World Line Dance Newsletter Sunday 8/16 PLEASE VOTE TODAY!!

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 16, 2015, 9:42:29 AM8/16/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
SUNDAY 8/16.  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE TODAY!!

UPDATES FROM WORLD DANCE MASTERS 2015

If you would like to see lots of videos from the event, Jessie Chan is posting them and has posted a lot of them.  It's a lot of work to do this so thanks for sharing, Jessie.
Go to youtube and put in 2015 WDM Jessie Chan or you cna use this link

*************************************
Subject:  line dancing in Hendersonville, NC
From:  Darla Moore

I have a dancer who will be in Hendersonville, NC for the winter and would like to find a line dance class in the area.  If anyone knows of classes or a place to dance in that area please

email me at djcha...@yahoo.com.  I am going to give my dancer the list that is on the newsletter but there doesn't appear to be any class that is near Hendersonville.  She might also

be interested in any workshops that are within 100 miles of that location.  Thanks for any help you can provide.  This newsletter is such a great source for line dance information.
*************************************
Subject: Polkas to line dance music
From:
time2li...@outlook.com

Can anyone suggest some beginner dances to  Polka Music?    Any replys  will be much   appreciated!.  Thank you.

Barbara
**********************
SUBJECT:  WORKSHOP TEACHES AT NIGHT
From:  Lou Ann Schemmel

I agree completely with the post yesterday.  Please, no dances taught at night.  We want to dance with our friends from all over the world and the choreographers.  We lose enough time

to raffles, shows, demos etc - we just want to dance at night, especially Thursday night, when we are all fresh, excited, and there are no workshop dances to be played which we might

not know (as on Fri and Sat night) and which we have to sit out.  If there must be a teach, please no more than 10 to 15 minutes.  THANKS!!
***********************************
SUBJECT:  Harvest Moon Line Dance Festival, West Kelowna (Westbank), BC, Canada, Sept 18-20
FROM:  Debra Birce –
de...@danceworx.ca, www.harvestmoonlinedancefestival.ca

For those living in the US, this is a wonderful opportunity to visit a beautiful area, enjoy great dancing, and save money!  That’s right, with the exchange rate being what it is, Canada is on

sale!  That means that right now you save over 30% on everything… workshop rates, hotel rates, food…. Everything!  The exchange rate currently sits at around 76%, which means for

every $100 Canadian, it costs you only $76 US dollars.

Harvest Moon Line Dance Festival takes place September 18-20 in West Kelowna (formerly known as Westbank).  Wineries and golf courses surround our venue for your non-dancing

companions during the weekend, and for you we have the lovely and talented Jo Thompson-Szymanski joining us.  Along with Jo, we have wonderful local instructors Claire Denney,

Ember Schira, Susan Clark, and Holly Gilligan.

The weekend kicks off Friday night with a couple of classes along with open dancing.  Saturday morning begins with a pancake breakfast, then classes during the day and more open

dancing at night.  We finish off Sunday with more class sessions, and review at the end of the day.  Lunch is included for Saturday and Sunday.

There are three classes running in each time slot on Saturday; Beginner, Intermediate, and an Ultra-Beginner room for those just starting out in dance.  The Ultra-Beginner room will have

dances that have no tags and no restarts, and a maximum of 32 counts.  Sunday will run with two rooms; Beginner and Intermediate.

West Kelowna (Westbank) is located near Kelowna BC, and is about four hours’ drive east of Vancouver BC, and approximately a six-hour drive from the Seattle area (or a one-hour

flight).

If you’re planning on attending, and have extra time, come early or stay a little extra at the end, as this area is absolutely beautiful in September.  While we have dozens of wineries and

numerous golf courses within a 30-mile radius of the venue, there is an endless supply of things to do, from walking/biking the famous Kettle Valley Trestles, to a drive/hike up Knox

Mountain for a view of Kelowna, to dozens of amazing places to eat, to taking a stroll along the waterfront on beautiful Okanagan Lake.  Apple season will be just getting underway as

well, and we have miles and miles of orchards.

For information on Harvest Moon, or to register, please have a look at our website (posted above), and if you have questions, don’t hesitate to send me an email.  As a side note, if you’re

looking to book a room for the event, the Holiday Inn is sold out, but we have a few rooms available at the Best Western Wine Country.  There are also numerous Bed and Breakfast

locations in the West Kelowna and Westbank area.  If you want more information on accommodations, please send me an email, and I’d be happy to help.  Look forward to seeing you at

Harvest Moon!
Subject: High-Beg. to Inter-Adv. Tuesday, Aug. 18th, Sunday Social Oct. 18th & The  After Tampa Classic Party Nov 9th

        We had a great class last Tuesday with three Birthday celebrations. Marilyn's, Neil's and Cheryl's and it was a fun night as always!

We will  be reviewing  the new ones taught, Do a wall of ones requested and possibly throw in a new one taught by Melanie This is a good time to come out and refresh yourself on some

dances! Chicago and Tampa are close.
       Don't forget our class is every Tuesday now! We are really excited about it and plan on getting  much more dancing in!

         We are pleased to announce that our after Tampa Classic Party is back Nov. 9th! Hope a bunch of you will make your flights to fly home on Tuesday so you can attend! We dance all

the dances we learned there plus others.

        Next Sunday Social is scheduled for  Oct. 18th so please mark your calendar! We already have a few Instructors planned!

                     1st Time Reviews:
          Sinner by Roy V & Roy H taught by Carol
           WTF by Joey W, Darren B,& Fred W taught by Lynda

                  Reviews from Social:
            Riversoul taught by Diane
            Foot Play taught by Ann
            Coming Unplugged taught by Lynda

We will be dancing Witness later in the night!

Reviews and/or now being danced:

Shut Up and Dance By Cody Flowers taught by Lynda
Beautiful Goodbye  by Michael Barr taught by MaryAnn
Honey, I'm Good by Brenna Smith taught by Ann
 Regressa Ruben Luna by Marilyn
Homegrown by Rachael taught by Ann
Tell The World By Robbie McGowan taught Sheri
Down To The Wire by Julia Wetzel taught by MaryAnn
Lay It Right by Scott taught by Sheri
Get It On By Daniel & Raymond taught by Lynda
Your Loving Arms by Vikki Morris taught by Lynda
Run by Scott B taught by Sheri
 I'm Ready by Amy Glass taught by Diane
Love Me Like You Do by Ria Vos taught by Ann
Girl Crush by Rachael & Allison J by Diane
Wakey Wakey by Scott Blevins taught by Liz
Shades of Passion by Rob Fowler taught by Carol
New Shades of Blue by Yvonne Anderson taught by Liz
Rock & Roll King by Rachael taught by Ann
Twisted Sister by Guyton taught by Sheri
Flip On The Lights by Ria Vos taught by Lynda
Yes by Simon & Jo T taught by Sheri
Cecilia by Willie Brown & Heather Barton taught by MaryAnn
Beneath It All by Amy Glass taught by Sheri
 Uptown Funk by Rob Fowler taught by Lynda
 Pull The Trigger by Scott taught by Sheri
 Just Be by Fred & Darren taught by Cheryl
 Rhythm of Love by Rob Fowler taught by Ann
 Breakin'  Me by Fred, Darren and Raymond taught by Cheryl
 Get Ready by Julia Wetzel taught by Liz
 Such a Fool by Neils Poulsen taught  by MaryAnn

   New Dances requested:
Don't Make me Suffer by Jose M, Sebastion Holtland, & Roy V
Don't Let The Sun Go Down by Neils P
Choka Choka by Ria, Tessa Jansen, & Vincent Versteegh
Little Liza Jane by Niels P
How Will I know by Rachael & Linda M
Bang by Rhoda Lai
Jesse James by Rachael
Shake It Off by Peter & Allison
They Call Me The Breeze by Teather-Palmer
Sugar Rush by Trevor Thornton
I Hate Myself by Guyton
See You Again by Guyton & Klara Wallman
Turn The Beat Around by Rob Fowler & Dee Musk
Make It Rain by Daniel T Fred & The Kinsers (at the top already)
Psycho by Jill B. & Guyton Mundy
The Way You Look by Darren, Fred & Raymond taught by Diane
Hypnotized by Darren, Fred and Raymond

Our class is a non profit class where anyone that wants to  teaches  and that makes it so much fun!
Thanks for all the support we continue to get year after year!
 For a list of all dances we taught in our class please email me!

             Studio Location:
             Bayou Dance Club
             6541 102nd Ave
             Pinellas Park, Fl
             33782

             630 open dance
            7:00 class Starts
           $8.00 for class
Snacks and water are always available

          Diane bpo...@tampabay.rr.com
          Carol tka...@aol.com
**************************
SUBJ:  Guyton & Jamie - Swingin' Line Dance Party,
Aug 28-30th.
The Great Wolf Lodge, Mason, OH
FROM:  Jamie & Barney Marshall -
thejamie...@att.net

Don't miss out on a great weekend of dancing, water and swing!  We are partnering up with Jason & Sophy Miklic with the opportunity of line dancing with Guyton and Jamie with a fun swing weekend.  Lots of other fun activities, like a HUGE water park, poker tournament, clothing exchange and more!  Only $89 for the weekend pass of lessons, step descriptions and Saturday night buffet and show...and lots of open dancing! Both ballrooms are open to dancers - you can take the west coast swing track and the line lessons.  Check out the Great Wolf Lodge and bring your family.  Make it a little mini vacation.  Kings Island amusement park is just a couple of "triples" away!  Email thejamie...@att.net for registration form or for details/questions! Additional event details at www.jasonandsophy.com.  Please help spread the word!
Thanks so much!
Jamie Marshall
**********************************
Subject: Third Annual Wild Roses Workshop and Social Dance (Ft Pierce, FL)
From: Wendie Smith (
in...@wildrosesfoundation.org)

Start making your plans and get your registrations in for our 3rd Annual Wild Roses Workshop on October 10, 2015 from 10am-4pm with instructors; Patrick Fleming, Trevor Thornton, Larry Bass & Marilyn McNeal.  This year's theme is Black & White so come dressed in your favorite little black dress or white hot jeans!

Early registration (by 9/10) is just $40 and includes the Friday night social, entrance to all workshops, lunch & the social Saturday night.  All events will take place at the beautiful River Walk Center in Fort Pierce where we will have a beginner room in addition to the regular room.  If you have never attended a workshop this is your chance!

Space is limited so go to www.wildrosesfoundation.org to REGISTER NOW.

This event is a fundraiser for the Wild Roses Foundation. All proceeds will support the foundation in addition a portion will be donated to The Inner Truth Project, a not for profit organization committed to changing the conversation and eliminating the shame and secrecy of sexual abuse, violence or rape. We believe that speaking our truth in a safe, accepting and healing environment is the first step on our journey forward.

Questions or notes please send to TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.
The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine.  Please be tactful. I do not endorse or guarantee any offers.or anything exchanged for money.
PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by 6 pm EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.
HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:
Please TYPE in:
SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things.. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help.

ADD YOUR EVENTS WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/wtd/usa.html or choose your country's form.
If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you can mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to my paypal account at tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com