World Line Dance Newsletter Tuesday 1/23 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

Carol Craven

Jan 23, 2018, 9:08:16 AM1/23/18
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.

Tuesday 1/23

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.  If you join on the World Line Dance Newsletter Google Group site, please choose "all mail" for delivery.  You will only get mail from me.

Do you want to scan the newsletter faster?  I always put the word, SUBJECT, before each post.  Just do a search for that word and you can skip from topic to topic quickly and read what you are interested in reading.

******************************'

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

NOTE FROM ME:  Some people have signed up for the newsletter by going directly to the Google Group and signing up there instead of just asking me to add them.  If so, and if you are not receiving the newsletter, you probably chose the wrong mail delivery setting.  If you let me know I will change it so you can get the newsletter via email rather than having to go to the site to read it.   If you do go there to sign up, choose "all mail" as the delivery setting.  You will only receive mail from me because others are not allowed to post to the group.

SUBJECT:  Our World Event Calendar 2018 & 2019 has been updated

FROM: Stacy J Garcia, S

tacyJ...@gmail.com

http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event-calendar.html

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR UPCOMING EVENT(S)

Please fill out information below and email me, Stacy J Garcia: Stacy...@gmail.com

*************************************

SUBJECT: 2018 UCWDC WORLDS Main Ballroom Playlist

FROM: Stacy J Garcia, stacy...@gmail.comhttp://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event-playlists.html

Many thanks to Christopher Gonzalez for providing the playlist of the open dances in the Main Ballroom!!!

Here is the DIRECT link to the 2017 UCWDC WORLDS Main Ballroom playlist on PDF:

http://www.goo.gl/yvtGEQ

**NOTE: If you have a playlist from an event OR if you would like to volunteer in the Event Playlist, please contact Stacy at Stacy...@gmail.com.

*****************************

Subject: High-Beg, to Inter.-Adv.  LINE DANCE CLASS

REMINDER, WE ARE NOT HAVING CLASS TONIGHT!  We will see you NEXT Tuesday.  Thanks.

Studio location:

Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Ave

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com

Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com

***************************

SUBJECT: Intermediate Line dance class – Tampa, Florida.  Wednesdays at 6:50pm to 8:55pm

FROM: Lynda Licht (lyndali...@gmail.com) Facebook page:  Line Dance with Lynda

Wednesday from 6:50pm-8:55pm ROY HAYNES Hillsborough County Rec Center - 1902 S Village Ave, Tampa, FL 33612 (813) 903-3480 (just 3 lights west off Fletcher Ave exit on I-275, turn left onto Rome). Cost $ 4.

For Wednesday 1-24-18

  1. New teach:  My Heart is in Havana (Mather)
  2. 1st Review:  3 Rules (Richard, Snook)
  3. 2nd Review:  Hurts Like a Cha Cha (Whitehouse, Trepat, Ward)
  4. 3rd Review: Part-time Girlfriend (Blevins, Warren, Mundy)

Open dancing and lots of laughs as well.  Please join us.

**************************

SUBJECT:  PLAYLIST FROM THE SUNDAY SOCIAL IN PINELLAS PARK

Sunday

Social playlist 1-21-18

11:25

Sound of Silence

Lay Low

Take Me to the River

Ain’t Misbehavin'

Blessed

Serious Love -

Have Fun Go Mad -

Beautiful Wonderful –

I was Wrong -

12:00

3 Rules –

Woo woo –

Electric Love -

Best Mistakes -

Slowly, Gently, Softly

Hidaway Cha -

Extreme Love -

Oh Momma Hey -

12:30

Boots – teach - Marilyn

Boots

Act like a Man -

Champagne Promise

Power Mix –

Sexy Beaches -

1:20

Havana – teach – Sandy

Havana

Strip That down -

Love Remains -

Hurts Like A Cha Cha –

Here Right Here -

She Used to be Mine -

2:30

Vows – teach - Cody

Vows

Change My Ways

Hot Damn -

Tell Your Heart To Beat Again -

Everybody’s Groovin -

Part time Girlfriend –

Shady  -

3:35

-----Pizza time---

 Boom Pow –

 3:45                                                                                                                                     All.Katchy All Katchy all night long, Larry Teach

All Katchy all night long

My Reason –

Mirrors -

4:15

Reviews

Boots

Havana

Vows

All Katchy all night Long

Equal Love - Marge

Should be Loved -

Just drunk enough

Run Me Like A River-

Lay it Back -

Wild west -

Lady in Red -

Eternal Secret –

Taking Care of You

Tic Tic Boom

Shake That  -

Beautiful In My Eyes-

The Fighter -

  5:35 Finished

***********************************

  Subject:        March workshop is SOLD OUT

From:        dancewit...@gmail.com

Wow in just a few short days those 19 places have all been filled so the March workshop is now SOLD OUT!!

Thank you everyone for your support, quite the group coming this time from many different states :-)

If you would like to be added to the waiting list please let me know (there are often some last minute cancellations).

Thanks again everyone, I will email soon for requests.

with love

--

Rachael

www.dancewithrachael.com

florida...@gmail.com

+1 407-538-1533

Rachael McEnaney - White

Instructor/Choreographer/Performer/Judge/Coach.

4 time World Champion, 7 time Choreographer Of The Year,

9 time Instructor Of The Year, 5 time Personality Of The Year

Rachael White

Realtor®

rlw...@kw.com

Call/Text: 407-538-1533

www.floridahousetohome.com

****************************

From: Liz Smith, lizs...@tampabay.rr.com

Subject:  HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY’s  LINE DANCE CELEBRATION, Tampa, Florida, FEBRUARY 10, 2018

We are a little over 2 weeks away from February 10 Line Dance Celebration Workshop in Tampa, Fl.  Don’t miss out dancing with friends and learning new dances from wonderful Florida instructors.  February 1st is the deadline for ordering tickets which include your selection of t-shirt and lunch.  After that, your selection of t-shirt may not be available since t-shirts must be ordered by February 1.   Online registration will close February 5.  We may be able to accept some walk-ins if capacity was not reached before online registration closes, however your selection of t-shirt and lunch is not guaranteed.

  • Flash Announcement – John Robinson joined our teaching staff and will bring his ‘J-Mart’.  Be prepared to shop and have a fun day dancing!

If you have not already registered, below are all the details.

When :  Saturday, February 10 from 9:30am – 3:30pm.  Doors will open at 9:00am.

       Where:  Northdale Recreation Center located at 15550 Spring Pine Drive, Tampa, FL

Instructors: Lindy Bowers, Sheri Hurley, Lynda Licht, Marilyn McNeal and Gail Smith.  DJ is Vince Gregoire.

       Registration: Online (see link and detailed instructions below)

Registration fee is $20 plus website processing change for a total of $21.83. Fee includes workshop, lunch and t-shirt.  We will use one gym for the intermediate classes and a second gym for the beginner and improver dances and for open dancing.  Lunch will be a boxed lunch from Jersey Mike’s Subs.

This link will take you directly to the registration page: https://2018hclinedancecelebration.eventbrite.com/.  From there you click on the green box labeled ‘Ticket’. On the next screen select the number of tickets you wish to purchase and then click on the green box labeled ‘Checkout’. You will have 8 minutes to complete your transaction, after which time your ticket will be released and you have to start the process all over again.  Before going to the link, I suggest you have the following ready:

  • Credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover) to enter payment information.
  • For each ticket you purchase, you will be asked for the following information:
    • Name, address, email, phone number, gender
    • Birthday -  This website is frequently used to register children for events that have age limits, which is the reason for asking for the birthdate.  However, you may enter any valid date you want, so here is a your chance to be whatever age you would like to be.  :D
    • Shirt size (this is a unisex style shirt; wicking fabric) – Select S, M, L, XL, XXL
    • Lunch option – Boxed lunch will include option of a sandwich (select either Turkey, Roast Beef, Italian, Vegie)
    • Read and agree to the liability waiver statement.

Any questions... please contact lizs...@tampabay.rr.com.

*****************************

SUBJECT:  2018 Monthly Line Dancing Party

The Asheville Ballroom/Event Centre

291 Sweeten Creek Rd., Asheville, NC   828-274-1377  http://ashevilleballroom.net/

Admission: $10 (bottled water provided)

Monthly Line Dancing Party at beautiful, Asheville Ballroom/Event Centre

Coming up this Friday, January 26th 7-10pm. Hope to see you there!

Host: Cindy Hady

Guest Instuctor, Denna Yockey

Friday, January 26 & February 9, 7-10pm

Hosted by:  Instructor, Cindy Hady     chady...@gmail.com

Details: The monthly Friday Night Line Dancing Party is an opportunity for area Line Dancers to come together, socialize and celebrate our love of line dancing at Asheville's premier dance venue. You've learned great line dances in your classes, now let's "take 'em out for a spin"!

7-7:30pm  New beginner dance teach. Features one of our area's local instructors.

Guest Instructor: January 26th - Denna Yockey

7:30-10pm - Open Dancing with Your Requests. If possible, email your requests to me in advance, so I'll have time to make sure the music is available

All Line Dancing Levels  Beginner-Advanced. To encourage dancers to stay on the floor, I will do a quick, 1 wall walk-through, prior to most of the dances.

New to Line Dancing?  No worries! Even if you've never line danced, you will learn some fun easy  dances  and pick up basic line dancing steps throughout the evening. This is a dance party - the key is to relax and have fun, so don't expect to completely “get” each and every dance.  I will make available a comprehensive list of area line dancing classes, so that you may continue to learn at your own pace.  Soon, you'll be requesting your favorite dances at the next party!

*************************************

SUBJECT:  GEOFF & CELIA'S MONTHLY SOCIAL IN THE UK

Shelf Social – January 2018

Another great night at Shelf for our monthly Social. We were expecting a quiet one with the weather conditions and knowing how bad it can get in a wintry spell around Shelf. We were lucky, the snow that was forecast didn’t appear and we got the best turn out we’ve had in months. A big thank you to everyone who came, particularly Karen, Gary & Lisa for making the long trip across the Pennines. As usual far more requests than we had time for but did the best we could to play a good mix to suit everybody. As usual we finished off with the most requested dance again which this month was “PERFECT” and this time we danced it to the “Perfect Symphony” version with Ed Sheeran & Andrea Bocelli. Cant finish without mentioning the supper which we were beginning to wonder if we would have done enough but of course we had with still plenty left for the goody bags.

I did forget to announce that next month’s Social will be a week earlier than normal and will be on Saturday 10th February. Please spread the word.

PLAYLIST was

Better When I'm Dancing Julia Wetzel

Tongue Tied Up T & V

Human After All Ria Vos

Islands In The Stream Karen Jones

I Came To Love You Gary O & Dee

The Bomp Kim Ray

Slowly Gently Softly Gary O'Reilly

Dive Julia Wetzel

Lady In Red Simon Ward

Gypsy Queen Hazel Pace

Somebody Like You Alan Birchall

Havana Cha                   split floor Ria Vos

Havana Ooh-Na-Na       ..        ..     Julia Wetzel

Enough Is Enough Ria Vos

Missing Heather Barton

Italiano Rachael Shane & Niels

I Could Be The One Nathan Gardiner

Chill Factor Daniel Whittaker & Hayley Westhead

The Queen Remi Lemaire & Co

Final Fantasy Daniel T & Roy V

Your Song Neville & Julie

Pot Of Gold Liam Hrycan

About Feelings Ria Vos

Lonely Drum Darren Mitchell

Time To Surrender Rachael & Simon

Hearts On Fire Maggie G

Crybaby Gary O & Helen O'Malley

Champagne Promise Tina Argyle

Everybodys Got A Secret Neville & Julie

Honky Tonk Highway Kelly Cavallaro

Perfect Alison Johnstone & Josh Talbot

Pretend Ed Lawton

Strip That Down Maggie G & Tim Johnson

Nancy Mulligan Maggie G & Gary O

Ain't Misbehavin' Guyton Jo & Amy

Delilah Ria Vos

Scared Of The Dark Daniel Whittaker

Wandering Hearts Maggie G & Gary O

Kissing Strangers Rachael & Simon

Heaven Caroline Dancer Cooper

Story Of A Heart Michelle Risley

Forget Me Not Pat Stott

We're In Heaven Gary O'Reilly

Caught In The Act Ann Wood

Boombox Robbie & Karl

So Just Dance Dance Dance  Jose & Guillaume

Perfect Alison Johnstone & Josh Talbot

*****************************

SUBJECT: Canadian Line Dance Classic Pre-Reg Deadline

CONTACT: Judy McDonald 416-220-5688 or Tina Veliotis 773-633-7555 or judymc...@cogeco.ca

If you missed the Early Bird deadline, the Pre-Registration deadline is coming up on January 31st!

The Canadian Line Dance Classic is taking place March 16-18, 2018 in St. Catherines, Ontario, Canada...just 15 minutes from beautiful Niagara Falls.  We have 3 workshop rooms starting Friday at 6pm and continuing until 2pm on Sunday.  Enjoy open dancing on Friday and Saturday evenings in either our “Anything Goes” room with DJ Jill Babinec, or our “Country & Oldies” room with DJ Lynn Warden.  These rooms are side by side so you can easily move from one to the other.

Our staff includes Guillaume Richard (FR), Rosie Multari (NY), Trevor Thornton (FL), Jamie Marshall (KY), Derek Steel (MI), Mark Cosenza (IL), Tina Foster (OH), Janet Martin (ON), Jill Babinec (OH), Lynn Warden (ON) and Judy McDonald (ON).

Book your room at the Holiday Inn & Suites Parkway Convention Centre by calling 905-688-2324 or 877-660-8550 and ask for the Dance Line room rate.  For further information, visit www.judymcdonald.ca or call Judy at 416-220-5688 (CA) or Tina at 773-633-7555 (US).

Thanks,

Judy McDonald & Tina Veliotis

Event Directors

Canadian Line Dance Classic

March 16-18, 2018

Celebrate Dance in Toronto

June 21-24, 2018

www.judymcdonald.ca ;

416-220-5688 CA cell

773-322-7360 US cell

***************************

SUBJECT:  GOOD TIMES LINE DANCE WINTER WORKSHOP, Saturday, January 20 2018

FROM:  Marilyn Richardson, mimi2...@gmail.com

Tom Knight and I want to thank all of the dancers who came to our workshop on Saturday at the VFW in Spring Hill, FL.  Even though several were sick with the flu and bad colds we still had a full house.  I think everyone enjoyed the new venue, and we certainly had plenty to eat, enough for seconds all around.  A special "thank you" to our four instructors: Cher Mason, Tom Avinger, Lisa McCammon, and Ann Splain, who filled in for Sandy Schoenberger at the last minute due to Sandy being sick.  They all did an awesome job.  We learned eight new dances from the beginner-improver level.  Cher Mason taught "It Ain't My Fault" by Brandon Zahorsky and "Story" by Maddison Glover.

Tom Avinger taught "Make A Little" by Dan Albro and "14th of October" by Terry Dailey.  Lisa McCammon taught "Almost 85," choreographed by Lisa, and "Nothing Ever Hurt Like You," by Emma Mainz and Lene Mainz Pedersen.  And Ann Splain taught "Silver Wings" by John Robinson and Jo Thomson Szymanski, and "Eyes For You," also by Jo Thompson Szymanski.

The workshop was such a success that guess what, we plan to do it again next year, same place, and almost same time.  We've reserved it for January 19th, 2019,  So mark your calendars!!  Thanks again to everyone who made it such a fun day.

Marilyn Richardson

*******************************

SUBJECT: Kickit Top 10 Lists for January 22, 2018

FROM: rpro...@aol.com

All Kickit visitors who register (it's free!!) are invited to participate in ongoing surveys.

The Top 10 results for each survey are shown here. (Due to ties, lists may show more than 10 dances.)

------------------------

Most Known

------------------------

1. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson

2. "Tush Push" by Engel & Ferrazzano

3. "Electric Slide" by Unknown & Unknown & ...

4. "Cruisin'" by Hale

5. "Wave On Wave" by Birchall

6. "Watermelon Crawl" by Lipscomb

7. "Chill Factor" by Westhead & Whittaker

8. "Dizzy" by Thompson

9. "Waltz Across Texas" by Nielson & Nielson & ...

10. "Bosa Nova" by Dennington

------------------------

Favorite

------------------------

1. "Chill Factor" by Westhead & Whittaker

2. "Bosa Nova" by Dennington

3. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson

4. "Dizzy" by Thompson

5. "Bomshel Stomp" by Hedges & Marshall

6. "Rio" by Lowery

7. "Caught In The Act" by Wood

8. "Zjozzys Funk" by Van de Velde

9. "Toes" by McEnaney

10. "Heart Of An Angel" by Brown

------------------------

Most Taught

------------------------

1. "Lonely Calling" by Callejo

2. "Shadow Of Your Love" by Barnfield

3. "The Older I Get" by Bos & Smeets

4. "Crank It To 10" by Stewart

5. "Outta Style" by Scott

6. "Tush Push" by Engel & Ferrazzano

7. "Don't Come Easy" by Pye & Seiberlich

8. "Kiss Me Quick EZ" by Sholes & Blankenship

9. "I Won't Back Down" by McEnaney-White

10. "85" by Maus & McEnaney-White

11. "Cheerleader" by Pye

12. "Dan's Beat" by Pye & Pye

13. "K Is For Kicks" by Gonzalez

14. "Cupid Shuffle" by Cupid

15. "Rather Than Talking" by Richard

16. "Mamma Maria" by Trace

17. "All Katchi, All Night Long" by Maus

18. "The Most Beautiful Girl" by Poulsen

19. "Everyday Ordinary" by Unknown & Williams

20. "Everybody's Groovin'" by Lai & Szymanski

------------------------

Most Danced

------------------------

1. "Stroll Along Cha Cha" by Cowboys & Sandham

2. "Lonely Drum" by Mitchell

3. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson

4. "Lonely Calling" by Callejo

5. "Empty Pockets" by Burton & Barr

6. "Mr. Santa / Mr. Sandman" by Szymanski & Trace

7. "Mamma Maria" by Trace

8. "Outta Style" by Scott

9. "Rita's Waltz" by Thompson

10. "The Older I Get" by Bos & Smeets

11. "Champagne Promise" by Argyle

****************************

SUBJECT:   Great turnout at the OCDC social yesterday!

Good Palm Springs practice.  So nice to welcome longtime friends like Show-Ming Lu, Aida Cruz Dollente and Joycee Remo Alo, some after many months of absence!  Here's the playlist and the group photo.  Thanks for coming and see most of you Thursday in PS!

3 Rules

A Lesson in Love

Addicted

Ain't Misbehavin'

American Pop

Back it Up

Beautiful in my Eyes

Beautiful Wonderful

Best Mistakes

Boots

Bound to You

Chase That Dollar

Cut Me Down

Don't Sweat It

Done Runnin'

Dunk It

Electric Love

Everybody's Groovin'

Feel

First Thing First

Girl Crush

Hairspray

Have Fun Go Mad

Here Right Here

Hot Damn

Hurts like a Cha Cha

If You Ever

In the Air Tonight

Lady in Red

Lay It Back

Lights Down Low

Love Remains

Maniac

Mirrors

My heart is in Havana

My Reason

No Regrets

No Stress

No Sun on Sunday

Nu Flow

Oh Mama Hey

Open my Heart

Part Time Girlfriend

Party Train

Peculiar Game

Pieces

Power Mix

Pull Me Closer

Razor Sharp

Rock This  Party

Run me like a River

Serious Love

Sexy Beaches

Shape of You

She Used to be Mine

Skiffle Time

Slowly Gently Softly SGS

Somebody Wants You

Sound of Silence

Speak to a Girl

Strip That Down

Take me to the River

Take me to the Water

Tell Your Heart to Beat Again

Tension

Throwback Love

Thumbs Up

Thy Will

To the Moon and Back

Whatever Happens

Witness

Yeah

Yes You Won't

Lou Ann Schemmel

************************

JOPLIN
Lines a Vines
One Day Mini Workshop
WHEN
Sunday June 24th 2018
10-4 (Doors open at 9 for open
dancing)
WHERE
Joplin Square Dance Center
1802 W. Second St. loolin, Missouri
Instructors form the 4 State Area:
Gwen Walker Springdale, Arkansas; Ann Conner Grove
Oklahoma; Linda Jensen Shawnee, Kansas; Marie Soruk
loolin, Missouri
TYRA FARRIS 185-640-0544
TYRALON@YAHOO.COM
Learn an Improver
Level Dance and a
Beginner Dance
every hour
TICKETS
$15 If Purchased
Before lune IR, 2018
$25 Purchased
after lune IS', 2018
At $35
light lunch Included.
Please tell tree to
bring snacks for your
table
Registration forms
will be available
March 12th 2018

SUBJECT:  THANK YOU TO Marilyn Richardson and Tom Knight for Good Times Workshop

FROM:  Nancy McDavid, nvmcda...@earthlink.net

I would like to thank Marilyn Richardson and Tom Knight for hosting and continuing this year’s Good Time Winter Workshop at its new venue in Spring Hill this past weekend.   It was very well run, had a great playlist for open dance, good food, good instructors teaching some fun new dances.   All of my group said they really enjoyed it.   This workshop was moved from Brooksville to Spring Hill where the VFW facility was excellent venue.    Congratulations to Marilyn and Tom and their support staff for a job well done.   I am pleased that they said they will host it again next year.  Instructors, if you like easy beginner dances, improver and a little intermediate dances for your students, this workshop is bound to please everyone.  There are many floor splits so the intermediate dancers and beginner dancers can share the floor and you don’t need to sit at all unless you need to 😊   Thanks again for a really Good Time workshop.  Nancy McDavid, Clermont

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:

SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

Stacy Garcia is the webmaster and keeps these lists current BUT ONLY WITH YOUR HELP.  Please make changes/corrections/additions using these forms:

TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal

https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.

Carol Craven