World Line Dance Newsletter Saturday & Sunday 8/27-8/28 PLEASE VOTE TODAY!

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 27, 2017, 10:15:55 AM8/27/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

Saturday and Sunday 8/26 & 8/27

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

Subject: The Line Dance Marathon, May 31-June 3, 2018. Raleigh/Durham NC

From: Scott Blevins

Proud to announce the 2018 Line Dance Marathon All Star team of instructors and Djs. Come join us in Raleigh-Durham NC May 31 - June 3, 2018 for four days of workshops and four nights of dancing. There will be 5 workshop rooms per hour to choose from during the day and your choice of three different huge ballrooms for evening dancing Thurs, Fri and Sat nights with an intimate farewell dance and pizza party on Sunday night. This is a must attend event so be sure to go to www.thelinedancemarathon.com to book your hotel room.

See you at the Marathon,

Scott Blevins and Jean Garr

********************************

SUBJECT: Dance News From Orlando, FL USA

DANCE XPERIENCE 2018 NEW ORLEANS!

FROM: Sandy Albano

email: sandy.albano@gmail.com

website: www.spreadyourwingsanddance.com

Dancers:

We still have a few spaces left to attend the fabulous Dance Xperience 2018 in New Orleans.  If you were thinking you might like to come you still have the opportunity to sign up!  We have an amazing line-up this year with 10 Choreographers on hand!  So many of our best choreographer friends are coming and we are also introducing some great new talented friends that you might not have had to opportunity to see yet!

More information is available on our website about the event, the hotel, things to do in New Orleans as well as registration/pay by check forms and links to registration through PayPal.  www.SpreadYourWingsAndDance.com

We are proud to announce that our host hotel for 2018 will once again be the Hilton New Orleans Airport.  The 2018 dance event will follow directly on the heels of the Mardi Gras and our hotel has offered us an unbeatable rate of $134 for each day beginning Sunday, Feb 11 all the way through Tuesday, Feb 20, 2018.  This rate is good for up to 4 per room.  If you want to be a part of the famous Mardi Gras (and cross this off your bucket list), this is a great hotel rate that is a fraction of what you will pay if you stay downtown!  If you prefer NOT to attend the Mardi Gras, we invite you to stay a couple of days after the event and do your sightseeing at a more leisurely pace following our event.

Whether or not you want to come for Mardi Gras, we hope that you will come at least one day early to join us for our fun, bonus Private Pre-Party at BB King's Blues Club.  Mardi Gras will be over on Tues, Feb 13.  Our BB King's party will be on Wed.  Feb 14th!  All the choreographers will be on hand for our special meet and greet "Cocktail and Dessert Buffet".  You can sign up for this when you register for the event or add it if you have already registered!  Last year's party was a smash hit and we were the talk of the town for several days!  All our staff will be on hand for that party and we are turning them loose to have even more fun than last year, if that is possible!

We want to see YOU there with us!!

More Later,

Sandy Albano, Orlando, FL

Email: sandy....@gmail.com

Website: www.SpreadYourWingsAndDance.com

Join us for Mardi Gras! at the 2018 Dance Xperience in New Orleans!

************************

SUBJECT:  This weekend at The Round Up in Tampa

Friday

1. Honky Tonk Highway by Kelly

2. I love this life review

3. I know somebody review

Saturday

1. Honky Tonk Highway by Kelly

2. Boom Pow review

3. I Love This Life review

Class is 7-9pm. See you all on the dance floor at The Round Up Maurice =

*******************************

SUBJECT:  IRA Weisburd's Workshop in Anaheim

FROM:  Ephraim Agleham

Anaheim Senior Citizen's Club is proud to present:

Line Dance Workshop with International Award Winning Choreographer/ Instructor Ira Weisburd

October 21, 2017, Saturday at 9:00 A.M.

at the Brookhurst Community Center, 2271 W. Crescent Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92801

We are delighted to be hosting this workshop with Ira for the very first time in Anaheim, California

Contact: Ephraim Agleham at 714-493-8295 or ephag...@gmail.com for more information

P.S.  If the format is not correct, please give me instructions on how to format it for the future.  Thanks again

*************************************

SUBJECT:  (Phoenix, AZ)  FREE - Line Dancing Lessons EVERY Wednesday @ Cactus Jacks with Carrie from 5:30-7:30pm

FROM: Carrie McNeish, cmcn...@cox.net, Phoenix/AZ/USA, www.dancemeetsfitness.net

Cactus Jacks (Phoenix, Arizona, “Ahwatukee”) , http://www.cactusjacksbar.co/index.html, has FREE Line Dancing and Lessons with me (Carrie) EVERY Wednesday from 5:30pm-7:30pmNo experience or partner necessary!   If you are bringing a “group” in for this event, let me know and we can reserve a table for you!!!  For questions feel free to contact me @ cmcn...@cox.net or 480-221-9090

HERE’S THE FLYER:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9IFzEj7q1CvQU53OGFDblRmTkE

 SUBJECT:  (Phoenix, AZ)   Linedancercise with Carrie @ the Pecos Community Center

 FROM: Carrie McNeish, cmcn...@cox.net, Phoenix/AZ/USA, www.dancemeetsfitness.net

Come try out my LINEDANCERCISE classes for Beginning & Intermediate/Advanced at the Pecos Community Center in Ahwatukee.  6-WEEK and “Drop In” options also available! I have classes on Tuesday evenings & Thursday “daytime”.  For questions feel free to contact me @ cmcn...@cox.net, 480-221-9090.  Carrie McNeish – www.dancemeetsfitness.net-

***************************************

 Subject. Never never give up

 From Karen Hedges

 I want to make a correction on the dance never never give up.  it was choreographed by myself, betty moses and Ruben Luna

 We had a great time working together on it together.

*********************************

From:  Norma, Brooksville FL, nerb...@tampabay.rr.com

Subject:  Social for September 2017 @ Brookridge

Saturday, September 9th, 2017, we are having our Monthly Social, from

6:30-9:30 PM @ $5. Bring you own beverage & snacks & ice , if needed.

        {NO open back sandals, PLEASE, for safety reasons}

We will have DJ Dave playing and the dances we do will be ones that have

been taught here, at Tuesday & Thursday Lessons. Marilyn will be here to

help & there are always instructors on the floor to help, if needed.  Dave will

play a request or two, if time permits. All area dancers are invited; we’d love

to dance with you!

Reminder:  Cher Mason’s Social is Sat., Sept. 1st in Lecanto; open to all!

And we thank Cher & Kathy Reynolds, again, for subbing while Marilyn is

recovering. If you have any questions about our Line Dance Program here,

please e-mail of call me at (352) 397-6088; ‘love to talk to you!!......Norma

~dance til you drop*Pray For Our Troops*

                              *May God Bless America*

**************************************

SUBJECT: World DJ's Social Play List (Plays, Movers & New Entries) W/E 26-Aug-17

FROM : Grro...@btinternet.com   (UK)

92 contributors from 11 countries

17,510 Plays from 310 events

I DO NEED MORE CONTRIBUTORS

See www.Grrowler.com - DJ Play Lists

NB : Choreographer names ARE REQUIRED

John "Grrowler" Rowell

E-Mail : Grro...@btinternet.com

Your dancin' DJ

View Complete chart here

http://www.grrowler.com/public_html/DJ%20Play%20Lists/DJ%20Play%20lists.htm

World DJ Play List - Biggest Movers 26-Aug-17

Dances with biggest increase since 19-Aug-17

Dance Title (Choreographer) - Total Plays - Increase

1 - Missing (Heather Barton) - 242 - 21

2 - Lonely Drum (Darren Mitchell) - 82 - 20

3 - Champagne Promise (Tina Argyle) - 180 - 19

4 - Slowly Gently Softly (Gary O'R) - 118 - 18

5 - Gypsy Queen (Hazel Pace) - 244 - 17

6 - Bored (Ria Vos) - 144 - 15

7 - Dear Friend (Kate Sala) - 159 - 13

7 - Tongue Tied Up (T&V) - 151 - 13

8 - Better When I'm Dancin' (Julia Wetzel) - 146 - 12

8 - Nancy Mulligan (Maggie G & Gary O'R) - 163 - 12

9 - The Queen (Guillaume Richard & Friends) - 153 - 11

9 - Wandering Hearts (Gary O & Maggie G) - 11 - 11

10 - Blessed (Jackie Miranda) - 118 - 10

10 - Dans Le Tango (Pat Stott) - 88 - 10

10 - Dig Your Heels (Maddison Glover) - 142 - 10

10 - Lay Low (Darren Bailey) - 180 - 10

10 - Pot Of Gold (Liam Hrycan) - 119 - 10

10 - Rose From The Sea_Rosa Del Mar (Rep Ghazali) - 95 - 10

10 - Say It Again (Kate Sala) - 169 - 10

World DJ Play List - Top 20, 19-Aug-17

Pos'n - Dance Title (Choreographer) - No. of plays

1 - Gypsy Queen (Hazel Pace) - 244

2 - Missing (Heather Barton) - 242

3 - Take Me To The River (Roy Verdonk & Jonas Dahlgren) - 183

4 - Champagne Promise (Tina Argyle) - 180

4 - Lay Low (Darren Bailey) - 180

5 - Shady (Darren, Fred & Amy) - 175

6 - Say It Again (Kate Sala) - 169

7 - Nancy Mulligan (Maggie G & Gary O'R) - 163

8 - Dear Friend (Kate Sala) - 159

9 - Human After All (Ria Vos) - 158

10 - The Queen (Guillaume Richard & Friends) - 153

11 - Tongue Tied Up (T&V) - 151

12 - Better When I'm Dancin' (Julia Wetzel) - 146

13 - Bored (Ria Vos) - 144

14 - Dig Your Heels (Maddison Glover) - 142

15 - I Came To Love You (Dee Musk & Gary O'R) - 126

15 - Funky Sole (KHW & RMH) - 125

15 - Islands In The Stream (Karen Jones) - 125

16 - Love Remains (Gary O' R) - 124

17 - Let It Swing (Jamie Barnfield) - 121

18 - Some Girls Will (Vikki Morris) - 120

18 - Pot Of Gold (Liam Hrycan) - 119

19 - Blessed (Jackie Miranda) - 118

19 - Slowly Gently Softly (Gary O'R) - 118

19 - Tango With Me Darling (Rob F & Daniel W) - 118

20 - So Just Dance Dance Dance (Jose BV & Guillaume Richard) - 109

NEW ENTRIES

CHOREOGRAPHER'S OWN

1 Curtain Call (Jeni Bradshaw)

2 Chillaxin’ (Lesley Stewart)

3 Rivertown (Karen Holtom)

UK

1 15 Minutes (Theresa Needham)

2 All Those Summer Nights (Step5678)

3 AM To PM Rob & Paul) ( MiL)

4 Angels On The Moon (Guyton Mundy )

5 Babycham (Ron Boyle)

6 Blue Umbrella Blues (April Coady)

7 Cake By The Ocean (Nathan Gardiner)

8 Cha Cha Loco - Pedro & Jo Thompson

9 Cowboy Up (Shannon Finnegan)

10 Crank It To 10 (Lesley Stewart)

11 Cupid Shuffle (Bernard Bryson)

12 Do Your Thing (Barry Amato & Co)

13 Faded (RMcEW)

14 Fever (Guillaume Richard)

15 Freaky Skillz (Shaz Walton)

16 Gentleman (Julia Wetzel)

17 Girl Power (Simon Ward & Friends)

18 Hit Me where It Hurts (KHW)

19 I Could Be The One (Nathan Gardiner )

20 I Got A Woman (Michael Deire Nieto)

21 Illuminate (Nathan Gardiner)

22 In Case You Didn’t Know (Andrew Hayes)

23 Just Say It (Dee Musk)

24 Lovin’ on (Nathan Gardiner )

25 Meltdown (Scott Blevins)

26 MJ Moves (Jo T & Michele Peron)

27 Mona Lisa (Raymond Sarlemijn & Co)

28 Never Gonna Stop (Daniel W & KHW)

29 No Life After You (Guyton Mundy)

30 No Sun On Sunday (Niels Poulsen)

31 Party (Roy Verdonk & Co)

32 Pick A Bale (Unknown)

33 Pump It (MiL)

34 Shakin' My Head (Guyton Mundy)

35 Stone In My Pocket (P&A)

36 Stop Looking Back (Kirsteen Currie)

37 Stories (Jannie Tofte Anderen )

38 Summer Sway (RMcEW & Co)

39 Take The Road (Sandra Speck)

40 Think Fast (Val O'Connor)

41 Time To Ride (MIL)

42 Times Up (KHW & Tina Argyle)

43 Tropical Depression (Stephen & Lesley McKenna and Lorna Cairns)

44 Wandering Hearts (Gary O & Maggie G)

45 Who's Been sleeping in My Bed (Carrie Bauer)

46 Wild Wild West (Jerry Siebe & Jason Cameron)

47 X2C (Shaz Walton)

48 Yes! (Simon Ward & Jo Thompson)

49 Your Song (Neville & Julie)

USA

1 Everybody's Here (Gaye Teather)

2 Funk It Out (Niels Poulsen)

3 I’m In Love with You (Jose Miguel & Sebastiaan Holtland)

4 Like a Rose (Mal Jones)

5 LOVE (Kathy Chang)

6 Scarborough Fair (Larry Schmidt)

7 Shotgun Jenny (Kathy Kelly Brown)

8 That Love (Will Craig)

9 The One For Me (Kathy Hunyadi)

10 Wake the Dead (Derek Steele)

************************

SUBJECT:  Dances taught at Grrowler's (UK) week ending 26-Aug-2017

NOTE from GRR! - I didn't post last week, so here's 2 weeks worth

Beginners

County Line Cha Cha (Unknown) - Cant Get You Out Of My Head - Kylie Minogue

County Line Cha Cha (Unknown) - Let Your Love Flow - Bellamy Brothers

County Line Cha Cha (Unknown) - Neon Moon - Brooks & Dunn

Dancing On The Ceiling (Debbie Hogg) - Dancing On The Ceiling -Lionel Richie

Fun In The Sun (Frank Trace) - Let's Dance - Chris Montez

Fun In The Sun (Frank Trace) - Sea Cruise - Jummy Buffet

Go Cat Go (Gaye Teather) - Please Mama Please - Go Cat Go

Lipstick, Powder And Paint (Steve & Claire Rutter) - Lipstick, Powder And Paint - Shakin' Stevens

Little Red Book (Dee Musk) - Little Red Book - Drifters

Little Red Book (Dee Musk) - The Deadwood Stage - Magill

Mamma Maria (Frank Trace) - A La Playa - SBS

On The Roof (Stephen Rutter & Claire Butterworth) - Up On The Roof - Robson & Jerome

Rita's Waltz (Jo Thompson) - Someone Must Feel Like A Fool Tonight - Kenny Rogers

Rodeo Blues (Kate Sala) - Sax - Fleur East

Sunshine (Barbara Lowe) - Cake By The Ocean - DNCE

Texas Stomp (Ruth Elias) - I'm From The Country - Tracy Byrd

Throwback Swing (Glynn Rogers) - Throwback Love - Meghan Trainor

Waltz Across Texas (Lois & John Nielson) - Rock & Roll Waltz - Scooter Lee

Waltz Across Texas (Lois & John Nielson) - Waltz Across Texas/Only Good Thing - Dean Brothers

Waltz Across Texas (Lois & John Nielson) - West Texas Waltz - Joni Harms

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Beginners / Improvers

Baby Kisses (RMH & Tony Vassell) - My Baby's Kiss - The Jenkins

DHSS (Gaye Teather) - Coffee - Supersister

Fun In The Sun (Frank Trace) - Let's Dance - Chris Montez

Fun In The Sun (Frank Trace) - Sea Cruise - Jummy Buffet

I Am A Good Girl (Lesley Clark) - But I Am A Good Girl - Christina Aguilera

Irish Stew (Lois Lightfoot) - Irish Stew - Sham Rock

Jamaica Mistaka (Peter Metelnick & Chrissie Hodgson) - Almost Jamaica - Bellamy Brothers

Just A Memory (Maggie G) - Memories Are Made Of This - Deans

Just Want To Dance (Charlotte M Williams) - I Just Want To Dance With You - George Strait

Live Laugh Love (Rob Fowler) - Live Laugh Love - Clay Walker

Love Letter Waltz (Frank Trace) - Love Letters - Elton John & Bonnie Rait

Mexi-Fest (Kate Sala) - Back In Your Arms Again - Mavericks

Miller Magic (Simon, Andrew & Sheila) - Glen Miller Medley - Jive Bunny

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Improvers

A Country High (Norman Gifford) - High On A Coutry Song - Sam Riggs

A Love Worth Waiting 4 (Norman Gifford) - A Love Worth Waiting For - Bouke

Amazing Faith  (Rob Fowler) - Amazed - Lonestar

Baby Kisses (RMH & Tony Vassell) - My Baby's Kiss - The Jenkins

Caballero (Ira Weisburd) Caballero - Orchestra Mario Riccardi

Can't Stop Loving You (Andy Skidmore) - Shout It To The World - Lionel Richie

Ex's And Oh's (Amy Glass) - Ex's & Oh's - Elle King

I Am A Good Girl (Lesley Clark) - But I Am A Good Girl - Christina Aguilera

Lonely Drum (Darren Mitchel) - Lonely Drum - Aaron Goodvin

Mexi-Fest (Kate Sala) - Back In Your Arms Again - Mavericks

Miller Magic (Simon, Andrew & Sheila) - Glenn Miller Medley -  Jive Bunny

Ofenbach (Rob Fowler) -  Be Mine - Ofenbach

Rose From The Sea (Rep Ghazali)- Rosa Del Ma - Gabe Garcia

Sexy Lady (Craig Bennett) - Sexy Lady -  Jesse J

The Shoebox (Dee Musk) - The Shoebox - Chris Young

WhatchUGot (Nevi & Julie) - WhatchUGot - Caro Emerald

Your Side Of Town (Nev & Julie) - Your Side Of Town - Maddie & Tae

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Int / Adv

Attention (KHW) - Attention - Charlie Puth

Beautiful In My Eyes (Simon Ward) - Beautiful In My Eyes - Joshua Kadison

Clap Happy (Shaz Walton) - Happy - Pharrell Williams

Diamond Dreams (RMH) - Diamond Dreams - Castro

From The Ground Up (Rachael & Rob) - From The Ground Up - Dan + Shay

Funky Sole (RMH & KHW) - Old Time Rock & Roll - Bob Seger

Hot Tamales (Neil Hale) - Country Down To My Soul - Lee Roy Parnell

Sway (Carl Sullivan) - Sway - Michael Buble

Throwback Love (JP Madge  & Co) - Throwback Love - Meghan Trainor

We're Alive (MIL) - I'm Alive - Celine Dion

We're Alive (MIL) - I'm Alive [Wake Up Remix]- Celine Dion

Work, Work (Rob Fowler & Darren Bailey) -  Go to Work - Cat Beach

For a full list of dances taught and danced socially at our classes over the recent months

Visit www.Grrowler.com

LUV & XXX's

John "Grrowler" Rowell - your dancin' DJ

Tel : +44(0)1723 - 364736

Email : Grro...@btinternet.com

Web: www.Grrowler.com

Facebook : John Grrowler Rowell

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven