World Line Dance Newsletter Thursday 8/17 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 17, 2017, 9:09:28 AM8/17/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

Thursday 8/17

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

RE:  Hotlanta Line Dance Jam

FROM:  JC Dance Productions, inc

Hotlanta Line Dance Jam is just ONE week away and we are super-excited to be heading to Atlanta!!!

Hotlanta Logo

WORKSHOP SCHEDULES

Please visit the website for the workshop schedule at:

http://www.jcdanceproductions.com/hotlanta-line-dance-jam/

HOTEL ROOM

We have a room available at the event rate, please email us if you still need a room at: jcdancepr...@gmail.com

ONLINE REGISTRATION

Online registration is now CLOSED.   Please register onsite beginning on Friday morning.  DO NOT MAIL YOUR REGISTRATIONS.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT PRE-PARTY

Anyone who will be coming to Atlanta on Wednesday is invited to come out to the Wednesday night line dance at EASTSIDE STATION located at 2166 Highpoint Road, Snellville, GA 30078.

From the hotel, take I-285 around to the east of Atlanta to US-78 (Stone Mountain Freeway) and head east.  When you get to High Point Road, go right and Eastside is the first drive on your left up on the hill.

John Robinson is scheduled to teach.  The cost is $5.00.   Lesson is around 7:30pm.  We've heard that they have good food and it's a fun place.   Hope to see some of you there!

THURSDAY NIGHT DANCE

The Thursday night dance is FREE and open to everyone.

**************************

SUBJECT:  BEGINNER CLASS IN LARGO

FROM:   anns...@yahoo.com

Hope you can join us at the HIGHLAND RECREATION CENTER IN LARGO.  Teaches this week:

Lonely Drum and

1159

10:30 - 12

Thank you.

Anne Splain

******************************

SUBJECT:  WHAT MAURICE ROWE IS TEACHING AT THE ROUNDUP IN TAMPA

This week at The Round Up in Tampa

Thursday is back on event was canceled.

1. I Love This life review

2. Oops Baby review

3. Boom Pow by Scott & Jo

Friday & Saturday

1. Made in the shade Rachael &Jo

2. I love this life review

3. Ain't my fault review

Class is 7-9pm. See you all on the dance floor at The Round Up Maurice

**********************************

SUBJECT:  DANCIN' WITH MARILYN, OCALA, FL

FROM:  Marilyn McNeal, BoarsN...@aol.com

Wednesday night Intermediate-Advanced Class this week:

Reviews of the cool dances we've done in July and August, plus

another little one!

Classics played at all dance events included Have Fun Go Mad, Intrigue, Hideaway Cha, and Islands in the Stream.

New ones taught these past 6 weeks with those classics include Taking Care of You, Somebody Wants You, I Am Your Man, Summerthing, Everyday's a Holiday, Work, Work, Friday at the Dance, and Time to Surrender. Added time allowed for open dance also.

See you 5:30-7:30PM at Marion Health Center, 1714 SW 17th Street.

PS. On a personal note, our sincere thanks for all the kind wishes for Ray's recovery from the stroke barely 3 weeks ago. He is doing really well, and very devoted to his weekly outpatient therapy. We are so blessed with many friends and the prayers sent up for him, and me too. Others are struggling with loss and illness right now and we are also praying for you and your families.

**********************************

SUBJECT:  LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR WINDY CITY EVENT

FROM:  EVE

Hi Everyone,

Windy City is close right now and we are very excited about seeing all of you in Chicago in October.

We do need volunteers for the registration desk.

Depending on the hours that you volunteer you then get certain discounts on your registration fee.

Please contact me if you are interested in helping at Windy City.

Also, I would like to remind you that early registration is due by August 31.  It must be postmarked on that date.

Thank you in advance and look forward to seeing all of you at Windy City in October.

Eve Yeaton

Co-Event Director

WCLDM

***********************************

SUBJECT:  ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

15 August 2017 Edition

www.atlantadanceweekly.com

PLEASE send any future items to: atlantada...@gmail.com    THANKS

********************************

SUBJECT: Line dance classes with Bracken

FROM: Brack...@gmail.com

For those in the Bonita/Chula Vista area of California - line dance classes with Bracken start up again THIS FRIDAY. It will be a four-class session over four weeks (no breaks this time!).

Classes are Friday afternoons from 2 to 3:30 at Selah Groove in Bonita. Session is $32 per person. Level of dances taught is determined by who signs up, but we don't typically go above solid intermediate - we mostly stay improver / low intermediate level and throw in some easy beginner dances, too. Hope to see you there!

Note, AFTER this session, we will be on break until November.

**********************************

SUBJECT:  FS DANCE WORKSHOP

FROM:  TREVOR THORNTON and SUZANNE WILSON

Subject- Workshop/social, Sept 9th, Longwood Fl.

Trevor Thornton and Suzanne Wilson are putting on a Dance Workshop at a new dance studio in Longwood, FL which is just north of Altamonte Springs.  This is indicated as an Intermediate to Advanced level workshop with social dancing in between the lessons.  It will be coming up soon on Saturday, Sept 9th and the cost is only $25.

There is a limit of 50 dancers so if this is something you are interested in, sign up today.   PayPal is the easiest and quickest way to do this.  Just open any browser and type:  paypal.me/FSdance   Then follow the prompts.

You can bring your own snacks and drinks but you can buy bottled water/soda for $1 if you wish.  Includes admission to the Barn in Sanford on that Saturday night as well.  You can find more information and flyer on his Facebook page "Faster Smoother Dance" Or e-mail him for more details at Trev...@yahoo.com

Does this work??

Trevor Thornton,

USLDCC- Champion

Choreographer/Instructor

#FSdance

 "Dance to Express, Not impress"

Faster Smoother Dance's photo.

SEP9

FSDance Workshop/Social

**************************************

SUBJECT : World DJ Play List – A True Reflection?

FROM : Grro...@btinternet.com

Hello all dancers and event organisers and those from the USA in particular.

I’ve had recent E-mail conversations with Carol Craven reference the chart not being a true representation of what’s being danced socially in the USA.

Well, it’s not, but there’s a simple explanation.

At present, the UK is leading the field with the number of contributors.

UK – 66 contributors, reporting on 229 events with 12,453 dances

USA – 6 contributors, reporting on 15 events with 960 dances

Rest of the World – trailing behind.

So there’s where the discrepancy lies. If you’d like to see more from the USA, I need more contributors.

If interested, send your social play list to me at

Grro...@btinternet.com

See

http://www.grrowler.com/public_html/DJ%20Play%20Lists/DJ%20Play%20lists.htm

for a guide and the current world chart.

I REALLY NEED CHOREOGRAPHER NAMES as well as the correct dance title.

Yours in anticipation.

John “Grrowler” Rowell (UK)

Your dancin’ DJ

**************************************

From:  Norma, Brooksville FL, nerb...@tampabay.rr.com

Subject:  Line Dancing at Brookridge

Intermediate Class, Brookridge, 8/15/17, 11AM-1PM @ $6

             (All review unless otherwise designated)

1.  California/ Albro

2.  Drunken Dreams / Whitehouse & Poulsen

3.  Slow Burn 17 / Glover NEW

4.  Work Work / Fowler & Bailey

5.  Starving / Lai   NEW

6.  10 Minute Walk / Ellis & Ward

7.  Central Standard Time / Albro

8.  Lonely Drum / Mitchell  NEW

As we are an OPEN Community, we welcome any area

line dancer that wishes more Intermediate lessons!

Reminder:  There is a Workshop on Saturday, January 20th,

so don’t wait!  There is limited seating, so sign up now, so you

don’t get left out!!  Also, the $35 entry fee has a time limit as well.

I’ll have registration forms on the table at all of our Lessons and

Socials, ( next Social is Sat., Sept 9th!)  with all the info!

We thank Cher again, for subbing for Marilyn, who will be out

until possibly October. e-mail or call me for more info on the

Workshop or for info on the Line Dance Program here, at

Brookridge!  I’d love to talk to you!  (352) 397-6088.....Norma

~dance til you drop~  *GOD BLESS AMERICA*

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven