World Line Dance Newsletter Tuesday 10/17 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

TKA...@aol.com

Oct 17, 2017, 9:59:24 AM10/17/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.

Tuesday 10/17

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.

******************************

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

SUBJECT: BREAKDOWN OF SURVEY

FROM: Stacy J Garcia, stacy...@gmail.com, http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/survey.html

Here are the links of this week's Intermediate to Advanced dances sorted from’ this week's World Line Dance Survey along with the extended list of Beginner to Easy Intermediate dances.

Click on http://www.goo.gl/4tevQY to view on PDF or http://www.goo.gl/bvtQCi to view on EXCEL SPREADSHEET to view the breakdown of the survey.

***********************

SUBJECT:  I NEED SOME VOLUNTEERS TO KEEP TRACK OF DANCES AT VEGAS LINE DANCE EXPLOSION THURSDAY-SATURDAY.  ANY VOLUNTEERS?

FROM: Stacy J Garcia, Stacy...@gmail.com, www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

I need some volunteers to do playlist in the MAIN & BEGINNER/ALL REQUEST ballrooms at VEGAS LINE DANCE EXPLOSION event THURSDAY-SATURDAY(and if any of the DJs keep a list, perhaps you could send it to me to be posted on the site).

I will send you a list so you can check off most of them and just add the ones not included.

Thank you.

***********************************

SUBJECT:  NOTE FROM RACHAEL MCENANEY-WHITE

Woo feeling normal again today

;-) I had another none stop day yesterday, but didn't want the Monday blues haha.

Thank you so much everyone for a wonderful workshop on Saturday, for your energy, enthusiasm and love!

Special thanks to my momma D and Shea for all they do for me and not forgetting the wonderful Sandy Albano and Diane Petoskey for always helping me set up, pack up and organize all the food. Thanks to all the other extra hands and muscle at the end too xoxo

Dottie Mahoney - the leftover cookies didn't even last an evening with my husband lol. I managed to snag 1!! Thank you thank you thank you, I know everyone loved them.

Found couple of mistakes on sheets, but they're minor so shouldn't be an issue for those who are wanting to teach them.

The registration form for December is on my website and I think I put it on here in the files section too - we are already almost at 50% from the people who signed up on Saturday. Thanks to everyone for your support in my workshops, they obviously wouldn't be possible without all of you, so for those who came locally, those who drove 2, 4, 6, and 11 hours each way - thank you.

I fly to Majorca on Saturday for a week long dance holiday with a group from Germany, Austria and more, then on to Blackpool for the Legends event - last flight for a while.

Will look forward to seeing lots of you at the Florida Classic (or NOT TAMPA)!

Thanks again everyone xoxo

*****************************

SUBJECT: Dance News From Orlando, FL USA

DANCE XPERIENCE 2018 NEW ORLEANS!

FROM: Sandy Albano

email: sandy.albano@gmail.com

website: www.spreadyourwingsanddance.com

Dancers:

We still have a few spaces left to attend the Dance Xperience 2018 in New Orleans.  If you were thinking you might like to come you still have the opportunity to sign up!  We have an amazing line-up this year with 10 Choreographers on hand!  We are pleased to feature so many of our good friends and we are also introducing some great new talented faces that you might not have had to opportunity to see yet!

ance Xperien e
New Orleans 201&
Feb. 15 - Sen. Feb 1', 201'
Hilton New Orleans AirporL901 Airline Dr. Kenner, LA 70062
Enjoy 2018
Mardi Gras on
Tuesday, Feb.
13 and stay for
the Pre-Party
and the XP
ence O
Cross one o
your bucket
list!
FEATURING
STARRING
red Whitehouse
Ireland
TARRING
hane McKeever
reland
ARRING
Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris—UK
AWESOME DJ Big
Dave Baycroft-UK
ARRING
Joey Warren
STARRING
Gary O'Reilly
Ireland
This is a Single
Ballroom event
for Intermedi-
ate and up
dancers. Every
one leams the
same dance
gether at
Qhe same
C time.
FEATURING
Trevor Thornton-FL
Guillaume Richard—France
Come early and join us for
our fabulous New Orleans-
style Dessert & Cocktail
Buffet at BB Kings on Wed,
Feb 14, 2018.
INTRODUCING
Gemma Ridyard—UK
INTRODUCING
Dustin Betts—VA
Hotel event rate $134
good for 4 days before
and 3 days after event.
Up to 4 per room.
10 of the World's Best Choreographers & the World's Best DJ are here for you!
4 Nights of Dancing and 3 Full Days of Workshops!
Only $169 (U.S) Strict limit of 200 dancers! Don't wait!
For Info & Registrations: www.SpreadYourWingsAndDance.com

More information is available on our website about the event, the hotel, things to do in New Orleans as well as registration/pay by check forms and links to registration through PayPal.

We plan to supercharge our event by starting early on Thursday afternoon and having a full event day on Sunday.  Beginning at 2pm on Thursday afternoon, we will have three teaches scheduled to go to 5pm when we will break for dinner. Doors open Thursday night at 7:30pm for social dancing.  On Sunday, we will have a full schedule of lessons all day with NO REPEAT teaches.  (The dances that have been taught will be reviewed and played throughout the weekend.)  Following the dinner break on Sunday, we will have another great night of social dancing with Big Dave!  We hope that you can arrange your time and travel plans to include these bonus times!!

We are proud to announce that our host hotel for 2018 will once again be the Hilton New Orleans Airport.  The 2018 dance event will follow directly on the heels of the Mardi Gras and our hotel has offered us an unbeatable rate of $134 for each day beginning Sunday, Feb 11 all the way through Tuesday, Feb 20, 2018.  This rate is good for up to 4 per room.  If you want to be a part of the famous Mardi Gras (and cross this off your bucket list), this is a great hotel rate that is a fraction of what you will pay if you stay downtown!  If you prefer NOT to attend the Mardi Gras, we invite you to stay a couple of days after the event and do your sightseeing at a more leisurely pace following our event.

Whether or not you want to come for Mardi Gras, we hope that you will come at least one day early to join us for our fun, bonus Private Pre-Party at BB King's Blues Club.  Mardi Gras will be over on Tues, Feb 13.  Our BB King's party will be on Wed.  Feb 14th!  All the choreographers will be on hand for our special meet and greet "Cocktail and Dessert Buffet". Last year's party was a smash hit and we were the talk of the town for several days!  All our staff will be on hand for that party and we are turning them loose to have even more fun than last year, if that is possible!

We want to see you there with us!!

More Later,

Sandy

Sandy Albano, Orlando, FL

Email: sandy....@gmail.com

Website: www.SpreadYourWingsAndDance.com

Join us for Mardi Gras! at the 2018 Dance Xperience in New Orleans!

NOTE FROM ME:  We had a great time last year so check it out.  Great lineup of instructors!

*********************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas

October 17th

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR OUR Social Jan. 21st

New Teach this week:  (We will not be having class on Halloween and the following week because many of us are going to Vegas this year and will be leaving that Tuesday)

We will be celebrating Sheri's birthday tonight too!

DAME MAS to be taught by Liz

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/dame-mas-ID118859.aspx

Oops, I guess the translation I got about this dance was wrong.  Darn!! Once again, I'm not perfect.  LOL.  Here is a note from Liz who will be teaching the dance.

The song MAS is in Spanish and it means “more”.  The name of the dance, DAME MAS, means “give me more”.  “Dame”’ is a form of the verb “dar”’ which means “to give”; the form “dame” means “give me”.  “Mas” means “more”.  The lyrics start out with “mi corazon me pide mas”, which means “my heart asks me for more.”  In the song, the artist is longing for a woman.

RECENT TEACHES:

HELIUM by Will Craig to be taught by Lynda Licht

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/helium-ID117145.aspx

YEAH, by Michael Barr to be taught by Mary Ann Young

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/yeah-ID116040.aspx

My Reason, Roy Verdonk (NL), Jef Camps (BE) & Betty Alart (FR)

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/my-reason-ID120061.aspx

SEPTEMBER:

BABYLON, Fred Whitehouse, Babylon - Line Dance (Dance & Teach in English & 中文)

THE QUEEN, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-queen-fr-ID104724.aspx

The Fighter,  Niels Poulsen (dk), Raymond Sarlemijn (no), Roy Verdonk

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-fighter-ID111173.aspx

Everybody's Groovin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0DFUy2v8jE&list=PLu32ixL2sz9UgEvOln_gc6m6pU1StIKm5&index=12

STRIP THAT DOWN, by Maggie Gallagher & Tim Johnson

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/strip-that-down-ID118708.aspx

1159, by Rachael McEnaney

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/1159-ID117646.aspx

*************************

Subject:  Big Bang Dance Classic Feb 1-4 2018

From: Empire Dance Productions (Will Craig)

VIP deadline Oct. 31

Visit empiredance.us for registration form.

Check out the clip below for breaking new about The Big Bang Dance Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRnIeE9b-rc&sns=em

Will Craig

Empiredance.us

Empir...@aol.com

************************

Subject: Wild Roses Workshop, October 20-21, 2017

From: Wen...@wildrosesdanceteam.com

We still have some spots available for the 5th Annual Wild Roses Workshop on October 21, 2017 from 10am-4pm. This year's theme is Court of Thorns & Roses Masquerade Ball!

Trevor Thornton is debuting his brand new dance, How Did You Love

Marilyn McNeal is teaching the Team International Win from Windy City, Hurts Like a Cha Cha!

Rosie Multari is teaching brand new dances she choreographed with Jo Thompson-Syzmanski & John Robinson!

Patrick Fleming is teaching a great intermediate he choreographed to some Classic Country Music!

Registration is just $60 and includes the Friday night social, entrance to all workshops, lunch Saturday & the social Saturday night. All events will take place at the beautiful River Walk Center in Fort Pierce where we will have a beginner room in addition to the regular room. If you have never attended a workshop this is your chance!

Go to www.wildrosesfoundation.org to REGISTER NOW.

This event is a fundraiser for the Wild Roses Foundation with proceeds going to a charity to be determined closer to the event.

************************

SUBJECT:  TAMPA FLOORPLAY FALL FESTIVAL

Dancing with Danielle

This Saturday, October 21st

Fall is finally here!! Come celebrate by wearing your favorite fall colors and dancing the night away with all your friends! Danielle will keep the party rockin with all your favorite west coast jamz and some two step, nightclub and waltz sprinkled in!

Over 100 dancers, 2 rooms with floating floors, plenty of parking, 2 restrooms and an awesome variety of music!

7:30pm- Doors open/Open dancing

7:45pm- Beg/Novice WCS w/Tommy and Renee

7:45pm- Int WCS w/Danielle Blouin

8:30-1am- WCS Party

$12 includes lesson, water, soda, Fall themed snacks and desserts, fruit, PIZZA, late night ice cream treats and door prizes!

This Friday, October 20th

Wear your animal print and join us at the Tampa Bay West Coast Swing Association dance this Friday!

7:15pm- "Got Style?" Int WCS Workshop w/Danielle $5

8-8:30pm- FREE Beg WCS

8:30-11pm- Safari WCS Party ($5 for members, $10 for non members)

Westie Wednesday, October 18th

6:30pm- FREE Beg

7-7:30pm- Novice $5

7:30-7:45pm- Open Dancing

7:45-8:30pm- Intermediate $10

8:30-10pm- Social Party

Int Theme- Musicality

Upcoming Saturday Dances

Oct 28th- Swing and Shag with Tommy and Renee

Nov 11th - Floorplay WCS and Country

Nov 25th- Tampa Floorplay Luau Party

Bayou Dance Club 6541 102nd Ave N, Pinellas Park

***********************************

SUBJECT:  World DJ's Social Play List (Plays, Movers & New Entries) W/E 14-Oct-17

109 contributors from 11 countries

24,212 Plays from 419 events

I DO NEED MORE CONTRIBUTORS

See www.Grrowler.com - DJ Play Lists

NB : Choreographer names ARE REQUIRED

John "Grrowler" Rowell

E-Mail : Grro...@btinternet.com

Your dancin' DJ

View Complete chart here

http://www.grrowler.com/public_html/DJ%20Play%20Lists/DJ%20Play%20lists.htm

World DJ Play List - Biggest Movers 14-Oct-17

Dances with biggest increase since 07-Sep-17

Dance Title (Choreographer) - Total Plays - Increase

1 - Gypsy Queen (Hazel Pace) - 332 - 13

2 - Slowly Gently Softly (Gary O'R) - 207 - 12

2 - Take Me To The River (Roy Verdonk & Jonas Dahlgren) - 235 - 12

3 - Better When I'm Dancin' (Julia Wetzel) - 194 - 11

4 - Lonely Drum (Darren Mitchell) - 191 - 10

4 - Missing (Heather Barton) - 323 - 10

5 - Champagne Promise (Tina Argyle) - 261 - 9

5 - Islands In The Stream (Karen Jones) - 175 - 9

5 - Love Remains (Gary O' R) - 176 - 9

Top 20, 14-Oct-17

Dance Title (Choreographer) - Total Plays

1 - Gypsy Queen (Hazel Pace) - 332

2 - Missing (Heather Barton) - 323

3 - Champagne Promise (Tina Argyle) - 261

4 - Lay Low (Darren Bailey) - 244

5 - Take Me To The River (Roy Verdonk & Jonas Dahlgren) - 235

6 - Shady (Darren, Fred & Amy) - 218

7 - Nancy Mulligan (Maggie G & Gary O'R) - 217

8 - Say It Again (Kate Sala) - 211

9 - Slowly Gently Softly (Gary O'R) - 207

10 - Bored (Ria Vos) - 203

11 - Dear Friend (Kate Sala) - 202

11 - Human After All (Ria Vos) - 200

12 - The Queen (Guillaume Richard & Friends) - 199

13 - Tongue Tied Up (T&V) - 195

14 - Better When I'm Dancin' (Julia Wetzel) - 194

15 - Lonely Drum (Darren Mitchell) - 191

16 - Dig Your Heels (Maddison Glover) - 179

17 - Love Remains (Gary O' R) - 176

18 - Islands In The Stream (Karen Jones) - 175

19 - Let It Swing (Jamie Barnfield) - 165

20 - Pot Of Gold (Liam Hrycan) - 162

NEW ENTRIES

CHOREOGRAPHER'S OWN

Everybody`s someone (Maggie G)

Everybody's Groovin' (Rhoda Lai,Jo Thompson Szymanski)

Head in the sky (Maggie G)

Hurts (Maggie G)

I`ll be alright (Maggie G)

Inna's Heaven (Rhoda Lai)

Is it so? (Maggie G)

Just add moonlight (Maggie G)

Love is a word (Maggie G)

Love Runs Out (Marie Louw)

Na mara (Maggie G)

Proudly S A Mambo (Marie Louw)

Rock paper scissors (Maggie G)

Roer jou Voete (Marie Louw)

Starving (Rhoda Lai)

Summerthing (Rhoda Lai)

Take A Second (Neville Fitzgerald, Julie Harris,Rhoda Lai)

Till Ya Legs Hurt (Rhoda Lai)

Versace on the Floor (Rhoda Lai)

Youv'e Got a Long Way To Go (Marie Louw)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

CANADA

18 Steps (Unknown)

40 Steps (Unknown)

A Little Oops (Roz Harris)

A Monster! (Anna Szymanski)

Baby Italiano (Betty Lee)

Basic Rumba (Tai Tsang)

Beautiful Wonderful (Debbie Rushton,Jannie Tofte Andersen)

Better When I'm dancing (Kemp Harvey)

Clapeesy (Forty Arroyo)

Give Me The Beat (Will Craig)

I'm Gonna Love You (K. Sholes)

Jenkins Sisters? Jam (Scott Blevins)

Just a Two Steppin'(Norman Gifford,Jo Thompson Szymanski)

Lover Come Back (Scott Blevins)

No Sunset (Jennifer Choo Sue Chin)

Rewind (Dancin' Terry, Sue Ann Ehmann)

Send Her My Love (Vivienne Scott)

Send my Love (Vivienne Scott)

Senorita Tu (Ira Weisburd)

So Just Dance a Little (Tine Sjursen)

Summer Kiss (Ira Weisburd)

Take Me To Your Heart (Maria Tao)

That Person, That Love (Country Bandwagon)

The Other Side (Will Craig & Co)

Uptown Funky (Jill Weiss)

Wrong Side Slide (Jo Thompson Szymanski,Jill Babinec)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

GERMANY

Baby Belle (Gaye Teather)

Bandera [P] (DJ Dan & Winnie)

Cindy Lou Two Step [P] (Hazel Pace)

Goin' Hamm (Trevor Thornton)

I Love This Bar (Thorsten Scheumann)

Mama Loo (Maria Maag)

Old Love (Jan Wylie)

Sweet Talk and Good Lies [P] (DJ Dan & Winnie)

Sweet Tea [P] (Dan Albro)

United Breaks Guitars [P] (Linda Sansoucy)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

SOUTH AFRICA

Be There In The Morning (Micaela Svensson Erlandsson)

Fly Me To The Moon (Jackie Lincoln)

Let Your Love Flow (Jackie Lincols)

Something I Need (Lindsay Spence (Sadie Paterson))

You are my Sunshine (Mamalinedance Mei Kwo)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

SPAIN

Baby Kisses (Robbie McGowan Hickie & Tony Vassell )

Banana Peel (Kim Ray)

Don't You Need Somebody (Dwight Meessen)

GI Blues (Grace Coleman)

Indian Lion (Dwight Meessen)

Just Another Woman (Jan Wyllie)

Life after Love (Dwight Meessen)

Little Nancy Muligan (Ron Boyle)

Senorita (Dwight Meessen)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

UK

First Up (FUP) (P&A)

Celtic Lady (Yvonne Anderson)

***********************

SUBJECT:  LOOKING FOR DANCE SCRIPT

I am looking for a dance script for a very easy beginner dance called East Coast Swing.  It's a 32 count, 4 wall dance, going round anti-clockwise.  It starts with the right foot touching forward, then together, then touching back and in place.  Then similar with the left foot.   I always use it for beginners, and wanted a copy of the script, but can't find it anywhere.  Can anyone help?

rosa....@ymail.com

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven