World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 6/30 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Jun 30, 2017, 9:33:04 AM6/30/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

FRIDAY 6/30

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.  Safe travels and I hope the fireworks end early for Daisy's sake and every other animal who freaks when they hear fireworks.

SUBJECT:  Dancin' with Marilyn, Ocala, FL

FROM:    Marilyn McNeal, BoarsN...@aol.com

Another great year of Line Dance at On Top of the World has reached Summer Break time!

This dance community is exceptional in every way - not only in their commitment to weekly dance class, but also their commitment to each other, a true "dance family." I've been teaching dance for 27 years and though I've enjoyed every moment of it in many different venues, and cherish the tons of unforgettable memories and friendships, this community inspires me in a different way.  Through illnesses, loss of beloved dance members, thunderstorms, technical issues, my crazy "high" returning from a dance event, whatever it is, they are there, smiling, supportive and motivating!  My special thanks to Kathy Petroskly for all the "extra stuff" that contributes to the success of our dance experience!  I love being there and appreciate all the other instructors who make the practice sessions fun for everyone. I look forward to seeing y'all in September.  Classes resume the Monday after Labor Day. Have a Safe and Happy Summer!

I always take off July and August but  I've committed to one day a week this summer at a new location here in Ocala.

Here is my Wednesday line dance schedule.

ALL CLASSES START JULY 5TH at the MEDICAL HEALTH CENTER, 1714 SW 17th Street, Ocala, 34471

Registration required for the two daytime classes.  Must be 55 to participate.  Dance classes are FREE!

Contact Brenda Williams at (352) 812-2059 or  www.Healthy55.org

11:00 – 11:55AM        INTRODUCTION TO LINE DANCE CLASS

This class introduces you to Line Dance steps, patterns and easy dances.  Step patterns are described, practiced and used in easy, fun dances.  Step sheets of each dance are also provided so you can practice at home.  Must be 55 or beyond!

Entrance to dance area is on the Northwest side, facing the AMF Bowling Alley.

12:00 – 1:00PM              BEGINNER CLASS

Dancers in this class have some line dance experience and know many step patterns.  Easy dances are taught at this

level with additional step patterns added as needed.  Must be 55 or beyond!

Entrance to dance area is on the Northwest side, facing the AMF Bowling Alley.

5:30PM - 7:30PM                  INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED CLASS

No registration required and no age requirement.

This is a private, paid class for dancers at this level.

Your email address is appreciated for notifications.

Entrance to dance area is on the Northwest side, facing the AMF Bowling Alley.

********************************

SUBJECT:  WHAT MAURICE ROWE IS TEACHING AT THE ROUNDUP IN TAMPA

This week at The Round Up in Tampa

Thursday

1. Slow Hands by Jose

2. Drive of Shame by Caroline last week

3. Somebody Elese's Heart by Neville & Julie

Friday & Saturday

1. Big Blue Tree by Ria

2. Craving you by Lieren

3. Let's get lit by Severine

Class is 7-9pm. See you all on the dance floor at The Round Up Maurice

*********************************

SUBJECT:   I saw this photo today and am sharing it for those of you who didn't know that Jo Thompson Szymanski was MISS TEXAS.  She hasn't changed a bit!  Sorry it copied darker than the original one on Facebook.  I wonder how many people we all know who have accomplished things most of us don't know about.  Well, now is your chance to let us know!

*********************************

From:  Norma, Brooksville FL, nerb...@tampabay.rr.com

Subject:  Beg & Improver Classes on Thursday, Brookridge

Beginner Line Dance Class, 6/29/17, 9-11 AM @ $3

1.  EZ Shuffle /  Larry Bass

2.  Until The Dawn / Gary Lafferty

3.  Are You Missing Me / Ron Boyle

4.  Old Bones / Linda Oates

5.  Little Dean Waltz / Claire Denney

6.  Ces’t La Vie Baby / Jo T-Sysmanski

High Beg/ Improver Class, 6/29/17, 10:15-11:15 AM @ $3

1.  Ex’s & Oh’s / Amy Glass

2.  Latina Heat / Rose Grant

3.  Blessed / Jackie Miranda

4.  Fireball / Marthe Theibault

Again, I thank you all for your thoughts & prayers re:  Marilyn & our daughter, Cheryl.

They are both doing much much better. Marilyn went home yesterday, & Cheryl’s been

home since last Friday! (They both had hip replacements!!) I did get there this morning

and it felt good to be dancing again!!  Any questions about our Dance Program, e-mail

or call me at (352) 397-6088 (Next Class 7/6/17, NO classes on July 4th).........Norma

~dance til you drop~

*GOD BLESS AMERICA* *Pray For Our Troops & Fly Your Flag*

 *********************************

SUBJECT:  LEGENDS IN LINE BIO OF RACHAEL MCENANEY-WHITE

(THIS IS A LITTLE OLD AND SHE HAS ADDED MORE SINCE THIS WAS PUBLISHED.)

Here at Legends In Line we are looking forward to welcoming Rachael back to the UK at the Norbreck in November!

A dancer since the age of four, and with a family background of Ballroom and Latin Champions, Rachael, through her love of dance discovered and trained in many different forms of dance including Ballet, Tap, Modern, Jazz, Disco, Latin & Ballroom, Salsa, West Coast Swing, Hip-Hop, and of course, Line Dancing. Rachael’s success and ambition enabled her to start her first Line Dance Class at the youthful age of 15. The combination of drive, ambition, and an infectious personality has enabled Rachael to beat all industry downturns, with her first class still being attended by more than 100 people each week.

With a determination to dance and travel, Rachael began competing in April 1999, her first competition being at the United Country Western Dance Council (UCWDC) European Championships. After winning many British and European titles, Rachael’s continued drive and ambition saw her take home a Double World Championship title, in the Grand Classic and Showcase Line Dance divisions from the UCWDC Worlds 2000 held in Nashville. This propelled Rachael into the highest division offered in the UCWDC – the Superstar Division. A division only eligible to dancers through qualification, the Superstar division is an unparalleled display of Line Dance. In January 2001, Rachael returned to the UCWDC Worlds, held in Edmonton, Canada, and proceeded to take the Superstar World Championship title at her first attempt, solidifying her name and reputation as one of the most achieved Line Dancers in the world at the tender age of 19.

Rachael’s success in the field of Line Dance was supplemented through her academic achievements. Rachael graduated from college in June 1999 with 10 GCSE’s, and A-Levels in French, German and Sports Studies, important subject matters that she dedicated herself to in order to invest further in her ambitions to travel and teach the mediums of dance.

In 2002, as part of an exciting new venture, Rachael joined forces with leading industry personalities Pedro Machado, Rob Fowler, Paul McAdam, and established business woman and promoter Barbara Blake. Together they formed ‘Masters In Line’, a dance events company that specialized in competitive and social Line Dance events. As a director Rachael organized events, coordinated competitions, judged, performed, and scrutineered. Masters in Line’s events were established all over the globe, including Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa as well as all across Europe. Having traveled the World and invested the time to develop a successful organization, Rachael looked to pursue other interests in 2007 and made the difficult decision to retire as a Director of Masters In Line. The original company’s success and structure left a historical impact, framing the industry for future organizations Rachael now takes a leading consulting role in World Dance Masters, a new company in the dance event space, and continues to attend their biggest events as an emcee, performer, instructor and judge.

Throughout Rachael’s career she has made a conscious effort to ensure she passes her knowledge onto others.. To date Rachael has trained 32 World Champions from Newcomer through to the highest level, and from the youngest to the eldest competitors, in both UCWDC and World Dance Masters - an achievement she holds with modest dignity.

Through Line Dance Rachael has been fortunate to perform on National Television stations across Europe. She appeared on several news broadcasts on British Broadcasting Company (BBC) local news stations due to her competitive success at the World Championships and she was asked to perform with her students on the BBC’s famous appeal for Children in Need in 2002, In 2006 Rachael was invited to teach and choreograph a group performance on BBC’s Strictly Dance Fever (a “So You Think You Dance” equivalent).

Rachael’s dedication, ability, and drive led to continuous successful years in the Line Dance industry. However, in the last 4 years Rachael’s Line Dance career has hit the very top. Rachael continues to win awards internationally for her personality, choreography, and instruction ability; including fourteen coveted Crystal Boot Awards. Her most recent achievements include winning another World Title at the 2013 UCWDC World Championships in Nashville Tennessee, this time at the highest level of couples “Masters Classic” with dance partner Albert Tailleur. Then just a few weeks later at 2013 Crystal Boot Awards, Rachael was inducted in to the Line Dance HALL OF FAME, a moment she will never forget.

Rachael continues to be one of the most sought after instructors in the industry. Her schedule is booked almost two years in advance and she is known internationally as a world-class performer, instructor, choreographer and educator of dance sport Her strong work ethic and extraordinary passion for dance and fitness has been proved over a twelve-year career, and her success in the field continues to thrive.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, outdoor and nature

SUBJECT:  LEGENDS IN LINE BIO OF SCOTT BLEVINS

Here at Legends in Line we are looking forward to Scott appearing at the Event in November!

Scott Blevins is known internationally as an award-winning choreographer, discerning judge and highly knowledgeable dance instructor. Since he began his dance career in 1989, he has touched the lives of many through his entertaining dance instruction, developmentally focused coaching and innovative choreography.

Over the years, he has tried to keep his choreography creative and fun, explored new areas of dance and music, worked with/trained some incredibly talented dancers, and helped to expand the world of line dance both socially and competitively. He has been blessed to enjoy much success, earning national and international acclaim, including:

Induction into The Linedancer Magazine Hall of Fame - UK

Multiple Crystal Boot Awards – Linedancer Magazine - UK

Multiple Star Awards – UCWDC - USA

Multiple Country Dance Music Association Awards - USA

Multiple Dancer’s Choice Awards - USA

Multiple Outstanding Dance Achievement Awards- Canada

Most importantly, he has had the opportunity to travel extensively, meet some wonderfully interesting people and build many priceless friendships, all while doing work he really loves to do.

Music and dance never fail to inspire me, and he plans to keep following wherever they lead. Scott would like to thank everyone for the amazing experiences that he has been allowed to enjoy and for the opportunity to continue the journey.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven