World Line Dance Newsletter Saturday 7/1 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Jul 1, 2017, 10:07:09 AM7/1/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

SATURDAY 7/1

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

RE:   Hotlanta Line Dance Jam (Atlanta, GA) August 24-27, 2017

From:  JC Dance Productions Inc

Join us for the HOTLANTA Line Dance Jam!!!

August 24-27, 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia

Registration

Just one pass will admit you to ALL weekend activities including workshops and Thursday, Friday, & Saturday night dances.  Please register by July 10th to receive the discounted price.  Day and evening passes will be available onsite.

Instructors and DJ’s

Our instructors for the weekend will be:

  • Fred Whitehouse (Ireland)
  • Scott Blevins (IN)
  • Shane McKeever (Ireland)
  • Will Craig (NC)
  • John Robinson (IN)
  • Jamie Marshall (TN)
  • Larry Bass (FL)
  • Brandon Zahorsky (NY)
  • Trevor Thornton (FL)
  • Leslie Thompson (GA)
  • Scott Schrank (GA)
  • and the Winner of the USLDCC 2017 – Darcie DeAngelis

DJ’s for the weekend are:

  • Louis St. George (KY)
  • JP Potter (CA)
  • Kelly Cavallaro (FL)

Accommodations

The Hotlanta Line Dance Jam will be held at the Atlanta Airport Marriott, Atlanta, GA.  The Marriott is proud to offer you a special room rate of $119 per night.  The room block is good for 3 days before and after the event.   To book your room and/or for directions, please call 404-766-7900 or 800-228-9290.  Be sure to mention the HOTLANTA LINE DANCE JAM to receive the special room rate. *There is a discounted self-parking rate of $8.00 per day / Standard rates will apply to valet service* Click here to book your room online.

Travel Arrangements

For those traveling from out of state, please book flights into Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL).  The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport.

Saturday Dinner

The Marriott will be offering a delicious dinner that is included in the PREMIUM PASS and PREMIUM SATURDAY PASS.   **Pre-Registration is required by July 10th**

Thursday’s Kick Off Dance

Thursday night open dance party is FREE.   Dancing will start at 7:30.

USLDCC Choreography Competition

This is a USLDCC (United States Line Dance Choreography Championships) qualifying event. Please visit www.USLDCC.com for complete rules and how to qualify for the Championships scheduled for 2018.  Select your song, create your dance with some of your favorite steps, ask friends to join you, and give it a try!  Winners take home some really great prizes!

Click the link below for an event flyer:

2017 Hotlanta Flyer

To register with a credit card, please click here to go to our store.

=

*********************************

SUBJECT:  NEWS FLASH regarding Let's Dance Day

FROM:  Lindy (lindysda...@gmail.com)

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!   PLEASE HELP ME PASS THE WORD....   Turns out that our ballroom will not be ready for use till next Wed., July 5th.  This means that we will have to postpone LDD on July 1st (tomorrow) and have it the following Saturday instead!  So LDD will now be on July 8th!!  This will be good practice for Fun In The Sun the following weekend.  We will dance from noon to 4, as usual and the playlist is posted on my website.  www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com  There are also flyers on there with the dates for the rest of the year along with other good info.  Click along the top and then on the left side for further info.

We will have an 'after party' after the Fun In The Sun event, on Monday evening....same place as LDD, from 5:30 to 8:30, so if you are in town and can join us, please come dance with us Monday evening, July 17th too!!  Or any other Monday too for that matter!!!

I can hardly wait to dance on our brand new floor....it is going to be awesome!!

LET'S DANCE

Lindy

lindysda...@gmail.com

www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com

407-721-5106

***************************

Subject: June Bug Jamboree 2017

June Bug, held on June 29th was a great success with 130 central Florida line dancers gathering to kick the dust up, with our Country Western theme this year. I want to thank everyone for joining us, and especially our local instructors (Lindy Bowers, Toye Davis, Judy Brannon, Lois Bichler, Sharon Padgett, Viki Rose, Gail Smith, Linda Krecic, Nancy McDavid) that helped make the day so much fun. June Bug is an opportunity to learn new dances from local instructors, see class demo’s and enjoy lots of open dancing. I hope you can join us next year!

