World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 8/5 Please remember to vote

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 5, 2016, 10:09:00 AM8/5/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
FRIDAY 8/5
*************************
THIS IS A DICTATED NOTE FROM ARLINE WINERMAN THIS MORNING TO EVERYONE
I wanted to thank Carol Craven for letting everybody know about me in the newsletter.  I wanted to thank my guardian angel, Dallas, for "everything."  I want to thank my special angels Robin, Barbara, Julia for finding me June 30th, and I want to send a million thanks to Line Dance Foundation for their support.  I want to send love and thanks to all my dance friends for the thoughts, the prayers, visits, cards, gifts and love all this time and special thanks to Sandy Schoenberger and Bill Beckett and Phyllis Poierer for doing my classes and just want everybody to know I love you and HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!

NOTE FROM ME:  She wasn't feeling well at all this morning but wanted to send this note.  They finally started her on an antibiotic and she has an appointment with her doctor on Tuesday.  Dallas will be meeting her at the doctor's office.  Her wound still has not closed and she is in a lot of pain.  Why they didn't start the antibiotic sooner, don't ask.  If you would like to send her a card, here is the address:

ARLINE WINERMAN
Lexington Health & Rehab Ctr.  Room 305B
6300 46 Th Ave N, Kenneth City, FL  33709

************************
SUBJECT:  STACY HAS UPDATED THE WHERE TO DANCE PAGES
.  If you have a class or had a class, please look at the list for your area and fill out the little form on the RH side of the page and Stacy will add, delete, or change your information.  These are the places she updated recently but there are lists for Europe, Australia, etc., so be sure your classes are listed so when people move or travel they can find them.  Clubs don't usually get the newsletter so if you know of clubs in your area, please check and if they aren't listed, if you could add them with contact info, that would be great.  It is LOT of work for Stacy to keep these lists updated and she can't do it without your help so even if you don't teach, please check in your area to be sure the information is correct.  Thanks, Carol Craven

WHERE TO DANCE PAGES NOW UPDATED!!!

http://www.swingfling.com/

Asia:
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/wtd/asia.html

Africa:
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/wtd/africa.html

**************************
SUBJECT:  LET'S DANCE DAY - Aug. 6th - Orlando, Fl.
FROM:  Lindy -
lindysda...@gmail.com  407-721-5106     www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com

Saturday, Aug. 6th is our next LET'S DANCE DAY!!  Come dance with us and bring your friends.  We have four hours of dancing (from 12 noon to 4 p.m.)  We dance 2 beginner then 2 intermediate/adv. and plenty of floor splits, all day. There are some new fun dances on the playlist, plus lots of our old fav's.  :-)   Be sure to bring your own water/soft drinks, lunch, and/or snacks.  If you want a copy of the playlist to follow on Let's Dance Day, please print one and bring it along, tho I will make a few copies.  It is on my website also  - www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com  (There are flyers on there too if you need some for your classes). 😁

The Aug 6th playlist is on the website now, so you will have time to brush up on those you need brushing up on before Aug. 6th!!  I try to get it on there about 2-3 weeks before LDD.

LDD is all about having fun with friends.  We almost always have two dances going to each song. (usually beginner in back and intermediate in front)...(that's just how the floor works out).  If you think you might know the dance and discover that you don't, not to worry, just turn in the same direction as others and smile....no one will know what you did with your feet as they are too worried about their own feet!!! lol  If I see a beginner dance being done that I didn't have on my list, I may ask you what it is so that I can add it on.

LDD will be at the Beardall Sr. Center at 800 Delaney Ave., Orlando 32801.  This is a big brick 3 story building at the corners of Delaney Ave, Gore St. and right off Orange Ave.  There is parking all the way around the building, (and at the bank next door as well), but use the handicapped door on the Gore St. parking lot side to enter the building as the other doors are locked on weekends.  It has a brown 'WELCOME' awning over it.  We dance in the ballroom on the 2nd floor and there is an elevator!!

