World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 11/9

TKA...@aol.com

Nov 9, 2016, 9:47:20 AM11/9/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
WEDNESDAY:  Well, that's that.  I remember the morning after Ronald Reagan was elected and I remember many people feeling disenfranchised and disappointed and thinking that he was not qualified for that position.  I also remember that he got very good people around him and led this country by listening to them and making decisions on his own after getting all the facts.  My prayer is that this will be a similar administration.  The real winner in this election is the fact that the democratic voting process works when people are passionate about this country.  They got out and voted in numbers never seen before and they got people registered to vote who had never voted before.. To me, that was humbling.  I am old enough to have seen lots of presidents come and go.  Some of them were welcome and some of them weren't but just the magnitude of the responsibility seems to get them all in line sooner rather than later. My one hope is that this country will stop being split 50/50 and will come together for the first time in many years.
********************************

Well, Vegas is starting off with a bang.  I hope everone has a great weekend.  Can't wait to see all the videos and notes from people.  I'll share things with you that I get in emails or see on Facebook.  Have fun, everyone!

New York State of Line is also going on  this weekend and I have lots of friends going to that.  There are going to be soooooooooooooooo many dancing feet this weekend.  Have a great time everyone, and send me some reports.  Remember ------  not everyone is on Facebook an d they want to know what's going on.
********************************
SUBJECT: 11/06//2016 Survey Sorted by Intermediate and Beginner Dances
FROM: Adrienne Jenkins |
adrienne...@gmail.com

Here's the link of this week's intermediate & advanced dances sorted from this week's World Line Dance Survey along with the extended list of beginner/easy intermediate dances and more.

https://goo.gl/8DeV9V

***********************************
SUBJECT:  TAMPA BAY LINE DANCE CLASSIC
FROM:  KELLIE

I am home and a little bit rested from Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic. This is such a great event. I enjoyed meeting new people and seeing dance family and friends. Thank you Jennifer for all you and Jason for all you do. Another great event in the books! Thank you to Kelly for all his constant support and love. I honestly don't know how I would have made it though the last several events with out you <3 There are to many people to thank but Shea thanks for everything and making sure I had my Chick Fil A to get me through the day :) If you have not already, head over to www.kelliechristine.com and check out all the photos from them event they are already online and ready for purchase !! Also if you missed ordering your event videos (workshop, USLDCC, or the show) don't worry head over to www.se7enarrowfilms.com and you can order them there. Cant wait to see everyone again on the dance floor!! #jcdanceproductions #kelliechristinephotography #se7enarrowfilms
**********************************
SUBJECT:      THE  LAST    TAMPA    BAY   LINE   DANCE   CLASSIC   -    NOV.  3  -  6 ,  2016
FROM :    ARLINE   WINERMAN

Ir  is   sad    to  have  this  event  come  to and   end -  but  we  have  the  fabulous   memories   of    14   terrific   years  together.     Hoping  to continue   in  Orlando  next   year.     I  am  always  so  happy   when  Jennifer   asks  me  to  participate.      I  am    looking   forward  to  reaching    90   years     -   then     will  go from  there!!

I  had  a  great  time    teaching  two   fun  little  dances  and   dancing  with  Gary  from  Ocala  in  the  pro/am   competition.         And   mostly -   how    fantastic   it  was  to   see my  line dance  "family"   -   love  you   all     very  much     -----------

And   sooooooooooooo     proud  of my   students  who  danced    in pro/am    -  took   a  lot  of  courage  and   great  effort     -  and  Barbara  making    all the   lovely  costumes.      WOW  --

I   am  also  sad  that   there  will  be no  more    AFTER  PARTY  - HOSTED  BY  CAROL  CRAVEN AND DIANE POOLE  ------------- but  we  will  have  a  good time  in  Orlando.

And  of  course   I   will    miss Guyton  Mundy  -  as  will  everyone  else.        I  remember     meeting   Guyton  in  the  late  90's    -  he  was working   in a  bar  in  Orlando  called  Desperado's    -     I  was introduced  to him  by   Linda  DeFord   -    who  was  well  known  in  those  days.  He  came  to  the club  I was  teaching in  ---------------  Joyland  in   Clearwater  ------------     and  taught    a  few  dances for us.       I   will never  forget  it.    Wishing  Guyton  happiness   in   whatever  he does  and   wishing   him   an  incredible  future.     He     will  be  great  at  what  ever  he does.     We  still  dance  his  dance   LONG  ROAD  TO RICHMOND    --------     and  still  love it!!!

HOPE   EVERYONE  HAD  AS    WONDERFUL     A  TIME  AS  I  DID!!
BE   HAPPY  AND  STAY  WELL  -----------------------------

Hugs  and  luv   -   Arline
luvtoda...@webtv.net
727     551-0062

***********************************
SUBJECT:  ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

8 November 2016 “ELECTION NIGHT” Edition

PLEASE send any future items to: atlantada...@gmail.com    THANKS

SUBJECT:  All Ohio Country Dance Corral - Saturday, November 19
FROM:  Edie Driskill
ediedr...@tooleftfeet.com

Join Gail Dawson at Stomping Grounds in Hilliard Ohio on Saturday, November 19 for the All Ohio Country Dance Corral.(9am - 11pm)  We will enjoy Gail's recent country choreography and her love of dancing as we learn the latest dances to the top country hits.  $35 includes all workshops, lunch, potluck dinner and evening dance!  register at www.paypal.me/countrydoneright   Email me with any questions!
*****************************
SUBJECT:  LET'S DANCE DAY SOCIAL - November 26th
FROM:  Lindy

Our LET'S DANCE DAY SOCIAL WAS scheduled for Nov. 12th.  Due to conditions beyond my control at Beardall, we have to change the date to Nov. 26th.  But, the good news is that we will get to practice more dances, and BONUS.... dance off the Thanksgiving pie!!!!  So, we are changing the date in Nov. to Nov. 26 and we still have Dec. 10th too.  Please pass the word so that no one shows up on the 12th.  I am very sorry to have to make this last minute change, but it is beyond my control.

I hope to see you on Nov. 26th for our November LET'S DANCE DAY social.  (and you get to have an extra piece of pie since you will dance it off!!!) This year the TG pies won't stay on our thighs!!!

Then I hope to see you only two weeks later at the December 10th LDD too!!!!

***********************************
SUBJECT:  An Appeal To All Choreographers

Hello choreographers, I’ve recently compiled a request list for the “Legends In Line” event in Blackpool, (UK). There were a lot of requests without the choreographer being named. For some dances this isn’t a problem, as it is a unique name, but for others there are multiple dances with the same title, but not always the same music.

e.g. search for “My Everything” and see how many different dances you find.

So I’m asking choreographers to check the various sites before posting your new dance. If you find that there’s already a dance with the same title you were going to use, then please change the title of your new creation. There isn’t a central clearing house for dance titles, it’s up to use to regulate ourselves.

It only takes a few minutes, and it will stop a lot of confusion, and maybe embarrassment, when the DJ announces a dance title that you’ve used – you’re on the floor ready to start, and then everyone else does a different dance!

PRETTY PLEASE,
John “Grrowler” Rowell, your dancin’ DJ
www.Grrowler.com
************************************
Subject:  Holiday Workshop with Will Craig and Steve Lescarbeau, 12/3/16
From:  Steve Lescarbeau

Join Will and I at a one day workshop on Saturday, December 3rd in Peabody Massachusetts just north of Boston.  This all day workshop comes with a FREE evening dance for those who pre-register by 11/25 for only $40.00!  For those who register at the door or after the cutoff date of 11/25, the workshop price is $50.00 and the evening dance is $10.00.  If you can only come to the dance the price is $10.00.  If you can only come to the workshop the price is $40.00 if you pre-register or $50.00 after 11/25 and at the door.  So you save $20.00 by pre-registering.  I do have discounted rooms at the Holiday Inn Peabody for $75.00 for 1 – 4 persons in a room.  These rates will be expiring soon.  You can call them at 978-536-3550 and ask for Steve Lescarbeau’s Holiday Workshop rate.  You can get a flier by clicking here.  http://www.linedancersspringbreak.com/flier/2016-holiday-workshop.pdf
Subject:  18th Line Dancers’ Spring Break April 26 – 30, 2017
From:  Steve Lescarbeau, Event Director

Our website is up to date with the registration available for 2017!  This is the first time EVER in the history of Spring Break that I have had so many deposits for 2017 already!  Our venue can comfortably hold about 200 people, with plenty of space for dancing and a place to sit with a table.  I like to keep this intimate, so will be watching registrations very closely to cap it at 200 ppl.  The hotel will be finished with their transformation to the new Double Tree Myrtle Beach Resort.  It is beautiful already, but the ballrooms will be completed along with a brand new building that will house the registration desk, oceanfront restaurant with outside dining, a brand new lounge, also outdoor fire pits with seating!  The rooms have all been done over and the beds are incredible.  The Springmaid Pier was washed away by Hurricane Matthew, but the hotel is fine.  Last year we have a fantastic time and expect to have an even better time next year, if that’s possible.  Joining me are John Robinson, Will Craig, Johnny “2-Step” Houston, Amy Glass and Dancin’ Dean.  They will bring some fantastic dances with them as always, and will have something for all levels.  These guys all work so well together, and will be on the floor right alongside you the entire weekend.  Dining with you, dancing with you, beaching it, clubbing on Friday, min-golf and more!  Come create some special memories with some great people from our line dance community.  Please visit www.LineDancersSpringBreak.com and send your deposit in today to secure your spot.  If you need a roommate please let me know ASAP.

Steven J. Lescarbeau
A+ Vacations
64 East Road
Clarksburg, MA   01247=2164
St...@AplusVacations.com
www.AplusVacations.com
**************************************
SUBJECT: Kickit is back to full strength (knock wood)
FROM:
pe...@kickit.to

Kickit has been going through big changes in the last 2 weeks.
1. Thanks and apologies to those who found bugs. The bugs are squashed now (knock wood).
2. Folks who use the 10-year-old AOL browser may have trouble printing step sheets. If printing is not working for you, try a newer browser.
3. When you arrive at the new Kickit, you will be asked to either log in or register (it's free!!). Once registered, you will log in on each visit with a single click.
4. Paid users get unlimited step sheet views per day. Un-paid can see all step sheets, including the newest, but a limited number per day, and can earn more daily views by volunteering to help update old step sheets.
5. Kickit no longer tracks dance venues. Carol's newsletter and LineDancer Magazine already do a great job of that, and Kickit can't improve on their amazing efforts.
6. Most of what was offered by the old Kickit is now found under the 'Search' menu at the new Kickit. If you are totally lost, look in the 'Misc' menu for 'Help'.
7. All visitors, paid and otherwise, may keep a personal 'Known Dances' list and participate in surveys using the menu called 'A Night Out'. For those who vote for Favorites in Carol's weekly survey, there is a little surprise waiting for you in your Favorites list at Kickit.
8. I am hoping to crowd-source translation of basic line dance terms and am seeking volunteers for the following languages:
German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Malay, Filipino, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Thai, Polish, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Swedish, Norwegian

Peter Blaskowski
www.Kickit.to

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.