World Line Dance Newsletter Saturday 1/27 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

Carol Craven

Jan 27, 2018, 9:54:58 AM1/27/18
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.

Saturday 1/27

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.  If you join on the World Line Dance Newsletter Google Group site, please choose "all mail" for delivery.  You will only get mail from me.

Do you want to scan the newsletter faster?  I always put the word, SUBJECT, before each post.  Just do a search for that word and you can skip from topic to topic quickly and read what you are interested in reading.

******************************'

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

SUBJECT:  Kids-Teens Classes NOW updated!

http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/wtd/wtd-kids-teens.html

Stacy J Garcia

stacy...@gmail.com

World Line Dance Newsletter Website

www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

NOTE FROM ME:  If you haven't known me long enough to know, kids' classes are my pet project other than doing the survey each week.  I LOVE when people send me information about kids' classes and I LOVE when I can promote them so if you have one, let us know about it and be sure to post them on the WHERE TO DANCE link on the site so others can find them.  If we don't have young people coming into line dancing, it will not continue to thrive and I would hope it would be the pet project of many people.  I have noticed in the last couple of years a real influx of young people coming to events thanks to some of the instructors who play music they like and encourage them to learn some of the newer dances.  I am always amazed when I see new young dancers at events and they are out there learning every dance like they have been doing it for years.  Next time there is an event close to you, encourage them to go and experience the REST OF THE LINE DANCE STORY.  I know they will enjoy it and I enjoy having them there.  I am always envious when I see all the kids competing at the World Dance Master's Events around the world.  We need to have more here in the U.S.!

**************************************

Subject: High-Beg, to Inter.-Adv. Class Tuesday 1/30

in Pinellas Park

Well, back after the break following the social last Sunday.  It was FUN!  We will be dancing/reviewing the dances from the social that people from all over came to teach.  Thank you so much!  This week we will be celebrating two birthdays, Diane Poole and Meredith Justice.  Cake!

We will be doing:

New Teach:

Story by Maddison G. taught by Liz

My Heart Is In Havana by Bradley Mather taught by Lynda (new for some who weren't at the social.  Love this dance.

1st Time Rev.

Hot Damn by Rachael M. & Scott. taught by Lynda

Eyes For You by Jo Thompson S. taught by Ann

2nd Time Rev.

Overnight Success by John R, Rosie M,& Jo Thompson S. taught by Dolly

Sweet Caroline by Darren Bailey taught by Ann

3rd Time Review:

Hurts Like A Cha Cha by Simon, Daniel, & Fred taught by Sheri

Here are the dances from the social with videos:

MY HEART IS IN HAVANA, by Bradley Mather, taught by Sandy Albano (Bradley's grandmother, in case you didn't know).   Sandy did a really good job teaching this dance and I was so happy to learn it.  I think it is a special dance and is already moving up on the survey and into the Top 10 this week.  Congratulations, Bradley.  It also was the overall winner at the Florida Line Dance Classic in the USLDCC Competition in Orlando in November.

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/my-heart-is-in-havana-ID122074.aspx

ALL KATCHI, ALL NIGHT LONG, by Kerry Maus (this dance has won two competitions recently).    This is a really fun dance that any class could do and it is peppy and just fun and Larry was especially fun teaching it.  Welcome back, Larry, after your knee surgery.  It is always a pleasure to see you and Cheryl at our socials and we missed you at the last one.  If you look up the sheet for this dance, be sure and put the comma after "Katchi," to find it on Copperknob.co.uk or it will say it can't be found.

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/all-katchi-all-night-long-ID120210.aspx

BOOTS, by Maddison Glover was taught by Marilyn McNeal.  This dance was taught in Vegas and is a fun dance that is quite easy to learn.  Maddison did a good job of choreographing to some of the words in the music and it was nice that Marilyn mentioned that before she taught it.  Give it a look.

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/boots-ID121174.aspx

VOWS, by Cody Flowers.  This is a brand new hot-off-the-press dance by Cody to meaningful music you should listen to.  It flows really well and I know many of the instructors are taking it home to teach their classes.  Good job, Cody, and thanks for coming up from Ft. Lauderdale to teach it and be my roomie with Jen this weekend.  It was fun!   The sheet should be up on Copperknob today or tomorrow but here is a demo of the dance from yesterday.

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/vows-ID122905.aspx

Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00

Studio location:

Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Ave

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com

Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com

************************************

From: Liz Smith, lizs...@tampabay.rr.com

Subject:  HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY’s  LINE DANCE CELEBRATION, Tampa, Florida, FEBRUARY 10, 2018

The registration deadline is almost here for the Line Dance Celebration workshop, taking place on Saturday, February 10 in Tampa, Florida.   In addition to classes and open dancing, you will receive a t-shirt and boxed lunch, for a total cost of $21.83.   What a deal!

John Robinson recently joined our teaching staff which also includes Lindy Bowers, Sheri Hurley, Linda Licht, Marilyn McNeal and Gail Smith.

For additional information and to register, go to https://2018hclinedancecelebration.eventbrite.com/

We are expecting a good crowd.  Over 150 people have registered so far.  You must register by Thursday, February 1 to receive your selection of lunch and t-shirt.  After that, there may be some lunches and t-shirts available, but not guaranteed.  Online registration will close when capacity has been reached or by Monday, Feb.5 at 12:00 noon.   We will accept a few walk-ins if capacity has not been reached.  Walk in cost will be $25.

Liz

********************************

Subject:  2018 CARIBBEAN LINE DANCE CRUISE SENSATION

From:      Ira Weisburd, Frank Trace & Stella Cabeca

5C!.FD 00T!

We are so excited to announce that our last cabin was sold and we will be sailing

with an amazing group of more than 220 dancers from all over the USA, CANADA

& EUROPE !!!  We are already planning for the next Line Dance Cruise Sensation.

You won’t want to miss it !!  To get on the mailing list and be among the first to

receive our flyer, contact Ira at: dancew...@comcast.net

If you are in Florida  the weekend of February 23rd, the three of us are hosting a

Special Line Dance Workshop/Social at the Emma Lou Olson Civic Center, 1801

N.E. 6th Street, Pompano Beach, FL. 33060 on Friday, Feb. 23rd from 1 pm–6 pm

for $25 (payable only at the door)  For more info, contact Stella:  954.978.6971

or Email:  scab...@gmail.com

From <https://mail.aol.com/>

20fJ8 Cad$ean CÉSSenga&n
na-,W e isb.ui
2018 Caribbean Line Dance Cruise
FEB
25 Sensation
Public • Hosted by Advantage Cruises & Tours

**********************************

SUBJECT:  DANCES THIS WEEK

FROM:  BIG DAVE

Happy New Year all – Here’s to a happy dancing 2018 😊 Had a lovely January Tucson break – And great to be back to home, family & dancing this week – We have recaps to bring forward from December still, but after a long break we dived in with some great new ones to start with ………………………..

Body Talk (Ria) – 32/4 Easy Intermediate – Nico & Vince – A catchy upbeat Samba

Looking forward to working with Ria again in Port Talbot in a couple of weeks time 😊

Viaven (Rob) – 64/4 Intermediate/Advanced – Chayanne – A strong Latin Rumba (I think) beat & something cool & different to dance with attitude – A Sultry/Tango With Me Darling sort of dance ….. Just a solid intermediate I’d say so don’t let ‘advanced’ put you off

Til I’m Done (Neville & Julie) – 64/2 Intermediate – Paloma Faith – A strong rockin’ 8&1 Cha to another cracking Paloma track

Looking forward to our new Jersey weekend this year with N&J – Madi-Gras time in New Orleans before that 😊

And from the soundtrack of the moment ………………….

No Apology (Maggie) – 48/4 Higher Intermediate – Keala Settle – Great steps – A fast Nightclub beat that dances like a West Coast – Hits the beat & the words 10/10 spot on

Tightrope (Maggie) – 96/2 Intermediate – Michelle Williams - An awesome waltz to a beautiful track – I’m not a waltz fan but I love this one  - Yes I’m Maggie biased but honestly this is an awesome track & a class dance – It even has some ‘Tightrope’ steps !! 😊 …..Don’t let 96 counts put you off – It’s Viennese with lots of holds/drags/sweeps/kicks 😊

Radio 5 Live’s film reviewers Simon Mayo & Mark Kermode  slag this film & soundtrack big time – What a couple of jerks !!!! There’s more tracks to dance to – Bring them on 😊

One important recap by request – Gary & Debbie’s To The Moon & Back – A lovely nightclub – The gang enjoyed this one in Tucson last week too – Just seen loads dancing it at the Awards – Spot on 😊

Got Daniel’s cool new one Saving The World ready too so next week for that – Also liking Dwight’s VIP, Kate’s I Got This Too & Robbie’s In Our Blood 😊

It was hard work getting back into it so we all flew the white flag early - So c/f to next week Ria’s Tearing Us Apart, N&J’s You Are The Reason & Niels&Co’s Mates Of Soul – Three mega cool/smooth dances 😊

Recaps next week will include N&J’s Guilty As Hell & Bloodstone - And now they are released a few Awards teaches we enjoyed in Nov/Dec – Jamie’s beginner Stanryck, Gary’s improver (2018 LDF Dance) Funk The Preacherman, Jose’s Paris In The Rain & Karl’s Sting So Bad – Maddison’s Boots too – Fingers crossed these all go well & that there’s more too for us from other workshops this weekend – Still waiting for any from Stoke last weekend too 😊

Dave

*****Come dance & party with us at our Alamo Xmas Weekend 16th-18th November 2018 with Ria in Newcastle – A Xmas In Hollywood – And help us bring in the New Year with Karl & Jamie in Bournemouth 30thDecember 2018 – 2nd January 2019 (A 3 nighter) :-)

=== Events : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/EventFlyersBookingForms.html

===www.bigdavegastap.com

07868-424587 (Pauline/Booking Line)

Dave Baycroft

48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington Station, Northumberland, NE22 5YS

**********************************

Subject:        FW: Jersey Girls and Guys and Friends Anniversary

From:        patty...@lifeboatdistribution.com

Hi all,

I just wanted to Congratulate the Jersey Girls and Guys on their 12thanniversary.

Just starting our 13th year. The party was a blast for all.

Also, a big thank you to all our friends (Inner circle gang) and many more that joined us as well, they made the night great

What a good feeling to be a part of a terrific dance family.

Thank you all and here’s to another 12 years.

TODAY
IS THE
BEST DAY
EVER

NOTE FROM ME:  CONGRATULATIONS, JERSEY GIRLS!

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:

SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

Stacy Garcia is the webmaster and keeps these lists current BUT ONLY WITH YOUR HELP.  Please make changes/corrections/additions using these forms:

TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal

https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.

Carol Craven