

     CD! started Thursday evening with a welcome dance. DJ JP Potter was at the controls and did a very impressive job of mixing the dances up each night.  On the Friday and Saturday evenings dancers also had the option of popping along to DJ Lynn Warden’s room and hitting the dance floor there. Lynn is very popular and always approachable and willing to accommodate the dancers.

     Dance previews for Friday were at 9 and then again at 5 for the Saturday and Sunday dances. Workshops started at 10 on the Friday with the last workshop finishing at 2 on Sunday. With three classes and different levels to choose from the dancers were happy!! But aside from the workshops there was an hour of Open ‘Easy Warm-Up’ dancing with Eddie Chu on the Saturday morning and Zumba at 9 on the Sunday with Jamie. You could also try your hand at winning a free event pass at the raffle, or the 50/50 (one lucky dancer won $270!).

     Aside from the dancing, the Hotel was modern and comfortable with free wifi in the rooms as well as computer access in the lobby. It was a short shuttle ride from the airport so very convenient. Judy and Tina had arranged for a coffee and snacks station right beside the event halls and that was well received. The restaurant was excellent and gave the dancers a 15% discount. There were lots of other places to eat very close by for those dancers who preferred to go out.

     Lots of work goes on behind the scenes of events like these but this event has one MAJOR extra and that is … its own dance floors. Originally built and owned by Robert Mah, Judy now owns the floors. That means storage, arranging transportation to the Hotel, the laying down of the floors, picking up and then taking back to storage. It is a huge job and much appreciated by the dancers.

     Judy and Tina are already starting to plan for next year.   Don't forget to mark June 21-24 in your calendar and join us at Celebrate Dance! 2018.

Happy dancin'!

Vivienne

 *******************************

SUBJECT:  LEGENDS IN LINE BIO OF SIMON WARD

POSTED BY DAVE MORGAN

Here at Legends In Line we welcome Australia's one & only Simon Ward to the Norbreck in November.

One of the biggest names of Line Dance is Australian Simon Ward.

Simon was born in Wollongong, a town an hour away from Sydney. He spent his childhood in the little seaside resort of Kiama.

Today Simon is Bank Manager in the city of Sydney.

A regret of Simon's is that he never learnt 'how to dance'. Simon makes sure that he encourages younger dancers to get as many technique and style lessons as they can. As a youngster, Simon would attend school discos and tear up the floor!

As a favourite dance genre, Line dance came in much later and as for a lot of people totally by chance. It was one his friend's mother who asked Simon to attend a Line Dance Class. Simon was horrified! Did she know how cool HE was! However, he went along and suddenly found himself immersed in Line Dance.

At 18, Sion moved to Sydney. There he met Mark Simpkin and Tracie Lee who ran a club called The Southern Cross Linedancers. Mark and Tracie took Simon under their wing and taught him so much not only as a dancer, teacher and choreographer, but also as a person and becoming an adult.

Simon began to run his own classes under the Southern Cross banner. During this time he met Jo Thompson, Michael Barr, Neil Hale and Charlotte Skeeters. Simon realised watching these luminaries that teaching was exactly what he wanted to do. In 1998 Simon travelled to Perth to work along side Cindy Truelove who ran a company called The Texan Rebels. Simon got a lot more exposure through this successful club and it was this year that Simon had his first international hit with 'Titanic'.

The following year Simon received his first Crystal Boot nomination for that dance. There were more calls now for Simon to appear at events, more dance hits, more accolades and more travel!

As Simon was now being invited to events across the globe, he was being asked to teach his own material and had to start choreographing on a more regular basis. For Simon, the element of surprise of seeing his dances reach global success remains enormous. With dances like Larger Than Life, Rock This Party, Beautiful In My Eyes and All I Can Say his list seems endless.

Simon's role model was Violet May Ward. His nan. She was always there for Simon and supported and encouraged him through his teenage years.

Another big influence on Simon was Rachael McEnaney White. She is Simon's best friend who never judges him no matter what. On another level, Simon takes her skill, talent and knowledge seriously.

Simon's biggest achievement is about being able to do what he has been doing for the past 20 years now successfully. Multiple Award winner both at the CBA's and winning Australian Choreographer for many consecutive years.

For Simon, friendships and relationships are the most important things in the World. Line dance for him is all about that.

" We are all family in some weird way as when we are all together no matter where we are in the world we are all on the same path. That is to have fun and enjoy each others company. I will always support and represent Line dance, it has given me opportunities people only dream of and I know how lucky I really am. Support and cater for your audience, enjoy everything the industry has to offer and be open to evolving in it."

So come share in Simon's energy and fun in November!

FROM:  Deb Dodd shared her event.

DANCE VACATION! All Inclusive Resort in PUNTA CANA!

Join DATS Travel-Deb Dodd and TEAM of Dance Instructors for our next Travel Adventure! 7 Nights-ALL Jr Suites, RIU Palace Bavaro-Beach Front/5 Star property! Line and Partner Dance Music and Lessons! It's ALL INCLUDED- Meals, Drinks, Taxes, Tips, Airport Transfers, Dance Lessons, Private Dances...prices startng at $965 per person-WOW!! (Flight NOT included-Southwest is suggested)

Contact: DATS Travel 401 398 2377 debdodd...@aol.com

WEB LINK http://www.danceacrosstheseas.com/PUNTA_CANA.html

******************************

Gerard Murphy shared a Page.

June 24 at 3:46pm

Thinking about a line dance cruise? Join me in 2019 -- and help me celebrate 25 YEARS as a line dance instructor! It's an escorted vacation -- we work with CAA Travel to organize your flights, a pre-cruise hotel AND transfer to the pier, as group options. No worries! Non-dancers are welcome to reap the group benefits. Hit LIKE PAGE below to receive all the info as plans come together. And please SHARE this post on your timeline! Thanks! /Gerard Murphy

Dancin' on the Water 2019

Community · 75 Likes

Dancin' on the Water 2019's photo.

*************************************

SUBJECT:  ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

27 June  2017  Edition

www.atlantadanceweekly.com

***************************************

PLEASE send any future items to: atlantada...@gmail.com    THANKS

From:  Norma, Brooksville FL, nerb...@tampabay.rr.com

Subject:  Int. Line Dance Class, Brookridge

Brookridge Int Line Dance Class, 6/27/17, 11-1:00 PM @ $6

All review today; nothing new! We are an OPEN community, come

join us any Tuesday!!  (NO class July 4th) Fly your flag high!!

1.   Drift Away  Rob Fowler

2.   My Lonely Waltz  Pia Rossen

3.   10 Minute Walk  Simon Ward and Bracken Ellis

4.   If I Told You  Gloria Stone

5.   Empty pockets  Burton and Barr

6.   Whatchugot  Fitzgerald and Harris

7.   Central Standard Time  Dan Albro

8.   Work, Work  Rob Fowler and Darren Bailey

9.   Simple things  Gaye Teather

10. Drunken Dreams  Fred Whitehouse and Niels Poulsen

11. Funky Sole  Robbie McGowan Hickie and Karl - Harry Winston

12. Jesse James  Rachael McEneaney

Thanks for all the good thoughts about our daughter!  She is doing well and

I hope to get back next week.  Marilyn is scheduled to go home Wed. 6/28.

Haven’t heard anything else re: her knee situation.  Last time I spoke to Dave

(Sat.) it was feeling better, so that’s a good thing.  Give her a call; she’d love

to hear from you!  Send me an e-mail & I send it right back to you!.....Norma

~dance til you drop~   *GOD BLESS AMERICA*  *Fly Your Flag Proudly*

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven