World Line Dance Newsletter Thursday 6/30 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

已查看 34 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

TKA...@aol.com

未读,
2016年6月30日 09:14:312016/6/30
收件人 world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Thursday June 30  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

SUBJECT:  Dances taught At Celebrate Dance! Toronto 2016
FROM:  Vivienne Scott

Here are the dances taught at CD! 2016.  I’ve included the level of the dance as I hope that will be helpful for instructors out there.  Have fun!    Vivienne

Dances Taught in alphabetical order of instructor and written by the instructor unless otherwise noted:

Fred Buckley:
Friends of Ours (Beg) (with Scott) /  Someone Feels Like A Fool (Beg) (Weisburd)  /  Do It In Heels (B/I) (Holley)  / Live & Learn (B/I) (Argyle)

Fred Whitehouse:
Young & Stupid (Int) (with Belloque Vane)  /  Carry You Home (Int) / Easy Love (Beg) (Lopez)  /  Fine By Me (Adv)  /  The Waiting Game (Int)  /  Work From Home (Adv) (with Mundy, Hadisbroto)  /  Lonely Green Eyes (Beg)

(with Bailey)

Gerard Murphy:
Only You (Int)  /  What A Rush (B/I) / Halifax Jig (Int) (MacDonald)  /  Try Everything (Int)  /  Empty Pockets (Beg) ( Burton & Barr)  /  Rolling Rhythm (Beg) *Burton)

Guyton Mundy:
What A Rush (B/I) (De Angelis)  / Work From Home (Adv) (with Hadisbroto & Whitehouse)  /  Work Song (Adv) (Wallman, Hadisbroto, Whitehouse) / Fragile (Adv) (with Whitehouse, Madge)  /  More Dessert (Int) (withWallman)

Jill Babinec:
Missing You (Int) (with Christian & Pancoast) / How I Want Ya (Adv) (Warren & McEnaney-White)  /  Englishman in New York (Int) (Sarlemijn, Bailey)  /  She’s Crazy (Int) (With Steele)

John Robinson:
Levels  (Int) (Craig) /  Bring Me Sunshine (Beg) (Spencer)  /  Hot Tamales Jr. (B/I) (with Szymanski)  /  EX Bomp (Beg)  /  Best Of The Little Things (Beg)  /  Worldwide (Int) (Cosgrove)  /  Shatter Like Glass (Int) (Tobias)

Jose Miguel Belloque Vane:
Digital Age (with Trepat & Verdonk)  /  Throwback (I/A) / Be Happy Now (Beg) (Verdonk & Holtland)  /  Pay My Rent (Int) / All I Know (I/A) (with Verdonk & Holtland)  /  So Just Dance Dance Dance! (B/I) with Richard)  / Pay My

Rent (Int) (with Holtland, Verdonk)

Judy McDonald:
Strip It Down (Int) (McEnaney-White) / Pulse (B/I)

Lorenzo Evans:
You’re So Beautiful (Int)  /  Soul Food (Adv)  /  No Better Love (Int) (with Luna & Martino)  /  Full Circle Line Dance (Beg) (Woodhouse)  /  Greedy (Beg)  /  Busta Slide (Beg) (Unknown)

Tina Foster:
Smells Like Trouble to Me (Beg) (Trace) / DIBS (Beg) (Willis & Schrank)  /  The Fighter (Int) (Poulsen, Sarlemijn, Verdonk)

Vivienne Scott:

If I Was U (Beg) (Fitzgerald & Harris)  /  Left In The Dark (Beg)  /  Send Her My Love (Int)  /  Solo Amor (Easy Int)  (with Fowler, Madge, Buckley)

***********************************
SUBJECT:  DANCE CLASSES
FROM:
theups...@yahoo.com

We would like for you to please post our event in your newsletter please, we do a urban line dance class every 1st and 3rd Friday of the Month, july25 2016, aug. 5th and 19th is our next one our email address is

Roberthappyf...@rahsuccess.com  the name of our event is Happyfeet Smooth Steppin Class, our location is, Bakersfield, Ca. we do Urban line dancing

If you need any more information please email me.

Thanks,

Robert
********************************
Subject: Dance Hall 360
From:
belgium...@sbcglobal.net
A short note on the upcoming events at the Dance Hall 360

Sat.Jul 2 @ 7:00 pm – Jul 3 @ 12:00 am
7:00 pm West Coast Swing Grand Opening @ Dance Hall 360

Dance Hall 360 is geared up for a Grand Opening to the West Coast Swing community! Doors open at 7pm with lessons at 7:30 with Angelique Early. DJ Josh Albert takes the helm at 8:30 keeping the dance floor hot for open dance all night. Cover: $12

Wed Jul 6 @ 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
6:00 pm Line Dancing @ Dance Hall 360

Multi-level line dancing classes covering several genres and styles. Instructors and DJs vary with Aric Lemieux, Bill Belejack, Sheryl Martin and Robert Delong. Beginner’s Hour 6-7 with simple lessons. Social level lesson start at 7pm with open dance to follow. Cover is $7 for the whole night.

 Mon Jul 11 @ 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm
7:30 pm West Coast Swing @ Dance Hall 360

West Coast Swing dance lessons start at 7:30pm at a Beginner Level. 8:30 lessons are more challenging. Dance Instructors rotate with Kristen Shaw, Angelique Early and Kim Brolet DJs are Angelique Early, Josh Albert and Aric Lemieux Cover is $10 with lessons, $8 dance only.

Wed.Jul 13 @ 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
6:00 pm Line Dancing @ Dance Hall 360

Beginner’s Hour 6-7 with simple lessons. Social level lesson start at 7pm with open dance to follow. Cover is $7 for the whole night.

Dance Hall 360
Driving Address:
15 Hultenius St
Plainville, CT 06062
Mailing Address:
123 Whiting St, Unit D
Plainville, CT 06062
SUBJECT: Dance with Matt ("Where The Heck Is Matt") Harding
FROM: Lisa McCammon

Matt will be filming a dance segment in Orlando on Saturday, July 2nd at Lake Eola Park (I'm assuming rain or shine). Details in his email, which I've past?ed below. I love watching his videos, which I think demonstrate the joy of dance across all cultures. I have no idea how it will work or how long it will take; I would guess that if he starts close to the 11:00am target, it might take half an hour--if you've seen his videos (just search for Where The Heck Is Matt on YouTube), you know that it's not about the choreography, lol. It would be a fun thing to do if you have company, especially kids, over the holiday weekend. Even if it takes an hour, there's still plenty of time to do other activities the rest of the day. In fact, Lake Eola Park is inot far from the Beardall Center. So after the video you can run over to do some REAL dancing with Lindy Bowers on a REAL floor with REAL air conditioning.--

I'm dancing in Orlando, Florida on Saturday, July 2nd for the new "Where the Heck is Matt?" video. The meet-up is on the grassy peninsula in the northeast corner of Lake Eola Park at 11am. I'm inviting people all over Florida. I know it's a long drive for many of you. You're welcome to bring friends and family. I've been asked if it would be okay to wear Pride colors or bring a Pride flag, and the answer is OF COURSE!

I don't know which shots will make it into the next big dancing video, but I'll be uploading all the clips to YouTube in separate small videos, and there will be a supercut that includes everything I don't put in the main video. But whether your segment makes it in or not, it's still a fun way to spend a Saturday morning. Come out and have a good time.

When we're done, I'll stick around so I can say hello and dance one-on-one with everyone who attends. If you want to dance with me and take a picture or video of your own, just ask.

I could use a volunteer cameraperson to film for me. No real experience required. You’ll need to know your way around an iPhone and be available for about an hour after our start time, but that’s about it. I’ll hand you my phone and a tripod and give you a quick briefing. If you have a small stepladder you can bring with you to film from a few feet up, that would be helpful.

I look forward to dancing with you soon! --Matt
Subject:     Scott Blevins Semi-Annual Workshop:  Summer BBQ                      Dance Party With The Outer Rim in New Jersey                                  on Saturday, July 9, 2016

From:         Rona Kaye, New York City

Dear friends...

I am pleased to announce that the one and only, Scott Blevins, will be returning for The Outer Rim's Summer BBQ here in New Jersey on Saturday, July 9, 2016.  This will be our 9th Summer celebration with Scott!

This event will commence at 3 PM and end at 11PM.  Scott will be teaching three dances.  For your eating pleasure, there will be a Barbecue buffet dinner prepared by our very own "Chef Mike", along with snacks throughout the day and evening..  Following the meal will be a full evening of dancing, including reviews of the three lessons.

The cost of the workshop, including the lessons, dinner and evening dance is $60.  Please make your reservations NOW as space is LIMITED.   You can contact Jane Blumat jb4...@yahoo.com for all detailed information and to secure your place on the dance floor.

This is The Outer Rim's 10th year anniversary...we want to thank Scott for being a part of our progressive line dance family here in NJ/NY since January, 2008!

We will look forward to seeing you with us at this very special line dance event!
Rona Kaye
New York City
*********************************
Subject:  Nickel City Line Dance Classic
Contact:  Carol Larocque

                dancinfee...@gmail.com

Just a reminder that the early bird deadline date of July 1st, 2016 is fast approaching.

Nickel City Line Dance Classic – 7th Annual – Saturday, September 24, 2016

The Nickel City Line Dance Classic takes place on Saturday, September 24, 2016 in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.  Venue is the Polish Combatant Hall with a beautiful hardwood floor!  Address for the venue is on the registration form.  Check-in registration takes place at 8:30 a.m.  Teaching begins at 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a break for lunch and dinner.  Dinner is on your own.  The evening will be all open dancing from the requests you have submitted.

Our guest instructors this year will be Zandra McCallum from Burlington, and Bobby Chong from Toronto.  Get prepared to be entertained!  And of course, our event directors will be instructing as  well.

Early bird registration deadline is July 1, 2016, with a price of $40.00 for the day, which includes lunch and evening dance.  Step sheet booklets must be pre-ordered by August 15, 2016.  Registrations received from July 2, 2016 to September 12, 2016 will cost $50.00 (including lunch and evening dance).   Registrations after September 12, 2016 or received at the door will be $50 with no guarantee of lunch, but does include evening dance.

The bar will be open for the evening dance for those wanting to partake of alcoholic beverages.

Once your registration has been received, you will receive confirmation via email.  By separate email, Colette Proulx will ask for your requests for Open dances.  To ensure you have at least one or two of your favourite dances on the list, please respond to Colette.

Recommended hotels are listed with the registration forms.  Please use the booking code provided so we can continue to get a good price for your hotel stay!

For further information contact:
Colette Proulx (705) 969-4071
colette...@gmail.comwww.dancing2thebeat.ca

or

Carol Larocque (705) 525-0448
dancinfee...@gmail.comwww.dancinfeetinmotion.ca

Event Directors – Colette Proulx, Marthe Thibeault, “Pete” Vincent-Schroeder, Carol Larocque

Questions or notes please send to TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.
The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine.  Please be tactful. I do not endorse or guarantee any offers.or anything exchanged for money.
PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by 6 pm EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.
HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:
Please TYPE in:
SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things.. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help.

ADD YOUR EVENTS WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/wtd/usa.html or choose your country's form.
If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you can mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to my paypal account at tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com
回复全部
回复作者