World Line Dance Newsletter Sunday 9/4 PLEASE VOTE TODAY

TKA...@aol.com

Sep 4, 2016, 10:30:49 AM9/4/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
SUNDAY 9/4 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE TODAY!

2016 & 2017 World Event Calendar NOW updated!!!
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html

Here’s the DIRECT link to the form for the Event Calendar:
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html

NOTE: If you would like to send more information to be posted in the newsletter, just send Carol (tka...@aol.com) a SHORT description and she will be happy to include it.
Please do not send your entire brochure for posting in the newsletter.
*****************************
SUBJECT:  UPDATE ON ARLINE WINERMAN
FROM:  DALLAS P.

Post Hermine Update:  Arline barely had any rain during the storm/hurricane that was Hermine.  Arline has been doing a little better each day.  She drove around the block last Monday to pick up a prescription and is able to walk for a very short distance without her walker (her therapist scolded her though).  ☺  Her visitng nurse and therapist have been extended so that is good news.  Her cousin LInda came over and vacuumed for her Friday and they went to lunch at Panera after a quick trip to the primary's office.  And today one of Arline's neighbors took her on an outing to Publix.   So you can see that things are moving forward.  Only pesty problems now are that one area of her surgical wound is taking its own sweet time about healing, and getting Arline to gain back some of the twelve pounds or so she has lost.  Keep Arline in your thoughts and prayers.  Have a great Labor Day weekend.//Hugs
*****************************
Subject: Jamaician Getaway
From:
gond...@verizon.net

4 NIGHT JAMAICAN GETAWAY – SUNSET SPLASH BEACH RESORT –MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA

DECEMBER 1 – 5, 2016

Join me for a relaxing beach getaway to the sunny island of Jamaica! Just a group of my dance friends getting away for a few days of sun, fun, food, drinks, laughter, and just a little dancing. We have only a couple of rooms available, so contact me to be added to the list. These rates include accommodations (based on double occupancy), meals and snacks, drinks, entertainment, round trip transfers and hotel taxes.
Contact me at: gond...@verizon.net

Enjoy the two 35 foot tall, 250 foot long water slides, lazy river, or choose from a range of non-motorized water sports, including paddle boats, sunfish, kayaking and snorkeling. Circus Circus (slot machines), Gaming Lounge, Tamarind Lounge and Disco. Fitness Centre boasts an air conditioned gym with aerobic equipment and free weights. Our aerobic room is ideal for athletic excersise, plates, yoga, cardio workouts and dance routines. Sharpen you skills at mini golf, shuffleboard, giant chess and checkers, beach volleyball and basketball. Enjoy 6 Dining options and 5 bars and IT’S ALL INCLUDED!

SPECIAL GROUP PRICING: Single (1 in room) $795.00..Double (2 in room) $547.00..Triple (3 in room)       $ 543.00  AIRFARE NOT INCLUDED

*Prices are per person and include round trip airport transfers, 4 nights accommodations in an ocean view room with all taxes, all meals, snacks, drinks, non-motorized watersports.

We have a limited number of rooms at this price, so get your deposits in as soon as possible. Contact Kathy for the form and return to Steve Lescarbeau at: A+ Vacations, 64 East Road, Clarksburg, MA 01247-2164.

A passport that is valid for at least 6 months after your planned return is required for travel to Jamaica.
For any questions contact Steve at: st...@aplusvacations.com or call 413.662.2323 between 12:00pm and 7:00pm EST.

Kathy Brown
gond...@verizon.net
**************************
Subject: High-Beg. to Int.-Adv. line dance Sunday Social Sunday  Sept.25th

     We are less than  a month away from our next Sunday Social  which is Sept. 25TH and we are in the process of picking out the dances to be taught so we will send a note out soon. We will have plenty of open dancing and reviews when needed.

     Please start sending in your request sheet if you would like but request can be taken that day if they can be fit in.

       The Social is from 12-5 with plenty of snacks, water, tea, coffee, sodas and pizza later in the day! Please bring something to share if you like. The address is listed below

Time 12-5
$10.00

Studio location:
Bayou Dance Club
6541 102nd Ave
Pinellas Park, Fl 33782

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com 727+439-8819
Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com   813+ 417-9800

***************************
Subject: Eve/Windy City Request
From:
xwee...@yahoo.com

Hello Everybody,

This is Eve from Windy City Line Dance Mania.

I am short several people at our Registration Desk. Tina runs the Reg Desk and needs more volunteers.

If you are interested in volunteering, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, you would be given a discount on your Registration Fee. Depending on how much you work, the  discount is based on the amount you volunteer.

Tina would be the one who you would work with and for.

Hope you can help or know someone who could help.

Thanks and look forward to seeing you in October,

Eve Yeaton
Co-Event Director
WCLDM
******************************
SUBJECT:  5 GUYS AND A DJ CRUISE
FROM:  TREVOR

Just got home from an amazing trip with the 5 guys and a DJ line dance cruise! I met so many new wonderful friends and I'm so glad I got to spend time with my current dance family! I could say this without a doubt... It's certainly never a dull moment with you all! I got to write a brand new dance with Candee Seger we will be releasing that at the wold roses "red carpet affair" dance is called "LIT" (I think) I also got to do my first choreography with the man who introduced me to this crazy dance life, Mr. Guyton Mundy! Then we figured why not get a little crazy and go for another new dance! Myself along with Guyton and Will Craig  choreographed a new dance called "Zillionaire" can't wait for you guys to all check it out. (I'll get right on that step sheet) 😩😩 lol
So I'm home early, and it's Saturday night.. Why not have one more night of dancing! I'll be introducing our new dance Zillionaire to my barn dancers for the first time at 8:30 tonight! We will also go over "the wild life" hope to see you guys out tonight! No need to stop the party now!
*****************************

SUBJECT: Intermediate Line dance class – Tampa, Florida.  Wednesdays at 7pm to 8:55pm
FROM: Lynda Licht (
lyndali...@gmail.com) Facebook page:  Line Dance with Lynda

Wednesday from 7pm-8:55pm ROY HAYNES Hillsborough County Rec Center - 1902 S Village Ave, Tampa, FL 33612 (813) 903-3480 (just 3 lights west off Fletcher Ave exit on I-275, turn left onto Rome). Cost $ 4.

For 9/7/16
New Teach:  None this week.  I'm having oral surgery on Tuesday so I don't think I'll be doing much talking on Wednesday.  But please come to dance our favorites.

1st Review: Corazon Diamante (O'Reilly, Verdonk & Gallagher)
2nd review:  (one wall):   Funk N Feel It (Rachael McEnaney & Arjay Centeno).

Please join us!
*****************************
SUBJECT: Brandon Zahorsky coming to the Inner Circle in NJ September 9th

Come join the Inner Circle as we welcome Brandon Zahorsky in Towaco, NJ, onFriday, September 9th!

It's sure to be a fun night as we learn Brandon & Bracken Ellis' Handclap.  There will be plenty of energy as we dance the night away at Good Shepherd Church, 9 Two Bridges Rd., Towaco, NJ. We start the night at 7:30 with some open dancing. Free snacks and coffee or bring your own.

Please join us!
The Inner Circle
****************************
SUBJECT:  Dances taught at Grrowler's (UK) - week ending 03-Sep-16

Beginners
Action (Darren Bailey) - Little Less Talk And A Lot More Action - Toby Keith
Country As Can Be (Suzanne Wilson) - Country As A  Boy Can Be - Brady Seals
Cowboy Charleston (Jeanette Hall & Tonya Miller) - Delores - Mavericks
Horsin' Around (Dick & Geneva Matteis) - Trashy Women - Confederate Railroad

La Cucaracha (Unknown) - All You Ever Do Is Bring Me Down - Mavericks
San Antone (John & Janet Sandham) - San Antone Stroll - Tanya Tucker
San Antone (John & Janet Sandham) - Venus - Bananarama
Saturday Night Fever (Maggie Cadwel) - Staying Alive - N Trance

Such A Fool (Niels Poulsen) - Fool Such As I - Jason Donovan
The Hams Jam (Peter Metelnick) - In A Letter To You - Eddie Raven
The Hams Jam (Peter Metelnick) - Stand By Your Man
Thinkin' Country (Simon Ward) -  What Was I Thinkin' - Dierks Bentley

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Improvers
All Day Long (Gary Lafferty) - Mr Mom -  Lonestar
Burlesque (Norman Gifford) - Welcome To Burlesque - Cher
Lucky Day (Michelle Risley) - Lucky Day - Sasha

Magical Mystery Ride (P&A) - All Of Me - D'Macy
Places (Maria Hennings Hunt & Michele Adlam) - Paces I've Never Been
The Hams Jam (Peter Metelnick) - In A Letter To You - Eddie Raven

The Hams Jam (Peter Metelnick) - Stand By Your Man
The Queen (Guillaume Richard & Friends) - Tilted - Christine & The Queens
Til Forever (Audrey Watson) - From Here Til Forever - Helene Fischer

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Int / Adv
Dear Friend (Kate Sala) - Carry You Home - Ward Thomas
Magical Mystery Ride (P&A) - All Of Me - D'Macy
Razor Sharp (Stephen Sunter) - Siamsa - Ronan Hardiman
Save The Day (KHW) - One Call Away - Charlie Puth

Sax (Maggie G) - Sax - Fleur East
Turn Me Loose (Simon Ward) - Turn Me Loose - Young Divas
You Don't Know Love (P&A) - You Don't Know Love - Olly Murs

For a full list of dances taught and danced socially at our classes over the recent months
Visit www.Grrowler.com

LUV & XXX's
John "Grrowler" Rowell - your dancin' DJ
Tel : +44(0)1723 - 364736
Email : Grro...@btinternet.com
Web: www.Grrowler.com
Facebook : John Grrowler Rowell
*******************************
SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA DANCE-A-THON (DANVILLE, VA) WITH DANCIN' DEAN-SEPTEMBER 9-11, 2016
FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (
linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Event director Harold Logan invites you to join him for the fall Southside Virginia Dance-a-thon.  The level for this event is intermediate and above.  Dancin' Dean is new to our weekend workshop and will be joining regular instructors Bonnie Mathews and Sue Ann Ehmann, who will be teaching you one of her newest dances.  As always, our dj is the incomparable Mary Kaye Johnson. We promise you a relaxed, fun-filled two days and nights of new teaches, open dancing and socializing with friends.  Come join us for the  "Biggest Little Event" ever!!

The weekend begins with a Friday night "meet & greet" dance from 7 to 11 ($5) which will be held at The Pepsi Building, 661 Craghead Street, Danville.   If you need directions to The Pepsi Building, please email Cindy Jones with Danville Parks & Rec at jon...@danvilleva.gov

The Friday night dance is all request--and I mean ALL REQUEST!!  You ask for it, Mary Kaye plays it.   Saturday and Sunday are at the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street in Danville.  Saturday begins with sign-in and registration at 9:30 with some dancing as well.  Classes start at 10 and end at 5, with an hour or so lunch break and open dancing in between teaches--again, all request.  Lots of restaurants in walking distance or bring your lunch.  If requested, Mary Kaye will put a playlist on during lunch so you can decide whether you want to dance or eat or do both!!   We break for dinner and come back at 7:00 for 4 more hours of open dancing and review (if that is  requested).  Sunday we come back from 9:30 to 1:30 with the most difficult, anything goes dances reserved for that morning.

The cost of the weekend is just $40 in advance or $45 at the door on Saturday morning.  The host hotel is the Comfort Inn & Suites on Tower Drive (434-793-2000).  Mention the Southside Virginia Dance-a-Thon for their special rate of $85 + tax per night--includes breakfast.   To find out about preregistration, please call/email Cindy Jones with the Center--434-799-5216 or jon...@danvilleva.gov.  If you have any questions about the event itself, please email me.

SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA ALL-BEGINNER LINE DANCE WORKSHOP, Danville, VA--October 1, 2016
FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (
linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Come join instructors Sue Ann Ehmann & Bonnie Mathews and our dj, Marianna Timmons, for a fun-filled day of learning new beginner dancers.  Our annual fall workshop is geared towards dancers who are already familiar with line dance steps and terminology.   We teach dances ranging from ultra beginner to high beginner levels and generally have one improver level dance for you as well.  If you are a beginner dancer or an instructor, we hope you will come spend your day with us.

Location is the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street, Danville, VA 24541.  Registration is from 9:30 to 10:00.  Workshop is from 10 to 4 with a break for lunch.  Cost for the day is $20 in advance or $25 at the door.  The step book is included, but only guaranteed with preregistrations.  To do so, please contact Cindy Jones at Ballou.  Phone:  434-799-5216.   Email:  jon...@danvilleva.gov.

Hope to see you there!!

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.