World Line Dance Newsletter Monday 1/22 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

Carol Craven

Jan 22, 2018, 9:33:01 AM1/22/18
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.

Monday 1/22

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.

Do you want to scan the newsletter faster?  I always put the word, SUBJECT, before each post.  Just do a search for that word and you can skip from topic to topic quickly and read what you are interested in reading.

******************************'

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

SUBJECT:  Our World Event Calendar 2018 & 2019 has been updated

FROM: Stacy J Garcia, S

tacyJ...@gmail.com

http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event-calendar.html

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR UPCOMING EVENT(S)

Please fill out information below and email me, Stacy J Garcia: Stacy...@gmail.com

*****************************

Subject: High-Beg, to Inter.-Adv.  LINE DANCE SOCIAL YESTERDAY Jan. 21st 2018 in Pinellas Park, FL

Wow, what a great day yesterday sharing the dance floor and fun with friends from all over the place in Pinellas Park.  Thank you sooooooooooooo much for coming and joining Diane and me with our great DJ, Cheryl Hurlburt, for our day with so many friends, old and new.  I saw lots of new faces there yesterday and missed a few who couldn't come for one reason or another.  Next time!  It was so good to have Diane back after her dad's funeral and then getting the flu right after.  She was smart enough to go to the doctor right away so she could be there yesterday.  She really appreciated the cards that everyone signed for her.  It's been a rough time for her this year.  Thanks to everyone who brought so much yummy food, helped us, especially Rick who moved a gazillion tables so everyone would have a place to sit comfortably and is always there early with Cheryl to help us.  We really appreciate him and Marie and others who are always there to help clean up and reorganize at the end of the day.  I hope you all had a great time.

A big thank you to Jennifer Cameron who surprised everyone with a pass taped under a lucky person's chair for a choice to any one of her events.  Congratulations, Susan Vail.  See you in Boston!  Thanks so much, Jen!

A special special thanks to the people who came and volunteered to teach some awesome dances.  Every one of them had fun teaches of some challenging dances and we ALL appreciate it.  We are so fortunate in Florida to not only have some amazing instructors but it makes me proud to see how everyone encourages their classes to support each other's events and socials.  There were FOUR dance events in Florida this weekend and all of them were well-attended.  I find that amazing.  Many people attended at least three of the four from one end of the state to the other.  The biggest challenge is to just find a free date to have a social.  That is not a bad problem to have, if you ask me.

THERE WERE THE DANCES TAUGHT:

MY HEART IS IN HAVANA, by Bradley Mather, taught by Sandy Albano (Bradley's grandmother, in case you didn't know).   Sandy did a really good job teaching this dance and I was so happy to learn it.  I think it is a special dance and is already moving up on the survey and into the Top 10 this week.  Congratulations, Bradley.  It also was the overall winner at the Florida Line Dance Classic in the USLDCC Competition in Orlando in November.

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/my-heart-is-in-havana-ID122074.aspx

ALL KATCHI, ALL NIGHT LONG, by Kerry Maus (this dance has won two competitions recently).    This is a really fun dance that any class could do and it is peppy and just fun and Larry was especially fun teaching it.  Welcome back, Larry, after your knee surgery.  It is always a pleasure to see you and Cheryl at our socials and we missed you at the last one.  If you look up the sheet for this dance, be sure and put the comma after "Katchi," to find it on Copperknob.co.uk or it will say it can't be found.

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/all-katchi-all-night-long-ID120210.aspx

BOOTS, by Maddison Glover was taught by Marilyn McNeal.  This dance was taught in Vegas and is a fun dance that is quite easy to learn.  Maddison did a good job of choreographing to some of the words in the music and it was nice that Marilyn mentioned that before she taught it.  Give it a look.

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/boots-ID121174.aspx

VOWS, by Cody Flowers.  This is a brand new hot-off-the-press dance by Cody to meaningful music you should listen to.  It flows really well and I know many of the instructors are taking it home to teach their classes.  Good job, Cody, and thanks for coming up from Ft. Lauderdale to teach it and be my roomie with Jen this weekend.  It was fun!   The sheet should be up on Copperknob today or tomorrow but here is a demo of the dance from yesterday.

Vows Demo

Video web content titled: Vows Demo

We will let you know when the next social is planned (and we can find a free date).  Thanks again to everyone who came and shared the day with us.  Coming soon is Lindy's Dance Day in Orlando the first part of February; the Celebration coming up in a couple of weeks in the Tampa area; Rachael's workshop in March in Orlando, and a lot of people will be going to the Experience in New Orleans and Big Bang in North Carolina with a many events and socials filling in.  Sometimes I just sit and remember the time when there were so few events to attend and marvel at what we can do now around the world.  Hope to see you at our Tuesday classes sometime soon and at the next social.   We couldn't so them without YOU!

XX  Carol

Studio location:

Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Ave

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com

Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com

***************************

SUBJECT:  Dancing' with Marilyn, Ocala, FL

FROM:  Marilyn McNeal, BoarsNestFarm

An exceptional time was had by all at Diane and Carol's Sunday Social in Pinellas Park today!

Special guests Jen Cameron, along with Sandy Albano and Cody Flowers, healthy and tempting array of snacks, followed by pizza for all - what a day!

Sandy taught grandson Bradley's dance My Heart is in Havana (love this dance!), Larry Bass taught All Katchi All Night Long by Kerry Maus.  Cody taught us his cool, brand new dance VOWS, to an also cool and interesting piece of music called Don't Let Go. I think it will be a hit for him and I will teach it here in Ocala soon. My dance was Maddy Glover's dance, Boots, fun and easy for all. We are already dancing this one and Bradley's in my Wednesday night class. Lots of open dance and requests always taken.  Thanks Cheryl for playing the tunes for us!

It was a great day with a huge crowd and we enjoyed it all. This social is always worth the trip from wherever you are because we all know each other, look forward to seeing each other, and appreciate Carol and Diane for providing a relaxing, pleasant day with food, fellowship and usually 4 teaches. Thanks to you both!

Regular classes this week at On Top of the World, Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday at MHC day classes yes, but the Wednesday night Int/Adv. class is cancelled this week due to a conference Ray and I are attending.

See ya'll soon!

****************************

SUBJECT:  THE LINE DANCE MARATHON RALEIGH-DURHAM MAY 31-JUNE 3, 2018

FROM:  SCOTT BLEVINS

The February 1st deadline for the VIP All Access Pass is less than two weeks away. If you want to take advantage of this money-saving pass that includes all workshops, evening dances, priority show seating, farewell dance and pizza party, T-shirt and dance book... be sure to get your registration in the mail Soon!

All other passes are due by May 1st to get the discount pricing.

The Line Dance Marathon is the world's longest running, all line dance event, being held in Raleigh-Durham, NC May 31- June 3, 2018

This amazing event starts with the first of more than 90 hours of workshops at noon on Thursday and wraps up on Sunday night with a farewell dance and pizza party.

Go to www.TheLineDanceMarathon.com where you can check out our talented lineup of international instructors, print your 2018 registration form, book your hotel room, check out the schedules, familiarize yourself with the event information and explore the links to Raleigh and Durham.

The 2018 Line Dance Marathon is going to be a fantastic dance weekend, so be sure you don’t miss it!!

See you at The Marathon,

Scott Blevins and Jean Garr

*****************************

SUBJECT:  I NEED SOME VOLUNTEERS TO KEEP TRACK OF DANCES AT BIG BANG DANCE CLASSIC.  ANY VOLUNTEERS?

FROM: Stacy J Garcia, Stacy...@gmail.comhttp://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event-playlists.html

I need some volunteers to do playlist in the MAIN & BEGINNER ballrooms at BIG BANG DANCE CLASSIC event (and if any of the DJs keep a list, perhaps you could send it to me to be posted on the site).

I will send you a list so you can check off most of them and just add the ones not included.

Thank you.

***************************

SUBJECT:  Let's Dance Day social - Orlando, Fl.

FROM:  Lindy

              (lindysda...@gmail.com)

              (www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com)

Playlist for Feb. 3rd and flyer attached!!  I have tweaked the list to make a better flow plus added some new (and older) dance requests too.

Calling ALL dancers of all levels......Saturday, Feb. 3rd is our next LET'S DANCE DAY!!   Come dance with us and bring your BFFs.  We have four hours of dancing (from 12 noon to 4 p.m.)  Rotation of beginner then intermediate/adv. and plenty of floor splits, all day. There are some new fun dances on the playlist, plus lots of our old fav's. Let me know if you have requests, BEFORE I publish the playlist or it will have to be for the next LDD. :-)  I try to send out the playlist 2 weeks in advance so that you can practice what you want to be able to dance at LDD!  Be sure to bring your own water/soft drinks, lunch, and/or snacks.  If you want a copy of the playlist to follow on Let's Dance Day, please print one and bring it along, tho I will make a few copies.  It is on my website too!!!  www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com

(There are flyers on there too if you need some for your classes).

LDD will be at the Beardall Sr. Center at 800 Delaney Ave., Orlando 32801.  This is a big brick 3 story building at the corners of Delaney Ave, Gore St. and right off Orange Ave.  There is parking all the way around the building, (and at the bank next door as well), but use the handicapped door on the Gore St. parking lot side to enter the building as the other doors are locked on weekends.  We dance in the ballroom on the 2nd floor and there is an elevator!!

Since we are finished at 4, you will have time to go to dinner and then go to your other favorite dance place and dance all night too! Come if you can and we will have a fun, no stress dance day.

LET'S DANCE

Lindy

lindysda...@gmail.com

www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com

407-721-5106

*****************************

SUBJECT: Canadian Line Dance Classic Pre-Reg Deadline

CONTACT: Judy McDonald 416-220-5688 or Tina Veliotis 773-633-7555 or judymc...@cogeco.ca

If you missed the Early Bird deadline, the Pre-Registration deadline is coming up on January 31st!

The Canadian Line Dance Classic is taking place March 16-18, 2018 in St. Catherines, Ontario, Canada...just 15 minutes from beautiful Niagara Falls.  We have 3 workshop rooms starting Friday at 6pm and continuing until 2pm on Sunday.  Enjoy open dancing on Friday and Saturday evenings in either our “Anything Goes” room with DJ Jill Babinec, or our “Country & Oldies” room with DJ Lynn Warden.  These rooms are side by side so you can easily move from one to the other.

Our staff includes Guillaume Richard (FR), Rosie Multari (NY), Trevor Thornton (FL), Jamie Marshall (KY), Derek Steel (MI), Mark Cosenza (IL), Tina Foster (OH), Janet Martin (ON), Jill Babinec (OH), Lynn Warden (ON) and Judy McDonald (ON).

Book your room at the Holiday Inn & Suites Parkway Convention Centre by calling 905-688-2324 or 877-660-8550 and ask for the Dance Line room rate.  For further information, visit www.judymcdonald.ca or call Judy at 416-220-5688 (CA) or Tina at 773-633-7555 (US).

Thanks,

Judy McDonald & Tina Veliotis

Event Directors

Canadian Line Dance Classic

March 16-18, 2018

Celebrate Dance in Toronto

June 21-24, 2018

www.judymcdonald.ca ;

416-220-5688 CA cell

773-322-7360 US cell

*********************************

SUBJECT: Social In Naples, Florida Saturday night 1/20/18

FROM: Jamie Leick (tom_jam...@yahoo.com)

Just a great night of dancing Saturday night at our social here in Naples! We even had some visitors that joined us for the first time! Many thanks to all who came out and enjoyed the evening with us and special thanks to those who helped set up and tear down the hall!

The dances we did (with the floor split in parentheses):

85 (Continental)

55 Ford (Eye Candy)

A Kind Of Hush (Mamma Maria)

All Katchi, All Night Long (Have A Good Time)

Back It Up (Cowboy Boogie)

Best Mistakes (Let It Bay - Be)

Blessed (Stroll Along Cha Cha)

Chill Factor (Cupid Shuffle)

Coming Unplugged (Rumba Here Lately)

Cry To Me (Canadian Stroll)

Dance Her Home (Barstool)

Dock Of The Bay (Disco)

East to West 17 (Disco)

Everybody’s Groovin' (Country As Can Be)

Feel (Let It Bay - Be)

Float Your Boat (Stroll Along Cha Cha)

Friday At The Dance (Two Step)

Handclap (All About That Bass)

Happy Dance (Booty To The Floor AB)

Holdin' Me Back (T-Town Boogie)

High On Loving You (Let It Bay - Be)

Hurts Like A Cha Cha (Nothing Ever Hurt Like You Easy)

I Was Wrong (Mamma Maria)

If You Ever (Let It Bay - Be)

I’m in Love With You (Charleston)

Kissing Strangers/Kissing Strangers EZ (Gloria)

Lady In Red (Ipanema Girl)

Lay It Back (Lay It Back A Little)

Love Junk (Two Step)

Martini Time (Eye Candy)

My Heart Is In Havana (Beautiful Birds)

No Regrets (K Is For Kicks)

Nu Flow (Barstool)

Oh Mama Hey (T-Town Boogie)

Part-Time Girlfriend (Rita's Waltz)

Power Mix (Rumba Here Lately)

Rebel Just For Kicks (K Is For Kicks)

Safe In These Arms (Rumba Here Lately)

Serious Love (Zoe's Waltz)

Sh-Boom Shuffle (Pants On Fire)

Simplemente (Ipanema Girl)

Smooth Criminal (Booty To The Floor AB)

Stitches (Cowboy Boogie)

Story (Lipstick Powder & Paint)

Sweet Caroline (Tush Push)

Swing Your Chains (Moving Hips)

The Ghost Of You (Beautiful Birds)

Thumbs Up (Country As Can Be)

To Be Human (Let It Bay - Be)

Under the Sun (Charleston)

Wave On Wave (Moving Hips)

Your Place Or Mine (Moves Like Jagger)

1159

3 Rules

American Kids

Beautiful Wonderful

Bittersweet Memory

Bloodstone

Clap Snap

Drinkin' Problem

Have A Good Time

Keep It Groovin’

Lights Down Low

Lonely Drum

Midnight Walk

My Reason

Bread & Butter

Somebody Wants You!

Sound of Silence

Stomp Your Feet

The Wild Life

Woo Woo

Yeah!

***************************

New England Men Of Line Dance

From Bob Grundy

Due to conflicts with the Claddagh Pub schedule it is necessary to cancel the New England Men Of Line Dance event on March 10. We will work to find a time in the future in our support of the Jason Farley All In For A CURE FOUNDATION. For those who have sent in your forms, a return of your fee will be returned.

Thank You for your understanding and we look forward to securing another date as soon as possible.

***********************************

SUBJECT: John Robinson Tour Update

FROM: mrsho...@gmail.com

It’s almost time for my last stop in California!

Mon Jan 22, 1-4pm in CATHEDRAL CITY

Outdoor Resorts Palm Springs

El Saguaro Clubhouse

69411 Ramon Road

with Anna Maria Prach

Coming up next, my Texas Mini-Tour:

Thu Jan 25, 2-4pm in DALLAS

Chinese Community Center

400 N Greenville Ave #12, Richardson

with Juliet Lam

Mon Jan 29, 11am-3pm in BUDA

Onion Creek Senior Center

420 Barton Crossing

with Sybil Childers

Teachers and dancers in Texas: I’m available next weekend Fri thru Sun for group classes or private lessons. 😊

--

Keep on dancin' and keep it fun,

John Robinson | www.mrshowcase.net

JOIN ME AT THESE UPCOMING EVENTS:

Workshop at Outdoor Resorts Palm Springs in Cathedral City CA Jan 22

Texas Mini-Tour (Dallas/Buda) Jan 25, 29

Eastside Station in Snellville GA Jan 31

Big Bang Dance Classic at Crowne Plaza Executive Park in Charlotte NC Feb 1-4

******************************

Subject: suggested dance

From: c.bauer...@aon.at

Gorgeous dance by Fred Whitehouse & Niels Poulsen: I Am Your Man! The choreography is sophisticated and hits the music so perfectly, I can’t get enough of dancing it. Dance already taught in the autumn advanced class. Because the dance is so awesome, we decided to teach it again in one of the current inermediate classes!

Thank you Fred and Niels.

Christine Bauer-Matesa, Vienna, Austria

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:

SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

Stacy Garcia is the webmaster and keeps these lists current BUT ONLY WITH YOUR HELP.  Please make changes/corrections/additions using these forms:

TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal

https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.

Carol Craven