World Line Dance Newsletter Thursday 2/16 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 16, 2017, 9:08:16 AM2/16/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Thursday 2/16

RE:  Line Dance Showdown, Quincy MA, March 30th - April 2nd

FROM:  JC Dance Productions, Inc

Showdown Logo

The cutoff for early registration for the Line Dance Showdown is February 20th.   Please be sure to have your registration post-marked by then or register online by then or register online at:  https://squareup.com/store/jc-dance-productions-inc

Please visit our website for more information at:  wwww.JCDanceProductions.com

=

***********************

SUBJECT:  WHAT MAURICE ROWE IS TEACHING AT THE ROUNDUP IN TAMPA

This week at The Round Up in Tampa

Thursday

1. Body Like a Backroad by Lauren

2. Girls Like by Neville & Julie

3. Pink Champagne by Rachel

Friday & Saturday

1. Body Like a Backroad by Lauren

2. Shape of you by Gary

3. Blue Ain't Your Color by Roy & Jose

Class is 7-9pm. See you all on the dance floor at The Round Up Maurice

*********************************

SUBJECT:  DANCES THIS WEEK

FROM: BIG DAVE

Hi all,

Taught two this week which I mentioned earlier this week - Teaches from other events :

From our Sutton Sunday - A big hit teach at the CBA's  .....

-Dig Your Heels (Maddison Glover) - Awesome funky phrased country

From our Hinckley Newline Saturday - A big hit out of Will's Charlotte Big Bang Dance Classic .....

-Chase That Dollar (Dustin Betts) - Awesome funky phrased pop

Also a cool brand new one to a cover of 'Old Time Rock & Roll' by Michael Bolton with the early-birds .....

-Funky Sole (Robbie & Karl) - 64/4 Easy Intermediate - A beaty/traditional/mainstream pop Cha

And with the late-birds we nailed an awesome dance I saw first in Vegas back in November & could tackle now that the sheet is out .....

-One Reason (Guyon, Roy & Fiona) - 64/4 Easy Intermediate - A classy Newline style Nightclub in the Sound Of Silence league

We also recapped a bunch -  Dee's easy/cool Improver Moo Dee Blues, Robbie/Jef's catchy Two-Step You Belong, Darren's funky pop Wants & Needs, Rachael's funky West Coast Pink Champagne, Scott's funky West Coast The Anthem & from our New Year Bash with N&J, two great funky Nightclubs Waiting For Me & Doing What I Like .............. Need to get back to A&P's Young Forever & Gary's Love Remains next week - And no doubt new ones from Maggie & Gary from our Just Dance weekend in Port Talbot this weekend - We've awesome crowd coming - Thank you all for your support & see you there :-)

Dave

*****Come & dance with us at one of our 2017 Xmas Party weekends - Our Alamo Blackpool Xmas Special 17th-19th November with Gary O'Reilly & JP Madge (A Xmas In Ireland) or our Let's Party Tynemouth 8th-10th December with Karl & Jamie - Or both !! :-)

=== Events : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/EventFlyersBookingForms.html

=== VIP's : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/JoinVIP.htm

===www.bigdavegastap.com

07868-424587 (Pauline/Booking Line)

Dave Baycroft

48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington Station, Northumberland, NE22 5YS

******************************

SUBJECT:     FRIDAY NIGHT DANCE SOCIAL with SCOTT BLEVINS

WHERE:        Deerfield Beach, FL

DATE:           Friday 2/24/17, 7 – 10 pm

FROM:          Betsy Courant (egc...@aol.com)

Come join us as we welcome Scott Blevins to South Florida, starting off Friday night with our dance social, open to everyone.  NOTE this is strictly open dancing, no lessons taught.

WHEN:             Friday 2/24/17   from 7 – 10 p.m.

WHERE:           Shall We Dance Studios (2nd floor), 600 S. Federal Highway, Deerfield Beach, FL

COST:              $10.00 pay at the door

 Please feel free to contact me at egc...@aol.com with any questions you may have.

Betsy

SUBJECT:     Scott Blevins Annual Line Dance Workshop and Dance Social

                               **  ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT , DANCE UPDATE **

WHERE:        Deerfield Beach, FL

DATE:           Saturday 2/25/17

FROM:          Betsy Courant (egc...@aol.com)

We’ve just a little over a week away from our 4th annual workshop and dance social with international award-winning choreographer & dance instructor Scott Blevins. WE STILL HAVE A FEW SPOTS LEFT SO IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND GET YOUR REGISTRATIONS IN RIGHT AWAY!

Scott has confirmed that among the 5 dances he will be teaching are his new dance The Anthem, his classic No Regrets and Chunky by Caroline Pillar.

WHEN:             DANCE WORKSHOP from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. (lunch included) AND

                        DANCE SOCIAL from 7 - 10 p.m. (registered dancers only)

WHERE:           Shall We Dance Studios (2nd floor), 600 S. Federal Highway, Deerfield Beach, FL

COST:              $60.00 for Saturday workshop and Saturday night dance social

Workshop includes: lunch, stepsheet book, bottled water & snacks.  Since this is a private studio you are free to bring your own drinks and snacks as well.

Please feel free to contact me at egc...@aol.com for a registration form, to be added to my email list or with any questions you may have.   Hope you can join us!!

Betsy

 ***********************************

SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA DANCE-A-THON, February 24-26, 2017 (Danville, VA)

FROM: Bonnie Mathews, linedan...@nc.rr.com

Join us for the first of three 2017 intermediate/advanced level Dance-A-Thons in Danville, VA on February 24-26.  Event director Harold Logan invites you to join instructors Bonnie Mathews, Sue Ann Ehmann, Andi Earls and Brenna Stith for a fun-filled weekend.  We begin on Friday night from 7 to 11 with an all request dance party ($5) djed by the one-and-only Mary Kaye Johnson.  This will be held at the Pepsi Building.  The workshop begins on Saturday morning at The Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street (registration starts at 9:30) and runs from 10 to 5, with a break for lunch.  We dance that night at Ballou from 7 to 11 and return Sunday from 9:30 to 1:30 for more classes.  Cost for the weekend is $30 in advance or $35 at the door.  Saturday only is $25.  The host hotel is The Comfort Inn & Suites, 100 Tower Drive in Danville.  Phone:  434-793-2000.  They have given Harold a special rate of $75 per night, plus tax.  To preregister, call Cindy Jones at Ballou--434-799-5216.  Her email is:  jon...@danvilleva.gov.  If you have any questions about the event itself, please contact me at the above email address.

The summer workshop will be June 23-25 and the last one for the year will be September 8-10.  Dancin' Dean will be our guest instructor for both weekends.

On behalf of Harold, Cindy and all the other instructors, we hope you can join us and look forward to seeing you soon.

 *******************************

 SUBJECT:  Line Dancing in Bali?

I have a dancer who will be in Bali for the next several weeks.  She’s wondering if there are any classes in Ubud and Penestanan.

Thank you so much for any help.

Janet Martin

cedar...@bell.net

 *****************************

SUBJECT:  LINE AND PATTERN PARTNER DANCE PARTY IN ASHEVILLE, NC

FROM:  denna....@gmail.com

Come join us for our Monthly Line and Pattern Partner Dance Party in Asheville, NC at the Asheville Ballroom.

The date of the event is:

Friday, February 17, 2017;    7pm -10pm

Teach from 7-7:30pm; Open Dancing until 10pm

Come join us for a fun evening of Line and Pattern Partner Dancing..........Lots of great dancing with great folks!!!!

Host - Denna Yockey

The Asheville Ballroom is located at 991-B Sweeten Creek Road, Asheville, NC

website: www.ashevilleballroom.com (for directions)

If you have any questions, please contact me via email......

denna....@gmail.com

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven