World Line Dance Newsletter Sunday 11/6 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Nov 6, 2016, 7:26:55 PM11/6/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
SUNDAY 11/6  I'M BAAACCCCKKKK.  I was even worse than normal about writing over the weekend but I just didn't have time.  We had so much fun in Tampa and it was busy busy busy so if you are on Facebook you will know what I mean and I'm sure there will be lots of reports coming out soon, as well as mine, and you will see how we were just too busy having fun to be responsible.  LOL.  Hope you can make it next year.  This was a bittersweet year for us in the Tampa area because it is moving to a hotel in Orlando next year -- the same one where Fun in The Sun is, November 3-December 3, 2017.  It is sad to see it leaving Tampa but lass than two hours away and will be closer for many of our friends.  Mark your calendars and I hope to see you next year.  Yes, the one with the gorgeous pool that everyone loves and the weather should be very nice that time of year as well as all the December festivities at Disney, Universal, and Sea World, so plan a family vacation next year and join us for an event that never fails to be fun.   Hope to see some of you at our last After Party tomorrow night since the event will be moving to Orlando.

Subject: Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic AFTER PARTY Monday Nov. 7th TOMORROW

    Our after party is so much fun as we get to dance and maybe review  dances taught in Tampa or previous events or workshops. We will have the step book and all the music that night!

There will be plenty of snacky foods and water but if you would like anything else to drink feel free to bring it and if you would like to bring something to share, feel free!!

If you need a ride from the hotel please let us know and we will try to arrange for your ride and also remember if you use UBER you are only charged for each car and not each person.

$10
6:30 to 9:30?

Studio  Location
Bayou Dance Club
6541 102nd Ave N
Pinellas Park Fl  33782

Diane Poole   bpoole1@tampabay.rr..com    727+439-8819
Carol Craven    tka...@aol.com 813+ 417-9800
************************
SUBJECT:  VIDEO OF THE WEEK (COUPLES)

Not only is PJ Turner a great dancer (We had a great dance together last night.), he is an excellent instructor as I found out during the three workshops he taught last night in NYC.

Vivian

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov
*****************************

Subject: Dancing in North Carolina (IN OR NEAR HICKORY)
From:
jdevivogol...@gmail.com

I'm going to be visiting my daughter in Hickory, N.C. for Thanksgiving. I tried using the newsletter to locate a place to dance, but so far have been unable to find anything closer than 70 miles from Hickory. Do you know of anyplace closer to Hickory that offers line dancing?

Joe DeVivo
**********************************
  SUBJECT: Intermediate Line dance class – Tampa, Florida.  Wednesdays at 7pm to 8:55pm
FROM: Lynda Licht (
lyndali...@gmail.com) Facebook page:  Line Dance with Lynda

Wednesday from 7pm-8:55pm ROY HAYNES Hillsborough County Rec Center - 1902 S Village Ave, Tampa, FL 33612 (813) 903-3480 (just 3 lights west off Fletcher Ave exit on I-275, turn left onto Rome). Cost $ 4.

For 11/09/16

ALL REVIEWS
New teach:  Falling (McEnaney-White)  Another hit from Rachael's workshop and a favorite at the TB Classic.

2nd Review: Looking Like That (McEnaney-White)

3rd Review:  POM POMS (Whitehouse, Trepat & Richard).

Arrive by 6:45 for before-class warmups.
Please join us!
***************************
Subject: West Coast Wednesdays with Danielle
From:
tampafl...@gmail.com

Come join us for a fun night of WCS for ALL levels!!! The beginner class will focus on the whip this week,
the novice class on it's variations and the int class will tackle Musicality!!
Water and snacks INCLUDED!
www.facebook.com/events/1853426501561226/?notif_t=plan_user_joined&notif_id=1478448934936310

Schedule
6:30 FREE Beg
7-7:30- Novice $5
7:30-7:45 Practice/Open Dancing
7:45-8:30- Intermediate $10 Musicality Made Easy
8:30-9:30- Social Party

Hope to see you there!!
Danielle
dbdance.net
***************************
From:  Norma, Brooksville FL nerb...@tampabay.rr.com
Subject:  Winter Workshop at Brookridge

Brookridge Winter Line Dance Workshop will be held on Saturday, January 21, 2017.
Registration is $40 and includes a catered lunch, step sheet booklet and much more! This
will be a “Beginner Friendly” event, but we will offer some High Beg as well as some Low Int.
If you’ve never been to a Workshop, you will be in for a lot of fun!  We will have five area
instructors and they are the best!  Clubhouse Doors open at 8:30 AM, Work Shop begins at
10:00 and is over about 3:30 PM. We have limited seating so early registration isencouraged.
Casual attire but NO open back sandals.  For more info: e-mail or call (352) 397-6088
Say ‘thank-you’ to anyone in uniform, you meet, anywhere; they WILL understand...........Norma

~dance til you drop
*****************************
From: Norma Brooksville FL nerb...@tampabay.rr.com
Subject:  Brookridge Good Times Line Dance Club Cruise

We are, along with the Dandeline Line Dance Club, sponsoring a Line Dance Cruise!!!  Lots of dancing, but many other activities, and sides trips, too!  Departing Tampa on 4/23/17 and returning to Tampa on 4/30/17.  (Bring family & friends; not necessary to be a line dancer!)

Lots of time to plan ahead and good payment plan as well!

Your ship: Norwegian Cruise Line, Jade – 7 Day Cruise – $579 – $1009, depending what kind of accommodations desired.

Itinerary: Tampa, at Sea, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan Bay Islands, Harvest Caye, at Sea, Tampa.

Group Leader: Line Dance Instructor Marilyn Richardson.  Cruise Brochure available at Class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, or call Norma (352-397-6088) and she will see you get one!

~dance til you drop~
******************************
From: Norma Brooksville FL, nerb...@tampabay.rr.com
Subject:  Social at Brookridge

Our next Social is Saturday, November 12, 2016, from 6:30-9:30 PM, @ $5, at the door . Dj Dave Richardson will be playing.  Bring own beverage, snacks and ice, if needed.  There is a ‘Spread The Wealth,’ if you wish to participate. (9 tcts $3 or 18 for $5.)  This is a Social only, no lessons, but we may do select “one walls” to titillate your memory!  And of course, there are always instructors on the floor to give aid, if needed!  DJ Dave will play requests, but remember, he does have a play list and he only plays what Marilyn has taught in our classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so there will be something for everyone!  ‘Need more Info?  e-mail me at nerb...@tampabay.rr.com or call (352) 397-6088 .......Norma

~Dance Til You Drop & Pray For Our Military That Are Serving in Foreign Lands and Honor Them by Flying Your Flag.  God Bless America
*************************
SUBJECT:  line Dance Cruise with Ira - Jan. 15/22, 2017 out of Ft. Lauderdale
FROM:  Sandra Balestracci - Jacksonville, FL
sbales...@bellsouth.net (954)849-7113
I am looking for a cabin mate for this 7 day line dance cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
If you would like more information, contact me at the above number or e-mail.
Happy Thanksgiving!
*******************************
SUBJECT:  DANCES THIS WEEK
FROM:  BIG DAVE

Four cool new dances this week .................

-Like That (Rob Fowler) - 48/4 Intermediate - Fleur East - A funky easy/cool West Coast to a great upbeat 'Sax' style track

-Meteorite (Rob Fowler & Tina Argyle) - 64/2 Intermediate - Years & Years - A cracking mainstream Top 10 contender pop Cha

-Want You Close (Neville & Julie) - 32/4 Higher Intermediate - Nick Jonas - A cool funky 32/4 Nightclub from our Newline weekend

-Falling (Rachael McEnaney-White) - Phrased Advanced - Clare Bowen - A classic/epic advanced/phrased Nightclub, again from Newline - It's not that hard really, beautiful dance & steps - It's all in the styling !! :-)

We also enjoyed recapping Grow Up (A&P), One Word, Schoolyard King, The Vibe, Keep It Groovin' & Pull Me Closer.

A couple of weeks off class here in the Toon ....... See you at Legends, Vegas, Alamo Blackpool or Maggie G Coventry - Looking forward to four great back to back weekends of dancing :-)

Dave
*****Come & dance with us at Let's Party, Newcastle, 13th - 15th January 2017 - With Neville & Julie ..... 2 nights DB&B £129 - A New Year Bash to get your dancing year of with a big bang - A Boom in the Toon :-)

=== Events : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/EventFlyersBookingForms.html
=== VIP's : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/JoinVIP.htm
===www.bigdavegastap.com
07868-424587 (Pauline/Booking Line)
Dave Baycroft
48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington Station, Northumberland, NE22 5YS
SUBJECT:  John Robinson visits with Joe Steele in Massachusetts

FROM:  Joe Steele, www.dancingwithjoe.com,

Oh boy, do I have some great news!!!!! The one and only Mr. Showcase, John Robinson will be joining us here in the Northeast at the Dom Polski in Lowell, 10 Coburn Street, Lowell, Mass., on Wednesday, November 16th for an unbelievable night of workshops, fun and dancing starting at 6:00. John Robinson is one of the premier choreographers and instructors in the world. More information will be coming soon, just make sure you put the date in your calendar, this night will sell out. Make sure you don't miss it. This is one of the few times John will appear in our area.  If you are interested in joining us and need travel or hotel information, email me at clubc...@verion.net for information.  Limited space is available so contact me ASAP to guarantee your spot on the dance floor.  Cash bar and food available, large floating hard wood dance floor, plenty of free parking and cranking ice cold AC.  See you all there.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.