Brenda Burroughs

burro...@gmail.com

*********************************

SUBJECT:   Dances taught at Grrowler's (UK) week ending 01-Jul-2017

Beginners

Ah Si! (Rita Masur) - Levantandos Las Manos - El Simbolo

Backtrack (Coral & Ivan Burton) - Small Town Saturday Night - Hal Ketchum

County Line Cha Cha (Unknown) - Neon Moon - Brooks & Dunn

Cowboy Charleston (Jeanette Hall & Tonya Miller) - Dolores - Mavericks

Cowboy Charleston (Jeanette Hall & Tonya Miller) - Rompin' Stompin' - Scooter Lee

La Cucaracha (Unknown) - All You Ever Do Is Bring Me Down - Mavericks

Lindi Shuffle (Jane Smee) - You're Sixteen - Blue Bombay

Rita's Waltz (Jo Thompson) - Someone Must feel Like A Fool Tonight - Kenny Rogers

Stomping It Out (Silke C. Henke) - Setting The Woods On Fire - Tractors

Sunshine (Barbara Lowe) - A Brighter  Day - Helena Paparizou

Texas Stomp (Ruth Elias) - I'm From The Country - Tracy Byrd

The Lemon Tree (Kim Ray) - Lemon Tree - Fool's Garden

The Lemon Tree (Kim Ray) - Lemon Tree (Dance Remix) - DJ Mars

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Beginners / Improvers

Action (Darren Bailey) - Little Less Talk And A Lot More Action - Toby Keith

Heart Of An Angel (Willie Brown) - Heart Of An Angel - Modern Talking

Heartbreak Express (Peter Metelnick) - Carnival De Paris - Dario G

Heartbreak Express (Peter Metelnick) - Tonight The Heartache's On Me - Dixie Chicks)

Rock Around The Clock (Tony Chapman) - Amarillo Sky - McBride & The Ride

Rock Around The Clock (Tony Chapman) - Any Way The Wind Blows - Brother Phelps

Stomping It Out (Silke C Henke) - Settin' the Woods on Fire - Tractors

Swamp Thang (Max Perry) - Swamp Thang - The Grid

Swamp Thang (Max Perry) - Swamp Thang - The Grid & George Formby

Tush Push (Jim Ferrazzano) - Do You WantTo Make Something Of It - Jo Dee Messina

Tush Push (Jim Ferrazzano) - I Feel Lucky - Mary Chapin Carpenter

Wishful Thinking (Jim O'Neil) - Lovin' All Night - Rodney Crowell

Wishful Thinking (Jim O'Neil) - Shortenin' Bread - The Tractors

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Improvers

Angel On My Shoulder (Ryan King) - Angel On My Shoulder - Gary Perkins

Blessed (Jackie Miranda) - Blessed - Elton John

Bored (Ria Vos) -  Bored To Death - Eric Hutchinson

Chained To The Rhythm (Rarayanti Marwan) - Chained To The Rhythm - Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley

Cheap Thrills (Ann Kristin Sandberg) - Cheap Thrills - Sia

Heart Of An Angel (Willie Brown) - Heart Of An Angel - Modern Talking

Imelda's Way (Adrian Churm) - Inside Out - Imelda May vs. Blue J

Let It Swing (Jamie Barnfield ) - Let It Swing - Bobbysocks

Nancy Mulligan (Maggie G & Gary O'R) - Nancy Mulligan - Ed Sheeran

Tippy Tippy Toes (Jose BV & Co) - Tippy Toes - Robin Thicke

WhatchUGot (Nevi & Julie) - WhatchUGot - Caro Emerald

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Int / Adv

Dig Your Heels (Maddison Glover) Here's To You & I - The McClymonts

Funky Sole (RMH & KHW) - Old Time Rock & Roll - Bob Seger

Human Dancer (Alan Birchall) - Human - Killers

One Track Mind (Alan Birchall) - I'm A Freak - Enrique Iglesias

Rollin' With The Flow (GRR!) - Rollin' With The Flow - Mark Chesnutt

Scared Of The Dark (Daniel Whittaker) - Scared Of The Dark - Steps

Shut Up And Dance (P&A) - Shut Up And Dance - Walk the Moon

Slowly Gently Softly (Gary O'R) - Despacito - Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee

Somebody Like You (Alan Birchall) - Somebody Like You - Keith Urban

Work, Work (Rob Fowler & Darren Bailey) -  Go to Work - Cat Beach

For a full list of dances taught and danced socially at our classes over the recent months

Visit www.Grrowler.com

LUV & XXX's

John "Grrowler" Rowell - your dancin' DJ

Tel : +44(0)1723 - 364736

Email : Grro...@btinternet.com

Web: www.Grrowler.com

Facebook : John Grrowler Rowell

***************************************

SUBJECT:  LINE DANCE WORKSHOP & SOCIAL

FROM:  STELLA CABECA

Allowed on Timeline

This special event is for everyone to enjoy here locally and to welcome our dancers coming from all over the world to cruise with us . I hope my local Florida dancers will come and enjoy the day with us. Also can welcome and meet the cruisers coming to S Florida a few days earlier to attend this event . We will make sure you have FUN teaching and open dancing non stop . Everyone welcome — with Ira WeisburdLarry B Richards

