World Line Dance Newsletter Tuesday 8/2 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 2, 2016, 9:37:36 AM8/2/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
TUESDAY 8/2 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

IMPORTANT NOTE:  I have people trying to schedule things for 2017.  If you don't have your events on the schedule yet PLEASE DO IT NOW!!  Here is the link to fill it out.  Here is what is on the calendar for 2017 so far.  The little form is on the RH side of the page so please fill it out.
http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html
***********************
SUBJECT:  STACY HAS POSTED PLAYLIST FOR TASTE OF WINDY CITY IN CHICAGO

Main Ballroom Playlist from TASTE OF WINDY CITY NOW on our website!!!
Many thanks to Donna Klonowski for keeping track!

Here is the DIRECT link to the PDF:
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/stacyj/2016-tastewc-main.pdf
Keep in mind it is NOT perfect.

Here’s the DIRECT link to the Videos on PDF:
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/stacyj/2016-tastewc-vids.pdf

**************************
ADDITIONS/CORRECTIONS TO THE SURVEY
Ex's and Oh's is by Amy Glass NOT Ria Vos.  Sorry, Amy.  Things are alphabetical and the wrong one giving Ria as the chor is last when I'm sorting.  I promise to pay attention next week.
*************************
SUBJECT:  ARLINE WINERMAN UPDATE
FROM:  DALLAS PROVEAU

Monday morning update.  The laundry has been found and returned to Arline.  Yay!  She sounds pretty good and she has asked for a third opinion on the incision so we should have a tie breaker soon.  If anyone is going to visit Arline today she is in need of an inexpensive black eyeliner pencil (I dropped the ball on that yesterday).  Much more positive vibes today.   Have a great Monday.  Hugs//Dallas

NOTE FROM ME:  I talked with her in the afternoon yesterday and she said she walked around the PT room with a walker yesterday.  That is progress.  She sounded tired but likes PT so that is good.  They only did it once yesterday by the time I talked with her and she is supposed to get PT twice a day so maybe they did it after 3:30 but she didn't think they would.  She is once again wanting to get home so that's a good thing.  Dallas is going to see her tomorrow and I will go later in the week.  I'll see at class tonight who has been in because I know she is getting visitors and I'm glad.  If you would like to send her a card, here is her address:
ARLINE WINERMAN
Lexington Health & Rehab Ctr.  Room 305B
6300 46 Th Ave N, Kenneth City, FL 33709
**************************
SUBJECT:  OCTOBER 22ND WORKSHOP
FROM:  RACHAEL MCENANEY

Just a little reminder about my workshop in Orlando on Saturday October 22nd at the Whirl and Twirl dance hall   :-)

Early registration closes in less than 3 weeks and it is already at 50% sold.  If you plan on attending please get your registration to me as soon as possible: http://dancewithrachael.com/Dance_with_Rachael_McEnaney/Orlando_October_Workshop.html

Full day of dance includes step books, hot Italian lunch, free parking and free entrance to the Barn that evening for those that can handle MORE dancing ;-)

Looking forward to seeing you all there, if not before.

Happy dancing x

Rachael

www.dancewithrachael.com
dancewit...@gmail.com
+1 407-538-1533

Rachael McEnaney - White
Instructor/Choreographer/Performer/Judge/Coach.
4 time World Champion, 7 time Choreographer Of The Year,
9 time Instructor Of The Year, 5 time Personality Of The Year

*****************************
SUBJECT:  LINE DANCE CLASSES IN OKLAHOMA CITY

FROM:  CAROLE HOLLOWAY (car...@cox.net)

HI EVERYONE….I WOULD JUST LIKE TO INVITE YOU TO ATTEND MY LINE DANCE CLASSES AT THE YMCA HEALTHY LIVING CENTER IN OKLAHOMA CITY. YOU CAN SEE THE CLASS SCHEDULE ON THE YMCA WEBSITE

JUST CLICK ON THE OKLAHOMA CITY LOCATIONS  “HEALTHY LIVING CENTER”  AND THERE IS A LINK TO OUR CLASS SCHEDULE…

I teach 2 classes on Friday morning and 2 classes on Monday and Wednesday  afternoon   (under the name “cardio dance”—it is actually line dance)

We have a great facility with beautiful wood floors for all our classes…If you are a YMCA member anywhere you will be able to come in at no additional charge…if you are in OKC or nearby, please feel free to drop in and check us out!

Thanks!

