World Line Dance Newsletter Sunday 4/23 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE TODAY 6 PM EST

瀏覽次數:37 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

TKA...@aol.com

未讀,
2017年4月23日 中午12:49:032017/4/23
收件者:world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

NOTE FROM ME:   I'm baaacccckkk.  I'm not going to send a regular newsletter today because I just got home a little while ago and I still have to get the votes for the survey together so I'll send a regular one tomorrow.  Here is a brief overview of the New Orleans Xperience and I hope you will share your trip with those who weren't able to go.  There is only one of me, you know!

I had a great time in New Orleans at the Dance Xperience.  It is still going on even though I came home this morning.  My flight choices were very early or very late and since I had company taking care of my doggies, I chose early but I wish I had reconsidered after watching the demos from last night.  I LIKED EVERY ONE OF THEM.  In fact, there were a LOT of really good dances this weekend.  I liked the one-room concept so you didn't always feel like you were missing something.

This was such a wonderful place to hold a line dance event.  Who wouldn't love to spend a few extra days in New Orleans and I believe we all took advantage of it to the hilt.  I loved having this treat every morning for the first three days at Café Du Monde.  A must do in New Orleans.

Café du Monde

Café du Monde

Café du Monde, is a renowned open-air coffee shop located on Decatur Street in the French Quarter of New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. …

 This place is amazing!  We also ate and had those wonderful drinks at Pat O'Brien's and Diane and I even went to the World War II National Museum.  It was truly an emotional and informative museum.  I hope you will take the time to visit it if you are ever in New Orleans.

Sandy and Diane reserved the BB King Club on Wednesday night for a private party and, OMG, that band was simply incredible, made even more so by Rachael singing on stage with the band (they obviously had not heard her sing before like we have in her classes) and Simon adding his special dancing skills to Purple Rain.  I know New Orleans is used to strange occurrences and groups but I'm not so sure they were ready for our group.  LOL.   It was a really fun night with hurricane drinks and punch served with dessert.  Thanks, Sandy and Diane, for a special evening.  I'm so glad I went.

The Hilton is very close to the airport and the shuttle was fast and convenient.  We used Lyft most days to go back and forth into the city.  It ran anywhere between $20 and $39 on the trips we took.  Different people had different prices but that was what we paid a number of times.  Lyft is easier to get at the Airport Hilton so if you are going next year, I would register for both.  The price is PER CAR so if you have four or more people (ask for a larger car for more than 4), you can share the expenses.  You can tip the driver with these services if you want but you don't have to.  We had really nice drivers so tipped most of them.    The food at the hotel was very good and reasonable and Sandy and Diane had arranged for a very nice buffet every day.

The highlight of the weekend was the Day of the Dead Party on Saturday night.  Wow, the costumes were awesome.  I'll post a couple below for your frightening entertainment.  It was fun and they even brought in an authentic New Orleans Second Line Band on Saturday night and we paraded around the hotel with horns blaring.  LOL.  If you don't know what that is -- I didn't really -- here is the definition:

Second line is a tradition in brass band parades in New Orleans, Louisiana. The "main line" or "first line" is the main section of the parade, or the members of the actual club with the parading permit as well as the brass band. Those who follow the band just to enjoy the music are called the "second line."

We took full advantage of exploring New Orleans by using the ON-AN-OFF-BUS that took us to all the places of interest.  The first day we just rode the bus and the second day we went back to places we wanted to visit.   You can take these busses in almost any large city and it is definitely the way to go.  You can find out so many things about places you visit and why not do on in your own city someday?  I bet we would all find out things we didn't know about.  All the tour guides (but one) were truly excellent.  Get your tickets early online and if you get the three-day pass you can get a discount to some points of interest.

 Here's the link:

https://www.tripshock.com/New-Orleans-Double-Decker-Hop-On-Hop-Off-Bus-Tours/details/1437/

Here is the lineup for Dance Xperience 2018 in New Orleans. This will be the same week as Mardi Gras. Those attending this year's event can register at the event. We will open up registration online for everyone else Tuesday April 25. We sold out in 4 days for 2017, don't hesitate if you want to come. —

ance Xperien e
New Orleans 201&
Feb. 15 - Sen. Feb 1', 201
Hilton New Orleans Airpo 01 Airline Dr. Kenner, LA 70062
10 of the World's Best Choreographers & the World's Best DJ are here for you!
a Nights of Dancing and 3 Full Days of Workshops!
Only $169 (U.S) Strict limitof 200 dancers! Don't wait!
For Info & Registrations:

HERE IS THE SCHEDULE OF DANCES TAUGHT:  There was no step book but I will try to let you know when dances are posted:

ance pertence ew
T vent Schedule v.
ans 2017
teach
10:ooam
10: CX)am
(X)am
1200 m
10:00am
Vou
Rachael
Fred
S.mon
Ria
Nie.•.
Ria
Simon
Rachael
Niels
Ria
Simon
Rachael
Fred
UR AY ri120 7
Re O n for 7:30 m tart
n for Danci
LET IT OUT ADV
LIKEAcowBOV 3 HIGH NC2
pms g NEEDLES
INT ROILING 8
FOOLING AROUND 32
WC
REFUND TO MY HEART 64 4 INTERMEDIATE WCS
now
gagroorn O en for Social Dancin
f O" Saturda
AT R
Re is trati Doors O n for Social Dana
WHEN vuslCHtTS
Iou) teach
LAD' IN RED
HIC H I NC2
INT AD ROLUNG8
FUNKY
SHE usEDTOBEMlNEw 96 2 AO WALTZ
CRIVIN- 322 HIGH INT
Bal I room
n for Soc.al
"Da of the Dead" Fa
- Second Line" Band
for Sunda S
SUNDAY r 23
17
R stratM' Doors O n Dana 10") teach
WITH THE UGHTSON
TAKING CARE OF YOU 32 2
32 4 INT ADV WCS
ROLLING 8
STRAIGHT TO ADV PASODOBLE
TBA w Rachael
TBA w Simon
YOU'RE MY REMEDY 48 a INTERMEDIATE WALTZ
til
O n for Social O anci
IOS.

There were NO BAD dances taught.   I'm not going to highlight dances because I really liked almost every dance.  I didn't take every class but I will see if I can get people to let us know which ones were their favorites.  I really think that most of these dances are going to be doing very well on the surveys.  Most were very do-able and also had great music.  I was truly disappointed I left on Sunday because they were all exceptional and I can't wait to get feedback on them.  If I were you, I would copy this list and check them all out.

HERE ARE SOME DAY OF THE DEAD EXAMPLES:  I can only post a few but there are a TON of photos and videos on Facebook on my page and also on lots of other people's pages so check them out.

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven
回覆所有人