World Line Dance Newsletter Thursday 8/13 REMINDER TO VOTE!

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 13, 2015, 9:29:33 AM8/13/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
THURSDAY, 8/13.  Best of luck to everyone competing at the World Dance Masters.  Can't wait to see who wins the choreography competition.  They will be coming over here to teach at the Line Dance Showdown as part of the all-expense paid trip over to the U.S. as a result of winning.  If you are on Facebook, you can follow the activities through people who post and I will try to share info I find on FB.  For starters:

WORLD DANCE MASTERS PROGRAM AND DANCES TO BE TAUGHT:
http://worlddancemasters.com/worlds/resources/wdm15-event-schedule-all.pdf

**********************************
SUBJECT: NEW DANCES/VIDEOS ADDED
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/videos_new_dances.html

AUGUST 13
Blue Smoke/Anja Daßler & Tevin Pettis/Phrased Int - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF6Xb4PLzRI
Don Juan/Chris Cleevely/Beg - Demo: https://youtu.be/o-EEuIuEKQc
Easy Beginner Dance/IW/No Info Given In body of Email
Pop 'n Drop/Ria Vos & Dee Musk/Int
Rio De Amor (River Of Love)/Ira Weisburd/Beg - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QUkTZdYGtQ

AUGUST 12
That's the Only Way/Niels Poulsen, Ria Vos & Rhoda Lai – Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRbo1qPifTM
Want to Want Me/Judy Rodgers/Imp

AUGUST 10
Another Lesson Learned/Carol Cotherman/Imp - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjzF0loqcfs
Feels Like Rain/Wil Bos/High Int - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGZplxzId7E
Lucky Sevens/Carol Cotherman/Int - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NihfJee3C2Y

AUGUST 09
Boot Scootin' Boogie/Sonja Hemmes/Beg-Imp
Cherokee Swing/Martie Papendorf/Beg - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3N-Z5eymxI
Deep In the Heart of Texas/Sonja Hemmes/Beg
Going Down Jordan/Martie Papendorf/AB - Demo: https://youtu.be/Rv42XPFUrVw
La Bamba/Sonja Hemmes/High Beg
Puttin' On the Ritz/Sonja Hemmes/Beg
Sweet Sweet Smile/Sonja Hemmes/Beg
The Candy Man/Sonja Hemmes/High Beg

AUGUST 08
Low Key/Francien Sittrop/Imp - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKBZE3TtmK8

Stacy J Garcia
stacy...@gmail.com
World Line Dance Newsletter
www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

***********************
SUBJ:  SWINGIN LINE DANCE PARTY  WITH GUYTON & JAMIE - THE GREAT WOLF LODGE, MASON, OH - AUGUST 28 - 30TH
FROM:  JAMIE MARSHALL -
thejamie...@att.net

We still have room for you at the Swingin Line Dance Party being held Aug 28-30th at The Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, OH! JoinGuyton Mundy and me for a weekend of great dancing, fun, water park (I can only imagine) and lots of open dancing! There will be lots of social dancing and line dancers are invited to take the FREE WCS Track! There's also a poker tournament, ladies clothing exchange and more! (www.jasonandsophy.com) Only $89 for the weekend that includes the Saturday night buffet and show! ($59 with no buffet or show... there will no open dancing during this time.) ($30 for a daily Friday or Saturday worksohp pass) "Suites" are available at a very discounted rate of only $159 (+$14.99 resort fee) with a 2-night minimum. Your suite reservation includes 4 tix to the HUGE water park. Be sure to call 513-459-8885 x557 to make your reservation. Please help spread the word! Please email me at thejamie...@att.net for additional details! See you in Ohio!

********************************
SUBJECT:  DANCES THIS WEEK
FROM:  BIG DAVE

World Dance Masters week so no Wednesday class, but a few of us got together Tuesday instead - Got round to 3 great new dances I've been looking forward to doing :

Mind Over Matter (Niels & Simon) - 64/2 Intermediate - A great beaty pop Cha like 'Counting Stars'

Bad Girls (Simon & Maddisio) - 32/2 Intermediate - A cool funky smooth pop West Coast like 'Have Fun Go Mad'

Witness (Fred Whitehouse & Darren Bailey) - Phrased Advanced - An awesome & epic Nightclub like an 'Angels On The Moon'

We recapped Better Box It Up, The Light, Shut Up & Dance, Can't Feel My Face, Effortless & Don't Let The Sun Go Down. - Other recent popular dances which the class have nailed down

include Pop 'n Drop, Party Freaks & Alcohol, Riversoul, Black Magic, Get Up Get Down, Do What You Do, Sirens, Your Place Or Mine, Sugar Rush, Lay It Right, Broken Wings, Flashlight,

Part Of Me, Get Ugly, Stonecold, WTF & You're Not The Boss Of Me - Now I could do with a wall of some of these but the class don't !! :-)

Thanks again to my AZ's - Sorry it's a 5 week break but see you all next for a Wednesday class Newline week (at the hotel) - And then the Thursday pre-event social night hosted by Dee &

Shiv :-)

Off to Masters - Cya there if you are going - And likewise the SF Experience my next stop via Tucson - See all our Tucson dancing friends next week :-) Looking forward to teaching some

of the Masters hits at Deanna's class in Tucson the week after next :-)

Dave
*****Come & dance with us at Just Dance, Port Talbot, South Wales 5th - 7th February 2016 - With Dee & Karl ... And DJ me :-) ..... 2 nights DB&B £159 - Quality & fun mainstream dancing

=== Events : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/EventFlyersBookingForms.html
=== VIP's : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/JoinVIP.htm
===www.bigdavegastap.com
07868-424587 (Pauline/Booking Line)
Dave Baycroft
48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington Station, Northumberland, NE22 5YS
********************************
[...]

48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington Station, Northumberland, NE22 5YS Fa
**********************************

SUBJECT:  DANVILLE (VIRGINIA) DANCE FEST WITH JOEY WARREN--September 11-13, 2015

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

It's time for the annual fall intermediate-level line dance weekend with guest instructor Joey Warren.  He will be joining event director Harold Logan, instructors Bonnie Mathews and Sue

Ann Ehmann, as well as our wonderful dj Mary Kaye Johnson, for a relaxed, fun-filled two days and nights of new teaches, open dancing and socializing   We start with open dancing on

Friday night ($5) from 7 to 10 p.m.  All request--and I mean ALL REQUEST!!  You ask for it, Mary Kaye plays it.   Saturday begins with sign-in and registration at 9:30 with some dancing as

well.  Classes start at 10 and end at 5, with an hour or so lunch break and open dancing in between teaches--again, all request.  Lots of restaurants in walking distance or bring your

lunch.  Music playing while we eat so you can dance or not....  We break for dinner and come back at 7 for 3 more hours of open dancing and review (if that is  requested).  Sunday we

come back from 10 to 2 with the most difficult, anything goes dances reserved for that morning.

The cost of the weekend is just $35, or $45 at the door.  The location is the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street, Danville.  Host hotel is the Comfort Inn & Suites on Tower

Drive (434-793-2000).  Mention the Danville Dance Fest for their special rate of $85 + tax per night--includes breakfast.   To find out about preregistration, please call/email Cindy Jones

with the Center--434-799-5216 or jon...@danvilleva.gov.  If you have any questions about the event itself, please email me.
*********************************
SUBJECT:  WHAT GEOFF & CELIA ARE TEACHING IN THE UK

A bit late posting this, been too busy with grandchildren & great grandchildren on Blackpool Pleasure Beach. (Am I getting too old for this)

August 5th

A few missing at class this week which I suppose is what we have come to expect with holidays at this time of year. New dance this week was “DON’T LET THE SUN GO DOWN” ,

choreographed by Niels Poulsen & Simon Ward, a fabulous dance to an equally fabulous track “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me” by George Michael & Elton John. A nice easy 32

count, 4 wall night club with 2 easy restarts which I think should be a big hit. Re-capped “DO WHAT YOU DO” (Rachael McEnaney), showed them the easier version of the tag which a few

did but the majority carried on with the original. This is proving to be very popular with our class. Also quick recaps of “RUNNING” Will Craig, everybody loving this,(surprised more

people aren’t doing this beautiful dance) and “PARTY FREAKS AND ALCOHOL” (Kim Ray)

Playlist for the night was :- Knocking On Wood, I Got It Easy, Something In The Air, Wow Tokyo, Fly High, All I Can Say, Beautiful In My Eyes, Alcazar, Superheroes, Slam Goes The Door,

Your Loving Arms, Your Place Or Mine, Fireball, Uptown Funk, Don’t Let The Sun Go Down, Alvaro, Do What You Do (twice), Girl Crush, Party Freaks & Alcohol, Darling Hold My Hand,

Running, The Bomp, Don’t Let The Sun Go Down (again), Love Me Like You Do, Roads & Best Year.

Just  a reminder about our next Social at Shelf Village Hall, this month it’s not on the 3rd Saturday but the following week August 22nd (4th Saturday of the month)

Celia & Geoff

Best of Friends Line Dance Club

www.best-of-friends.co.uk
******************************
SUBJECT:  Upcoming Events in Ontario
FROM:  Vivienne Scott
www.stayinline.ca
Hi everyone:
A couple of dates for your diary, you will find flyers and registration forms on my website
www.stayinline.ca  or email me at lineda...@hotmail.com

***LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ..... Workshop/Dinner/Dance in Toronto, OCTOBER 23 2015

I will be teaching along with Fred Buckley, and guest instructors Zandra McCallum, Gloria Kirchner and Rhoda Lam.  Come and join us for a fun, low key afternoon of LD instruction for

Beg+/Intermediate dancers followed by a sit-down dinner (specialty pies this year) and then evening dance with Fred. A preliminary dance list is already up on Stay-In-Line.

***THE SPRING WORKSHOP   Thornhill Community Centre, Thornhill   APRIL 23 2016

Guest Instructors:  The Legendary *ROB FOWLER from Spain and Rising Star *MARIA MAAG from Denmark.