Carole

*******************************
SUBJECT:  TUESDAY CLASS AT BAYOU DANCE IN PINELLAS PARK  TONIGHT

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE SOCIAL ON SEPTEMBER 25TH (SUNDAY)
STAY AN EXTRA DAY AFTER THE TAMPA LINE DANCE CLASSIC TO COME TO THE AFTER PARTY ON MONDAY EVENING NOVEMBER 7TH

Because  so many people are coming and going in Aug. we have decided to cancel one class and it will be on Tuesday the 16th.

        We have 4  Birthdays in Aug. and we are going to celebrate them all together on the 23rd.
If I missed anyone else in Aug, please let me know.

     New teach Tuesday is High On Loving You by Will Craig taught by Lynda.
     We will also have an easy new surprise teach by Liz
Will also be doing reviews and do some we haven't done in awhile.

Hope to see you Tuesday

  Our Class is a non profit class where anyone that wants to teach teaches and that makes it such a fun class!
Thanks for all you support we continue to get class after class and year after year!

Studio location:
Bayou Dance Club
6541 102nd Ave
Pinellas Park, Fl
33782

630 open dance
700 class starts
$8.00 for class
Snacks and water are always available

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com
Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com
*********************************

Subject: NASHVILLE DANCE VACATION WITH JOHN ROBINSON!
From:
DebDodd...@aol.com

Join HOST John Robinson and TEAM of Dance Instructors for our
Boot Scootin' Dance Vacation in Music City- NASHVILLE!!
DATE: 9/21-9/25 2016
PLACE: 4 Nights/MILLENNIUM HOTEL-Nashville
VENUE: TWO Dance Rooms/Floors-BALLROOM
DANCE: Line Dance and Pattern Partner
INCLUDED: Dance Activity Pass/Full HOT Breakfast/Wi-Fi/Parking/Airport Transfer/Grand Ole Opry!
OTHER: Dance HOP to local HOT SPOTS Downtown Nashville with Dance Hosts/OPTIONAL Tours
INSTRUCTORS: John Robinson/Barb and Dave Monroe/Danielle-Line Dance 4 You/Leslie Wohlers
Dance Lessons, Social Dances, Pool Party, Dance HOP Downtown Nashville, Grand Ole Opry...this package has it all and GREAT PRICE $675 per person/DBL OCC.
WEBSITE: http://www.danceacrosstheseas.com/NASHVILLE_TRIPS.html
CONTACT: Deb Dodd/DATS Travel 401 398 2377 or DebDodd...@aol.com
DEADLINE: 8/21/16 Limited Rooms available

Deb Dodd
President-DATS Travel dba Dance Across The Seas
Specialty Group Manager Since 2001

3970 Post Rd Suite 2A
Warwick, RI 02886
401 398 2377 Office
(1) 401 824 1141 Fax
www.DanceAcrossTheSeas.com
FACEBOOK: Deb Dodd (Warwick, RI)
FACEBOOK: DATS Travel
TWITTER: @DATSTravel
********************************
Alan B's Nuline Dance (UK) - Latest Dances Taught
jac...@nulinedance.com / al...@alanbirchall.com

HOLD ON (Apocalyptic Mind) - Alan B & Jacqui Jax
Released at DF UK Weekend in Southsea & also taught at Hot Tamales Charity Day (Eggborough)... a typical 'Alan' dance!!! to a great track from Richard Ashcroft

YOU DON'T KNOW LOVE - Peter Metelnick & Alison Biggs
We learnt this with Alison & Peter on their 'hot' weekend in Southsea to the new single from Olly Murs - mastered the count in 2nd time round! lol

ANGELS ON MY SIDE - Alan B & Jacqui Jax
We are getting fab feedback/reviews on our dance to this cracking new track by Rick Astley... also taught on our last 2 weekend workshops

THE QUEEN - Gaëtan Bachellerie, Guillaume Richard & Remi Lemaire - class loving it to the French version of the track

SO JUST DANCE DANCE DANCE - Jose Miguel Belloque Vane & Guillaume Richard - fun summertime dance (floor split with T&V's at socials)

Popular in class... Seize The Moment, Keep Me Around, Let Me Love You, Black Magic, Well Do Ya? Ain't Misbehavin', Sax, Second Hand Heart, After The Storm, Until The Dawn, Lipstick Powder and Paint & many more...

     Alan B & Jacqui Jax J
                http://www.alanbirchall.com/   http://alanbirchall.com/_cyberbull/definitions.html  http://www.facebook.com/jacqui.jax.9#!/jacqui.jax.9
                     jac...@nulinedance.com
************************************
SUBJECT:  THURSDAY NIGHT IN BEVERLY HILLS

FROM:  PAM HALL

pam...@earthlink.net

Getting ready for Thursday night class.

First I want to say that because of the THURSDAY night class we are meeting our needs of learning newer and harder dances.  So starting this month, there will not be a SPECIAL TEACH before the TIME TO DANCE SOCIAL.  We will start the dance at 6:00 and end at 9:00, this way anyone who has a long travel can get home safe and earlier.  There really is no need for a TEACH before the social.  Also with some discussion after the SEPTEMBER TIME TO DANCE SHOPPE~, I will probably not have another one.  Again because we are learning these dances on THURSDAY.  I am also going to have a by INVITATION....just those who come to the THURSDAY NIGHT CLASS, a small dance on the SECOND SATURDAY OF THE  MONTH.  (except when Lindy is having her social.  Many times hers is on the first Saturday of the month, but there are a few that are on the second.  So this month August 13th I will have a small dance that evening from 6 to 9.  This is request dances...no playlist...so let me know if you want to come and what you want to dance.  I am not EXPECTING...any WALKTHROUGHS...this is  just dancing.  I might have some of my improvers come...that can join in on a split floor.

There will be a TIME TO DANCE SOCIAL AUGUST 26th....in LECANTO...THESE DANCES WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE YEAR AND NEXT YEAR.

FOR THURSDAY NIGHT:

PAM WILL BE TEACHING:

MAYBE TOMORROW:  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/maybe-tomorrow-ID112611.aspx
                                     THIS IS A BRAND NEW DANCE OUT BY NIELS POULSEN AND MALENE JAKOBSON

EILEEN WILL BE TEAHCING:

FUNK-N-FEEL IT:  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/funk-n-feel-it-ID112510.aspx

ELAINE WILL BE TEACING:

PIECES:  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/pieces-ID111955.aspx

WE WILL ALSO BE DOING SOME REFRESHER DANCES THAT WE SEEM TO HAVE FORGOTTEN:

YOU MAKE IT REAL
FROM THE GROUND UP
WOMAN UP
MAKE YOU MOVE
WHY BABY WHY
**********************************
Subject: West Coast Wednesdays for August!!
From:
tampafl...@gmail.com

What- West Coast Classes

When- Every Wednesday in August
Where- Bayou Dance Club 6541 102nd Ave N Pinellas Park

So excited to be doing West Coast Wednesdays for the month of August!! Class in session Aug 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th!!
Aug 31st will be our end of the month WCS Social!!!

Schedule
6:30 FREE Beg
7-7:30- Novice $5
7:30-7:45 Practice/Open Dancing
7:45-8:30- Intermediate $10
8:30-9:30- Social Party

The Beg and Novice classes will focus on basics and beyond and the intermediate class will focus on theory and technique applied to specific patterns!!

Hope to see you there!!
Danielle
dbdance.net
********************************
SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA DANCE-A-THON (DANVILLE, VA) WITH DANCIN' DEAN-SEPTEMBER 9-11, 2016
FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (
linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Event director Harold Logan invites you to join him for the fall Southside Virginia Dance-a-thon.  This is an intermediate level plus event.  Dancin' Dean is new to our weekend workshop and will be joining regular instructors Bonnie Mathews and Sue Ann Ehmann, who will be teaching you one of her newest dances.  As always, our dj is the incomparable Mary Kaye Johnson. We promise you a relaxed, fun-filled two days and nights of new teaches, open dancing and socializing with friends.  Come join us for the  "Biggest Little Event" ever!!

The weekend begins with a Friday night "meet & greet" dance from 7 to 11 ($5) which will be held at The Pepsi Building, 661 Craghead Street, Danville.   If you need directions to The Pepsi Building, please email Cindy Jones with Danville Parks & Rec at jon...@danvilleva.gov.

The Friday night dance is all request--and I mean ALL REQUEST!!  You ask for it, Mary Kaye plays it.   Saturday and Sunday are at the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street in Danville.  Saturday begins with sign-in and registration at 9:30 with some dancing as well.  Classes start at 10 and end at 5, with an hour or so lunch break and open dancing in between teaches--again, all request.  Lots of restaurants in walking distance or bring your lunch.  If requested, Mary Kaye will put a playlist on during lunch so you can decide whether you want to dance or eat or do both!!   We break for dinner and come back at 7:00 for 4 more hours of open dancing and review (if that is  requested).  Sunday we come back from 9:30 to 1:30 with the most difficult, anything goes dances reserved for that morning.

The cost of the weekend is just $40 in advance or $45 at the door on Saturday morning.  The host hotel is the Comfort Inn & Suites on Tower Drive (434-793-2000).  Mention the Southside Virginia Dance-a-Thon for their special rate of $85 + tax per night--includes breakfast.   To find out about preregistration, please call/email Cindy Jones with the Center--434-799-5216 or jon...@danvilleva.gov.  If you have any questions about the event itself, please email me.
************************

Subject: Video of the Week (Couples)
From:
vyoun...@gmail.com

Vivian

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov
******************************
SUBJECT: Kickit Top 10 Lists for August 1, 2016
FROM:
rpro...@aol.com

All Kickit subscribers are invited to participate in 4 ongoing surveys.
The Top 10 results for each survey are shown here. (Due to ties, lists may show more than 10 dances.)
------------------------
Most Known
------------------------
 1 Come Dance With Me by Jo Thompson
 2 Tush Push by Jim Ferrazzano & Kenneth Engel
 3 Cruisin' by Neil Hale
 4 Wave On Wave by Alan G. Birchall
 5 Electric Slide by Unknown
 6 Rio by Diana Lowery
 7 Dizzy by Jo Thompson
 8 (tie) Chill Factor by Daniel Whittaker & Hayley Westhead
   Watermelon Crawl by Sue Lipscomb
10 (tie) Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
   Toes by Rachael McEnaney
------------------------
Favorite
------------------------
 1 Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
 2 Chill Factor by Daniel Whittaker & Hayley Westhead
 3 Come Dance With Me by Jo Thompson
 4 Dizzy by Jo Thompson
 5 Zjozzys Funk by Petra Van de Velde
 6 (tie) Rio by Diana Lowery
   Toes by Rachael McEnaney
 8 (tie) Badonkadonk by Pepper Siquieros
   Have Fun, Go Mad by Scott Blevins
   I'm No Good by Rachael McEnaney
   Islands In The Stream by Karen Jones
   Mojo Rhythm by Rob Fowler
   Rebel Amor by Roy Verdonk & Wil Bos
   Wave On Wave by Alan G. Birchall
------------------------
Most Taught
------------------------
 1 So Just Dance Dance Dance! by José Miguel Belloque Vane & Richard Guillaume
 2 Head Over Boots by John Dembiec
 3 (tie) Big Blue Tree by Ria Vos
   Rum Is The Reason by Rob Fowler
 5 (tie) Ah Si! by Rita Masur
   And Then I Kissed Her by Gordon Elliott
   Better When I'm Dancin' by Julia Wetzel
   Cake By The Ocean by Eugene Walls & Betty Moses
   Come And Get It by Darren Bailey
   Come Dance With Me by Jo Thompson
   EZ Cake By The Ocean by Sandy Goodman
   Gypsy Queen by Hazel Pace
   Lay Low by Darren "Daz" Bailey
   A Lesson In Love by Dee Musk & Simon Ward
   Margarita by Lana Wilson
   Pontoon by Gail Smith
   Strip It Down by Rachael McEnaney-White
   Stroll Along Cha Cha by Rodeo Cowboys
   Summer Celebration by Ira Weisburd
   Swingin' Thing by Jo & Rita Thompson
   Tush Push by Jim Ferrazzano & Kenneth Engel
   Uptown Funk AB by Debbie Hogg
------------------------
Most Danced
------------------------
 1 So Just Dance Dance Dance! by José Miguel Belloque Vane & Richard Guillaume
 2 (tie) Ain't Misbehavin' by Guyton Mundy, Jo Thompson Szymanski & Amy Glass
   Better When I'm Dancin' by Julia Wetzel
   Head Over Boots by John Dembiec
   Strip It Down by Rachael McEnaney-White
 6 (tie) After Midnight by Judy McDonald
   The Bomp by Kim Ray
   Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
   Cowboy Strut by Cindy Hall & Candy B
   Cruisin' by Neil Hale
   EZ Cake By The Ocean by Sandy Goodman
   Extreme Love by Niels B. Poulsen
   Girl Crush by Alison Johnstone & Rachael McEnaney
   Lay Low by Darren "Daz" Bailey
   A Lesson In Love by Dee Musk & Simon Ward
   Margarita by Lana Wilson
   Stitches by Amy Glass

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.