World Line Dance Newsletter Sunday PLEASE VOTE TODAY

TKA...@aol.com

Jun 26, 2016, 10:35:38 AM6/26/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

SUNDAY 6/26  PLEASE VOTE TODAY!

NOTE FROM ME:   I had a great time at Rachael's McEnaney-White's workshop yesterday with the energizer bunny.  LOL.   We learned some good dances.  She started off with JUDGE NOT, by Rachael McEnaney-White.  It's an easy beginner dance that any class could do.
Next was FUNK N FEEL IT (Int-Adv) by Rachael and Arjay Centeno.  48 counts, 4 wall, Funky West Coast Feel.  I liked this dance and the music.
ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC,  by Rachael.  44 counts, 2-wall improver.  Easy and peppy dance to fifties music that Rachael's dad loves!!
WOMAN UP by Rachael and Amy Christian, 48 counts, 4-wall Int.  Love the music by Meghan Trainor.  This one flowed well to the music.  Give it a look.
SHAKE THAT, Maddison Glover, 64 count, phrased.  I really enjoyed doing this dance.  Maddison will be at FITS so she will probably teach this one.  I think you're gonna like it.  I did.
PIECES, Dustin Betts (winner of the Int/Adv cateorty of the USLDCC at the Marathon.  I really enjoyed this one, too.  Int NC2.  If he competes at FITS be sure and check out his dances (as well as some other others).  There is some talented entries and I love watching the competition.
HOW COME THE WORLD WON'T STOP, by Rachael and Paul McAdam.  It was nice to review this classic dance from April of 2003.  Beautiful Music.

We had a great playlist to dance to all day long at the Whirl & Twirl Club that is always immaculate with a great floor and perfect temperature.  Sandy Albano and Diane Petosky as well as Donna Stretton and others were always there to help everyone with whatever they needed and the food, as always, was yummy (lasagna  -- even had veggie), salad, and garlic knots and water and soda.  You could bring your own drinks or buy something for just $1.  It was a great, fun day with all our Florida friends.  We are so, so lucky to live somewhere when, as I looked around the room, there were so many instructors there from all over the state who brought their students to enjoy the day and it just makes me happy to see how fortunate we are to live in a place where you have to find a spare minute to go to the workshop because we can do it every single weekend of the year. LOL.  Thanks so much, Rachael and everyone who helps make these workshops such a success.  The next one will be Sunday October 22nd and you can get the form on Rachael's site
www.dancewithrachael.com

Her latest DVDs include WHIP IT, BOYS LIKE YOU, SHOW ME YOUR MOVES, LOVING YOU TONIGHT, PAINTING PILLOWS, SHOTS WITH SOMEBODY, STRIP IT DOWN, WON'T TELL A SOUL and I'm sure you will be able to buy her latest at FITS.

See you soon on the dance floor, my friends.

SUBJECT:  I NEED SOME VOLUNTEERS TO KEEP TRACK OF DANCES AT FUN IN THE SUN.  ANY VOLUNTEERS?
FROM: Stacy J Garcia,
stacy...@gmail.com, www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
I will send you a list so you can check off most of them and just add the ones not included.
I need some volunteers to do playlist in the MAIN ballroom and the BEGINNER ballroom at the FUN IN THE SUN event (and if any of the DJs keep a list, perhaps you could send it to me to be posted on the site).   Thank you.

Stacy J Garcia
stacy...@gmail.com
World Line Dance Newsletter
www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

***********************************
SUBJ:  NEW WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT:  Trevor & Jamie at Cotton Eyed Joe on September 10th
FROM:  Jamie Marshall (
thejamie...@att.net)

Mark your calendars now for another great day at Cotton Eyed Joe in Knoxville, TN.  Only $35 for the entire day of lessons, lunch, step descriptions and admission to take over the floor that evening.  We might be saying "Bye Bye Summer" but the floor will be hot with some of today's latest line dances and new choreography being offered.  Email thejamie...@att.net for registration form and hotel details.  Space is limited, so don't miss out!  See you at the Joe!

Jamie Marshall
www.thejam...@att.net
www.ftwaynedanceforall.com
************************************
SUBJECT:  WHAT GEOFF & CELIA ARE TEACHING IN THE UK

Please remember to vote in the World Line Dance Newsletter Weekly Survey SUNDAYS (or before) BY 6 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME. List up to 8 of your current favorites and email to tka...@aol.com. Results will be posted Sunday evening. Keep a list of your votes and revise the list and it will only take a second to vote.
If you would like to receive the free daily newsletter, send a request to the same address and I'll add you. Last week's survey is at this link, as well as previous surveys.
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/survey.html
Thanks for taking a moment to vote. It really does help everyone have the opportunity to dance everywhere. I would especially appreciate having more int/adv dancers join in the survey so we have a broader range to dances featured.
**********************************
SUBJECT: A couple interesting new dances

Here are a couple more dances that caught my eye as they flowed past in the endless river of new line dance choreographies. If you are seeking something new, one of these might fit your needs.

The first appeared in late May. I thought it would be taught at the Marathon and be a big hit thereafter, but now it seems the choreographers were not instructors there. The title is Handclap (choreographed by Bracken Ellis & Brandon Zahorsky). It is a high intermediate phrased dance done to "Handclap" by Fitz & The Tantrums. The phrasing is similar to that of Cliche Lovesong, so if you like that dance, you'll probably like this one. Plus it has a really cool hook, from which it gets its title.

The second is new this week and is a beginner dance. The title is Misty (choreographed by Carrie Bauer). It is danced to "Misty" by Ray Stevens.

If you are teaching beginners, try Misty.
If your class is more advanced, try Misty and Handclap.

--

Peter Blaskowski
www.Kickit.to

NOTE FROM ME:  I haven't seen Misty but I agree with Hanclap.  I think this one is getting misswed.
***********************************
Subject: Reply to "Dancing in Parma, OH" - Sandy Schoenberger
From: Amy Auger
saturday...@yahoo.com

Yes, there is line dancing in and near Parma, OH!!  Just an overview of some places (sorry if I forget anyone), please feel free to contact me for more specific information.  Cleveland also has numerous locations for swing, latin and other partner dances, only 1/2 hour away!

Thursday evenings @ 7:00 at German Central, Parma - Meetup.com group info:
http://www.meetup.com/Modern-Line-Dancing-in-Parma/

I host weekly dances (high beginner to intermediate) on Wednesday nights in Elyria (about 40 minutes west) just off Rt 480 / Rt 10 & once-a-month dances on Saturdays in Avon (very beginner level).  Info on my website www.amyauger.com

Mary Harwood offers lessons in a variety of locations on the west side http://www.clevelandlinedancing.com/

If you are looking for the country bar atmosphere, Thirsty Cowboys is south off I-71.

And within/around an hour's drive you can get to dance nights (Painesville Township Park) and multiple lessons/locations with Dee Blansett, Tina Foster, & Sandy Goodman (northeast), and Frank Trace (south/southeast), and The Dusty Armadillo (southeast), and Gloria Stone (east 1 hour +).

Amy

Subject:  Dancing in Parma, Ohio????
From:  Sandy Schoenberger

I have a friend that’s going to be in Parma, Ohio for a couple of months and wants to line dance.  Told her I was sure I could find someplace to dance through Carol’s newsletter.  Hope someone out there can help me.
Many thanks,  Sandy
Subject: 7TH ANNUAL NATIONAL DANCE DAY - SATURDAY, JULY 23, 2016
From:
GAY...@aol.com

Hello All,

Here it is - The 7th Annual National Dance Day. We've had such a great time the last SIX years that we'll just keep doing it again and again.  We had over 200 participants dancing to all sorts of styles of dance.

This year we're doing Line Dancing with Ruth Goodstein, Soul Line Dancing with Dennis Mobley and his wonderful ladies and Broadway Jazz with Mary Segal Cook and Rhona Ross.  Chuck will be our DJ again this year.  We'll also be having demos of line dancing, Broadway jazz and Soul line dancing, to show you what we do in our classes.  This will give you a little breather between dancing.

The event will be held at the Mandel JCC (Jewish Community Center), 561 740-9000, located at 8500 Jog Road between Gateway and Le Chalet in Boynton Beach, on Saturday, July 23, 2016 from 1:30 - 4:30 PM.  Thank you JCC for your generosity in allowing us to hold this community event every year.  Flyer is attached.

All dancers and non-dancers come and join in the fun.  No partners needed.  Teachers bring your students and students bring your friends. All are welcome.

Doors will open at 1:00 PM.  All you need to do is go to the sign-in table in front of the gym, write your name and e-mail address and walk in and have a blast.  We'll have water and snacks in the hall.

ABSOLUTELY NO WATER OR SNACKS IN THE GYM!

There is NO CHARGE for this event.

When you sign in, please sign your name and e-mail address legibly. We'd love to reach each and everyone of you next year.

Check out the attachment of our beautiful flyer.

RUTHIE

DANCE AS IF NO ONE IS WATCHING

Ruth Goodstein
561 740-1525 home
561 251-0145 cell

Questions or notes please send to TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.
The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine.  Please be tactful. I do not endorse or guarantee any offers.or anything exchanged for money.
PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by 6 pm EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.
HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:
Please TYPE in:
SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things.. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help.

ADD YOUR EVENTS WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/wtd/usa.html or choose your country's form.
If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you can mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to my paypal account at tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com