World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 1/26 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

Carol Craven

Jan 26, 2018, 10:34:40 AM1/26/18
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.

Friday 1/26

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.  If you join on the World Line Dance Newsletter Google Group site, please choose "all mail" for delivery.  You will only get mail from me.

Do you want to scan the newsletter faster?  I always put the word, SUBJECT, before each post.  Just do a search for that word and you can skip from topic to topic quickly and read what you are interested in reading.

******************************'

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

NOTE FROM ME:  Good luck to everyone at the Crystal Boots this weekend. You are all winners just to be nominated so good luck and have a great time.

After you register you can watch the activities for FREE so take a moment to register and enjoy the weekend vicariously.

Ustream

CrystalBootAwards just went live

Couldn't catch it in time? Check out the recorded videos on CrystalBootAwards.

Try Ustream Producer

Our desktop broadcaster with advanced broadcasting features:

HD broadcasting, screen sharing, multi-camera switching, and more.

Download now

***************************

NOTE FROM ME:  I said I would post Cody Flowers' new dance he taught at our social when the sheet was posted and I meant to do it sooner.  Here is the link.  Nice dance, Cody.

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/vows-ID122905.aspx

*************************

SUBJECT:  STACY HAS UPDATED THE WHERE TO DANCE PAGE ON THE SITE.  Is your class here?  There are classes listed, not only in the U.S. but around the world!

Dance Where (Where To Dance) in California, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, and West Virginia are now updated!

http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/site-map.html

Form for Dance Where (Where To Dance) can be found here:

http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form-wtd.html

****************************

SUBJECT:      Classics Line Dance workshop

FROM:            Betsy (egc...@aol.com)

WHEN:           Saturday 1/27/18; 12:30 – 5:30 pm

WHERE:         SHALL WE DANCE STUDIOS, Deerfield Beach, FL

REMINDER tomorrow is our next Classics Line Dance workshop.

Saturday, January 27th from 12:30 - 5:30. Cost is $25.00.

On the schedule:  FREAK A LITTLE MORE (Scott Blevins), SMOOTH CRIMINAL (Barry Porter & Paul Hulatt), HANDS UP (Craig Bennett), and JESSE JAMES (Rachael McEnaney-White).  There will be full teaches and then a quick review of each dance and dance again at the end of the day.  And of course time for social dancing in between and quick reviews of the dances taught at the November workshop (Feel, SXE, Cry to Me and Do Your Thing).

At Shall We Dance Studios, Deerfield Square, 600 S. Federal Highway, 2nd floor, Deerfield Beach, FL.

            Hope to see you there!

            Betsy

************************

SUBJECT:  HERE IS A BEAUTIFUL DANCE DONE BY DANIEL TREPAT, DEDICATED TO HIS MOM.

Daniel Trepat’s performance dedicated for his mother!

Video web content titled: Daniel Trepat’s performance dedicated for his mother!

****************************

SUBJECT:  I NEED SOME VOLUNTEERS TO KEEP TRACK OF DANCES AT BIG BANG DANCE CLASSIC.  ANY VOLUNTEERS?

FROM: Stacy J Garcia, Stacy...@gmail.comhttp://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event-playlists.html

I need some volunteers to do playlist in the MAIN & BEGINNER ballrooms at BIG BANG DANCE CLASSIC event (and if any of the DJs keep a list, perhaps you could send it to me to be posted on the site).

I will send you a list so you can check off most of them and just add the ones not included.

Thank you.

Stacy J Garcia

********************************

NOTE FROM ME:  HERE IS THE SCHEDULE FROM STOKE LAST WEEKEND.    Some of the videos are on Jessie Chan's Youtube site (thanks, Jessie) and many will be posted after the Crystal Boot this weekend, I'm sure.  Lots of new dances.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jchan1996

CHOREO
T I ME (Approx)
DANCE
INI[/G/Hnr
GUILLAUME
FRED
REBECCA
GUILLAUME
SHANE
ROY' HONA
GUILLAUME
BOLLYWOOD 45
TIP TOE
FINESSE
LEAVE A LIGHT ON
DON'T SWEAT IT
BRING DOWN THE RAIN
RATHER THAN TALKING
amroN
RECAPS
ROY & FIONA
ROY&HONA
THE LAST WORD
WANNABE
GUILLAUME THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
FRED
SHANE
* REBECCA
FRED
STARTING FROM NOW
BOAT STUCK IN A BOTTLE
STEP LIKE A DONKEY
ACOUSTIC LOVE
JEAN-PIERRE LET IT BUMP
RECAPS
/O.OOish
11.15
11.50
12.25
12.55
1.40
2.10
2.40
3.30
11.15
11.45
12.05
12.40
1.15
1.50
2.25
3.00
3.30

**************************

SUBJECT; GOOD TIMES LINE DANCE CLUB AT BROOKRIDGE, THURSDAY CLASS

FROM:  Marilyn Richardson, mimi2...@gmail.com

We did the following dances at the beginner class on Thursday 1/25:

C'est la Vie Baby/John Robinson & Jo Thompson Szymanski

Things/Gary Lafferty (danced it twice)

Rockin' the Wagon Wheel/Jamie Marshall

Are You Missing Me/Ron Bloye

Got A Hole In My Pocket/Rosie Multari & Jo T. Szymanski

We did the following dances at the high beginner-improver class on 1/25:

Little Nancy Mulligan/Ron Bloye

Babylon/Fred Whitehouse

Lonely Drum/Darren Mitchell

School Days/Roger Neff

Eyes For You/Jo T. Szymanski

Gypsy Queen/Hazel Pace

Blessed/Jackie Miranda

Brookridge in a gated community but the line dance class is open for visitors.

Just mention "Line dance" at the gate, and they will let you in!!

*******************************

SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA DANCE-A-THON (DANVILLE, VA) WITH GUEST INSTRUCTOR BRENNA STITH FEBRUARY 23-25, 2018

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Event director Harold Logan invites you to join him for the first 2018 Southside Virginia Dance-a-thon.  The level for this event is intermediate and above.  Brenna Stith will be joining regular instructors Bonnie Mathews and Sue Ann Ehmann.  As always, our dj is the incomparable Mary Kaye Johnson. We promise you a relaxed, fun-filled two days and nights of new teaches, open dancing and socializing with friends.  Come join us for the  "Biggest Little Event" ever!!  We even take requests for dances to be taught!!

The weekend begins with a Friday night "meet & greet" dance from 7 to 11 ($5) which will be held at The Pepsi Building, 661 Craghead Street, Danville.   If you need directions to The Pepsi Building, please email Cindy Jones with Danville Parks & Rec at jon...@danvilleva.gov

The Friday night dance is all request--and I mean ALL REQUEST!!  You ask for it, Mary Kaye plays it.   Saturday and Sunday are at the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street in Danville.  Saturday begins with sign-in and registration at 9:30 with some dancing as well.  Classes start at 10 and end at 5, with an hour or so lunch break and open dancing in between teaches--again, all request.  Lots of restaurants in walking distance or bring your lunch.  If requested, Mary Kaye will put a playlist on during lunch so you can decide whether you want to dance or eat or do both!!   We break for dinner and come back at 7:00 for 4 more hours of open dancing and review (if that is  requested).  Sunday we come back from 9:30 to 1:30 with the most difficult, anything goes dances reserved for that morning.

The cost of the weekend is just $40 in advance or $45 at the door on Saturday morning.  Saturday only is $25 The host hotel is the Comfort Inn & Suites on Tower Drive (434-793-2000).  Mention the Southside Virginia Dance-a-Thon for their special rate of $85 + tax per night--includes a great breakfast with lots of selections.   To find out about preregistration, please call/email Cindy Jones with the Center--434-799-5216 or jon...@danvilleva.gov.  If you have any questions about the event itself, please email me.

SUBJECT:  VIDEO OF THE WEEK (COUPLES)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIOc7zFCees

--

Vivian

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:

SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

Stacy Garcia is the webmaster and keeps these lists current BUT ONLY WITH YOUR HELP.  Please make changes/corrections/additions using these forms:

TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal

https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.

Carol Craven