World Line Dance Newsletter Monday 2/2

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 2, 2015, 11:51:22 AM2/2/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Monday 2/2  Hope everyone had a great weekend.  The Crystal Boot Awards and the Big Bang were both going on this weekend and it looks like a good time was had by all!  Can't wait to see a few reports.  I know you think the whole world is on Facebook and Twitter but there are way more people who are not on there so please share your reports so I can put them in the newsletter.   Please send it to tka...@aol.com.  Thanks.
*******************************
Subject:  USLDCC Choreography Results from Big

Bang Dance Classic
From: USLDCC

We had 41 competitors at Big Bang and all with really

great dances.   We really appreciated everyone who

competed and also those that watched to cheered

them on.

Here are the results:
Newcomer / Novice
1st - Jamie Livingston - Viva la Vida
2nd - Cody Flowers - Big Big Booty
3rd - Mitzi Day - Fireball EZ
4th - Mitzi Day - Uptown Funk EZ
5th - Lynn Card - Hey DJ

Intermediate / Advanced
1st - Brenna Stith - Bet You Don't
2nd - Cody Flowers - Shut Up and Dance
3rd - James Pruitt & Trevor Thornton - She's So Hot!!
4th - Sherry Herring - Better Than Nothing
5th - Brandi Gross - Run Run Run

Phrased
1st - Brenna Stith - Pop Music 101
2nd - Trevor Thornton - Hunt You Down
3rd - Jamie Livingston - Witch Doctor
4th - Jan Conti - Diamante
5th - Brandi Gross - This Girl's Been

The next USLDCC qualifying event is the Line Dance

Showdown on March 26-29.
www.LineDanceShowdwon.com

Jennifer Cameron
JC Dance Productions, Inc. and USLDCC
Line Dance Showdown (March 26-29, 2015)
Fun in the Sun (July 16-19, 2015)
Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic (November 5-8, 2015)

Congratulations, everyone!!
************************
SUBJECT: The Big Bang Dance Classic Report
FROM: Hagan Ko (ha...@haganlinedance.com) - Seattle, WA

Will try to keep this as short as possible. :)

What a fantastic weekend and an AMAZING event!  HUGE SHOUT OUT to Will Craig & his team.

This was my very first time to this event, so I didn't know what to expect. It was an impulse purchase (when I was in my dancing high at Windy City I handed my money to Will)
I am SO glad I went and had such a fantastic time that I made another impulse purchase and handed Will my registration for Big Bang 2016!

Workshop highlights:
By far, the 2 most popular dances during the weekend (my opinion) was:

"Celebrate" by Guyton & Will (phrased ABC) - not hard!  Intermediate.  Fun song. Super fun dance. LOVE IT!!!  I think this is going to be a big hit.

"Funk U Up" by Willis, Schrank, et al. I didn't take this class but the floor was jammed pack every time it was played. Everyone mentioned that it was a lot of fun. Another huge hit! I was one of the few that didn't know this dance :(

Other dances:
"Take Me To Church" - Guyton & Fred. Is there a category above advanced?  Super tough. A very "Guyton" dance. Great song. Fun dance. Not for the faint of heart!

"Twisted Sister" - Guyton. Intermediate dance. Not too tough (for Guyton).  One tricky double turn or something like that towards the end.  I like it!

"Run" - new waltz from Scott Blevins. Intermediate. Beautiful, but lots of turns. The 3/4 turn into the "a" count spiral full turn is a part I will have to work on still. The 1st restart is hard to hear (for me).

"Wakey Wakey" - Scott Blevins & Jo Thompson.  Cute dance. Fun song. Intermediate level. Fun & cute!
**************************
Subject: 1st & 3rd Tuesday High-Beg. to Inter-Adv.

Line Dance Class at The Bayou Dance Club Feb.3rd &

Sunday Social Apr. 12th

   We had a great Social last Sunday and we are glad

to announce our next one Apr.12th! We will be trying

to stay on our every two month social if all schedules

permit! Lots of socials in Florida which means more

dancing and less traveling far!

   Since we have many snowbirds in Florida we will do

more one walls when asked! Our class is very flexible

and we stick to a certain format with many

exceptions! Please come and visit knowing that you

will have a great time!

        New Teaches:
 Uptown Funk by Rob Fowler taught by Lynda
 Beneath It All By Amy Glass taught by Sheri

         Reviews:
 Pull The Trigger by Scott taught by Sheri
 Just Be by Fred & Darren taught by Cheryl

             Studio Location:
             Bayou Dance Club
             6541 102nd Ave
             Pinellas Park, Fl
             33782

            630 open dance
            7:00 class Starts
           $8.00 for class
Snacks and water are always available

          Diane bpo...@tampabay.rr.com
          Carol tka...@aol.com
**************************

SUBJECT: USLDCC Choreography Competition
FROM: Cody Flowers -
co.fl...@gmail.com

Thank you so much to everyone that contacted me

about the step sheets for Big Big Booty and Shut Up

and Dance. If you didn't hear: Big Big Booty won 2nd

in Newcomer/Novice and Shut Up and Dance won 2nd

in Intermediate/Advanced at the Big Bang Dance

Classic. If you came up and asked for the step sheet,

please email me (co.fl...@gmail.com) and I can

send it to you or keep on the lookout on Copperknob

for them! Thanks again for all of the support

everyone!          -Cody Flowers
*****************************
Subject: Danceing
From:
sheila....@yahoo.com

"CHANGE"
Sunday Feb.8th.will be the next
"Country Dance Party"
from 2:00 to 5:00. Line & Couples. Nice big floor.

Address is.............

"Cares Elfers Center
4136 Barker Dr.
New Port Richey, Fl.

We will have a 50/50 drawing with extra prizes so

keep your
ticket till the end.
See you on the floor!!!
sheila....@yahoo.com
727-848-7683
********************************
Dance Social in Naples
Jamie Leick,
tom_jam...@yahoo.com
We had an amazing time last night at our dance

social!  Many thanks go out to everyone who helped

set - up and clean - up, lead the beginner floor splits,

and support this event!  Socials like this couldn't

happen without all the help!

The Social started at 6:00pm and we were still

dancing after 10:00.  We were able to get through 69

dances, all but one with a paired beginner dance for

floor-splits, but didn't have the stamina to make it

through the whole playlist.  (I am usually very

determined to get through the who,e list - fatigue got

the better of me last night!)

We are hoping that our next social will be toward the

end of February.  If you are in Southwest Florida and

have interest in attending, email me for more

information.

The playlist for the night was:  I Don’t Want This Night

To End, 18 Lonely Months, Pull The Trigger,

Telepathy, Islands In The Stream, Clap Happy, Clap

Along, Wagon Wheel Rock, I’m No Good, Pontoon,

Walk Alone, Shotgun Mambo, Fly Like A Bird, Stripes,

Omg!!!, Alabama Slammin’, Get My Name, Washed In

The Water, Scarlet Devil, Young Volcanoes, Kreedom,

Come Dance With Me, Fireball, Walking Through,

Cheesecake, Love Me Or Leave Me, Wow  Hawaii,

Walking On Air, I Got It Easy, Timber, You And Me,

You’ll Be Okay, Remix, Gentle, Need To Be Naughty,

Make You Feel My World, Chill Factor, Dear Darlin’,

They Dance!, This Is Me, Happy, Night Train,

Tennessee Waltz Surprise, Just Be, Yes!,

Simplemente, All I Can Say, Caught In The Moonlight,

1234, This Is How We Roll, Bosa Nova, Jai Du Boogie,

Silver Lining, Love You Forever, Coming Unplugged,

Rock & Roll King, Blurred Lines, Good Girl, Zenyatta’s

Waltz, Dream Lover, Hickety Bickety, Chandelier, A

Little Bit Gypsy, Such A Fool, Without, Alcazar,

Goodnight Kiss, Playin’ Tricks, and Toes.

The Beginner Dances (floor splits with the playlist):

Country As Can Be, Canadian Stroll, Cowboy Boogie,

Barstool, Continental, T-Town Boogie, All About That

Bass, Electric Slide, Two Step, Moves Like Jagger,

Rumba Here Lately, Eye Candy,  Disco, Cowboy

Charleston,  Moving Hips, Mamma Maria, Rita’s Waltz,

(Don’t Think) Just Waltz, Cupid Shuffle.
****************************
SUBJECT:  (Chandler, AZ)  FREE - TIME CHANGE!  Line Dancing Lessons on Wednesday’s @ Nabers Restaurant with Carrie from 6:30-8:00pm
FROM: Carrie McNeish,
cmcn...@cox.net, Phoenix/AZ/USA, www.dancemeetsfitness.net
Nabers Restaurant (Chandler, Arizona) , http://www.nabersaz.com/, has FREE Line Dance Lessons with me (Carrie) EVERY Wednesday from 6:30-8:00pm (new time for 2015!).

If you are bringing a “group” in for this event, let me know and we can reserve a table for you!!!  J

For questions feel free to contact me @ cmcn...@cox.net or 480-221-9090
************************
SUBJECT:  (Chandler, AZ)   Line Dance “When You Lie”, 32 counts, 4 walls, Improver
FROM: Carrie McNeish,
cmcn...@cox.net, Phoenix/AZ/USA, www.dancemeetsfitness.net

I choreographed a dance for one of our local Phoenix artists - Ryan Sims.  Please consider teaching it in your classes/workshops as well!  Contact me for a copy of the track or it’s also available on itunes! Check out the dance sheet and video here:

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/when-you-lie-ID99383.aspx.  For questions feel free to contact me @ cmcn...@cox.net or 480-221-9090.  Carrie McNeish
*****************************
SUBJECT:  (Phoenix, AZ)   Linedancercise with Carrie

FROM: Carrie McNeish, cmcn...@cox.net, Phoenix/AZ/USA, www.dancemeetsfitness.net

Hi everyone!  My 2nd session of 2015 LINEDANCERCISE classes starts THIS month (Feb.) for Beginning & Intermediate/Advanced!  Classes are held at the Pecos Community Center in Ahwatukee.  I have classes on Tuesday evenings & Thursday “daytime”.  For questions feel free to contact me @ cmcn...@cox.net, 480-221-9090.  Carrie McNeish – www.dancemeetsfitness.net
**************************
 Subject: Seacoast Social Dance & Workshop (Fort Pierce, FL)
From: Wendie Smith & Casey French (
in...@wildrosesfoundation.org)

Seacoast National Bank & Wild Roses Foundation are teaming up to bring you the Seacoast Social Dance & Workshop, a fundraiser benefiting the Saint Lucie County Boys & Girls club.

On February 21, 2015 from 10am -4pm instructors; Patrick Fleming, Kathy Parker, Trevor Thornton & Lisa Johns Grose will be joining us at the Fort Pierce Women’s Club, 2408 S. 29th Street, Fort Pierce 34948

Cost is $40 pre-registration, $45 at door including lunch. Space is limited so go to www.wildrosesfoundation.org to register

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com