World Line Dance Newsletter Tuesday 2/24

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 24, 2015, 9:18:40 AM2/24/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Tuesday 2/24 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE BY LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

SUBJECT:  BEGINNER LINE DANCE WORKSHOP, DANVILLE, VA ON MARCH 7

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Please join Sue Ann Ehmann and myself for a one-day beginner line dance workshop at the Ballou Rec Center, 760 West Main Street in Danville, VA.  The workshop is geared toward dancers who are already familiar

with basic line dance steps and terminology who want to learn fun, new dances ranging from  Ultra Beginner to High Beginner levels.   Workshop is from 10 to 5 with an hour break for lunch and open dancing from 4 to 5.  Registration is at 9:30.  Cost is $15  in advance; $18 at the door and includes a step booklet.   This will be a fun workshop with dances that will be new to you  and lots of review so you actually remember the dances when you leave.  Instructors, please come and learn some new dances to share with your classes!!

Please contact Cindy Jones at (434) 799-5216 to preregister or email her at jon...@ci.danville.va.us.  If you have any questions about the workshop itself, please email me.

******************************
 SUBJECT:  DANVILLE DANCE INVITATIONAL WITH JOEY WARREN, DANVILLE, VA, MARCH 13-15.

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Event director Harold Logan invites you to join guest instructor Joey Warren at the Danville Dance Invitational, Ballou Rec Center, 760 West Main Street in Danville, VA.  Instructor Bonnie Mathews will be sharing the teaching duties and Sue Ann Ehmann will be teaching you a dance or two as well.  Your dj for the weekend is Mary Kaye Johnson.  The level for the workshop is intermediate and above.  The event starts on Friday night with a "Meet & Greet"  upstairs at the Rec Center.  Cost is $5 and is from 7 to 10 p.m.   The workshop begins at 10 a.m. on Saturday and goes until 5 p.m.  (Registration  begins at 9:30 a.m.) The cost is $35 in advance or $45 at the door.   There will be a break for lunch and there are several restaurants across the street--or you may bring you own.  After dinner, we all come back and dance from 7 to 10 p.m.  Sunday is "anything goes" day with more advanced dances being taught then.  Time is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.  This is a very laid back, relaxed workshop and we always have a great time and learn some wonderful dances!!    Host hotel is The Comfort Inn & Suites, 100 Tower Drive, Danville.  Phone:  (434) 793-2000.  Must mention the Danville Dance Invitational for the $85 (+ tax) rate.

Please contact Cindy Jones at (434) 799-5216 to preregister or email her at jon...@ci.danville.va.us.  If you have any questions about the workshop itself, please to email me.
*****************************
 SUBJECT: Kickit Top 10 Lists for February 23, 2015
FROM:
rpro...@aol.com

All Kickit subscribers are invited to participate in 4 ongoing surveys.
The Top 10 results for each survey are shown here. (Due to ties, lists may show more than 10 dances.)
------------------------
Most Known
------------------------
 1 Come Dance With Me by Jo Thompson
 2 Tush Push by Jim Ferrazzano & Kenneth Engel
 3 Cruisin' by Neil Hale
 4 Electric Slide by Unknown
 5 Rio by Diana Lowery
 6 Watermelon Crawl by Sue Lipscomb
 7 Dizzy by Jo Thompson
 8 Wave On Wave by Alan G. Birchall
 9 (tie) Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
   Chill Factor by Daniel Whittaker & Hayley Westhead
------------------------
Favorite
------------------------
 1 Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
 2 Come Dance With Me by Jo Thompson
 3 Chill Factor by Daniel Whittaker & Hayley Westhead
 4 Dizzy by Jo Thompson
 5 Toes by Rachael McEnaney
 6 (tie) Heart Of An Angel by William Brown
   Rio by Diana Lowery
   Zjozzys Funk by Petra Van de Velde
 9 (tie) Cruisin' by Neil Hale
   I'm No Good by Rachael McEnaney
   Islands In The Stream by Karen Jones
   Tennessee Waltz Surprise by Andy Chumbley
   Wave On Wave by Alan G. Birchall
------------------------
Most Taught
------------------------
 1 Cecilia by William Brown & Heather Barton
 2 American Kids by Unknown
 3 Neon Light by Jill Weiss
 4 Dear Future Husband by Julia Wetzel
 5 (tie) Backroads Bump by Derek "Big Daddy" Steele
   Bullfrog On A Log by Cef Decaney
   Crocodile Roll by Ira Weisburd, Alison Johnstone & David Hoyn
   Double Shot Of Crown by Felicia Harris Jones
   River Bank by Gail Smith
10 (tie) Adaptable by Frank Trace
   All About That Bass by Gail A. Dawson
   Country Walkin' by Teree Desarro
   Drunk On A Plane by Lyndy & Dan Albro
   Fireball by Kate Sala
   Ghost Train by Kathy Hunyadi
   The Majestic by Frank Trace
   Rock & Roll King by Rachael McEnaney
------------------------
Most Danced
------------------------
 1 Cecilia by William Brown & Heather Barton
 2 Neon Light by Jill Weiss
 3 (tie) Crocodile Roll by Ira Weisburd, Alison Johnstone & David Hoyn
   Dear Future Husband by Julia Wetzel
   Love Repeats by Michele Burton
 6 (tie) Ah Si! by Rita Masur
   All About That Bass by Gail A. Dawson
   American Kids by Unknown
   Bullfrog On A Log by Cef Decaney
   Imelda's Way by Adrian Churm
   We Are Tonight by Dan Albro
 *************************
SUBJECT:  Celebrate Dance! Toronto  June 4-7, 2015
FROM:  Vivienne Scott

Hi everyone:

If you are still thinking about coming to join us in Toronto in June for Celebrate Dance!  do check out interviews with Ria, Niels, Peter & Alison and Vicky St. Pierre who taught at the event last summer.   They are on the website   https://celebratedance.wordpress.com/     They had a lot of fun and we’re sure you will as well.   One thing to note is that Robert has already had to add extra rooms to his room block so do book your room as soon as you can.  It is a lovely hotel with excellent facilities with a shuttle from the airport.

Robert always chooses the best and we are delighted to have a rosta of Internationally renowned Instructors to teach and have fun with you.

FROM UK/EUROPE

*NEVILLE FITZGERALD*   *JULIE HARRIS*   *DANIEL TREPAT*  *SHAZ WALTON*

FROM CANADA/US

*JILL BABINEC* *FRED BUCKLEY* *JUDY MCDONALD* * GUYTON MUNDY*
*JOHN ROBINSON* *VIVIENNE SCOTT* *DEREK STEEL* *JULIA WETZEL*

DJs:  JILL BABINEC, LYNN WARDEN, FRED BUCKLEY

See you on the Dancefloor!

Happy Dancin’!

Vivienne
Event Director
Celebrate Dance!
lineda...@hotmail.com
**************************
SUBJECT:  YOUR CHANCE TO BE A STAR!

Here's a great chance for you and/or your class to become video stars.
"Modern Romance" by Kate Sala is doing very well and the record label have become aware that Kate had chosen the track "Something To Die For" by Fiona Culley.
They have decided to start a competition and they are asking for anyone interested to upload clips to YouTube of themselves performing ‘Modern Romance’.
It is important to name the clip as follows ‘Something to Die For - Modern Romance (Kate Sala)’. A judging panel will select the best clips to be featured in the official video that will be released via YouTube on April 14th 2015.
The clip itself will be mixed by David Lopez-Edwards, who has worked with stars such as Take That and Kylie Minogue! You have until the 31st March to enter.
When we met the label here at the office, they were amazed as they realised how cool Line dance really is and this is a real chance to show the world's media what Line dance in 2015 is about.
All details are in link below and please take a moment to study what you need to do in order for your entry to be registered. Go to:
www.stabgroup.com/competition.htm
Then get filming guys... this could be great fun and make a big difference to our image and Line dance worldwide!
Link to the script: http://www.linedancermagazine.com/modern-romance.html
******************
Subject: Big D Bash from Heidi-gard...@yahoo.com

This past weekend was the Big D Bash in Dallas, Texas.  I have attended for many years and it just gets better each time I go.  There was an awesome choice of workshops, usually 3 an hour. Plenty of dances to relax and have fun with or to  stretch out your brain cells-your choice. There are chances to have lunch with a choreographer and then participate in the Saturday dinner show.   Kudos go to Sondra and Barbara for all the hard work they put into getting this event together each year.  Our fabulously fantastic instructors this year (in no particular order) were Joanne Brady, Guyton Mundy, Michael Barr, John Robinson, Michelle Burton, John Dembiec, Scott Blevins, and local instructor Judy Sides.  DJ Louie kept the music flowing in the main ballroom with John Dembiec providing music and readily playing requests for easier dances in the foyer dance area at night.  That meant almost everyone could dance most of the night.

If you haven't been in a few years you will want to give the event another try.  This was the 2nd year it was held at the fabulous Sheraton hotel and I didn't hear any stories about meeting shady characters in the elevators. Only 361 days until the next time I meet ya'll in Dallas.....not that I'm counting or anything.

aka Heidi

Dance is art.....let's paint the floor

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com