World Line Dance Newsletter Sunday 2/15 & REMINDER TO VOTE TODAY

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 15, 2015, 8:58:58 AM2/15/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Sunday 2/15.  I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day.

Please remember to vote TODAY!!  Instructions at the botto of every newsletter.

SUBJECT:  BEGINNER LINE DANCE WORKSHOP,

DANVILLE, VA ON MARCH 7

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Please join Sue Ann Ehmann and myself for a one-day

beginner line dance workshop at the Ballou Rec

Center, 760 West Main Street in Danville, VA.  The

workshop is geared toward dancers who are already

familiar

with basic line dance steps and terminology who

want to learn fun, new dances ranging from  Ultra

Beginner to High Beginner levels.   Workshop is from

10 to 5 with an hour break for lunch and open dancing

from 4 to 5.  Registration is at 9:30.  Cost is $15  in

advance; $18 at the door and includes a step booklet.

  This will be a fun workshop with dances that will be

new to you  and lots of review so you actually

remember the dances when you leave.  Instructors,

please come and learn some new dances to share

with your classes!!

Please contact Cindy Jones at (434) 799-5216 to

preregister or email her at jon...@ci.danville.va.us

If you have any questions about the workshop itself,

please email me.
-------------------
SUBJECT:  DANVILLE DANCE INVITATIONAL WITH

JOEY WARREN, DANVILLE, VA, MARCH 13-15.

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Event director Harold Logan invites you to join guest

instructor Joey Warren at the Danville Dance

Invitational, Ballou Rec Center, 760 West Main Street

in Danville, VA.  Instructor Bonnie Mathews will be

sharing the teaching duties and Sue Ann Ehmann will

be teaching you a dance or two as well.  Your dj for

the weekend is Mary Kaye Johnson.  The level for the

workshop is intermediate and above.  The event

starts on Friday night with a "Meet & Greet"  upstairs

at the Rec Center.  Cost is $5 and is from 7 to 10 p.m.

The workshop begins at 10 a.m. on Saturday and

goes until 5 p.m.  (Registration  begins at 9:30 a.m.)

The cost is $35 in advance or $45 at the door.   There

will be a break for lunch and there are several

restaurants across the street--or you may bring you

own.  After dinner, we all come back and dance from

7 to 10 p.m.  Sunday is "anything goes" day with more

advanced dances being taught then.  Time is 10 a.m.

to 2 p.m.  This is a very laid back, relaxed workshop

and we always have a great time and learn some

wonderful dances!!    Host hotel is The Comfort Inn &

Suites, 100 Tower Drive, Danville.  Phone:  (434) 793-

2000.  Must mention the Danville Dance Invitational

for the $85 (+ tax) rate.

Please contact Cindy Jones at (434) 799-5216 to

preregister or email her at jon...@ci.danville.va.us

If you have any questions about the workshop itself,

please to email me.
********************************
Subject:   FUN IN THE SUN – Orlando, FL   July 16-19, 2015
From: JC Dance Productions, Inc.

Just one pass will admit you to ALL weekend activities including workshops and Thursday, Friday & Saturday night dances.  Day and evening passes will be available onsite.

Instructors and DJ’s
Our instructors for the weekend will be:
Sandy Albano (FL)
Larry Bass (FL)
Scott Blevins (IN)
Lindy Bowers (FL)
Will Craig (NC)
Zac Detweiller (FL)
Amy Glass (OR)
Maddy Glover (Austrailia)
Jamie Marshall (TN)
Rachael McEnaney (UK/FL)
Marilyn McNeal (FL)
Guyton Mundy (FL)
John Robinson (IN)
Frank Trace (OH)
Fred Whitehouse (Ireland)

Accommodations
The Fun in the Sun will be held at the Orlando Airport Marriott, Orlando, Florida.  The Marriott is proud to offer you a special room rate of $112 per night.  The room block is good for 3 days before and after the event.  It’s a great vacation spot with many attractions nearby!  To book your room and for directions, please call 407-851-9000 or 1-800-380-6751.  Be sure to mention the FUN IN THE SUN to get the special room rate.
*If you stay at the Marriott (within our room block) you will receive: FREE Self Parking*

Travel Arrangements
For those traveling from out of state, please book flights into Orlando International Airport (MCO).  The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport.

Thursday’s Kick-Off Dance
Thursday night dance is included with your weekend pass or if you don’t have a weekend pass, you can purchase a Thursday night pass for just $10.

USLDCC Choreography Competition
This is the first year for the USLDCC (United States Line Dance Choreography Championships). Please visit www.USLDCC.com for complete rules and how to qualify for the Championships scheduled for 2015.  Select your song, create your dance with some of your favorite steps, ask friends to join you and give it a try!  Winners take home some really great prizes!

Kids Classes
Again, we are excited to offer line dance classes for kids!  Since this is a great vacation spot and we have quite a few children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews and other younger ones, we have decided to offer a few beginner classes for 13 & under.

If you have any questions, please email us at:  in...@FloridaFunInSun.com

Jennifer Cameron
JC Dance Productions, Inc.
Line Dance Showdown (March 26-29, 2015)
Fun in the Sun (July 16-19, 2015)
Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic (November 5-8, 2015)
*******************************
Sweetheart of an event
From Ember Schira -Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://members.shaw.ca/stepnscuff

Spent last weekend at the 24th annual Sweetheart

Jamboree in Bellevue Washington.

I have been to this event numerous times and it is

always a lot of fun.

I go to this event for the line dance workshops but

there are also a number of swing and two step

workshops available.

I always like to try out a couples class or two. Michele

Perron offered a technique class, which I found

extremely informative.

We had so many workshops to pick from, it was

difficult to decide which one to take.

Thanks to Randy and Rhonda and all the volunteers

and instructors, for another great event.

Oh…I should mention, Randy sure knows how to

Wobble!!!

http://sweetheartjamboree.com/
**********************
SUBJECT:  DISCUSSION ON LEVEL OF DANCES

Subject: naming line dances
From:
cwei...@yahoo.com

As an additional comment regarding naming beginner

line dances with "baby" or "easy", I would like to say

"Get a life!"  I can't believe people complain about

such petty things.  There is certainly a much larger

picture in this world, and life, in general.  I started as

a beginning line dancer a little over 2 years ago and

now am a helper in a beginner class.  I honestly never

thought a thing of it when the line dances had the

words "baby" or "easy" in them.  In fact, when I heard

those words, I was happy because I knew I would be

able to learn the dance, even if it took a couple of

tries.  In visiting with others in the beginner class

where I'm a helper, they feel the same way.  They are

in no way offended.  We are just very thankful that

people take the time to choreograph easier dances

so that we can dance, too!  So, let's move on - forget

the petty stuff and only worry about the big stuff!!

Thanks for the opportunity to share my opinion,
Carolyn
********************
SUBJECT:  CHECK OUT JANGO.COM FOR MUSIC

Love is in the air, and on Jango.com

Songs have been written about every topic imaginable, but Valentine's Day is sonic proof that while musical fads and fashions will change with every generation, love (and the songs inspired by it) will never go out of style.

Here at Jango.com, we've compiled a variety of "love song" stations that we feel has a little something for everyone, even those who may not be a fan of the holiday! Find them on the website, or through our iOS and Android apps.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make. - The Beatles

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com