Since we are finished at 4, you will have time to go to dinner and then go to your other favorite dance place and dance all night too!  Your feet will be sooooo happy ....and we love for our feet to be happy!💕👣

We now have confirmed dates for LDD's for the rest of the year:
Aug. 6
Sept. 3
Oct. 8
Nov. 12
Dec. 10

My 👣 hope to see yours at any/all LDD's and other classes, socials and workshops we can get to.  :-)

NOTE FROM ME:  Hope to see some of you there tomorrow.
**************************
SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA DANCE-A-THON (DANVILLE, VA) WITH DANCIN' DEAN-SEPTEMBER 9-11, 2016
FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (
linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Event director Harold Logan invites you to join him for the fall Southside Virginia Dance-a-thon.  The level for this event is intermediate and above.  Dancin' Dean is new to our weekend workshop and will be joining regular instructors Bonnie Mathews and Sue Ann Ehmann, who will be teaching you one of her newest dances.  As always, our dj is the incomparable Mary Kaye Johnson. We promise you a relaxed, fun-filled two days and nights of new teaches, open dancing and socializing with friends.  Come join us for the  "Biggest Little Event" ever!!

The weekend begins with a Friday night "meet & greet" dance from 7 to 11 ($5) which will be held at The Pepsi Building, 661 Craghead Street, Danville.   If you need directions to The Pepsi Building, please email Cindy Jones with Danville Parks & Rec at jon...@danvilleva.gov.

The Friday night dance is all request--and I mean ALL REQUEST!!  You ask for it, Mary Kaye plays it.   Saturday and Sunday are at the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street in Danville.  Saturday begins with sign-in and registration at 9:30 with some dancing as well.  Classes start at 10 and end at 5, with an hour or so lunch break and open dancing in between teaches--again, all request.  Lots of restaurants in walking distance or bring your lunch.  If requested, Mary Kaye will put a playlist on during lunch so you can decide whether you want to dance or eat or do both!!   We break for dinner and come back at 7:00 for 4 more hours of open dancing and review (if that is  requested).  Sunday we come back from 9:30 to 1:30 with the most difficult, anything goes dances reserved for that morning.

The cost of the weekend is just $40 in advance or $45 at the door on Saturday morning.  The host hotel is the Comfort Inn & Suites on Tower Drive (434-793-2000).  Mention the Southside Virginia Dance-a-Thon for their special rate of $85 + tax per night--includes breakfast.   To find out about preregistration, please call/email Cindy Jones with the Center--434-799-5216 or jon...@danvilleva.gov.  If you have any questions about the event itself, please email me.
***************************

From:  Norma Brooksville FL nerb...@tampabay.rr.com
Subject:  Line Dancing at Brookridge

We had several “Newbys’ today and hope they’ll love line
dancing as much as we do, and come back!!  We invite any
Beg to Improver dancer, to come join us any Thursday!!
Or come to Int. Class on Tuesday from 11 AM –1:00 PM @ $6

Beginner Class 8/4/16  9:00-10:00 AM @ $3

1.  Electric Slide /  Ric Silver
2.  Kansas City / Choreo unknown
3.  Bullfrog On A Log / Cef Dellaney
4.  Lipstick, Powder & Paint / Steve & Clair Rutter
5.  Country As Can Be / Suzanne Wilson
6.  Rockin’  The Wagon Wheel / Jamie Marshall
7.  Old Bones / Linda Oates

High Beginner/ Improver 8/4/16 10:00-11:15 AM @ $3

1.  Chocolate Melon / Larry Bass
2.  Frankie Fever / Maddison Glover
3.  Under The Moon of Love / Rachael  McE-White 2nd week
4.  Gypsy Queen / Hazel Pace
5.  Uptown Funky / Jill WEiss
6.  Stop Staring At My Eyes / Neils Poulsen
7.  Lay Low / Darren Bailey
8.  Until The Dawn / Gary Lafferty

Reminder:  The Brookridge Hall will be closed the week  of
                    8/22/16, for maintenance!
Our Social is Saturday, 8/13/16, 6:30 to 9:30 PM, @ $5

Need more info on what’s happening here, just e-mail or
call (352) 397-6088...........Norma

~dance ‘til you drop

************************
SUBJECT:  SWING FLING, WASHINGTON, DC AUGUST 11TH-14TH 2016

http://www.swingfling.com/
*********************************
Subject: West Coast Wednesdays for August!!
From:
tampafl...@gmail.com

What- West Coast Classes

When- Every Wednesday in August
Where- Bayou Dance Club 6541 102nd Ave N Pinellas Park

So excited to be doing West Coast Wednesdays for the month of August!! Class in session Aug 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th!!
Aug 31st will be our end of the month WCS Social!!!

Schedule
6:30 FREE Beg
7-7:30- Novice $5
7:30-7:45 Practice/Open Dancing
7:45-8:30- Intermediate $10
8:30-9:30- Social Party

The Beg and Novice classes will focus on basics and beyond and the intermediate class will focus on theory and technique applied to specific patterns!!

Hope to see you there!!
Danielle
dbdance.net
*******************************
SUBJECT: Dancin' with Marilyn, Ocala, FL
FROM: Marilyn McNeal,
BoarsN...@aol.com

As we enter the month of August, enduring this unbearable heat here in Florida, we want to remind you of our
October 15, 2016, LINE DANCE PARTY/SOCIAL/FUNDRAISER for those who in any way, have been touched by Cancer, or cared/supported/prayed for someone touched by Cancer.  This day includes EVERYONE, dancer/spectator/worker bee!

This Line Dance event is not a workshop, but instead, a day of dance, fellowship, laughter, home-cooked food, and lots of raffles.  ALL of the money raised will be donated to 3 worthy agencies:  Hospice of Marion County, HUGS of Ocala, and Michelle-O-Gram of Dunnellon. These 3 agencies, in various ways, care for and support Cancer victims and their families.

Your entry fee includes donuts and coffee in the morning, Ray's famous barbecue lunch with all the trimmings, your donation to the above mentioned agencies, PLUS an awesome gift bag of cool things, including your first 10 raffle tickets for our 20+ amazing, innovative baskets, (but we hope you will buy more tickets when you see what's IN those baskets). The 50/50 drawing will be a separate offer.

If you are a Cancer Survivor, please check the box on the registration form.

If you wish to make a gift card donation (stores, restaurants, movie tickets etc.), or a specialty item (new), please send it to me soon. All donations will be noted on the “Thank You” list!  Any additional monetary donations made that day or before, can be made out to any of the above mentioned agencies, or to me to be put in the fund for each one.

If you’ve lost someone to Cancer and would like their picture on our Memory Board, please send to me in advance if you can. You can bring it on event day, but I’m trying to make the board special and before event day. Remember to put their name on the back and any other information you wish to share. Then take your picture home with you at the end of the day.

Ray and I, along with our volunteer team are planning a great party from 10AM – 4:30 PM and hope you can attend.  For those staying in Ocala, the After-Party at our Barn starts at 7PM. Dance more, eat some more, etc. etc.  And PLEASE PRAY for a cool, dry weather weekend!

If you stay overnight, we recommend any of the great variety of hotels on SR 200 in Ocala, but not on SR40 or 27.  If you have a motor home or a tent (LOL), you can park at our place. I will send out to all registrants, a direct route map to the Marion County Livestock Pavilion Hall and to our home from SR 200. It’s a 10-15 minute ride from SR 200 to both locations.

All the information is on our website at www.Rhythm-in-my-soles.com.  This weekend just happens to be the 3 year mark of my own Breast Cancer surgery.  I’m well aware of the effect of the words “it’s cancer.” Our theme is simply to CELEBRATE LIFE and our message is to enjoy the blessings of each day given to us!

We hope this party makes you happy. We hope your remember it with feelings of thankfulness for our many friendships, old and new.  We hope for good health and God’s grace for ALL of you.  Let’s Celebrate!

Ray and Marilyn

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.