World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 9/1 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Sep 1, 2017, 10:12:24 AM9/1/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

Friday 9/1

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

SUBJECT:  EARLY REGISTRATIONS FOR VEGAS LINE DANCE EXPLOSION HAVE TO BE RECEIVED TODAY!

Vegas Dance Explosion Banner

November 7th -12th, 2017

All registrations must be postmarked by TODAY 9/1/17 in order to receive our early bird discount. You may also register on line up until midnight (Eastern Standard Time) tomorrow 9/1/17 and receive the discounted rate.

We still have room for more dancers. Currently we have 1,233 dancers registered. Our cut off will be 1500. Please make your room reservations. Rooms are limited.

We've added 2 additional ball rooms this year for workshops.

And new this year: we will have numerous workshops scheduled throughout the week for West Coast Swing dancers (including beginners, no partner needed).

More info at www.djdancing.com

****************************

USLDCC DANCES ENTERED AT HOTLANTA!

This is tip for all people entering competition events -- this one or any one.  If you will get your sheet AND VIDEO ready before you compete, it will be all ready to go right after the competition.  That is when the interest is the highest and if you aren't ready, it won't have the opportunity for people to see it because you know how fast dances come and go.  You did the work so try to reap a little of the rewards by giving your dance a chance to be seen!  Many dances that didn't win went on to become very popular so just get them ready to send and I'm always happy to post them.

HERE IS THE LINK ON THE USLDCC SITE WITH THE DANCES.  I didn't have time to check if vidoes are with each one so below that are the ones that people sent me.

https://usldcc.com/results/

SH-BOOM SHUFFLE (improver)

Choreographer:  Betsy Courant

1st place, USLDCC Improver division, Hotlanta Line Dance Jam

Stepsheet: http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/shboom-shuffle-ID120114.aspx

video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSN4v7GMxUs

CLOSE YOUR EYES WITH ME (intermediate)

Choreographer:  Betsy Courant

2nd place, USLDCC Intermediate/Advanced division, Hotlanta Line Dance Jam

Stepsheet:  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/close-your-eyes-with-me-ID120115.aspx

Video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_pMRCAgicA&t=79s

TEMPLE (Phrased)

Choreographer:  Betsy Courant

1st place, USLDCC Phrased division, Hotlanta Line Dance Jam

Stepsheet:  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/temple-oh-lordy-ID120117.aspx

Video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af7_15FMsAA&t=67s

CHECK IT OUT (Phrased)

Choreographer:  Betsy Courant

3rd  place, USLDCC Phrased division, Hotlanta Line Dance Jam

Stepsheet:  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/check-it-out-ID120116.aspx

Video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLj7zYCKK-0

These are my placing dances from Hotlanta…(From Jonno Liberman)

Best Mistakes, Jonno Liberman & Jason Takahashi, 1st Place non-phrased division

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/best-mistakes-ID120104.aspx

Only Everything, Jonno Liberman, 2nd Place Phrased division

Step sheet coming soon.

Stomp Like What, Jonno Liberman, 3rd Place beginner/novice division

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/stomp-like-what-ID117119.aspx

************************************

Subject: Choreographers Unplugged, September 23, 2017

From: Wen...@wildrosesdanceteam.com

ALMOST HALF FULL!  GET YOUR SPACE TODAY!

Wild Roses and Patrick Fleming present Choreographers Unplugged Saturday, September 23, 2017, 10a-4p, with Dustin Betts & Candee Seger, a fundraiser benefiting Central Florida's Youth Ballroom Program, Giving Dance to help with their journey to World's 2018.

This workshop is opened to all levels of dancers (mostly concentrated on Beginner - Intermediate), only 75 spaces are available @ $25 each so get yours today at http://www.wildrosesdanceteam.com/choreographers-unplugged.html

We will have a 30 minute lunch break but to keep this cost low, we are not providing a lunch, please bring your own lunch/drinks to the workshop.

After the workshop we will break for dinner and then join back together at the studio for an all request EVENING DANCE PARTY!!!! 6pm-10ish...

All requests!

Come join us to finalize the day with a dance party!

Learn Dance Studio, Home of Giving Dance Inc. Youth Team is located at 945 N Semoran Blvd, Orlando in the Bravo Shopping Center with Dan's Fans & Pizza Hut next to the Barbershop on the corner of 436 and 50.

