World Line Dance Newsletter Thursday 2/26

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 26, 2015, 9:09:57 AM2/26/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
THURSDAY 2/26  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE BY LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON.  Here is last week's survey.

Subject: dances at the Round Up,Tampa
From:
howardh...@earthlink.net

Thursday House party song by Sam Hunt. Dance Johanna Barnes.The L C & C. Song Lincoln Continentald and Cadillacs by Tim McGraw.Slow burn song Fire. Dance by Kathy Hyundai and John Robinson.
Friday Homegrown by Zac Brown. Dance Margaret Morrison. Shake it by Taylor Swift. Dance Ronald Moon. The L C & C
and fireball shuffle song Pitbull.Dance Jill Weiss.
Saturday Homegrown, Shake it, Back in the day and Fireball Shuffle.

See y'all on the dance floor

Margaret M. Howard
*************************
SUBJECT:    DANCIN’ WITH MARILYN, OCALA, FL
FROM: Marilyn McNeal,
BoarsN...@aol.com

It’s a very big week at Cowboys Saloon in Ocala! Dance lessons
Wednesday through Saturday, the Comedy Club in the Colosseum Friday
night, Craig Campbell concert Saturday night.
Cowboys is bringing all this to us at a very small price for each
event, so be here!

THURSDAY NIGHT Line Dance, all levels from 7:30 – 10PM.
Smoke free & no cover charge

EARLY FRIDAY NIGHT FOR PATTERN DANCERS THIS WEEK ONLY!
Special addition to this busy week at Cowboys Saloon includes this
opportunity to come in early on Friday Night for reviews of two Pattern
Dances, the brand new Twilight Schottiche and an old classic, Skater’s
Shuffle.  If you would like a good, solid review of these two dances,
please arrive by 7PM.  This is a good time to add these two dances to
our regular playlist for Pattern Dances.  Several others will also be
played on Friday nights.
Easy Country Line Dances follow when doors open at 7:30PM.
See y'all at COWBOYS!
**********************
Subject: New Dance by Steve and Dean - Sweetness

From:  Kris Mercier

Just learned the cutest dance choreographed by Steve Lescarbeau and Dancin' Dean named Sweetness to the music Sugar by Maroon 5.  At first look this appeared to be an easy 32 count dance.  Upon learning the dance it is done to the corners of the room and indeed a challenge.  I love the music and the dance is "hard" enough to keep your attention but not so over the top as to make you give up.  I'd recommend this dance to anyone looking for a challenge without having to remember a ton of steps.  Try it, you'll like it.

Kris 5, 6, 7, 8
*********************
SUBJECT:  FloriDANCE 2015
May 2nd, 2015
(Friday "Meet & Greet" dinner and dance party and Sunday Farewell Brunch are both optional)

INSTRUCTORS
Guyton Mundy-Will Craig-Jamie Marshall along with DJ JP Potter

VENUE
The Ballroom of Ormond Beach (2,800sqft of hardwood red oak dance floor, professional sound system and amazing atmosphere.)

HOTEL
The Sleep Inn
$54.99+tax
Must call and mention FloriDANCE to receive discount. Located about a mile from the Ballroom.

REGISTRATION
$60.00 for group *see rules
$65.00 for Early (before 04/01/2015)
$70.00 for Regular (after 04/01/2015 or at door based on availability)
$20.00 Friday or Saturday Night Dance Pass
$20.00 Non-Dancer Spectator Pass for day and evening.

The socials and workshop are BYOB!

Registration Includes- Friday Night Dance Party, Saturday Workshop, Catered Lunch, Step Sheet Disc, Saturday Night "Greek or Geek" Frat Party, and memories to last a lifetime.

Raffle for prizes and event passes will be held during workshop!

For complete information, Flier and Registration contact:
Patrick Fleming
FloriDANCE Director
321-507-8498
Flori...@yahoo.com
Facebook Group - FloriDANCE

We are excited to be hosting our 4th year pulling dancers from all across the Southeast, this is sure to be bigger and better than ever!!! See you all there!!!

Patrick Fleming
FloriDANCE Director
Flori...@yahoo.com
321.507.8498

FloriDANCE Line Dance Workshop 2015
May 1-3, 2015
Guyton Mundy, Will Craig & Jamie Marshall
The Ballroom of Ormond Beach
 SUBJECT:  MOTOR CITY DANCE CLASSIC

FROM:  JASON MILLER

It is never to soon to start planning.  This year we are expanding from our one day, one room workshop to a full blown weekend workshop.  Join us October 29th - November 1st for the first  Motor City Dance Classic.

The workshop will be held at the beautiful Sterling Inn Banquet and Conference Center in Sterling Heights, Michigan.  Formerly a Best Western, the Sterling Inn is now under new management and is currently renovating the guest rooms.  You can check out the hotel's website at http://www.sterlinginn.com/  The hotel has a 32,000 square foot indoor waterpark on site for a little play time in between dancing.  We are happy to extend a special room rate of $109 per night for two queen beds or $99 per night for one queen or one king bed.  The hotel has Free Wi-Fi, refrigerators and microwaves in each room, and free parking.  Also included in your room rate are 4 water park tickets per day.  You must call the hotel direct to get the special room rate.  800-953-1400 and ask for the MCDC/Steelmill room rate.

We will have two workshop rooms running each hour in the onsite conference and banquet center.  One room will be dedicated to beginner/improver dancers and the other to intermediates.  The rooms will be opened up into one large room for our evening dances so everyone can dance together.

Our weekend will begin Thursday night with Friday demos and then a welcome dance (included in your registration).  Friday will include zumba in the morning, classes from 9:00am-5:00pm with a one hour lunch break or open dance if you prefer.  The evening dance will begin at 8:00 and pizza will be served at 10:00pm (included with your registration).  Saturday will being with zumba in the morning and classes from 9:00am-5:00pm with a one hour lunch break and open dancing.  Join us at 6:00pm for a delicious buffet dinner with your instructors (additional cost) and then join us at 8:00pm as we dance the night away at our Halloween Masquerade Ball.  Costumes encouraged but not required but treats and a few tricks are a definite possibility.  We wrap up on Sunday with workshops from 9:00am-12:00pm.  Vendors will be onsite for all your shopping needs as well.

Our amazing staff consists of ~Guyton Mundy~ ~John Robinson~ ~Joey Warren~ ~Ruben Luna~ ~Jamie Marshall~ ~Jill Babinec~ ~Rona Kaye~ ~Lawrence Allen~ ~Pete & Jen Zapulla~ ~Mz. Georgia~
Our Event DJ will be the amazing JP Potter.  Your event hosts are Derek & Tiffany Steele and Jason & Eryn Miller.

Join us for this phenomenal weekend of dancing, partying, water slides, Halloween Party, shopping at our onsite vendors, and just being with friends.

Registration is now open and space is limited.  Various pricing options are available including day passes and evening dance passes plus spectator passes for those who want to bring family to enjoy the water park and nearby attractions.  Visit our website for all the information and registration forms.  Online registration and payment is available on the website as well.  http://www.motorcitydanceclassic.com/  or contact us at da...@mcdc.club

Hope to see you Halloween Weekend.
************************
SUBJECT:  New member introduction.

Hello!  My name is Bobbey Willson.  I live in sunny Florida, recently retired.  When my arthritis allows, I love to line dance, sew quilts, make jewelry, baking, etc.  I like to do anything "crafty" to avoid cleaning house...  I have written a few dances to songs that I felt made me want to get up and dance, move a certain way, etc ... y'all know what I mean :-)  My dances are freely available on the wonderful websites Copperknob and LineDancerMagazine.  I hope you will check out some of my work/play -

Keep on Dancing!
~~~~Bobbey

NOTE FROM ME:  I always invite new people to send a note of introduction.  If you haven't done one, yet, feel free to do so.  I know we all have a life outside of dance, don't we?  LOL
******************************
Subject: Music for the dance: What Lies Beneath.
From: Phil Carpenter.
E/mail:
philipca...@sky.com
Date: 25th February 2015.

Hi guys,
           This is not a posting I wanted to make,but feel that I must.

With regard to the music for my dance: What Lies Beneath which was recently published in Up Country Magazine.

Just as the dance was showing some promise in going around,I have hit a problem.

A number of people have been complaining to UP COUNTRY that they cannot get the correct music for my dance: ie 3.41 minutes long.

It would appear the only track available is 5.17 minutes long which doesn't fit the choreography.

The track that I used was taken from a compilation album: Dutch Country Music 2014 which I duly purchased from I/Tunes.

I have looked into this and have spoken with I/Tunes about the situation,and they claim that, because the artist concerned: Ezzcape have

now released their own new album( Head Over Heels) with a

new version of this track on it,the management company have had the original album removed from the I/Tunes stores.

This removal has only recently happened.

I do not know if this is true or not,it seems strange to me as there are 32 other tracks on this album,so the other artists must be affected?

What ever the situation, the album, along with the track has gone.

I have been trying to contact the Groups management company,along with the Dutch Country Music Association, to try and find out what is
 going on,but have heard nothing yet.

I have also been talking to a group from the U.K to see if a cover version can been done,early days yet,but will keep you informed.

The dance was choreographed and released with all good intentions and in good faith, and I am surprised at the amount of complaints,with some people being quite annoyed, that have been received.

This situation is completely outside our control, and I would request that people do not give Gaye at U.C a hard time.

All the relevant checks were made about this music before releasing the dance.

I understand that this is becoming an increasing problem with some artists,and would ask that, if anybody else has had a similar
problem,how did you get around it?

I had a similar problem with my dance: Born To Be Blue, to a track by the Mavericks,The video of the dance was removed from You Tube

by E.M.I along with a warning, issued to our club about future use.

Please bear with me on this,I obviously, do not want to lose this dance because of it's potential,so If anybody has any queries about it
 please contact me directly.

Sorry to go on about this but I am gutted about what has happened.

Anyway
Happy Dancing
Phil
*********************
Subject: Line Dance Lessons
From: New Port Richey,Fl.

Every Friday,12:15 Beginer Steps.
Then,12:35 Old & New/Fun & Easy
Dances till 2:00. Here are just
some of the Dances;

American Kids
Rio
Rockin The Wagon Wheel
Such A Fool
Cotton Pickin Time
Seduced
Sugar And Pie
Tush Push
Chi Bella
EZ Shuffle

ALSO/... our next Social is
Sunday March 8th. 2:00 to 5:00
I will take request, please
bring your CD incase I don't
have your song.
ONE/... more thing..........
We have a 50/50 Drawing with
extra Prizes, so save your
tickets you could be a winner!

Where is all this?

Cares Elfers Center
4136 Barker Dr.
New Port Richey,Fl.

For More Info. Call Me
727-848-7683 Or E-mail
sheila....@yahoo.com
***************************

Re: DESERT DANCE - Mesa, Arizona - March 19 - 22, 2015
From: Janet Wallace

I have sent confirmations to all who have registered, so if you haven't received yours, please contact me.  And if life got in the way, there's still time and availability to register.... send in yours today!

Don't miss the fun with Scott Blevins, Bracken Potter, Julia Wetzel, Amy Glass and Malene Jakobsen. We'll have a wild time in the old west!! These choreographers range from one of the top choreographers of the world to the hottest rising stars in our line dance community. They'll be teaching their own dances as well as "hot off the press" dances from around the world. And remember.... a smaller event means you'll be dancing all your requests. Your feet will go home tired but happy!!   And.... Brenda Shatto will be teaching as a guest instructor.    We're very excited that she'll be joining us!

Get your hotel reservations made with Country Inn & Suites (480-641-8000 Ext 505; 6650 E. Superstition Springs Blvd, Mesa, AZ, 85206, USA;
www.countryinns.com/mesa) with group rates extending from before to after the event, so you can bask in the beauty of the Arizona sunshine.

Our event will be held at Las Palmas Grand again with one of the most fabulous dance floors, and that alone is worth the trip!

The temperature forecast for tomorrow is 74 with plenty of sunshine!  Sound good???   Come to Arizona in March ---- you'll love it!    Consider a pre or post-trip to the Grand Canyon and Sedona.... Great memory making opportunity!

We're looking forward to dancing with you in the desert!

Contact me if you need information or a flier....
Email: janet...@netzero.net
Phone: 480.984.0455

See you on the dance floor.... hopefully in Arizona in March! —Janet
************************
SUBJECT:  LINEDANCER MAGAZINE WEEKLY UPDATE

We have another exclusive video interview for you, this week with the lovely Jennifer Choo who came to the Crystal Boot Awards for the first time this year and hosted a workshop. You can also watch Jennifer in action and learn her dance! Watch an act from our great line up this year and this week it is the turn of M&N Dance Company.

There's also scripts and hot dance tips awaiting you in the latest onLinedancer! Click Here for your copy now
 http://www.linedancermagazine.com/onlinedancerweekly-nl/

Latest Top Ten
1 Uptown Funk (%age of votes: 5%)
2 We Only Live Once (%age of votes: 4%)
3 Up (%age of votes: 3%)
4 Shades Of Passion CBA 2015 (%age of votes: 3%)
5 Superheroes (%age of votes: 3%)
6 Fireball (%age of votes: 2%)
7 Eternal Secret (%age of votes: 2%)
8 Run Away With You (%age of votes: 2%)
9 Yes! (%age of votes: 2%)
10 Turn The Beat Around (%age of votes: 2%)
 *************************
SUBJECT:  WHAT KAREN STURMEY IS TEACHING IN THE UK

HI,

TURN THE BEAT AROUND  ROB FOWLER DEE MUSK WEEK 1   taught this tonight to my
hard core social class.   they liked it,  notihing too tricky no tags etc.
70's sounding track,  happy class happy me.

LOVE ME LIKE  YOU DO RIA VOS. WEEK 2   so far only 1 class, again the hard
core social class, but they do like this one.   lovely jubbly typical ria
vos dance  just lovely.

SHADES OF PASSION ROB FOWLER WEEK 3   hit in the 3 classes i have taught
this dance in.  fits the music like a glove. and again no tags etc.

TILL ITS GONE   TINA ARGYLE PATRICIA STOTT WEEK  3  taught this to my
country music classes,and has gone down very very well.

BEGINNERS/IMPROVERS AND INTERMEDIATES WHO WANT A SLOW DOWN ONLY ONE NEW
DANCE EVERY 3-4 WEEKS,

restless guy
county line
take a breather
just me and you
ribbon of highway
my first love
blue rose is
we only live once
boat to liverpool
  GOLDEN OLDIE  chilly cha cha
*************************

Subject: Popping dance update with Tommy " Hypno From: in...@thehypno.com

    Popping Dance Academy
New York, NY
Other / Dance / Hip HOP

Hi friend

Hope you are doing well and I got more updates and new videos to share with you. I waited a few weeks to update this email list so everytime you get an email for me you know it would be fill with new stuff.

1st thing is a little update of me , I have been getting back into making videos and it is going great. I also feel great and having fun again making dance video. My goal is to try to put everything I know about popping dance and also my ideas on this dance on some type of media via videos or notes .
I think video would be best becuase it a dance and it really need to show then just text.

Our site is all updated .
It now show better on tablet and phone. I update the site a few times a week now to match what we are putting up on youtube so take a look at it.
The phone site is size to help you get to what you need much faster.
Link to our site
http://www.poppingdanceacademy.com

Youtube
We been testing out what is the best formmat for us to run our youtube channel . I think what we have now is going good and it is working for me as far as putting new videos up weekly.
We hosted a video workshop talking about our core 4 technique ( hitting, waving , tutting, mind )
This is a detailed workshop and talk about the idea of this system
Core 4 technique workshop video link
http://youtu.be/lPVmUzN6XWc

New videos
Basic forearm hitting | basic popping
http://youtu.be/hXGK0DkULkI

3 clicks arm isolation waves technique.
http://youtu.be/1BO5WOpUK4s

basic tutting | framework technique
http://youtu.be/OrrlRiWKY6k

Digits mix with finger tutting dance - Dance in seconds ep 01
http://youtu.be/NLQ_A90-cP0

tips and tricks - Be patient - Control and timing technique
http://youtu.be/qrqnWKxv7PQ

The training video we are breaking it down into 2 type.
One is a shorter for people that just need to see and can learn it.
The other one is a full detailed type ( closer to our dvd products ) You can buy it right on youtube for $0.99 each or download it from our side for $1.99.
This will be what we will use for future teaching so you can buy it from youtube or from us . This way you don't have to wait till we make a full dvds to get any product from us .

That is all the new update for now. If you have not join our facebook please take a sec to like us. Also join our youtube to get the latest video.

Thank you and talk to you again very soon.

Tommy "Hypno" Chan

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com