First time in Canada for both Rob and Maria.  Check www.stayinline.ca for full details, preliminary dance play list will be on the website in the Fall.

I am looking forward to seeing many of you at DANCIN’ FOR MIRACLES in Wasaga Beach, SEPTEMBER 11-13.  If you haven’t registered yet, you can get the flyer and registration form

Happy dancin’ to all,

Vivienne
***********************************
 SUBJECT: Similar company names
FROM:
pe...@kickit.to

Recently, a country dance competition organization spun off a group that is cooperating with parts of the ballroom dance world in
attempting to add country couples and line dancing to the Olympics. The name they chose for this group is World Country & Line
DanceSport Federation. That name is similar to the name of a 20-year-old corporation I manage; International LineDanceSport
Federation (ILDSF). The main product of ILDSF is a comprehensive dance syllabus in the ballroom style that can be danced solo,
similar to line dancing. The syllabus is currently available in a book and a series of DVDs at LineDanceSport.com.

I have received a few phone calls and emails from people confused by the similar names of the two companies.

Trademark and Copyright for the company name is not currently an issue. The new group is legally free to use the name World Country
& Line DanceSport Federation, as long as they do not try to incorporate in a state where ILDSF is currently incorporated (Nevada and
Minnesota). We in ILDSF wish them all the luck in the world with their endeavors, but wanted to make it clear that World Country &
Line DanceSport Federation (a group hoping to get into the Olympics) is not the same entity as The International LineDanceSport
Federation (a company that offers a solo dance syllabus in the ballroom style.)
SUBJECT: Kickit Top 10 Lists for August 12, 2015
FROM:
rpro...@aol.com

All Kickit subscribers are invited to participate in 4 ongoing surveys.
The Top 10 results for each survey are shown here. (Due to ties, lists may show more than 10 dances.)
------------------------
Most Known
------------------------
 1 Come Dance With Me by Jo Thompson
 2 Tush Push by Jim Ferrazzano & Kenneth Engel
 3 Cruisin' by Neil Hale
 4 Electric Slide by Unknown
 5 Wave On Wave by Alan G. Birchall
 6 (tie) Rio by Diana Lowery
   Watermelon Crawl by Sue Lipscomb
 8 Dizzy by Jo Thompson
 9 Chill Factor by Daniel Whittaker & Hayley Westhead
10 (tie) Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
   Toes by Rachael McEnaney
------------------------
Favorite
------------------------
 1 Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
 2 Come Dance With Me by Jo Thompson
 3 Chill Factor by Daniel Whittaker & Hayley Westhead
 4 Dizzy by Jo Thompson
 5 (tie) Toes by Rachael McEnaney
   Zjozzys Funk by Petra Van de Velde
 7 Rio by Diana Lowery
 8 (tie) Heart Of An Angel by William Brown
   Tennessee Waltz Surprise by Andy Chumbley
   Wave On Wave by Alan G. Birchall
------------------------
Most Taught
------------------------
 1 The Bomp by Kim Ray
 2 And Get It On by Daniel Trepat & Jose Miguel Belloque Vane
 3 Homegrown by Rachael McEnaney
 4 (tie) Girl Crush by Alison Johnstone & Rachael McEnaney
   Good Time Girls by Karen Kennedy
   Just Add Moonlight by Maggie Gallagher
   Olly's Up by Elke Kunze
   They Call Me The Breeze by Gaye Teather, Andrew & Sheila Palmer
   Ticket To The Blues! by Niels B. Poulsen
10 (tie) Can You 2 Step by Frank Trace
   Gleeful Waltz by Frank Trace
   Salt & Lime by John Dembiec
------------------------
Most Danced
------------------------
 1 The Bomp by Kim Ray
 2 (tie) Dear Future Husband by Julia Wetzel
   Homegrown by Rachael McEnaney
 4 (tie) American Kids by Unknown
   And Get It On by Daniel Trepat & Jose Miguel Belloque Vane
   Beautiful Goodbye by Michael Barr
   Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
   Cecilia by William Brown & Heather Barton
   Dream Lover by Daniel Whittaker
   Girl Crush by Alison Johnstone & Rachael McEnaney
   Good Time Girls by Karen Kennedy
   Hello Dolly by Lorraine Kurtela
   Imelda's Way by Adrian Churm
   Just Add Moonlight by Maggie Gallagher
   Little Rumba by Donna Laurin
   1-2-3-4 by Niels B. Poulsen
   Rock & Roll King by Rachael McEnaney
   Tell The World by Robbie McGowan Hickie
   Ticket To The Blues! by Niels B. Poulsen
   Wakey Wakey by Scott Blevins & Jo Thompson Szymanski

Questions or notes please send to TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.
The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine.  Please be tactful. I do not endorse or guarantee any offers.or anything exchanged for money.
PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by 6 pm EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.
HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:
Please TYPE in:
SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things.. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help.

ADD YOUR EVENTS WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/wtd/usa.html or choose your country's form.
If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you can mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to my paypal account at tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com