World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 10/11 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

TKA...@aol.com

Oct 11, 2017, 10:17:26 AM10/11/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.

Tuesday 10/10

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

SUBJECT:  TUESDAY HIGH BEGINNER TO INT-ADV LINE DANCE CLASS IN PINELLAS, FLA LAST NIGHT

We had a fun class last night and danced/reviewed a bunch.    It was nice to have Nanette there from Canada to dance with us tonight.  Some of us are going to Rachael's workshop on Saturday so hope to see some of you there!

Teach:

Helium by Will Craig, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/helium-ID117145.aspx taught by Lynda.  We had been wanting to learn this for awhile and Lynda did a great job making us be "dramatic."  LOL

Yeah! by Michael Barr, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/yeah-ID116040.aspxtaught by MaryAnn.  Another one that has been out for awhile and Mary Ann had us all doing it quickly.   If you are looking for this on Copperknob, you need to put in the ! After the name or it doesn't show up.  You can also find it by typing Michael Barr in the search box.

We danced Tuesday 10-10-17

Lonely Drum

Shady

Slowly Gently Softly

Gypsy Queen

Bored

7:00

Babylon – teach – Liz

Clap Snap

7:10

The Fighter –teach – Lynda

Strip that down

7:20

Yeah – teach – Mary Ann

Yeah

11:59

7:40

The Dancing Tree – teach – Lynda

Change my Ways

7:55

Everybody’s Groovin – teach – Carol

Holy

8:15

Give Me The Beat – teach – Jai

So Just Dance Dance Dance

8:40

Helium – teach – Lynda

Helium

Tic Tic Boom

9:10

My Reason – teach – Liz

My Reason

Woo Woo

Our Class is a nonprofit class where anyone that wants to teach but we are all just there to dance!

Thanks for all you support we continue to get class after class and year after year!

Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00 until 10:00

Studio Location:

The Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Av.

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole bpo...@tampabay.rr.com

Carol Craven tka...@aol.com

****************************

SUBJECT:   LOTS OF VIDEOS FROM WINDY CITY SHARED BY  CHRISTOPHER GONZALEZ

FROM:  ME (Thanks, Christopher)

Windy City Line Dance Mania 2017

Video web content titled: Windy City Line Dance Mania 2017

Video web content titled: Kissing Strangers line dance @ Windy City Line Dance Mania; 7 October 2017

2017 Windy City videos provided by Jessie Chan

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQukjlUAt0b9P9ZaH97SqzMloGXAvEEIe

(sent by Stacy)

******************************

Kellie Christine Photography

Head over to the link below for pictures from Windy City 2017! You can order all of your photos from here. I will be posting more pictures as they are finished. It was another amazing year at the event

:)#KellieChristinePhotography #WCLDM17

http://www.kelliechristine.com/Windy-City-2017

********************************

SUBJECT:   Sold Out Weekend but you can be added to waiting list

Strictly-13-flier.jpg (1200×1658)

**************************************

SUBJECT: PALM SPRINGS WINTER BREAK 2018

FROM: MICHAEL BARR & MICHELE BURTON

We would like to take this opportunity to update everyone on our Palm Springs Winter Break event being held January 25-28, 2018

Come enjoy a fabulous dance weekend in Palm Springs with Darren BaileyAmy BaileyRuben LunaMichael BarrChristopher Gonzalez, Paul and Karla Paul Dornstedt,  Lou Ann SchemmelAnna Maria PrachMichele Burton, and DJ Jp Potter.

Registrations are going well and our first room block is sold out. Please don’t wait too long to register and reserve a room in the new block.

Updates:

1. New room block just added. $99 & $109 rooms available. Don’t delay as there are only about 15 added. Also, rooms are available until Dec. 24th at the discounted price. Ask for PS Winter Break 2017.

2. November 2nd the event price will go up by $10.

3. Registration and flyer link: http://www.michaelandmichele.com/p-s-winter-break

Take advantage of early bird registration until the end of October. Registration forms are on the website,

http://www.michaelandmichele.com/p-s-winter-break

Palm Springs offers great dining, hiking, golf, shopping, and weather. Sounds like a good winter getaway.

😎

🌵

🌴

Welcome dance party and street faire Thursday evening.

Friday and Saturday - Improver to High Intermediate dances being taught. Evening dances on both nights.

Unique to PS Winter Break is an all day Sunday workshop with High Beginner to Easy Intermediate level dances being taught. Closing dance party 4-6 pm.

Thanks to all who have already registered and reserved rooms.

More updates to follow!

Event Directors: Michele Burton & Michael Barr

DJ: JP Potter

Dates: January 25th - 28th

Where: Palm Springs CA

Venue: The Pavilion - 401 South Pavilion Way, Palm Springs CA

Host Hotel: Baymont Inn & Suites; 760-758-3699. Ask for PS 2018 room rate

Air (if flying in): Ontario International or Palm Springs International. Check them both out.

Event: Doors open Thursday Jan. 25th at 5:30 pm to pick up your packets with a welcome dance to follow at 7:30 to Midnight

           Workshops begin Friday and Saturday morning from 9 to 5 both days. Levels: Improver to High Intermediate

           Dances on both nights are also from 7:30 to midnight. Saturday theme is Light Up My Dance Life

           Workshops on Sunday Jan. 28th run from 9 to 4pm and ends with a 2 hour dance before heading home. Levels: High Beginner to Easy Intermediate

Take care and we do hope to see you there,

Michael & Michele

mbur...@gmail.com

michael...@gmail.com

List of * our events and/or attending:

Windy City Line Dance Mania

Oct. 5-8, 2017

http://countryedge.com/Events/WindyCityLineDanceMania/WindyCityLinedancemania.htm

Country Dance Worlds Championships

San Francisco, CA

Dec. 31 to Jan. 7, 2018

http://www.ucwdcworlds.com/index.php/line-dance-program

* Palm Springs Winter Break

January 25-28, 2018

www.michaelandmichele.com

* Boogie Til The Cows Come Home

March 24, 2018

Corning, Ca

www.michaelandmichele.com

Schedule Link for Event Calendar:

http://www.michaelandmichele.com/event-schedule-1

*******************************

SUBJECT: Kickit Top 10 Lists for October 10, 2017

FROM: rpro...@aol.com

All Kickit visitors who register (it's free!!) are invited to participate in ongoing surveys.

The Top 10 results for each survey are shown here. (Due to ties, lists may show more than 10 dances.)

------------------------

Most Known

------------------------

1. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson

2. "Tush Push" by Engel & Ferrazzano

3. "Electric Slide" by Unknown & Unknown & ...

4. "Cruisin'" by Hale

5. "Wave On Wave" by Birchall

6. "Watermelon Crawl" by Lipscomb

7. "Chill Factor" by Westhead & Whittaker

8. "Dizzy" by Thompson

9. "Waltz Across Texas" by Nielson & Nielson & ...

10. "Bosa Nova" by Dennington

------------------------

Favorite

------------------------

1. "Chill Factor" by Westhead & Whittaker

2. "Bosa Nova" by Dennington

3. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson

4. "Dizzy" by Thompson

5. "Bomshel Stomp" by Hedges & Marshall

6. "Rio" by Lowery

7. "Zjozzys Funk" by Van de Velde

8. "Caught In The Act" by Wood

9. "Toes" by McEnaney

10. "Heart Of An Angel" by Brown

------------------------

Most Taught

------------------------

1. "Lonely Drum" by Mitchell

2. "Drive Of Shame" by Weiss

3. "The Majestic" by Trace

4. "Million Dreams" by Weiss

5. "I Need An Alibi" by Scott

6. "Swingin' Thing" by Thompson & Thompson

7. "Move" by Scott

8. "Pretty Girls" by Scott

9. "Your Heaven!" by Poulsen

10. "I Must Be Dreaming" by Morris

11. "Swango" by Weiss

12. "Taking My Time" by Argyle

13. "Taking Care Of You" by Vos

14. "Slow Hands" by Vane

15. "Teenage Dreams" by Fowler & O'Malley

16. "I Be U Be" by Schneider

17. "It's Working" by Morrison

18. "Ring On Your Finger" by Trace

19. "True Believers" by Seurer

20. "Country Walkin'" by Desarro

------------------------

Most Danced

------------------------

1. "Lonely Drum" by Mitchell

2. "Time To Surrender" by Ward & McEnaney-White

3. "Champagne Promise" by Argyle

4. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson

5. "Teenage Dreams" by Fowler & O'Malley

6. "First Thing First" by Wallman & Hökdahl

7. "White Summer Dress" by Trepat & Yoon

8. "Gypsy Queen" by Pace

9. "Against All Odds" by Ward

10. "Slow Hands" by Vane

11. "Somebody Wants You!" by Trepat & Fitzgerald & ...

12. "I Am Your Man!" by Whitehouse & Poulsen

13. "East To West 17" by Ward & Johnstone

14. "ABBA Does" by Tripp

15. "You Better Believe" by Gallagher & O'Reilly

16. "My New Life" by Offermans

17. "Until The Dawn" by Lafferty

*****************************

SUBJECT:  ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

10 October 2017 Edition

www.atlantadanceweekly.com

PLEASE send any future items to: atlantada...@gmail.com    THANKS

****************************

Subject: Southern National Dance Workshop and Competition

Where: Boardwalk Beach Resort

Panama City Beach, Florida

When: October 20-22

www.southernnationaldance.com

Event Directors: Sue Boyd and Todd Longsworth

Southern National Dance Competition

Hi! Just a few last minute notes to you all who are coming to the Southern National (or still have time to join us!). Please note that the cutoff date for all UCWDC competitions will be Thursday, October 12.  Make sure you get everything in on time!  Please check our competitors list and let Paul know of any corrections by calling 908-834-1180.

CLICK FOR A LIST OF COMPETITORS

The weather in October is usually beautiful -  might want to bring a light jacket for the evenings.  Also you might want to pack some snacks for in the room.  There is a lunch snack bar in the hotel and a restaurant for evening meals. There is also a neat little place just a short walk down the beach.

For our Sunset Beach party, we will have bag lunches for all of you and water.  If you want something else to drink, please bring it but remember no glass containers are allowed on the beach.  Might also want to throw in a beach blanket to sit on.  Our party Guru is Mike Spencer and he always has fun stuff planned!  We have volleyball, music, and a costume contest.  Be as daring as you want with 1950"s beachwear!

Pro Am Int, Adv, and Pro Pro will be dancing Friday afternoon followed by our Sunset Party.  Masters' Flights, Div I, Crown and Rising Stars line will dance Friday night followed by open dance.

The line dance room will be open all afternoon and into the evening.  Saturday morning is Newcomer; Saturday afternoon is novice followed by Pro Am swing and hustle. Again line dance all day!

Masters show dances and all of Master Showcase and the show itself will be Saturday evening followed by J&J.  Sunday morning we will interleave all lower division couples, line and teams.

Workshops are offered all through the weekend from our top instructors including the Masters.  Todd and I can't wait for you to join us!  Dancing and the beach can't be beat!

See you soon - Sue Boyd

Join us at the Boardwalk Hotel, Panama City Beach, FL.

October 20-22, 2017

VISIT WEBSITE

SIGN UP NOW

Hotel

Thanks for all your support these past many years. We look forward to seeing you all at the beach in 2017.

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven