World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 1/31 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

Carol Craven

Jan 31, 2018, 10:08:42 AM1/31/18
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.

Wednesday 1/31

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.  If you join on the World Line Dance Newsletter Google Group site, please choose "all mail" for delivery.  You will only get mail from me.

Do you want to scan the newsletter faster?  I always put the word, SUBJECT, before each post.  Just do a search for that word and you can skip from topic to topic quickly and read what you are interested in reading.  If you are on Facebook, be sure and join the World Line Dance Newsletter Group there to add your new dances and to have another place to share things BUT be sure and send me your posts also because many people don't want to be on social media.

******************************'

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

NOTE FROM ME:  I’m repeating some things from yesterday because there are events starting really soon with deadlines looming.  Be sure and get your registrations it so you don't forget!

*******************************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas Park  Jan.30th & two Birthdays Last Night

    WE had a really good class with last night with new people who will be regulars and visitors and returning snowbirds we haven't seen in awhile and are always happy to have with us again.  We celebrated Diane Poole's birthday and Meredith Justice's with lots of food and cake and just having fun together.  Diane will be having surgery on her back next Wednesday so keep her in your thoughts and prayers to get her back dancing again!

Last night Lynda taught MY HEART IS IN HAVANA, by Bradley Mather,  and she did a great job.  Almost everyone stayed for the whole dance and we will be reviewing it for the next few weeks.  Love this dance.

Liz taught Story by Maddison Glover.  This is a nice improver-type dance to country music and everyone liked it.

Ann Reviewed Eyes for You by Jo Thompson and Sweet Caroline and everyone likes these easy little dances, too.

Sheri reviewed Hurts Like a Cha Cha and we all like doing this one.

HERE IS THE PLAYLIST FROM LAST NIGHT.

Playlist 1-30

Yeah

Gypsy

Lonely Drum

Eyes For You ..Rev...Ann...7:01

Eyes For You

Blessed

Champagne Promise

Sweet Caroline...Rev...Ann...7:15

Sweet Caroline

Lipstick Tango

White Summer Dress

Hurts Like A Cha Cha...Rev....Sheri

Hurts Like A Cha

Story...Teach...Liz...8:05

Story

Cake....8:15

Everybody's Groovin

My Heat Is In Havana...Teach...Lynda..8:45

My Heart Is In Havana

Beautiful Wonderful

Electric Love

Boots

Love Remains

Lady In Red

Strip That Down

Lady In Red

We will be doing reviews and are lining up new ones for the weeks ahead so come join us on Tuesdays.  Some of our class is going to Big Bang this weekend so we're looking forward to what they will bring back.  I'll post the playlist from last night when I get it.  Thanks, everyone, for bringing food to share and for sharing your teaching talents with all of us.

Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00

Studio location:

Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Ave

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com

Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com

**************************************

SUBJECT:  I NEED SOME VOLUNTEERS TO KEEP TRACK OF DANCES AT BIG BANG DANCE CLASSIC.  ANY VOLUNTEERS?

FROM: Stacy J Garcia, Stacy...@gmail.comhttp://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event-playlists.html

I need some volunteers to do playlist in the MAIN & BEGINNER ballrooms at BIG BANG DANCE CLASSIC event (and if any of the DJs keep a list, perhaps you could send it to me to be posted on the site).

I will send you a list so you can check off most of them and just add the ones not included.

Thank you.

Stacy J Garcia

stacy...@gmail.com

World Line Dance Newsletter Website

www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

**********************************

SUBJECT: 2018 PALM SPRINGS WINTER BREAK Main Ballroom Playlist!

FROM: Stacy J Garcia, Stacy...@gmail.comhttp://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event-playlists.html

Many thanks to Christopher Gonzalez for providing the playlist of the open dances in the Main Ballroom!!!

Here are the DIRECT links to the 2018 PALM SPRINGS WINTER BREAK Main Ballroom playlist on JPG:

THURSDAY: http://www.goo.gl/r8d9JM

FRIDAY: http://www.goo.gl/11bqhN

SATURDAY: http://www.goo.gl/bsotfv

**NOTE: If you have a playlist from an event OR if you would like to volunteer in the Event Playlist, please contact Stacy atStacy...@gmail.com.

***************************

Subject: The Big Bang Dance Classic

From: Empire Dance Productions (Will Craig)

STARTS THIS THURSDAY :)  TOMORROW!

Haven't registered yet?  No  problem, you can register onsite.

'FCBR'U'ARY
2018
одпсд czzsszc
C[taybttg МС

Pre Party: Once again we are having our EPIC pre-party.  As usual, we expect another great turn out and lots of fun. The ONLY official Pre party will be at Coyote Joe's on Wednesday,  January 31st.  The club is only 5 miles away from the hotel.

Hotel Rooms:  There are still a few rooms available at The Crowne Plaza Hotel, at the event rate of $117 a night.   For reservations, please call the hotel at (704) 527-9650 and be sure to mention the Big Bang Dance Classic.  This hotel offers a free airport shuttle and onsite parking

Workshops:

ALL workshops (over 60 hours) will begin Friday morning, and are included in your weekend or daily passes. Thursday Night will have a kick off open dance party.

Instructors:

Shane McKeever

Scott Blevins

Amy Glass

Joey Warren

John Robinson

Larry Bass

Kayla Cosgrove

Brandon Zahorsky

Dustin Betts

Bill Bragg

Dancin' Dean

Darcie DeAngelis

Steve Lescarbeau

Bryan McWherter

Rosie Multari

Maurice Rowe

Dancin' Terry

***Don't Forget as always our very special SECRET INTERNATIONAL INSTRUCTOR**

DJ's:

Wildman Louis St George and JP Potter - Main Ballroom DJ

Larry Bass and Kelly Cavallaro - Beginner room DJ.

Travel:

For those traveling to the event, the closest airport is Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT). A free shuttle will be provided from the airport to the hotel. The event will start on Thursday evening and the last workshop is scheduled from 2:00-3:00pm on Sunday.

For more information regarding the Big Bang Dance Classic, please visit the web site at Empiredance.us

Will Craig

Empiredance.us

Empir...@aol.com

Jennifer Cameron

JC Dance Productions, Inc.

(954) 444-6980

www.JCDanceProductions.com

******************************

Subject: The Line Dance Marathon

From: Scott Blevins

Tomorrow, February 1st IS THE DEADLINE for the VIP All Access Pass.

If you want to take advantage of this money-saving pass that includes more than 90 workshops, evening dances, priority show seating, farewell dance and pizza party, T-shirt and dance book... be sure to get your registration in the mail by today!

All other passes are due by May 1st to get the discount pricing.

The Line Dance Marathon is being held May 31-June 3, 2018.  Go to www.thelinedancemarathon.com to print your registration form and to reserve your room.

See you at the Marathon,

Scott Blevins and Jean Garr

The 2018 Line Dance Marathon All Star Team
DARREN BAILEY USA - MADDISON GLOVER AUS - NIELS POULSEN DEN
GEMMA RIDYARD ENG MEGAN WHEELER USA - FRED WHITEHOUSE IRE
RETURNING
SCOTT BLEVINS USA. KAYLA COSGROVE USA - WILL CRAIG USA
DARCIE DeANGELlS USA CODY FLOWERS USA AMY GLASS USA
RONA KAYE USA - RUBEN LUNA USA - LYNNE MARTINO USA
BONNIE MATHEWS USA LINDA McCORMACK SCOT
SHANE McKEEVER IRE - ROSIE MULTARI USA - GARY O'REILLY IRE
DEBI PANCOAST USA - HANA RIES USA BRENNA STITH USA
CHRISTA THOMAS u.SA LESLIE THOMPSON
JOEY WARREN JOHNNY 2-STEP ENG
And Our World Class Masters of Music
Main Ballroom DI's
Bracken Ellis JP Potter
Sound/Show Soundtrack Technician
Beginner Ballroom DI
Mary Kaye Johnson
Louis St. George
All Request Ballroom DI
Hal Payne
THE I&NE DaNCE MaRaTHON
You
HatTÉR'S
www.thelinedancemarathon.com

See you at the Marathon,

Scott Blevins and Jean Garr

*******************************

SUBJECT:  ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

30 January 2018  Edition

www.atlantadanceweekly.com

PLEASE send any future items to: atlantada...@gmail.com    THANKS

Subject:  Becoming a Better Dancer For Life

From:  Debra Cleckler – de...@cleckler.com

Dance technique classes are a dancer’s best friend.  They present techniques that allow you to execute dance movements and patterns safely and with style.  Counts, foot positions, body alignment, safe body mechanics, etc. are introduced for each dance movement taught, with hands on opportunities to practice during class time.  Using safe body mechanics will help you be able to dance forever since it saves your joints from years of abuse.  NTA teaches these kinds of workshops.  Each workshop last about two hours.  NTA uses the progressive learning process starting from the ground up.  There is even a workshop on music for dancers which teaches how to understand the phrasing of a song, what makes a tag or restart necessary and much more!

You don’t have to be a member of NTA to take the training.  But there are many benefits of being a member.  Discounted music license, dance manuals and standardized dance terminology, very informative newsletters, and if you want or need it, NTA can provide a certificate of accreditation for each level tested and passed.  If you are a teacher this is a great asset to your resume’.

For more information go to the NTA website, www.ntadance.com.  Here you will find free dance information and study guides.  If you would like to schedule a NTA workshop in your area contact Debra at de...@clekler.com or one of the other testers listed in the website.

************************************

Machine generated alternative text:
VLDW 2018
Vancouver BC Line Dance Workshop
Date: May 18, 19 & 20, 2018 (Fri. sat. sun)
Venue: Fraserview Chuch, 11295 Mellis Drive, Richmond, B.C. Canada
Raymond Sarlemijn
Roy Verdonk
Two Large Halls for Classes (One dedicated to beginners only)
Friday - Registration at noon I Afternoon Classes I Party at night (Request welcome)
Saturday - Morning and afternoon classes I Party at night (Request welcome)
Sunday - Afternoon classes
Costs Early Bird: $120 CAD or $100 USD
$140 CAD or $120 USD (After August 31, 2017)
Suggested Hotels nearby: Accent Inn I Holiday Inn I Sandman Signature
Contacts: Regina Chen - 604.307.5810 flowerlady888@hotmail.com
Helen Wu - 604.318.1333 helenwu005@gmail.com
Sponsors: Jetsen Design Consultants & Construction Co. Ltd.
Pink Pearl Seafood Restaurant, ÄR.C.C.S., Duffin's Donuts, Grand Spa Lisa Ho,
Dancing Stars Group, Fu-Ding Co. Ltd. Jean Chu, Jackie Ing, Andrew Chan,
Angela Lam, Cecil Fung, Stephen Ng, Vivian Lau.

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:

SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

Stacy Garcia is the webmaster and keeps these lists current BUT ONLY WITH YOUR HELP.  Please make changes/corrections/additions using these forms:

TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal

https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.

Carol Craven