World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 8/25 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 25, 2017, 8:52:58 AM8/25/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

Friday 8/25

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

NOTE FROM ME:  It sounds like everyone is having a great time at HOTLANTA and everyone I've talked with LOVES the hotel.  I'll keep you posted on the dances and have a great weekend, everyone.  Sorry I'm not there!

*********************

SUBJECT: Dance News From Orlando, FL USA

DANCE XPERIENCE 2018 NEW ORLEANS!

FROM: Sandy Albano

email: sandy.albano@gmail.com

website: www.spreadyourwingsanddance.com

Dancers:

We still have a few spaces left to attend the fabulous Dance Xperience 2018 in New Orleans.  If you were thinking you might like to come you still have the opportunity to sign up!  We have an amazing line-up this year with 10 Choreographers on hand!  So many of our best choreographer friends are coming and we are also introducing some great new talented friends that you might not have had to opportunity to see yet!

More information is available on our website about the event, the hotel, things to do in New Orleans as well as registration/pay by check forms and links to registration through PayPal.  www.SpreadYourWingsAndDance.com

We are proud to announce that our host hotel for 2018 will once again be the Hilton New Orleans Airport.  The 2018 dance event will follow directly on the heels of the Mardi Gras and our hotel has offered us an unbeatable rate of $134 for each day beginning Sunday, Feb 11 all the way through Tuesday, Feb 20, 2018.  This rate is good for up to 4 per room.  If you want to be a part of the famous Mardi Gras (and cross this off your bucket list), this is a great hotel rate that is a fraction of what you will pay if you stay downtown!  If you prefer NOT to attend the Mardi Gras, we invite you to stay a couple of days after the event and do your sightseeing at a more leisurely pace following our event.

ance Xperien e
New Orleans 201&
Feb. 15 - Sen. Feb 1', 201'
Hilton New Orleans AirporL901 Airline Dr. Kenner, LA 70062
Enjoy 2018
Mardi Gras on
Tuesday, Feb.
13 and stay for
the Pre-Party
and the XP
ence O
Cross one o
your bucket
list!
FEATURING
STARRING
red Whitehouse
Ireland
TARRING
hane McKeever
reland
ARRING
Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris—UK
AWESOME DJ Big
Dave Baycroft-UK
ARRING
Joey Warren
STARRING
Gary O'Reilly
Ireland
This is a Single
Ballroom event
for Intermedi-
ate and up
dancers. Every
one leams the
same dance
gether at
Qhe same
C time.
FEATURING
Trevor Thornton-FL
Guillaume Richard—France
Come early and join us for
our fabulous New Orleans-
style Dessert & Cocktail
Buffet at BB Kings on Wed,
Feb 14, 2018.
INTRODUCING
Gemma Ridyard—UK
INTRODUCING
Dustin Betts—VA
Hotel event rate $134
good for 4 days before
and 3 days after event.
Up to 4 per room.
10 of the World's Best Choreographers & the World's Best DJ are here for you!
4 Nights of Dancing and 3 Full Days of Workshops!
Only $169 (U.S) Strict limit of 200 dancers! Don't wait!
For Info & Registrations: www.SpreadYourWingsAndDance.com

Whether or not you want to come for Mardi Gras, we hope that you will come at least one day early to join us for our fun, bonus Private Pre-Party at BB King's Blues Club.  Mardi Gras will be over on Tues, Feb 13.  Our BB King's party will be on Wed.  Feb 14th!  All the choreographers will be on hand for our special meet and greet "Cocktail and Dessert Buffet".  You can sign up for this when you register for the event or add it if you have already registered!  Last year's party was a smash hit and we were the talk of the town for several days!  All our staff will be on hand for that party and we are turning them loose to have even more fun than last year, if that is possible!

We want to see YOU there with us!!

More Later,

Sandy Albano, Orlando, FL

Email: sandy....@gmail.com

Website: www.SpreadYourWingsAndDance.com

Join us for Mardi Gras! at the 2018 Dance Xperience in New Orleans!

************************

SUBJECT:  This weekend at The Round Up in Tampa

Friday

1. Honky Tonk Highway by Kelly

2. I love this life review

3. I know somebody review

Saturday

1. Honky Tonk Highway by Kelly

2. Boom Pow review

3. I Love This Life review

Class is 7-9pm. See you all on the dance floor at The Round Up Maurice =

*************************

SUBJECT:  WINNING PASSES FOR EVENTS

FROM:  Lindy (lindysda...@gmail.com)

I love that all of the events have drawings for passes for future events, etc.   Please remember that you need to ALSO register for the event so the directors will be able to plan for your attendance, give you a packet or other information, and know that you are coming.  If food is involved, you will be able to order that, also.  THINK OF THE PASS ITSELF AS A CHECK/CASH AND ATTACH IT TO YOUR REGISTRATION FORM AND SEND IT IN AS YOU WOULD IF YOU WERE ACTUALLY PAYING.   So many of our events sell out these days and all spots are accommodated by the registration forms/winning passes WITH reg. forms.  If people just show up, sometimes they may be turned away or even if not, the dance floor is then too crowded.  Soooooo.....please .... send your registration in (whether won or otherwise).  Thank you. :-)

****************************

SUBJECT:  WHAT GEOFF & CELIA ARE TEACHING IN THE UK

Lovely surprise at class this week when our good friends Polly (Pauline Butler) & Keith came along, all the way from Morecambe. Our new dance this week was Ria's “DELILAH” 64 counts, 2 walls with no tags or restarts, a nice easy teach and the class loved it. Recapped last week’s dance, “LONELY DRUM” (Darren Mitchell) another easy one that’s going down well with the class Also recaps of my own favourite “AGAINST ALL ODDS” (Simon Ward) and “WANDERING HEARTS” (Maggie G & Gary O) another hit with our dancers.

Playlist was :-  Second Hand Heart, Missing, Better When I’m Dancing, Funky Sole, I Came To Love You, Rock & Roll Music, Wow Tokyo, Lady In Red, Tongue Tied Up, Scared Of The Dark, Cry For Me, Blessed, Refund To My Heart, Dear Friend, Loves Just A Feeling, Delilah (twice), I’m Stuck, Lonely Drum, Slowly Gently Softly, Against All Odds, Wandering Hearts, We’re In Heaven, Strip That Down, Love On The Weekend, Skin, Everydays A Holiday, Italiano & Shady.

*******************************

SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA DANCE-A-THON (DANVILLE, VA) WITH DANCIN' DEAN-SEPTEMBER 29 - OCTOBER 1, 2017

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Event director Harold Logan invites you to join him for the fall Southside Virginia Dance-a-thon.  The level for this event is intermediate and above.  Dancin' Dean will be joining regular instructors Bonnie Mathews and Sue Ann EhmannAs always, our dj is the incomparable Mary Kaye Johnson. We promise you a relaxed, fun-filled two days and nights of new teaches, open dancing and socializing with friends.  Come join us for the  "Biggest Little Event" ever!!  We even take requests for dances to be taught!!

The weekend begins with a Friday night "meet & greet" dance from 7 to 11 ($5) which will be held at The Pepsi Building, 661 Craghead Street, Danville.   If you need directions to The Pepsi Building, please email Cindy Jones with Danville Parks & Rec at jon...@danvilleva.gov

The Friday night dance is all request--and I mean ALL REQUEST!!  You ask for it, Mary Kaye plays it.   Saturday and Sunday are at the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street in Danville.  Saturday begins with sign-in and registration at 9:30 with some dancing as well.  Classes start at 10 and end at 5, with an hour or so lunch break and open dancing in between teaches--again, all request.  Lots of restaurants in walking distance or bring your lunch.  If requested, Mary Kaye will put a playlist on during lunch so you can decide whether you want to dance or eat or do both!!   We break for dinner and come back at 7:00 for 4 more hours of open dancing and review (if that is  requested).  Sunday we come back from 9:30 to 1:30 with the most difficult, anything goes dances reserved for that morning.

The cost of the weekend is just $40 in advance or $45 at the door on Saturday morning.  Saturday only is $25.  The host hotel is the Comfort Inn & Suites on Tower Drive (434-793-2000).  Mention the Southside Virginia Dance-a-Thon for their special rate of $75 + tax per night--includes a great breakfast with lots of selections.   To find out about preregistration, please call/email Cindy Jones with the Center--434-799-5216 or jon...@danvilleva.gov.  If you have any questions about the event itself, please email me.

--------------------------------------

SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA ALL-BEGINNER LINE DANCE WORKSHOP, Danville, VA--October 28, 2017

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Come join instructors Sue Ann Ehmann & Bonnie Mathews and our dj, Mary Kaye Johnson, for a fun-filled day of learning new beginner dancers.  Our annual fall workshop is geared towards dancers who are already familiar with line dance steps and terminology.   We teach dances ranging from ultra beginner to high beginner levels and generally have one improver level dance for you as well.  If you are a beginner dancer or an instructor, we hope you will come spend your day with us.

Location is the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street, Danville, VA 24541.  Registration is from 9:30 to 10:00.  Workshop is from 10 to 4 with a break for lunch.  Cost for the day is $20 in advance or $25 at the door.  The step book is included, but only guaranteed with preregistrations.  To do so, please contact Cindy Jones at Ballou.  Phone:  434-799-5216.   Email:  jon...@danvilleva.gov.

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven