World Line Dance Newsletter Saturday 8/6

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 6, 2016, 7:51:51 AM8/6/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
SATURDAY.  I'm off to Lindy Bower's Dance Day soon.  Hope to see you there.  I even remembered my name tag for once.  LOL.
*****************
SUBJECT:  UPDATE ABOUT ARLINE WINERMAN
FROM:  DALLAS P.

Friday 8/5/16 Update:  Ran in and saw Arline for a brief moment.  She was in pt so I didn't stay long.  They started her on a broad spectrum antibiotic until they see what the culture shows.  She will be seeing her surgeon at 315 Tuesday afternoon and I will meet her at the doctors office.  She is very strong mentally and if we can get that incision issue resolved I think she will make progress very quickly.  I will see her again Sunday and post an update at that time.//Dallas

NOTE FROM ME:  Arline would also like to thank Peggy Steelman for helping anywhere and any time.  I forgot to add that yesterday.

***********************
SUBJECT:  THELMA & LOUISE'S GREAT ADVENTURE TO THE WORLD DANCE MASTERS (YOU MAY KNOW THEM AS JENNIFER CAMERON AND LAURA BRIEG.) Day 1.

They are off to the big party over the pond.  Jen is going to send updates along the way.  If you are on Facebook you can see updates with photos.  LOL.  They made it to the airport in Miami but Laura forgot one thing -- her passport.  Thank goodness she has children because one of them rushed it to her so she could get on the plane.  They are now in Atlanta at 5:52 p.m. Florida time and will fly all night and arrive there in the morning.  Jen, of course, has done a detailed itinerary of the trip but I will let her surprise you with the things they have planned.  Safe travels, girls, and stay out of trouble.  Look out, World Dance Masters, they are going to be there in a few days.  LOL

UPDATE:  They made it to London and, after a long wait, through customs.  Now on to catching the train and sightseeing in London.  Hope they got some sleep!
***********************************
SUBJECT:  LET'S DANCE DAY - Aug. 6th - Orlando, Fl.  TODAY
FROM:  Lindy -
lindysda...@gmail.com  407-721-5106     www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com

If you don't get emails from me (and WANT to), please email me and I will add you to my list.  If you want to be removed from my email list, just let me know that too.

Saturday, Aug. 6th is our next LET'S DANCE DAY!!  YEA!!!  Come dance with us and bring your friends.  We have four hours of dancing (from 12 noon to 4 p.m.)  We dance 2 beginner then 2 intermediate/adv. and plenty of floor splits, all day. There are some new fun dances on the playlist, plus lots of our old fav's.  :-)   Be sure to bring your own water/soft drinks, lunch, and/or snacks.  If you want a copy of the playlist to follow on Let's Dance Day, please print one and bring it along, tho I will make a few copies.  It is on my website also  - www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com  (There are flyers on there too if you need some for your classes). 😁

The Aug 6th playlist is on the website now, so you will have time to brush up on those you need brushing up on before Aug. 6th!!  Let me know if I missed any duplicates.  😱

LDD is all about having fun with friends.  We almost always have two dances going to each song. (usually beginner in back and intermediate in front)...(that's just how the floor works out).  If you are trying to pick the dance up on the floor, please do so along the outside edges so you don't trip someone else - or yourself.  While being in the middle is the best place if a dance is being taught, it is NOT best if you are just trying to pick it up on the fly.  👣  If I see a beginner dance being done that I didn't have on my list, I may ask you what it is so that I can add it on.

LDD will be at the Beardall Sr. Center at 800 Delaney Ave., Orlando 32801.  This is a big brick 3 story building at the corners of Delaney Ave, Gore St. and right off Orange Ave.  There is parking all the way around the building, (and at the bank next door as well), but use the handicapped door on the Gore St. parking lot side to enter the building as the other doors are locked on weekends.  It has a brown 'WELCOME' awning over it.  We dance in the ballroom on the 2nd floor and there is an elevator!!

Since we are finished at 4, you will have time to go to dinner and then go to your other favorite dance place and dance all night too!  Your feet will be sooooo happy ....and our feet love to be happy!💕

We now have confirmed dates for LDD's for the rest of the year:
Aug. 6
Sept. 3
Oct. 8
Nov. 12
Dec. 10

My feet hope to see yours at any/all LDD's and other classes, socials and workshops we can get to.  :-)

LET'S DANCE
Lindy
lindysda...@gmail.com
Subject: NTA Schedule at Dancin’ Up a Storm Event, August 11-14, 2016

From: Debra Cleckler – NTA Dance Committee - de...@cleckler.com

It’s not too late to plan your NTA Dance Fundamentals training at DUAS in Kansas City next weekend, August 11 -14, 2016.  We will be offering Dance Fundamentals I through V, School Figures I-A as well as some great specialty classes.  www.ntadance.com  Testing (if desired) by appointment during the weekend.  We have an Accreditation Certificate with “Your Name” on it!

Check out our NTA schedule starting Thursday night for your convenience:

Thursday Night 7-9pm

DF I in Salon A – Debra

Friday: 7-8:50am

DF I – Heather Salerno

DF II – Debra Cleckler

DF III – Mike Salerno

Friday - Salon A

9:55-10:45am - New Teacher’s Class – Debra

10:50-11:40am - New Dancer’s Orientation – Debra

2:20-3:10pm - Choreographer’s Class - Debra

3:15-4:05pm -  Body Isolations, Rolls and Ripples – Heather

Saturday: 7-8:50am

DF II – Mike salerno

DF III – Heather Salerno

DF IV – Debra Cleckler (all the various dance styles including the music for each a must for choreographers!)

Saturday – Salon A

9:30-Noon - Testing

1:25-2:15pm - Dance Health and Fitness – Heather

2:20-4:05pm - DF V (Music) – Mike

4:10-5:00pm – SF I-A Review - Heather

Sunday: 8-10am

DF IV with Debra (all the various dance styles including the music for each – a must for choreographers!)

Review or “By demand” with Mike and Heather
*****************************
Subject:  Autumn in New Hampshire with SCOTT BLEVINS
From: Heather Davis

Please join us October 21 and 22, 2016 for a workshop with SCOTT BLEVINS at the Brookline Event Center, 32 Proctor Hill Road, Brookline (Nashua) NH!

It's only 2 months away!

Evening dance on Friday, workshop on Saturday, followed by an evening dance.  Easy intermediate to advance dances.  Bring your lunch.  Beverage and snacks available for purchase at the hall.   Workshop is $40 before October 8.  Dances $10.

Our event hotel is the Hampton Inn Nashua, 407 Amherst St., Nashua. (603)883-5333.  $129 before Sept 22.  Free breakfast, wifi, micro and fridge.  Restaurants nearby.  Online code D2R or ask for Scott Blevins workshop by phone.  Register early as Fall in New England is a busy hotel time.

Registration and more info at www.DeniseBrault.com
******************************
Subject: NASHVILLE DANCE VACATION WITH JOHN ROBINSON!
From:
DebDodd...@aol.com

Join HOST John Robinson and TEAM of Dance Instructors for our
Boot Scootin' Dance Vacation in Music City- NASHVILLE!!
DATE: 9/21-9/25 2016
PLACE: 4 Nights/MILLENNIUM HOTEL-Nashville
VENUE: TWO Dance Rooms/Floors-BALLROOM
DANCE: Line Dance and Pattern Partner
INCLUDED: Dance Activity Pass/Full HOT Breakfast/Wi-Fi/Parking/Airport Transfer/Grand Ole Opry!
OTHER: Dance HOP to local HOT SPOTS Downtown Nashville with Dance Hosts/OPTIONAL Tours
INSTRUCTORS: John Robinson/Barb and Dave Monroe/Danielle-Line Dance 4 You/Leslie Wohlers
Dance Lessons, Social Dances, Pool Party, Dance HOP Downtown Nashville, Grand Ole Opry...this package has it all and GREAT PRICE $675 per person/DBL OCC.
WEBSITE: http://www.danceacrosstheseas.com/NASHVILLE_TRIPS.html
CONTACT: Deb Dodd/DATS Travel 401 398 2377 or DebDodd...@aol.com
DEADLINE: 8/21/16 Limited Rooms available

Deb Dodd
President-DATS Travel dba Dance Across The Seas
Specialty Group Manager Since 2001

3970 Post Rd Suite 2A
Warwick, RI 02886
401 398 2377 Office
(1) 401 824 1141 Fax
www.DanceAcrossTheSeas.com
FACEBOOK: Deb Dodd (Warwick, RI)
FACEBOOK: DATS Travel
TWITTER: @DATSTravel
********************************
SUBJECT:  OCTOBER 22ND WORKSHOP
FROM:  RACHAEL MCENANEY

Just a little reminder about my workshop in Orlando on Saturday October 22nd at the Whirl and Twirl dance hall   :-)

Early registration closes in less than 3 weeks and it is already at 50% sold.  If you plan on attending please get your registration to me as soon as possible: http://dancewithrachael.com/Dance_with_Rachael_McEnaney/Orlando_October_Workshop.html

Full day of dance includes step books, hot Italian lunch, free parking and free entrance to the Barn that evening for those that can handle MORE dancing ;-)

Looking forward to seeing you all there, if not before.

Happy dancing x

Rachael

www.dancewithrachael.com
dancewit...@gmail.com
+1 407-538-1533

Rachael McEnaney - White
Instructor/Choreographer/Performer/Judge/Coach.
4 time World Champion, 7 time Choreographer Of The Year,
9 time Instructor Of The Year, 5 time Personality Of The Year

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.