"beæh
City of Pompano Beach, Florida is proud to present:
A Cpeciafßne Oance Worébop Social
9nsfwcbB
Ira Weisburd - Stella Cabeca - Frank Trace
Friday, February 23, 2018
1 pm -6 pm $25 at the door
Includes Snacks & Gmdies
Emma Lou Olson Civic Center Auditorium
1801 NE 6th st, Pompano Beach, FL 33060
For more information: 954.978.071 561.91-12m R

******************************

SUBJECT:  Let's Dance Day daytime social - Orlando

FROM:  Lindy (lindysda...@gmail.com)

Y'all come and bring your friends too....to LDD on Saturday, July 8th!  This will be good practice for Fun In The Sun the following weekend.  We will dance from noon to 4, as usual and the playlist is posted on my website.  www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com  There are also flyers on there with the dates for the rest of the year along with other good info.  Click along the top and then on the left side for further info.

We will have an 'after party' after the Fun In The Sun event, on Monday evening....same place as LDD, from 5:30 to 8:30, so if you are in town and can join us, please come dance with us Monday evening, July 17th too!!  Or any other Monday too for that matter!!!

I can hardly wait to dance on our brand new floor....it is going to be awesome!!

LET'S DANCE

Lindy

lindysda...@gmail.com

www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com

407-721-5106

********************************

SUBJECT:  DANCES THIS WEEK

FROM:  BIG DAVE

Two lovely smooth new ones this week - Awesome even :-) .............

Crazy Perfect Mess (Kate & Karl)  - Lady Antebellum - 32/4 Intermediate - A smooth 'Save The Day' style of dance - Awesome country too - A Top 10 hit for sure

Somebody Wants You (Niels & Co) - Enrique Iglesias - 40/2 Higher Intermediate - Classy cool steps & an awesome smooth pop track

Lots of great recaps too - Loving all these ...............

Easy - N&J's You Got Me & I Got You & Ria's Broken Cassette

Intermediate - Jose's Slow Hands, Gary's SGS, Maggie's Strip It Down/Love's Just A Feeling, N&J's Somebody Else's Heart & Karl's Attention

Harder - The Boogie

.......Need to get back to Like A Cowboy, Taking Care Of You, I Am Your Man, Thinkin' & Drivin; Tick Tick Boom, Throwback Love & others next week :-)

I was helping out at a friends class this week too which afforded me the opportunity to teach two great Beginner/Improver dances for the first time ................

Runaway Cha (Dee Musk) - The Searchers - 32/4 Beginners - Lots doing this catchy Cha & a hit teach for Hayley at Kingshill Liverpool last weekend - Another hit for Dee - This one a classic singalong too :-)

Every Time She Walks By (Heather Barton) - Adam Brand - 48/2 Improver - Loved this catchy upbeat Cha when I saw it a month ago & really pleased I got the opportunity to do it - Great dance :-)

Dave

*****Come & dance with us at one of our 2017 Xmas Party weekends - Our Alamo Blackpool Xmas Special 17th-19th November with Gary O'Reilly & JP Madge (A Xmas In Ireland) or our Let's Party Tynemouth 8th-10th December with Karl & Jamie - Or both !! :-)

=== Events : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/EventFlyersBookingForms.html

=== VIP's : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/JoinVIP.htm

===www.bigdavegastap.com

07868-424587 (Pauline/Booking Line)

Dave Baycroft

48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington Station, Northumberland, NE22 5YS

SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA ALL-BEGINNER LINE DANCE WORKSHOP, Danville, VA--October 28, 2017

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Come join instructors Sue Ann Ehmann & Bonnie Mathews and our dj, Mary Kaye Johnson, for a fun-filled day of learning new beginner dancers.  Our annual fall workshop is geared towards dancers who are already familiar with line dance steps and terminology.   We teach dances ranging from ultra beginner to high beginner levels and generally have one improver level dance for you as well.  If you are a beginner dancer or an instructor, we hope you will come spend your day with us.

Location is the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street, Danville, VA 24541.  Registration is from 9:30 to 10:00.  Workshop is from 10 to 4 with a break for lunch.  Cost for the day is $20 in advance or $25 at the door.  The step book is included, but only guaranteed with preregistrations.  To do so, please contact Cindy Jones at Ballou.  Phone:  434-799-5216.   Email:  jon...@danvilleva.gov.

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven