World Line Dance Newsletter Saturday 1/31

TKA...@aol.com

Jan 31, 2015, 8:36:18 AM1/31/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Saturday 1/31  I'm going to the memorial dance for Barbara Fletcher today in Seminole, Florida.  She planned this before she passed as a celebration of her life and Bill Beckett and friends organized it for her.  Hope to see lots of you there.  In case you need the address, it is:  PEACOCK CENTER  (at the Seminole Gardens Apts/condos)
8324 112th st Seminole, Fl. 33772
**********************
PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE BY LATE TOMORROW AFTERNOON!!
*******************
From:  Norma at nerb...@tampabay.rr.com
Subject:  Monthly Social in Brooksville FL

Monthly Line Dance Social
Saturday, February 14, 2015
6:30 to 9:30 PM
Brookridge Community Clubhouse
$5 per.

Bring your own snacks, drinks, and ice, if needed.
We will furnish a huge dance floor, soft lighting, a great

DJ
and a variety of dances from Beginner to Intermediate
and everything in between!  We will take requests and
we welcome couples, too!  There is always an

instructor
on the floor to provide assistance.  This is a Social only,
no structured lessons.  Singles and Couples are

welcome!
We are located about 5 mi West of the Suncoast Pky &
about 5 mi. East of Rt 19, off Rt 50.  Go through the left

side
of entrance and tell guard you are dance attendees,
proceed to Stop sign, turn right & a quick left, up
Country Club Lane.  Clubhouse is about 1/8 mi on
your right, with plenty of parking.
(8150 Hampton Street, Brooksville FL 34613 for your

GPS )
Further info, e-mail or call me at (352) 397-6088

Dance 'Til You Drop!

*********************
Subject: The Line Dance Marathon Registration

Deadline!!!! Raleigh-Durham NC

From: Scott Blevins

ONE DAY LEFT!!!!

Just a reminder that the deadline for the VIP All Access

Pass is February 1st. If you want to take advantage of

this money-saving pass that includes all workshops,

evening dances, priority show seating, farewell dance

and pizza party, T-shirt and dance book... be sure to get

your registration in the mail by January 31st! Only the

VIP Pass is due by Feb 1st, all other passes are due by

May 1st.

See you at The Marathon,

Scott Blevins and Jean Garr

***********************

Subject: Crystal Boot Awards
From:
newsl...@linedancermagazine.com

The 19th Crystal Boot Awards is about to begin.

Don't miss out on any of the action from the weekend,

go to crystalbootawards.com for everything to do with

Awards.

You can get your weekend pass to watch online, buy

the official programme for the weekend, book for next

year and also buy the track for this years LDF dance

which is exclusively launched on Friday night.

And don't forget to use #19CBA on your Facebook and

Twitter posts. Enjoy the weekend.

Latest Top Ten
1 We Only Live Once (%age of votes: 5%)
2 Superheroes (%age of votes: 4%)
3 Uptown Funk (%age of votes: 3%)
4 Up (%age of votes: 3%)
5 Fireball (%age of votes: 3%)
6 Eternal Secret (%age of votes: 3%)
7 Run Away With You (%age of votes: 2%)
8 One Great Mystery (%age of votes: 2%)
9 Wonder Train (%age of votes: 2%)
10 Angel In Blue Jeans (%age of votes: 2%)
 *****************************
 Subject: News from PREMIER ENTERTAINMENT DANCE

TEAM

From: Alan and Lika Kohn

One more accomplishment for PREMIER

ENTERTAINMENT DANCE TEAM under the leadership of

Alan and Lika Kohn.

The team was featured and contributed line dances

shoots in Live Laugh Line Dance weekly show on SKY

TV. As per Glenn Rogers’ words “  Sky TV contacted us

this morning to offer us repeat slots for the show.

Keeping in mind that it took 12 months to reach that

stage with our Country show, this offer comes after only

8 WEEKS!! The bottom line is that general interest in the

show is very high, Sky does not  give air time to

programs that are not popular!

We will now be aired at 10 pm Monday evening and 6

pm Thursday evening as well as our regular Saturday 3

pm slot. The Monday slot, in particular, is a huge bonus

as it falls in the peak viewing time and day for the

channel”.

We thank again Live Laugh Line Dance producers and

staff for the great opportunity, great job of all their staff

and extensive coverage of our team.

FYI PREMIER ENTERTAINMENT DANCE TEAM is a  super

energetic and fun group with a keen sense of harmony

and rhythm has been teaching, choreographing as well

as dancing in various clubs, fairs and also at Premier

Entertainment’s private functions in CT and NY States.

Almost everyone in this group has a music or dance

major as well as acting background ranging from a NYC

Rockette to dance and music teachers in schools and

performances in musicals and even a national gymnast

among its members.  The team has even a weekly Cable

TV show in CT.

This is only the beginning for this team. The Sky is the

limit!

Alan and Lika Kohn
************************
Subject: Great article about DJ Alan Kohn – “For

Connecticut DJ, Country Is Cool”

From: Lika Kohn

 We are very  proud to announce that a very prestigious

publication DJ Times has highlighted and  featured  on

their January issue a whole page on DJ Alan Kohn

naming him “ a Connecticut Cowboy and an

“ambassador of the belt-and-boot boogie”. “For

Connecticut DJ, Country Is Cool” The article can be

connecticut-dj-country-is-cool/

 Lika Kohn

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com