World Line Dance Newsletter Monday 8/10

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 10, 2015, 10:49:45 AM8/10/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
MONDAY, AUGUST 10.

NOTE FROM ME:  A lot of people are writing and asking if I am over the shingles.  Well, the answer is yes and no.  AFTER the shingles I got something called post-herpetic neuralgia, which means the nerves got involved and the pain is quite intense.  Mine started with nerve spasms about five times a day and was very severe.  That stopped in about a week with the upping of one of the meds I was on.  The after effects are just continued pain in the area where the shingles were, very sensitive to touch, and it feelsl like many tiny little needles sticking in your skin.  In the morning it is about a 2 on a scale of 10.  In the later afternoon and early evening, it is about an 8 on the scale and some days are better than others.  I am just dealing with it at the moment and it IS GETTING BETTER each week but I think it will be a few more weeks before I really feel totally back to normal.  With the help of knowledgeable friends and research, I am just trying to really get my immune system in good shape and keeping it there so this doesn't return (because shingles can return and for some people it is often).

I'm not just whining this time.  This is my last-ditch effort to get you to get the shot if you haven't done it.  They recommend people over 60 get it because one in three will get shingles and a lower percentage of those will get what I got afterwards but neither are fun.  Thanks for asking about how I'm doing and thanks to all of you who told me you got the shot.  I am one of those people who really HATE being sick so I am doing everything I can to get rid of this, including keeping moving and dancing.   Maybe someday Diane Petoskey will write an article about how to have a healthy immune system so we can all keep dancing!  Hint Hint.

****************************

ADDITIONS/CORRECTIONS TO THE SURVEY:  Girl Crush is by Rachael McEnaney-White and Alison Johnstone (not Johnson).

********************************

SUBJECT:  MOST VIEWED ON WWW.COPPERKNOB.COM
FROM:  GEORGE

1(2782 Views)Don't Make Me Suffer    Jose Miguel Belloque Vane (NL), Sebastiaan Holtland (NL), Roy Verdonk, (NL) Aug 2015   96 Count     2 Wall     Advanced waltz     Music: Suffer -

Charlie Puth (EP: Some Type of Love 2015)

2(1795 Views)Choka Choka    Ria Vos, Tessa Jansen & Vincent Versteegh – Aug 2015   64 Count     2 Wall     Easy Intermediate     Music: "Choka Choka" Crossfire,

3(1691 Views)Witness    Fred Whitehouse, Darren Bailey – July 2015   80 Count     1 Wall     Phrased Advanced     Music: Daughtry - Witness (stripped version)

4(1591 Views)The Bomp    Kim Ray (May 2015)   64 Count     2 Wall     Improver     Music: Who Put The Bomp? by The Overtones (Saturday Night At The Movies Album) [89 bpm - 2:36 mins]

5(1579 Views)Don't Let The Sun Go Down!    Niels Poulsen & Simon Ward (May 2015)   32 Count     4 Wall     Intermediate NC     Music: Don't let the sun go down on me by George Michael

feat. Elton John.: [5:46. iTunes, etc.]

6(1417 Views)Holler Back    Darren Bailey – Aug 2015   32 Count     4 Wall     High Improver     Music: Holler Back (Lost Trailers)

7(1390 Views)Summertime Love    Kate Sala (UK) July 2015   40 Count     4 Wall     Easy Intermediate     Music: ‘El Mismo Sol' by Alvaro Soler.

8(1287 Views)And Get It On    Daniel Trepat (NL) & Jose Miquel Belloque Vane (NL) March. 2015   32 Count     4 Wall     Intermediate     Music: Marvin Gaye by Charlie Puth ft. Meghan

Trainor

9(1266 Views)I Said I Do    Daniel Whittaker – July 2015   64 Count     2 Wall     Intermediate     Music: "I Do" by Only The Young

10(1063 Views)Little Liza Jane    Niels Poulsen (Denmark) June 2015

NOTE FROM ME:  There are some good dances on this list.

********************************
Subject: High-Beg. to Inter-Adv. Tuesday, Aug. 11th, Sunday Social Oct. 18th& The  After Tampa Classic Party Nov 9th

       We had a great class last Tuesday and we are looking forward to celebrating Three Birthday this Tuesday! Marilyn's, Neil's & Cheryl's.  It' Party time!
       Don't forget our class is every Tuesday now! We are really excited about it and plan on getting  much more dancing in!

         We are pleased to announce that our after Tampa Classic Party is back Nov. 9th! Hope a bunch of you will make your flights to fly home on Tuesday so you can attend! We dance all

the dances we learned there plus others.

        Next Sunday Social is scheduled for  Oct. 18th so please mark your calendar! We already have a few Instructors planned!
        We will be dancing Witness later in the evening!

                          Teaches:
          Sinner by Roy V & Roy H taught by Carol
           WTF by Joey W, Darren B,& Fred W taught by Lynda

  Reviews from Social and last week:
            Riversoul taught by Diane
            Foot Play taught by Ann
            Coming Unplugged taught bt Lynda

Hands Up – 1 wall – Jai (this one is always done at events and I could never remember it.), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqfMSEzZTjw

Flip on the Lights by Ria Vos  (we love this little dance.  If you haven't done it, you would like it.), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_2Pxsy1YrM

Foot Play – Teach – Ann (This is a really fun dance.), Foot Play,Foot Play,
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Foot+play+line+dance

Your loving arms – 1 wall – Cheryl, I really love this dance.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6mlGwfEZU  Your loving Arms by Vikki Morris

Coming Unplugged (by Patrick Fleming.  I'm so glad we finally are doing this one.)   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsySKonFCW8

Riversoul – teach -  Diane.  This one is continuing to grow in popularity.  It was a big hit at FITS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57sqEy48w48

Reviews and/or being danced:

Shut Up and Dance By Cody Flowers taught by Lynda
Beautiful Goodbye  by Michael Barr taught by MaryAnn
Honey, I'm Good by Brenna Smith taught by Ann
I'm Ready by Amy Glass
Homegrown by Rachael taught by Ann
Tell The World By Robbie McGowan taught Sheri
Down To The Wire by Julia Wetzel taught by MaryAnn
Lay It Right by Scott taught by Sheri
Get It On By Daniel & Raymond taught by Lynda
Your Loving Arms by Vikki Morris taught by Lynda
Run by Scott B taught by Sheri
Love Me Like You Do by Ria Vos taught by Ann
Girl Crush by Rachael & Allison J
Wakey Wakey by Scott Blevins taught by Liz
Shades of Passion by Rob Fowler taught by Carol
New Shades of Blue by Yvonne Anderson taught by Liz
Rock & Roll King by Rachael taught by Ann
Twisted Sister by Guyton taught by Sheri
Flip On The Lights by Ria Vos taught by Lynda
Yes by Simon & Jo T taught by Sheri
Cecilia by Willie Brown & Heather Barton taught by MaryAnn
Beneath It All by Amy Glass taught by Sheri
 Uptown Funk by Rob Fowler taught by Lynda
 Pull The Trigger by Scott taught by Sheri
 Just Be by Fred & Darren taught by Cheryl
 Rhythm of Love by Rob Fowler taught by Ann
 Breakin'  Me by Fred, Darren and Raymond taught by Cheryl
 Get Ready by Julia Wetzel taught by Liz
 Such a Fool by Neils Poulsen taught  by MaryAnn

New Dances requested:

Don't Make Me Suffer
Choka Choka
Little Liza Jane
Don't Let the Sun Go Down
How Will I know by Rachael & Linda M
Bang by Rhoda Lai
Jesse James by Rachael
Shake It Off by Peter & Allison
They Call Me The Breeze by Teather-Palmer
Sugar Rush by Trevor Thornton
I Hate Myself by Guyton
See You Again by Guyton & Klara Wallman
Turn The Beat Around by Rob Fowler & Dee Musk
Beautiful Goodbye by Michael Barr
You're So Beautiful by Lorenzo
Make It Rain by Daniel T Fred & The Kinsers
Psycho by Jill B. & Guyton Mundy
The Way You Look by Darren, Fred & Raymond taught by Diane
Hypnotized by Darren, Fred and Raymond

Our class is a non profit class where anyone that wants to  teaches  and that makes it so much fun!
Thanks for all the support we continue to get year after year!
 For a list of all dances we taught in our class please email me!

             Studio Location:
             Bayou Dance Club
             6541 102nd Ave
             Pinellas Park, Fl
             33782

            630 open dance
            7:00 class Starts
           $8.00 for class
Snacks and water are always available

          Diane bpo...@tampabay.rr.com
          Carol tka...@aol.com
**************************
From: "Wild Roses Dance Team"
FROM:
wen...@wildrosesdanceteam.com

Subject: Third Annual Wild Roses Workshop and Social Dance (Ft Pierce, FL)
From: Wendie Smith (in...@wildrosesfoundation.org)

Start making your plans and get your registrations in for our 3rd Annual Wild Roses Workshop on October 10, 2015 from 10am-4pm with instructors; Patrick Fleming, Trevor Thornton,

Larry Bass & Marilyn McNeal.  This year's theme is Black & White so come dressed in your favorite little black dress or white hot jeans!

Early registration (by 9/10) is just $40 and includes the Friday night social, entrance to all workshops, lunch & the social Saturday night.  All events will take place at the beautiful River

Walk Center in Fort Pierce where we will have a beginner room in addition to the regular room.  If you have never attended a workshop this is your chance!

Space is limited so go to www.wildrosesfoundation.org to REGISTER NOW.

This event is a fundraiser for the Wild Roses Foundation. All proceeds will support the foundation in addition a portion will be donated to The Inner Truth Project, a not for profit

organization committed to changing the conversation and eliminating the shame and secrecy of sexual abuse, violence or rape. We believe that speaking our truth in a safe, accepting

and healing environment is the first step on our journey forward.
*******************************
Subject: Dances this week at the Waterin' Trough Nightclub in Pinellas Park, FL

From: John Dembiec

Here is this weeks dances for the Waterin Trough Nightclub:
Tuesday: Copperhead Road - club dance
               Step Off by Frank Trace
               First Kiss by Randy Pelletier
Thursday: First Kiss
                 Homegrown by Rachael McEnaney-White
                 Crushin' It by John Robinson
Friday: Two Step class. Great job last week guys, let's keep ii up.
Saturday: Step Off
                Homegrown
                Pontoon by Gail Smith (club request)

Remember Tuesday nights we allow 9 year olds and up. We've been having a good turn out lately, so let's keep up the good work.

Also, remember to book your cabin for the 5 Guys and a DJ cruise. Balconies are almost sold out already. Don't wait until Dec. 1st. Do it now before Christmas shopping starts. No

excuses for not having money because of x-mas.

John

TwS...@aol.com
**********************************
Subject: Big Bang Dance Classic (Feb 4 - 7 2016) Charlotte, NC

 From: Empire Dance Productions
You are invited to THE 4th ANNUAL BIG BANG DANCE CLASSIC in CHARLOTTE, NC.  February 4 - 7, 2016.

BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOM ASAP:
Go to Empiredance.us for the link to book online or phone number to call and book.

FREE AIRPORT SHUTTLE !!!! FREE PARKING !!!!!!

           Registration Form:
Please visit the website at  Empiredance.us

Workshops:
ALL workshops will begin Friday morning (over 60 hours) and  are included in your weekend or daily passes.   Thursday Night will have a kick off open dance party.

Instructors & DJ’s:
Instructors and DJ’s from around the world have been CONFIRMED and you don’t want to miss this line-up:
Jill Babinec, Scott Blevins, Bill Bragg, Karen Corbett, Dancin' Dean, Sue Ann Ehmann, Lorenzo Evans, Amy Glass, Steve Lascarbeau, Rachael McEnaney, Rosie Multari, Guyton Mundy,

John Robinson,  Vickie Schermbeck, Dancin' Terry, Fred Whitehouse, Junior Willis, and Brandon Zahorsky
Wildman Louis St George and JP Potter  -Main Ballroom DJ  Jill  Babinec -Beginner room DJ.

CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION - United States Line Dance Choreography Championships. Check out the USLDCC web site for more information.  www.USLDCC.com
   Please visit  www.USLDCC.com for complete rules and for more information, please email us at in...@USLDCC.com.
Travel:
For those traveling to the event, the closest airport is Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT).  A free shuttle will be provided from the airport to the hotel. The event will start on

Thursday evening and the last workshop is scheduled from 2:00-3:00pm on Sunday.

For more information regarding the Big Bang Dance Classic, please visit the web site at Empiredance.us

Thank You,
Will Craig
Empire Dance Productions
Empiredance.us
Empir...@aol.com

Thanks,
Will Craig

***************************
Subject: line dance with Margaret Howard
From:
howardh...@earthlink.net

Dances this week at Blur nightclub 319 Main st , Dunedin.
Smoke song by Thousand Horses dance Tim Schalch.
Rx's & oh's song Elle King. Dance Amy Glass
I'm coming over by Chris Young.Dance Margaret Morrison.
Due to schedule change Fridays will be Aug 21 & 28.
See y'all there.

Margaret M. Howard

**************************
SUBJECT: Dance News From Orlando, FL USA
FROM: Sandy Albano
email:
sandy....@gmail.com

​We are excited that our EXPERIENCE 2015 San Francisco event is now just a few weeks away.  We still have a handful of places left but please check out these pending  deadlines for

things that we think you need to know about so you are not disappointed.

AUGUST 10:  FINAL DAY TO RESERVE HOTEL ROOMS AT THE EVENT RATE.
The hotel will be closing out our room block on this day so we will no longer be able to offer the event rate of $129 per day.  The regular rate is 2-3 times higher than this so if you have not

reserved your room yet, please do so in the next FOUR DAYS!!  Also if you have already reserved a room that you do not need, please DO NOT CANCEL with the hotel.  Please contact

Diane at heathm...@aol.com  and we will try to re-assign your room to another dancer on the waiting list.  We appreciate your cooperation.

AUGUST 10:  FINAL DAY TO ORDER LIMITED EDITION EVENT T-SHIRTS
Be sure that you take a few minutes to place your order so that you can assure that you will not miss out on the "wild" red shirts!  We're expecting to see a sea of red on "Wear Your

Animal Print Night on Friday night!​  You can order one of our shirts even if you are not attending the event.  Please contact Sandy at sandy....@gmail.com or view the page on the

website for more information and mailing address.

*************************
SUBJECT:  VIDEO OF THE WEEK (COUPLES)

I took 6 hours of workshops from this top duo in the world and was present at the dance where this video was shot.  I especially enjoyed getting to dance with Jordan after the

performance.

Vivian

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov
***********************************
SUBJECT: WHAT'S NEW ON LINEDANCERWEB.COM THIS
WEEK
FROM:
laurent...@linedancerweb.com

Watch our videos and read this week's news:
PEOPLE: Meet Dee Musk and singer Nikki Napier at the LDF

event this year
MUSIC: Fantastic sassy country music by Sunny Ozzell.

Watch an interview and listen to her music
EVENTS: Terrific fun video from Spain Summerline event. This

year was Flintstone event... Yabada badoo!
PROFILES: An exclusive interview of Fred Whitehouse. The

Irish charmer choreographer and dancer talks openly to Betty

Drummond
BLOG: our Help. Don't Hurt campaign continues. Bullying can

never be right and Ryan King fronts this worthwhile campaign

Download the new Onlinedancer
Now you can download individual copies of the monthly

magazine on your computer for just £ 1.50 (approx a little more

than $2). You can then keep it and print whatever you may

want to print at will!

Brand new scripts
A full and complete library that is constantly updated. Register

FREE and vote for your favourites. Your vote will determine

who gets the next Crystal Boot awards... Each script is

presented in a totally interactive way with videos and music

links, voting links and reviews to read or write....

And so much more
Discover our Beginners section, Wikidance, Clubs and

Message board to name but a few

www.linedancerweb.com is COMPLETELY FREE to use and

all you have to do is register to be part of the fun!
SUBJECT:  DANVILLE (VIRGINIA) DANCE FEST WITH JOEY
WARREN--September 11-13, 2015
FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (
linedan...@nc.rr.com)

It's time for the annual fall intermediate-level line dance
weekend with guest instructor Joey Warren.  He will be joining
event director Harold Logan, instructors Bonnie Mathews and
Sue Ann Ehmann, as well as our wonderful dj Mary Kaye
Johnson, for a relaxed, fun-filled two days and nights of new
teaches, open dancing and socializing   We start with open
dancing on Friday night ($5) from 7 to 10 p.m.  All request--and
I mean ALL REQUEST!!  You ask for it, Mary Kaye plays it.

Saturday begins with sign-in and registration at 9:30 with
some dancing as well.  Classes start at 10 and end at 5, with an
hour or so lunch break and open dancing in between teaches
--again, all request.  Lots of restaurants in walking distance or
bring your lunch.  Music playing while we eat so you can
dance or not....  We break for dinner and come back at 7 for 3
more hours of open dancing and review (if that is  requested).

Sunday we come back from 10 to 2 with the most difficult,
anything goes dances reserved for that morning.

The cost of the weekend is just $35, or $45 at the door.  The
location is the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street,
Danville.  Host hotel is the Comfort Inn & Suites on Tower
Drive (434-793-2000).  Mention the Danville Dance Fest for their
special rate of $85 + tax per night--includes breakfast.   To find
out about preregistration, please call/email Cindy Jones with
the Center--434-799-5216 or jon...@danvilleva.gov.  If you
have any questions about the event itself, please email me.
********************************
SUBJECT:  SOME FLIGHT DEALS FROM CHEAPFLIGHTS.COM (These are probably from or to Florida since that is how I'm subscribed)

 Destination Flights fr Or Search...
 1. Las Vegas $74 Flight + Hotel
 2. Orlando $64 Flight + Hotel
 3. New York $80 Flight + Hotel
 4. Atlanta $78 Flight + Hotel
 5. Los Angeles $80 Flight + Hotel

Top Beaches
 Destination Flights fr Or Search...
 1. Myrtle Beach $90 Flight + Hotel
 2. Cancun $277 Flight + Hotel
 3. Honolulu $408 Flight + Hotel
 4. Miami $78 Flight + Hotel
 5. Fort Lauderdale $86 Flight + Hotel

Best of Europe
  Destination Flights fr Or Search...
 1. London $575 Flight + Hotel
 2. Paris $556 Flight + Hotel
 2. Rome $647 Flight + Hotel
 4. Dublin $536 Flight + Hotel
 5. Madrid $686 Flight + Hotel

More Hotspots
  Destination Flights fr Or Search...
 1. Cabo San Lucas $275 Flight + Hotel
 2. Tampa $80 Flight + Hotel
 3. San Diego $136 Flight + Hotel
 4. Punta Cana $346 Flight + Hotel
 5. Montego Bay $396 Flight + Hotel

Prices are from the amount stated, for a return ticket, and include taxes and charges. Prices correct as of 08/07/2015
Search more destinations

Questions or notes please send to TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.
The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine.  Please be tactful. I do not endorse or guarantee any offers.or anything exchanged for money.
PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by 6 pm EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.
HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:
Please TYPE in:
SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things.. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help.

ADD YOUR EVENTS WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/wtd/usa.html or choose your country's form.
If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you can mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to my paypal account at tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com