World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 9/7 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Sep 7, 2016, 9:56:58 AM9/7/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Wednesday 9/7 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

Subject : High-Beg. to Inter.-Adv. Line Dance Class LAST NIGHT 9/6 and Sunday Social Sept. 25th

We had a great class last night and were so happy to have Jessie Chan, Laura, Stella, and Tammy surprise us.  They knew so many dances and we taught them a few they didn't know yet.  What a great trip they have been on.  I always appreciate all the work that Jessie does sharing her photos and videos on her dance travels around the world.  Look at her Facebook Page and you can share their adventures in Florida.  They will be at Sandy and Diane's in Orlando tonight and again this weekend for their social and will be visiting The Barn on Thursday, I think. Friday they are going to go on a boat ride with Guyton and Natalie, not to mention seeing alligators in the Everglades and traveling around with their trusty GPS and all of this after the 5 Guys and a DJ Cruise last week.   Today is a visit to Harry Potter so enjoy your trip, girls, and dancing around Florida with the greatest group of dancers anywhere.
Safe Travels.

It was also a special surprise to see Neil Splain pop in last night.  He and Ann have been helping take care of their son who has a serious medical condition and visiting with his family and kids, so they have been up North for the past few weeks.  Neil will be here for awhile and Ann will stay up North for a few more weeks.  We miss them both and I'm sure all the classes in the area miss them because they are EVERYWHERE.  I promised Ann we would send her "Neil Sightings" so if you see him around the area, take a picture to post on Facebook so Ann can pretend she is here with him.

Last night we did:
Beautiful In My Eyes,Better When I’m Dancing,Extreme Love,Lay Low,Solo Amor,
Baby bring it Back,Gypsy Queen – teach – Joan,Ex’s and Oh’s,Ain’t misbehavin,The Wild Life – teach – Melanie,The Wild Life,Die A Happy Man,Chocolate Melon,Out like that,Drift Away – teach – Joan,Drift Away,Just Have Faith,H.O.L.Y.,Shake That – teach – Cheryl,Shake That,Stitches,Hand Clap,You Make It Real – teach – Val,You Make It Real,Way down we Go,Feel Good,Harden up Princess,Pieces,Cake by the Ocean,
Girls Like,Levels,Woman Up,The Wild Life,Thankful,Thinking out loud,How I want Ya

Be sure and mark your calendars for the Social on Sunday September 25th!  If you have requests, please send them to Diane.  She and Cheryl are compiling a list and we will do as many as possible.

Studio location:
Bayou Dance Club
6541 102nd Ave
Pinellas Park, Fl  33782

630 open dance
700 class starts
$8.00 for class
Snacks and water are always available

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com
Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com
****************************

SUBJECT:  Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic / November 3-6, 2016
FROM:  JC Dance Productions, Inc.

Join us in the Sunshine State of Florida for the 14th Annual Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic!!!

Some of your best choreographers and instructors have been invited and will be teaching the latest dances.

International Instructors:
Simon Ward (Austrailia)
Fred Whitehouse (Ireland)
Rebecca Lee (Malaysia)
Chris Watson (Austrailia)

USA Instructors:
Scott Blevins (IN)
Guyton Mundy (FL)
John Robinson (IN),
Will Craig (NC)
Frank Trace (OH)
Jamie Marshall (TN)
Cody Flowers (NC)
Larry Bass (FL)
Sandy Albano (FL)
Lindy Bowers (FL)
Janis Graves (FL)
Lisa Johns-Grose (FL)
Marilyn McNeal (FL)
Ira Weisburd (FL)
Arline Winerman (FL) & more...

PRO AM COMPETITION
- Be sure to think about dancing in our fun Pro Am Competition. There are no rules and it's your choice of dance and music. The cost is $10 per dance with a maximum of TWO dances per competitor. You will perform for 1 1/2 minutes. Please register by Friday AM. You MUST purchase a weekend pass to enter. Check out the website for further details.

CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION -
We are very excited to be qualifying event for the USLDCC!!! Please check out the website for rules at: www.TampaLineDanceClassic.com

HOTEL INFORMATION
- Doubletree Hotel Tampa Westshore - 4500 West Cypress Street, 800-222-8733.  Room rate $119.

For more information, please visit our website at www.TampaLineDanceClassic.com or email us at in...@tampalinedanceclassic.com

Jennifer Cameron
JC Dance Productions, Inc.
Line Dance Showdown (3/30 - 4/2/17)
www.linedanceshowdown.com
Fun in the Sun (7/13 - 7/16/17)
www.floridafuninsun.com
Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic (11/3 - 11/6/16)
www.tampalinedanceclassic.com
Hotlanta Line Dance Jam (8/24 - 8/24/17)
www.hotlantalinedance.com
******************************
SUBJECT:  ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

6 September 2016 Edition

PLEASE send any future items to: atlantada...@gmail.com    THANKS

SUBJECT:  LOOKING FOR SOMEONE FOR A FESTIVAL IN ORLANDO?
FROM:
dcs...@gmail.com

Hi. My name is Dianne. Our downtown Orlando church is having a fall festival Sept. 24. We are looking for a caller to lead/instruct line dancing and a square dance or two from 6:30-7:45 pm.  Our budget is $100-$150. There will be 50-75 people in attendance with 20+ dancing.  I know time is getting away from us.  I've looked a lot,  but have been prevented from hiring anyone due to the cost being too high.  We're a small church with a small budget. We'll feed you well!   Please get back to me asap if you can help us!

Dianne
Reformed Pres.Church
324 E.Livingston
*********************************
Subject:  Nickel City Line Dance Classic
               Saturday, Sept 24, 2016
Contact:  Carol Larocque
dancinfee...@gmail.com

There is still time to submit your registration form for the 7th Annual Nickel City Line Dance Classic.

Here is an easy way to submit your registration and payment.

Submitting your registration form, and making payment:

1.            Complete the registration form.
2.            Mail it via Canada Post, OR
      3. Scan on a printer, and email to Carol Larocque – dancinfee...@gmail.com
      4.OR, take a photo with your smartphone, and email to Carol
      5. Payments: 2 options
              (a) go to any BMO branch, and make a deposit to Branch Transit # 2447, account # 3988-596

              (b) do an e-transfer to BMO branch transit # 2447, Account # 3988-596 (e-transfer will cost you the same as mailing your payment)

      6.Once your payment has been made, email Carol to advise of date of transfer/deposit, and she will match up your registration form and payment info.

Cost of registration is now $50, as the early bird deadline date has passed.  This includes your lunch, daytime instruction, and evening dance.  Bar will be open in the evening if you would like to have alcoholic beverages.  Water, tea and coffee will still be available.

Submit your registration now to save your spot on the floor!

Looking forward to seeing all of the regular supporters, and to meeting new attendees!

Keep on Dancing!
Marthe Thibeault
Colette Proulx
Pierrette Vincent-Schroeder
Carol Larocque

www.dancing2thebeat.ca
www.dancinfeetinmotion.ca
***************************

From:  Norma, Brooksville FL, nerb...@tampabay.rr.com
Subject:  Line Dancing at Brookridge Community Clubhouse

Today was mostly review as we are having our Social this Sat. (9/10/16,)
from 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM, @ $5 at the door only.  We invite all area line dancers to
come and join us for this monthly event. Bring your own snacks, beverage of your
choice and ice, if needed!  We provide a huge softly lit dance floor and lots of a/c!!
(GPS: 8150 Hampton St. Brooksville FL 34613)

We are an “Open” dance class, so feel free to come any Tuesday, for an Int. Lessons!

This date, 9/6/16, Tuesday, 11:00-1:00 PM @ $6 (New dances are marked accordingly.)

1.  Well, Do Ya / Kim Ray
2.  California Dream / Rhonda Lai / NEW
3.  High on Loving You / Will Craig
4.  Gypsy Queen / Hazel Pace
5.  Die A Happy Man / Rachael McE-White
6.  Ain’t Misbehaving / Guyton / Jo/ Amy
7.  So Juat Dance Dance Dance / Jose & Richard
8.  Rock and Roll Music / Rachael McE-W
9.  Under The Moon of Love / Rachael McE-W
10. Running / Will Craig
11. Strip It Down / Rachael McE-W
11. Stitches / Amy Glass

We all got through Hurricane Hermine, thank goodness!  Anyone you know that had wind or
flood damage, our hearts go out to them, & we wish them Godspeed in the days ahead.

Reminder:  Our Workshop is Saturday, January 21, 2017.  I have Reg. Forms, which has lots more
Info! Just let me know and I can send one to you!  Price is $35 until Nov.1st, then goes up to $40.
Includes Lunch, Step Sheet Booklet and lots more!  We have Tee shirts (Teal color) and will take
Pre-Paid Orders, only. Same price as before of $17. Guaranteed “good time!”

‘Hope to see lots of you Sat. night!  Still have questions? e-mail or call (352) 397-6088....Norma

~dance til you drop
*************************

SUBJECT:  MOTOR CITY DANCE CLASSIC
FROM:  JASON MILLER

Join us October 27th - October 30th for the 2nd annual Motor City Dance Classic.  This year's theme is "Pirates of the Motor City"

Prices will go up once again on 10/15/16.

The workshop will be held once again at the beautiful Sterling Inn Banquet and Conference Center in Sterling Heights, Michigan.  The attached hotel is now Wyndham Garden Sterling Heights.  All guest rooms have been renovated as part of the transition in ownership.  You can check out the hotel's website at http://www.sterlinginn.com/  The hotel has a 32,000 square foot indoor waterpark on site for a little play time in between dancing.  We are happy to extend a special room rate of $109 per night for two queen beds or one king bed.  The hotel has Free Wi-Fi, refrigerators and microwaves in each room, and free parking.    You must call the hotel direct to get the special room rate.  800-953-1400 and ask for the MCDC/Steelmill room rate.  Or you can book online using this link http://www.wyndham.com/groupevents2016/49542_MCDCSTEELMILLDANCE/main.wnt

There will be multiple workshop rooms running each hour in the onsite conference and banquet center with a dedicated beginner/improver room.

The Motor City Dance Classic is very happy to announce that this year we are adding an additional 2500 sq feet of ballroom space. We are also very excited to announce the addition of some great new instructors to our line up that will be providing top notch professional instruction in west coast swing and 2 step. All day Saturday our attendees will have the option of not only some of the best line dance instructors but now some of the best swing and 2-step instructors in the country.
Your day or weekend pass includes all activities offered. And we are not done yet, we are also bringing in a renowned Swing DJ to come in a host a super awesome Swing Social on Saturday night.

From Michigan. The "Magic" Markers. Jason and Annmarie Marker.
From Ontario Canada. Nelson Clarke
From Indiana. Melissa Culbertson
And swing DJ from Michigan. Tim Johnson.

This in addition to our already amazing staff:

~John Robinson~ ~Scott Blevins~ ~Jamie Marshall~ ~Jill Babinec~ ~Rona Kaye~ ~Rosie Multari~ ~Lynne Martino~ ~Tina Foster~ ~Rhoda Lai~ ~Debi Pancoast~ ~Mz. Georgia~ Our amazing Event DJ's will be JP Potter, Michael Diven, and Andy Williams

Everything kicks off Thursday night with our welcome dance.  Join us for this phenomenal weekend of dancing, partying, water slides, Pirates, shopping at our onsite vendors, and just being with friends.

Registration is now open and space is limited.  Various pricing options are available including day passes and evening dance passes plus spectator passes for those who want to bring family to enjoy the water park and nearby attractions.  Visit our website for all the information and registration forms.  Online registration and payment is available on the website as well.  http://www.motorcitydanceclassic.com/  or contact us at da...@mcdc.club

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.