World Line Dance Newsletter Monday 2/5 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

Carol Craven

Feb 5, 2018, 9:33:23 AM2/5/18
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.

Monday 2/5

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.  If you join on the World Line Dance Newsletter Google Group site, please choose "all mail" for delivery.  You will only get mail from me.

Do you want to scan the newsletter faster?  I always put the word, SUBJECT, before each post.  Just do a search for that word and you can skip from topic to topic quickly and read what you are interested in reading.

******************************'

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

NOTE FROM ME:  I'm sending the survey in just a few minutes.  I had company last night and didn't have time to do it.

SUBJECT: The Big Bang Dance Classic 2018 - Report

FROM: Hagan Ko (ha...@haganlinedance.com)

I had an absolutely fantastic time at The Big Bang Dance Classic 2018 this past weekend! Congrats to Will Craig, The Empire Dance Productions and JC Dance Productions crew for a great event. I’m taking a week for some down time in Atlanta before heading to Dance Xperience in New Orleans next week.

This is my 4th time at this event, and I just love it more and more. In 2017, this was my favorite “big” event of the year & I won’t be surprised if it will be my favorite one of 2018 as well. It’s one of the few events of the year where I look for the registration form to sign up for next year while I’m at the event!

Pre-party was good!  Valerie and I even took the couples class.  Thursday night dance was great!! Energy on the dance floor and the people on Saturday night was so much fun.

Some of the many workshops that caught my attention: (there were some good dances, just picking out a few)

“Dive Right In” - Int Waltz - Will Craig.   Beautiful song, had some creative turns at the end. Good dance. I enjoyed this.

“Gypsy in the Night” - Int - Scott Blevins. Another good song, cha cha rhythm. I wasn’t so sure about this dance at first, but when it was played at open dance, I really could feel the steps hit the music. Really like this one.

“Don’t Sweat It” - Adv Phrased - Shane McKeever, Fred Whitehouse, Rebecca Lee. Definitely a tough hip hop type dance for those who want a challenge. This was my 3rd lesson, and I could use at least 3 more. It’s a super fun dance!

“Just Drunk Enough” - Int NC2 - Rachael White. I learned this at Rachael’s workshop in December.  Beautiful track and gorgeous dance. Many people seemed to like this one.

“Hola” - Int - Dustin Betts

Absolutely my personal favorite dance of the entire weekend!  Not super hard, but the song is super fun.  Very peppy Latin beat. LOVE this dance. It’s sooo much fun!

******************************

RE:   Choreography Results from Big Bang Dance Classic

FROM:  USLDCC

(Click on the link to see some of the dances posted)

Congratulations to all the USLDCC competitors.

Newcomer/Novice

1st – Jonno Liberman / Stomp Like What

2nd – Kelly Cavallaro / Better Than That

3rd – Jonno Liberman / Pure Gold

Intermediate/Advanced

1st – Kerry Maus / Boy

2nd – Jonno Liberman / Bucked Off

3rd – Jonno Liberman & Jason Takahashi / Thought I Could Love You

Phrased

1st – Holly Easom / Show ‘Em What You’re Worth

2nd – Christopher Gonzalez & Megan Barsuglia / Ain’t Nothing Better

3rd – Jonno Liberman / So Le Me Go

******************************

Subject:        Snapshot @ 5th Feb. 2018 on copperknob.co.uk

From:        geo...@crutchlow.co.uk

MOST POPULAR IN THE LAST 7 DAYS

1

(3851 Views)

Pull You Through  Maddison Glover (AUS) and Jo Thompson Szymanski (USA) January 2018

    32 Count    4 Wall    Intermediate - 'Rolling 8' count   Music: Pull You Through by Maggie Rose (3:25)

2

(3246 Views)

I'm One Of Those  Daniel Trepat (NL), José Miguel Belloque Vane. January 2018

    32 Count    4 Wall    Beginner   Music: "One Of Those" by Canaan Smith

3

(2444 Views)

Fresh  Raymond Sarlemijn and Darren Bailey – January 2018

    32 Count    0 Wall    Easy Newcomer   Music: Fresh - Kool And The Gang

4

(2327 Views)

Perfect  Alison Johnstone (Nuline) & Joshua Talbot (Aus) March 2017

    32 Count    2 Wall    Intermediate   Music: Perfect - Ed Sheeran – Divide (Delux) iTunes or contact

5

(2177 Views)

Bloodstone  Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris ( November 2017 )

    32 Count    4 Wall    Intermediate NC2   Music: Bloodstone by Guy Sebastian. Album: Conscious (iTunes)

6

(2009 Views)

Paris In The Rain (CBA 2018)  José Miguel Belloque Vane, (NL) & Sebastien Bonnier, (FR). January 2018

    48 Count    4 Wall    Intermediate WCS   Music: Paris In The Rain - Lauv (Single 2017)

7

(1991 Views)

No No No  Guillaume Richard (Fr): Sébastien Bonnier(Fr): January 2018

    32 Count    4 Wall    Intermediate   Music: No No No by Kamaleon

8

(1971 Views)

Havana Cha  Ria Vos, September 2017

    32 Count    4 Wall    High Beginner   Music: "Havana (feat. Young Thug)" - Camila Cabello

9

(1821 Views)

Empty Heart  Micaela Svensson Erlandsson, January 2018

    32 Count    4 Wall    Beginner   Music: Full House, Empty Heart by Derek Ryan

10

(1818 Views)

What Makes You Country  Rob Holley (January 2018)

    32 Count    4 Wall    Beginner   Music: What Makes You Country by Luke Bryan – CD: What Makes You Country (iTunes)

****************************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas Park  February 6th.

We had a fun class last week and celebrated January birthdays.  February ones are coming up soon so more CAKE!  LOL.  Diane will be having her operation on Wednesday so she won't be there Tuesday but we all wish her a quick recovery and super successful operation.  I'll keep you posted.  If you would like to send her a card, let me know and I'll send you her address.

LAST WEEK:

Lynda taught MY HEART IS IN HAVANA, by Bradley Mather,  and she did a great job.  Almost everyone stayed for the whole dance and we will be reviewing it for the next few weeks.  Love this dance.

Liz taught Story by Maddison Glover.  This is a nice improver-type dance to country music and everyone liked it.   She will review it this week

Ann Reviewed Eyes for You by Jo Thompson and Sweet Caroline and everyone likes these easy little dances, too.

Sheri reviewed Hurts Like a Cha Cha and we all like doing this one.   It will be in open this week.

Ann is going to review/teach All Katchi, All Night Long, by Kerri Maus.  It was taught at the social.  It's a fun dance that everyone will enjoy.

Lynda is also going to review Hot Damn, by Rachael and Scott.  We didn't have time last week so this will be a good review.

See you Tuesday, everyone.    If you have requests, let Cheryl know when you get there and hopefully people are bringing back good ones from Big Bang.  I saw a few that I liked.

Carol

Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00

Studio location:

Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Ave

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com

Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com

***********************************

SUBJECT :  BIG   APPLAUSE  FOR   STACY   GARCIA  FOR  HER  HARD  WORK   ON   THE  NEWSLETTER

FROM  :    ARLINE   WINERMAN.   St. Pete, FL

luvtoda...@webtv.net

I   want   to  thank  Stacy  for   all  her   time   and   effort   on  the   details  for  the  surveys  and  all the info  that  is  so  helpful   to  all  of  us.    What  patience   she  has!

I   hope  everyone   will  tell   her  how much  they  appreciate  her.

thanks   -   happy  dancing.

luv  -   Arline

NOTE FROM ME:  She does a great job and is always coming up with something new.

*****************************

SUBJECT: (Phoenix, AZ) VALENTINES DANCE PARTY @ Cactus Jacks in Ahwatukee

(Phx), Wednesday, Feb. 14th, 5:00pm

FROM: Carrie McNeish, cmcn...@cox.net, Phoenix/AZ/USA,

www.dancemeetsfitness.net

Come celebrate Friendship & Love @ Cactus Jacks on Wed., Feb. 14th. Happy

Hour pricing starts at 4pm. Treats, Raffles and FREE line dancing and

lessons start at 5:30pm. Cactus Jacks's (http://www.cactusjacksbar.co/)

For questions feel free to contact me @ cmcn...@cox.net, 480-221-9090.

Carrie McNeish - www.dancemeetsfitness.net

HERE'S THE FLYER:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=156JgRWTBEMMHEoaYdgeK9-V_ak0eEn0U

SUBJECT: (Phoenix, AZ) Line Dancing and Lessons EVERY Wednesday @ Cactus

Jacks with Carrie from 5:30-7:30pm

FROM: Carrie McNeish, cmcn...@cox.net, Phoenix/AZ/USA,

www.dancemeetsfitness.net

Cactus Jacks (Phoenix, Arizona, "Ahwatukee") ,

http://www.cactusjacksbar.co/index.html, has Line Dancing and Lessons with

Carrie McNeish EVERY Wednesday from 5:30pm-7:30pm. $ 3 cover charge. No

experience or partner necessary! If you are bringing a "group" in for this

event, let me know and we can reserve a table for you!!! For questions feel

free to contact me @ cmcn...@cox.net or 480-221-9090

HERE'S THE FLYER:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NTAecsGaxdEeQnDLlB4FTt4EDeEwK_-f

<< OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >>

SUBJECT: (Phoenix, AZ) Linedancercise with Carrie @ the Pecos Community

Center

FROM: Carrie McNeish, cmcn...@cox.net, Phoenix/AZ/USA,

www.dancemeetsfitness.net

<< OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> << OLE Object:

Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >>

Come try out my LINEDANCERCISE classes for Beginning & Intermediate/Advanced

at the Pecos Community Center in Ahwatukee. Next 6-WEEK session starts week

of Feb. 13th and "Drop In" options also available! I have classes on Tuesday

evenings & Thursday "daytime". Here is the flyer:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1omEGNgr0lrJHwM2pZJLvhuGpWHSJWzt6 . For

questions feel free to contact me @ cmcn...@cox.net, 480-221-9090. Carrie

McNeish - www.dancemeetsfitness.net

**********************************

Subject: Fun On The Dance Floor with Scott Blevins & Niels Poulsen

When: Saturday Oct 13, 2018

Where: Thornhill Community Centre

             7755 Bayview Ave, Thornhill ON Canada

Contact: Michele Carver

              Michele...@sympatico.ca

For registration information: http://www.dancewithmichele.ca/ScottNielsflyer2018finalversion.pdf

Thanks

Michele Carver

************************

Dancing with Danielle

Floorplay WCS and Country

Saturday, February 10th

Get the best of both world's...1 room for WCS and 1 room for Country! 2 floating floors, plenty of parking and over 100 dancers in attendance!

Host and DJ's- Danielle Blouin & Josh Angel

Instructors- Danielle and Pam & Brian Bennett

$12 includes lesson, dance, water, soda, snacks, desserts, PIZZA and door prizes! This month we will be teaching Nightclub instead of two step.

7:30pm- Doors Open/Social Dancing

7:45pm- Beginner Nightclub with Pam & Brian Bennett

7:45pm- Intermediate Nighclub w/Danielle

8:30-Midnight- WCS and Country Party

 Also this week...

Westie Wednesday Feb 7th

6:30pm- Doors Open

6:45-7:30pm- Novice

7:30-7:45pm- Open Dancing

7:45-8:30pm- Intermediate $10

8:30-10- Social Party

$10 per class or $15 for both

Int Theme- Creating moments w/your partner

Upcoming Saturday Dances

Sat, Feb 24th- Tampa Floorplay

Sat, March 10th- Floorplay WCS & Country

Sat, March 17th- Floorplay St Patty's Themed Party

Sat, March 24th- NO DANCE due Swing Over Orlando

Bayou Dance Club 6541 102nd Ave N, Pinellas Par

Subject:        SUBJECT  : World DJ's Social Play List (Plays, Movers & New Entries) W/E 03-Feb-18

From:        grro...@btinternet.com

World DJ's Social Play List (Plays, Movers & New Entries) W/E 03-Feb-18

118 contributors from 13 countries

33,771 Plays from 574 events

I DO NEED MORE CONTRIBUTORS

See www.Grrowler.com - DJ Play Lists

NB : Choreographer names ARE REQUIRED

Note from me - I'm still getting some play lists from 2017, so the 2017 totals will increase,

but the "biggest movers" & top chart is based solely on 2018 plays

John "Grrowler" Rowell

E-Mail : Grro...@btinternet.com

Your dancin' DJ

View Complete chart here

http://www.grrowler.com/public_html/DJ%20Play%20Lists/DJ%20Play%20lists.htm

World DJ Play List - Biggest Movers 03-Feb-18

Dances with biggest increase since 27-Jan-18

Dance Title (Choreographer) - No of Plays (2018) - Increase

1 - Champagne Promise (Tina Argyle) - 22 - 10

2 - Perfect (Alison Johnstone & Joshua Talbot) - 20 - 9

3 - Lonely Drum (Darren Mitchell) - 26 - 8

3 - Slowly Gently Softly_SGS (Gary O'R) - 22 - 8

4 - Time To Surrender (Simon & Rachael) - 18 - 7

5 - Down On Your Uppers (Gary O 'R) - 12 - 6

5 - Hurts Like A Cha Cha (Simon, Fred & Daniel Trepat) - 18 - 6

5 - Untamed River (Mike Hitchen) - 9 - 6

=====================================

Top Ten 03-Feb-18

Dance Title (Choreographer) - All Time Total - No of Plays (2018)

1 - Lonely Drum (Darren Mitchell) - 325 - 26

2 - Champagne Promise (Tina Argyle) - 378 - 22

2 - Slowly Gently Softly_SGS (Gary O'R) - 313 - 22

3 - Missing (Heather Barton) - 439 - 21

4 - Perfect (Alison Johnstone & Joshua Talbot) - 211 - 20

5 - Hurts Like A Cha Cha (Simon, Fred & Daniel Trepat) - 65 - 18

5 - Time To Surrender (Simon & Rachael) - 137 - 18

6 - Gypsy Queen (Hazel Pace) - 440 - 15

7 - Havana Cha (Ria Vos) - 30 - 13

7 - Lay Low (Darren Bailey) - 321 - 13

7 - Pot Of Gold (Liam Hrycan) - 227 - 13

8 - Blessed (Jackie Miranda) - 221 - 12

8 - Down On Your Uppers (Gary O 'R) - 46 - 12

8 - Wandering Hearts (Gary O & Maggie G) - 111 - 12

9 - Love Remains (Gary O' R) - 251 - 11

9 - Roots (Tina Argyle) - 110 - 11

10 - Beautiful Wonderful (Debbie Rushton,Jannie Tofte Andersen) - 49 - 10

10 - Bored (Ria Vos) - 269 - 10

10 - Ride Away (RMH) - 84 - 10

============================

NEW CONTRIBUTORS

None

============================

NEW ENTRIES

CHOREOGRAPHER'S OWN

None

UK

#Work (Jo & John Kinser, Ruben Luna & Philip Sobrielo)

A Little Black Box (Rep Ghazali)

Don't Sweat It (Levi J Hubbard)

Drinks For Two (Ed Lawton)

Gatlin Boogie (Tony Curso & Denise Pothier)

Heaven (Caroline Dancer Cooper)

John Deere Green (Unknown)

Just A Minute (Eddie Ainsworth & Lee Birks)

Rhythm Bone (Tina Argyle)

Rollin’ (Lesley Stewart)

San Antonia Baby (Stephen McIntosh)

Serious Love (Dee Musk & Fred Whitehouse)

Under the Sun (Kathy Chang & Sue Hsu)

USA

85 (RMcEW)

All About That Bass (Gail A. Dawson)

Barstool (Ukn)

Beautiful Birds (Rob Fowler)

Bread & Butter (Betsy Courant)

Cut Me Down (Guyton, Fred, Shane)

Dock Of The Bay (RMcEW)

Don't Sweat It (Levi J Hubbard)

Float Your Boat (Cheri Litzenburg)

My Heart Is In Havana (Bradley Mather)

Serious Love (Dee Musk & Fred Whitehouse)

Sh Boom Shuffle (Scott Blevins & Megan Wheeler)

Under the Sun (Kathy Chang & Sue Hsu)

Zoe's Waltz (Helaine Norman)

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:

SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

Stacy Garcia is the webmaster and keeps these lists current BUT ONLY WITH YOUR HELP.  Please make changes/corrections/additions using these forms:

TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal

https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.

Carol Craven