World Line Dance Newsletter Thursday 7/28 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Jul 28, 2016, 10:05:39 AM7/28/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
THURSDAY 7/28.  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

NOTE FROM ME:  We have lost one of the most individualistic, loved people in the line dance family, Speedo Deskins.  He would always be at The Marathon and had friends from everywhere and there was no one else quite like him.  He will be missed.
*****************************
SUBJECT:   Line dance Class
WHEN:       Saturday 7/30/16, 1 - 4 pm
WHERE:     Shall We Dance Studios, 600 S. Federal Highway, 2nd floor
                  Deerfield Beach (Broward County), FL
BY:             Betsy (
egc...@aol.com)
I'm so excited to announce that at our July 30th line dance class, Darcie Deangelis will be teaching her dance Yes. I'm Ready, which placed first in the phrased division, and Candee Seger will be teaching All Night Anthem, which placed first in the intermediate/advanced division, at Fun in the Sun.   I'll review Woman Up and Shake That which I taught at our last class.  The cost is $15.00.

COME JOIN US if you're in the area!
******************************
 SUBJECT:  UPDATE ON ARLINE WINERMAN
FROM:  DALLAS PROVEAU

Wednesday update:  Visited with Arline today and she looks and sounds great.  Said she feels like she has passed a major milestone and if the swelling in her feet and legs would go down she would be almost home.  The doctor came in while I was there and decided to increase her lasik for a few days so fingers crossed that this will do the trick.  Arline is eating good, and did two hours of PT this morning plus sat up for a couple of hours afterwards.  //Dallas
*********************************

Subject: Larry Bass Classes this week Jacksonville, Fl
From:
larryb...@comcast.net

Larry Bass Classes this week Jacksonville, Fl-

Beginner Classes:
Undying Love - Choreo: Larry Bass; Music: Undying Love by Billy Swan
Gypsy Queen Choreo: Hazel Pace
Stings Like AB - Choreo: Alison Biggs & Peter Metelnick
Do a Little Life - Choreo: Maddison Glover & Michelle Risley
Frankie Fever - Choreo: Maddison Glover

Intermediate Class:
New Teach
"Right About Now" - Choreo: Will Craig

2nd Teach Review:
"Woman Up"- Choreo: Rachael McEnaney-White and Amy Christian

3rd teach Review:
Handclap" - Choreo: Bracken Ellis and Brandon Zahorsky

Dances played:

"Ain't Misbehavin', Love Me Like You, Hey Hey Hallelujah, The Queen, Beautiful Goodbye, So Just Dance, Dance, Dance , Strip It Down, Woman Up, Right About Now, Humble and Kind, Making History, Coming Unplugged, Handclap, Footplay, Better When I'm Dancing, From The Ground Up, Sugar Honey I.T. and Spiderweb (a turboteach of this one)."

Advanced Class:
New Teach:
More Dessert - Choreo: by Guyton Mundy & Klara Wallman

2nd teach:
Harden Up Princess: Choreo: Simon Ward

2nd review:
The Waiting Game: Choreo: Fred Whitehouse / Joey Warren

**********************************
Subject:  Nickel City Line Dance Classic, Saturday, September 24, 2016
Contact:  Carol Larocque

                dancinfee...@gmail.com

Nickel City Line Dance Classic – Non-Registered
It’s not too late to submit your registration forms for the 7th Annual Nickel City Line Dance Classic.

Since Canada Post is still working, you have plenty of time to submit your registration form via mail  OR, if you prefer to do it an easier way (cost of a stamp or free deposit at a Bank of Montreal in your area), see the instructions below.

Here is an easy way to submit your registration and payment.  It would be much easier to register using the information below, than to have it get caught up in the mail system if Canada Post does decide to walk out.

Submitting your registration form, and making payment:

 Complete the registration form.
Scan on a printer, and email to Carol Larocque – dancinfee...@gmail.com
OR, take a photo with your smartphone, and email to Carol
Payments: 2 options
-       go to any BMO branch, and make a deposit to Branch Transit # 2447, account # 3988-596

-       do an e-transfer to BMO branch transit # 2447, Account # 3988-596 (e-transfer will cost you the same as mailing your payment)

Once your payment has been made, email Carol to advise of date of transfer/deposit, and she will match up your registration form and payment info.

Cost of registration is now $50, as the early bird deadline date has passed.  This includes your lunch, daytime instruction, and evening dance.  Bar will be open in the evening if you would like to have alcoholic beverages.  Water and coffee will still be available.

Submit your registration now to save your spot on the floor!

Looking forward to seeing all of the regular supporters, and to meeting new attendees!

Keep on Dancing!
Marthe Thibeault
Colette Proulx
Pierrette Vincent-Schroeder
Carol Larocque

www.dancing2thebeat.ca
www.dancinfeetinmotion.ca
*******************************
SUBJECT:  UNITED IS HAVING A $48 SALE FOR TWO DAYS TO BE USED 8/23 TO 11/16 check it out.  Come to Tampa!!
http://www.cheapoair.com/fpnext/Air/Listing/s/1
***************************
SUBJECT:  SWING FLING, VIRGINIA (COUPLES) AUGUST 11-14

http://www.swingfling.com/about.htm
*****************************
Subject: 1-Day Dance Workshop in Naples, FL (August 13)
From: Jamie Leick (
tom_jam...@yahoo.com)

For those interested in driving all the way down to Naples.....

We're having a 1-day workshop on Saturday, August 13. We're going to start at 9:30 in the morning... Have lunch.... Have dinner.... And have a social. All for $25 (covers some breakfast "goodies" in the morning, a sub-sandwich lunch, and pizza/salad for dinner and all the dancing your feet can endure!).

We have six local instructors lined up to each teach a dance: Chris Beebe and myself will teach beginner/improver dances; Nancy Delaney and Valerie Reed will teach easy intermediate/intermediate dances; and Debbie Carpenter and Brenda Curran will teach High Intermediate/Advanced dances.

If you would like a registration form (they are due by August 6 - and it's first come/first served - limited space available) - email me and I'll get one out to you.

The requests for the playlist for the open dancing/social parts of the day are due by Monday, August 1 (the sooner, the better!).

Email me if you have any questions! Happy dancing!

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.