Subject: Wild Roses Workshop, October 21, 2017

From: Wen...@wildrosesdanceteam.com

Get your registrations in for our 5th Annual Wild Roses Workshop on October 21, 2017 from 10am-4pm with instructors; Patrick Fleming, Trevor Thornton, Rosie Multari & Marilyn McNeal. This year's theme is Court of Thorns & Roses Masquerade Ball!

Early registration (by 9/21) is just $55 and includes the Friday night social, entrance to all workshops, lunch Saturday & the social Saturday night. All events will take place at the beautiful River Walk Center in Fort Pierce where we will have a beginner room in addition to the regular room. If you have never attended a workshop this is your chance!

Space is limited so go to www.wildrosesfoundation.org to REGISTER NOW.

This event is a fundraiser for the Wild Roses Foundation with proceeds going to a charity to be determined closer to the event.

Picture

 NOTE FROM ME:  Someone shared this old video of John Robinson doing DANGEROUS.  I love this video.

Dangerous - John Robinson

I remember learning this dance at the Boogie Woogie Boot Camp in some year far away.  LOL.  We must have done it 50 times that weekend.   How many people went to Boogie Woogie Boot Camp?  I can't remember who the directors were but I do remember it was a great couple of years.

Video web content titled: Dangerous - John Robinson

***************************

SUBJECT:  COURTESY AND RESPECT IN LINE DANCING

I've read and appreciate reminders about how to behave when in class and at events: turning off cellphones, paying attention, being aware of everyone's dance space, not wearing scented personal care products, not taking food and drink into places where it is not allowed, smoking in designated areas, etc. All of these courtesies toward other dancers and your instructors make dancing with others more enjoyable for everyone.

I'd like to spotlight another issue: respect amongst instructors.

When you attend someone's class, it's unfair to solicit students for your own classes or your own events. Also, if you've been attending a class or classes and other students ask you to start a class of your own, it's a big ego boost and can be very tempting. But please consider long and hard the impact your new class will have on EXISTING classes. You may literally be taking money out of someone's pocket or worse, putting him or her into the red. It is the ultimate sign of disrespect to start a class in opposition to an existing class, or to schedule an event in conflict with other events. Sometimes it's unavoidable, but sometimes it's intentional.

Unless instructors respect each other, it's only a matter of time until the tables are turned and some newcomer is poaching students from you.

NOTE FROM ME:  The person who sent this asked to not have their name attached for obvious reasons but I'm sure this is a universal problem from time to time so I agreed not to post a name with it.  I think it is a good thing for people to think about.

******************************

SUBJECT:  WHAT GEOFF & CELIA ARE TEACHING IN THE UK

Great turn out at class this week, after a couple of weeks of easy ones decided to go with one a little harder that we had heard so many good reports about from Worlds and from lots of our teacher friends, Niels Poulsen’s “NO SUN ON SUNDAY”. Personally I love both the track ”Sun On Sunday” by James Blunt and the dance but unfortunately a few didn’t like the track so it wasn’t the big hit that I expected with all our dancers. Recapped Ria’s “Delilah” from last week and walls of several others when requested.

Playlist was :-  Dear Friend, Tongue Tied Up, Italiano, Darling Hold My Hand, Slowly Gently Softly, Your Loving Arms, Gypsy Queen, Cry For Me, Refund To My Heart, Beautiful In My Eyes, I Came To Love You, Missing, We’re In Heaven, No Sun On Sunday (twice), Love On The Weekend, Delilah, Wandering Heart, Fooling Around, Lonely Drum, Scared Of The Dark, Against All Odds, Strip That Down, Everydays A Holiday, No Sun On Sunday (again), Skin, Loves Just A Feeling & I’m Stuck.

Our next Social at Shelf Village hall will be on Saturday 16th September, non stop dancing to your requests from 8.00 pm – 11.00 pm and of course the ever popular home made buffet supper. Everybody welcome. All details on our website.

******************************

SUBJECT:  MADNESS IN TAIWAN

http://linedanceforever.com/htmls/mit17.html

In three months MIT will be welcoming our friends from around the world for an awesome three-day linedance party!

This year we are changing up the scheduling of each day a bit. For Day One, sign-in will begin at 10:30am and the Opening Ceremony will begin at 11:00am.

For those attending Day Two and Day Three, please complete your sign-in by 9:15am.

Please stay tuned to the MIT website for the finalized three-day schedule for MIT 2017, which we will release at the end of November. Thank you so much and we can't wait to see all of you!

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven