World Line Dance Newsletter Sunday 5/7 PLEASE VOTE TODAY!

TKA...@aol.com

May 7, 2017, 8:12:13 AM5/7/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Sunday 5/7  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE TODAY!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

SUBJECT:  I NEED SOME VOLUNTEERS TO KEEP TRACK OF DANCES AT THE LINE DANCE MARATHON.  ANY VOLUNTEERS?

FROM: Stacy J Garcia, Stacy...@gmail.com , www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

I need some volunteers to do playlist in the MAIN ballroom and the BEGINNER ballroom at THE LINE DANCE MARATHON event (and if any of the DJs keep a list, perhaps you could send it to me to be posted on the site).

I will send you a list so you can check off most of them and just add the ones not included.

Thank you.

***********************

NOTE FROM ME:  I'll be posting some of the videos from Mayworth in Australia as they start to be  posted.  Jessie Chan will probably be sharing on her page on Youtube so I'll let you know when I see them being published.  Here is the first one I saw.  Cute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjk7cgn9kyU

CLAP SNAP by Philip Sobrielo & Rebecca Lee

*******************************

TIP FROM ME:  You know all those hotel keys you forget to leave or turn in?  They are great for cleaning up stuff around the house.  You can scrape up candle wax, get around the corners of baking pans with burned-on residue, or small places when you are cleaning windows, etc.  Don't throw them away.   I even have one in the car to scrape off stuff that gets stuck on the windshield.

*****************************

SUBJECT: Dance News From Orlando, FL USA

PARTY WEEKEND WITH GARY O'REILLY & JOEY WARREN

FROM: Sandy Albano

email: sandy.albano@gmail.com

website: www.spreadyourwingsanddance.com

We are very pleased to invite you to join us for a fabulous and fun weekend with two of our favorite line dance guys, Gary O'Reilly from Ireland and Joey Warren from West Virginia!  The event weekend will be Friday and Saturday, May 19 & 20, 2017. We hope you are free to come and play!

I have recently published the GARY & JOEY WEEKEND EVENT PAGE on our website.  This page is now open to the public.  More event information, tickets and driving directions are available here. The easiest way to register and pay is via PayPal.  Links for that are on the Event web page.  I have also added a paper registration form if you prefer to pay by check.

On Friday night we will have a Bonus private Dance Party for our registered event guests at our beautiful location at the Woman’s Club in Casselberry.  The cost for the Friday night party is only $10.  Space is somewhat limited at this location so we can’t accept walk-ins.  We can only accept those who ALSO register for the Saturday event

On Saturday, during the day, the workshop with Gary & Joey will be held at the Whirl & Twirl Dance Club in Orlando.  Diane is organizing a hot, delicious luncheon from our favorite restaurant and we are sure you will enjoy that!  Each of the guys will teach 1 Improver dance and 2 Intermediate dances.  We will be asking for your requests and providing a playlist for social dance.  We are pleased to invite all our dancer friends who are Improver and up to join us for the fun!

On Saturday night, we will be bringing Gary & Joey to THE BARN in Sanford.  Janis has arranged the visit to The Barn and has graciously offered part of her teaching spot for Gary & Joey to each teach a dance between 8pm and 9pm.  The cost for all day and night on Saturday is $60.  Admission to the Barn on Saturday night is INCLUDED for all who register for the Saturday workshop.

If you think you will want to stay overnight and need a hotel for Friday or Saturday nights (or both), we have scouted some local hotels and have published on the Event page the names of hotels in our area that we believe would work.

More Later,

Sandy

Email: sandy....@gmail.com

Website: www.spreadyourwingsanddance.com

Join us for Mardi Gras! at the 2018 Dance Xperience in New Orleans!

**********************************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas

Park May 2nd  last night

We had a fun time last night at class but missed Joan and Vince. Vince is still in intensive care for a pulmonary embolism but he was doing okay when I talked with Joan.  They are doing lots of tests.  If you would like to send a card to Vince and Joan, let me know and I'll send you their address.  Get better soon, Vince. We miss you both!

Reviews/teaches for this week.  I'LL SEND YOU THE NEW ONE TOMORROW AFTER WE CONFIRM IT.

:

Run Me Like A River by Jo & John K., Guillame Richard, Roy Verdonk, &

Clap Clap Clap by Amy G taught by Liz this is a fun, fast dance that had us all Clap Clap Clapping (and some leaping).  I was not one of the leapers.  LOL

Cheryl reviewed Wants and Needs by Darren and Kevin.  This is another fun, peppy dance you should check out.  Lynda reviewed L.O.V.E.  And we did lots of dancing.   Someone wanted to review Whistle While You Work It but Joan taught that so we will wait for her to return to review it again.

Our Class is a nonprofit class where anyone that wants to teach but we are

all just there to dance!

Thanks for all you support we continue to get class after class and year

after year!

Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00 until 10:00

Studio Location:

The Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Av.

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole bpo...@tampabay.rr.com  7274398819

Carol Craven tka...@aol.com  8134179800

*********************************

Need help

Ginny...@aol.com

One of my dancers came up from Fl with this popular dance being done down there to the Scooter Lee Song Rock N Roll Waltz ( Not the dance we did several years ago) Anyone know the Name, Choreographer & if this is correct as she gave it to me? Any help appreciated Thanks Hugs Ginny  ginny...@aol.com

1-6 Waltz basic forward & back (Forward LRL Back RLR)

7-12 Waltz basic forward & back

13-18 1/2 turn L, waltz back RLR

19-21 step forward L sweep R touch

22-24 Step forward R, sweep L touch

25-30 Waltz basic forward & back (Forward LRL Back RLR)

31-36 Waltz basic forward & back

37-42 1/2 turn L, waltz back RLR

43-45 step L to L, step R behind L, recover L

46-48 step R to R, step L behind R, recover R

Start over

*******************************

Dances taught at Grrowler's (UK) week ending 09-May-2017

Grro...@btinternet.com

Beginners

101 (Peter Metelnick) - Boom Boom Boom - Vegaboys

101 (Peter Metelnick) - Wagon Wheel - Jeremy McComb

Ah Si! (Rita Masur) - Levantandos Las Manos - El Simbolo

Cowboy Charleston (Jeanette Hall & Tonya Miller) - Delores - Mavericks

Cowboy Charleston (Jeanette Hall & Tonya Miller) - Valerie - Mark Ronson ft Amy Winehouse

Electric Slide (Unknown) - I Like It I Love It - Tim McGraw

Flobie Slide (Flo Cook) - Ex's & Oh's - Elle King

Flobie Slide (Flo Cook) - I'm Holding On To Love - Shania Twain

San Antone (John & Janet Sandham) - Venus - Bananarama

Saturday Night Fever (Maggie Cadwel) - Staying Alive - N Trance

Skinny Genes (Pat & Lizzie Stott) - Skinny Genes - Eliza Doolittle

Texas Stomp (Ruth Elias) - Hero (Metro Mix) - Enrique Iglesias

Texas Stomp (Ruth Elias) - I'm From The Country - Tracy Byrd

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Beginners / Improvers

American Kids (Randy Pelletier) - American Kids - Kenny Chesney

D Light (Kate Sala) - Heaven Must Have Sent You - Elgins

Jamaica Mistaka (Peter Metelnick & Chrissie Hodgson) - Almost Jamaica - Bellamy Brothers

Live Laugh Love (Rob Fowler) - Live Laugh Love - Clay Walker

Sacred Trust (Craig Cooke) -Sacred Trust - One True Voice

The Last Living Cowboy (Leslie Clark) - The Last Living Cowboy

Vertical Expressions (T&V) - Vertical Expression - Bellamy Brothers

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Improvers

Blessed (Jackie Miranda) - Blessed - Elton John

Bored (Ria Vos) -  Bored To Death - Eric Hutchinson

Dans Le Tango (Pat Stott) - In Tango - In-Grid

Dig Your Heels (Maddison Glover) Here's To You & I - The McClymonts

Dizzy (Jo Thompson) - Dizzy - Scooter Lee

Just Wanna Drive (Sadiah Heggerness) - Drive - The Shires

Rock The House (Dan Morrison) - Rock the House - Kat DeLuna

Those Were The Days (Rob Fowler & Daniel Whittaker) - Those Were The Days - Hermes House Band

Tongue Tied Up (T&V) - Tongue Tied  - Earl

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Int / Adv

Move A Like (Ria Vos) - Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 ft Christina Aguilera

Funky Sole (RMH & KHW) - Old Time Rock & Roll - Bob Seger

Swing Your Chains (Dee Soares & Shaun Maguire) - Chains - Tina Arena

Tango With Me Darling (Rob F & Daniel W) - Tango - Michael Nantel

The Violin (Kate Sala) - The Violin Song - Monoir, Osaka, Brianna

For a full list of dances taught and danced socially at our classes over the recent months

Visit www.Grrowler.com

LUV & XXX's

John "Grrowler" Rowell - your dancin' DJ

Tel : +44(0)1723 - 364736

Email : Grro...@btinternet.com

Web: www.Grrowler.com

Facebook : John Grrowler Rowell

***********************************

SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA DANCE-A-THON (DANVILLE, VA) WITH DANCIN' DEAN JUNE 16-18, 2017

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Event director Harold Logan invites you to join him for the Southside Virginia Dance-a-thon.  The level for this event is intermediate and above dancers.  Dancin' Dean will be returning  and will join Bonnie Mathews and Brenna Stith for this event.  As always, our dj is the incomparable Mary Kaye Johnson. We promise you a relaxed, fun-filled two days and nights of new teaches, open dancing and socializing with friends.  Come join us for the  "Biggest Little Event"!!

The weekend begins with a Friday night "meet & greet" dance from 7 to 11 ($5).  This dance is all request--and I mean ALL REQUEST!!  You ask for it, Mary Kaye plays it.   Saturday and Sunday are at the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street in Danville.  Saturday begins with sign-in and registration at 9:30 with some dancing as well.  Classes start at 10 and end at 5, with an hour or so lunch break and open dancing in between teaches--again, all request.  Lots of restaurants in walking distance or bring your lunch.  If requested, Mary Kaye will put a playlist on during lunch so you can decide whether you want to dance or eat or do both!!   We break for dinner and come back at 7:00 for 4 more hours of open dancing and review (if that is  requested).  Sunday we come back from 9:30 to 1:30 with the most difficult, anything goes dances reserved for that morning.

The cost of the weekend is just $40 in advance or $45 at the door.  Saturday only is $25.  The host hotel is the Comfort Inn & Suites on Tower Drive (434-793-2000).  Mention the Southside Virginia Dance-a-Thon for their special rate of $75 + tax per night--includes breakfast.   To find out about preregistration, please call/email Cindy Jones with the Center--434-799-5216 or jon...@danvilleva.gov.  If you have any questions about the event itself, please email me.

************************************

Subject:  JOHN ROBINSON WORKSHOP, COLUMBUS, OH

From:  Roger Neff

This is the last week to register for the JOHN ROBINSON WORKSHOP in Columbus, OH on Saturday, May 13th, without paying a higher fee!  Just $35 for a full day of classes with John plus lots of open dancing.  Price includes lunch.  Registration forms are available from me (ling...@sbcglobal.net) or Anita Ebbert (anita...@gmail.com). Workshop will be held at the Martin Janis Center on the Ohio State Fairgrounds, 600 East 11th Avenue as part of the annual Creative Arts Week in Columbus.  Hope to see you there!

************************************

Ohio Summer Dance Classic

JUNE 10, 2017

Hello Line Dancers,

We are only 6 weeks away from this year’s Ohio Summer Dance Classic line dance workshop at Walsh University in North Canton, Ohio. Do not delay, get your registration in today.

Joining me will be our “Featured Instructors” are Michael Barr from California and Michael Diven from Pennsylvania. Our “Guest Instructors” include; Tina Foster from Cleveland and Donnie Allen from West Virginia.

This one-day line dance workshop begins at 10:00 in the morning, and runs until 5:00 pm. Dances taught will range from Beginner to Intermediate level. There will be something for every level of dancer. We also have an Evening Dance Party with our DJ Michael Diven from 7:00 pm until 10:30pm, which is included with your registration.

Early registration for the full day (including the evening dance) is $35.00. You may print out a registration form at my web site www.franktrace.com

Workshop Highlights: Learn New Line Dances (all levels), enjoy Open Dancing between lessons, Shop our various vendors including John Robinson’s J-Mart & Sansha Dance Shoes, participate in our 50/50 Raffle, Evening Dance Party and receive a Complementary Souvenir “Hand Fan”.

There will be a lunch break at 12:30 pm where you may bring your lunch or visit close by restaurants. We will also have a self-host dinner break where you may visit area restaurants.

Host Hotel for our out of town guests (or anyone wishing to stay closer to our event) will once again be the La Quinta Inn & Suites (5335 Broadmoor St., Canton, Ohio 44709) in the Belden Village shopping area. We have a very special rate of only $84.00 for a standard room, which includes breakfast. You must make your reservations before May 20th and mention the “Ohio Summer Dance Classic with Frank Trace” to receive your discounted room rate. Room availability is limited, so book your room today. Phone 330-492-0151

Pass this information on to your dance friends. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Warm Regards,

Frank Trace

frank...@gmail.com

www.franktrace.com

 ****************************

Subject: Palm Springs Winter Break 2018

From: Michael & Michele

 January 25 – 28 2018

Come to the desert and feel the warmth of January!!!

Our wonderful instructors:

Darren Bailey ~ Amy Glass ~ Michael Barr ~ Michele Burton ~ Paul & Karla Dornstedt's ~ Ruben Luna ~ Anna Marie Prach ~ Introducing Christopher Gonzalez

And featuring, direct of the OC, Lou Ann Schemmel

JP Potter - DJ

Dates: January 25-28, 2018

Place: Pam Springs California

Venue: The Pavilion, 401 S. Pavilion Way, Palm Springs, CA

Hotel: Baymont Inn and Suites, Palm Springs, CA (ask for PS2018 room block)

It all will kick off with a welcome dance on Thursday evening, January 25th.

The workshops will then start on Friday morning the 26th and run all day, with an evening dance after a good dinner break. This will all repeat on Saturday 27th.

Both days are geared to the improver to high intermediate dancers.

Sunday will see a program geared to levels from improver to ez-intermediate. This has become a tradition for a number of years now to just ease it up a little for the day, which has seen a great influx of dancers enjoying this relaxed day.

Then from 4pm to 6pm there will be a dance for those who are staying over or live close to Palm Springs.

Palm Springs is a great destination for not only line dancing but for so much more. The area is a great place for all kinds of shops, restaurants and did we mention the SUN is usually shining!!! The hiking nearby is wonderful allowing for a true desert experience whether a drive to Joshua Tree or a local hike up into Indian Canyons. Head over to the Thursday night street fare before the dance and see some wonderful local crafts and artwork.

We are very excited to be preparing for this event. We are especially happy that Darren Bailey will be returning to the US to share his talents, which are truly wonderful and professional. Welcome back Darren!!!

Online Registration / Flyer / Mail In Registration / Hotel Information (download)

http://www.michaelandmichele.com/p-s-winter-break

Come visit our site and get all the information:

www.michaelandmichele.com

See you on the dance floor soon,

Michael & Michele

michael...@gmail.com

mbur...@gmail.com

Wild Wild West

Sept. 3 & 4, 2017

Newark, CA

www.michaelandmichele.com

Palm Springs Winter Break

January 25-28, 2018

www.michaelandmichele.com

Boogie Til The Cows Come Home

March 24, 2018

Corning, Ca

www.michaelandmichele.com

Upcoming Events: 2017

Dancing For The Dream April 27th, Rocklin, CA

M&M Workshop w/ Norm Gifford, April 30th, Rancho Cordova, CA

Richardson Jamboree, April 21-22, Richardson Tx

Smoky Mountain Shindig, May 19-21, Pigeon Forge Tn

Schedule Link for Event Calendar:

http://www.michaelandmichele.com/event-schedule-1

--

Take care,

Michael

Note: please use my new email

michael...@gmail.com

Boogie Til The Cows Come Home

March 18, 2017

Upcoming Events:

Big “D” Bash, Feb. 16-19, Dallas TX

Bootscooters Camp, Feb. 23-26, Myrtle Beach SC

Richardson Jamboree, April 21-22, Richardson Tx

Smoky Mountain Shindig, May 19-21, Pigeon Forge Tn

Schedule Link for Event Calendar:

http://www.michaelandmichele.com/event-schedule-1

***********************************

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven