World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 6/23 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Jun 23, 2017, 8:43:00 AM6/23/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

Friday 6/23

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

CONGRATULATIONS TO MR. AND MRS. DARREN BAILEY!  What a beautiful picture and what a gorgeous bride and handsome groom!  We all with you many happy and memorable years together.

************************

SUBJECT:  REMINDER:  USLDCC Competitors at FUN IN THE SUN.   Step sheets are due:  June 29th

*************************

SUBJECT:  UPDATED VEGAS LINE DANCE EXPLOSION BROCHURE AND REGISTRATION FORMS:

http://www.vegasdanceexplosion.com/

******************************

SUBJECT:  HIGH-BEG TO INTER-ADV SOCIAL THIS SUNDAY, JUNE 24TH, PINELLAS PARK

   Our next  Sunday Social is just a few days away and our Instructors are all set and listed below in no particular order of teaches but I will post the order Fri. We are still working on the schedule.

Lindy Bowers from Orlando teaching Friday At The Dance by Rob Fowler & Laura Sway

Debbie Carpenter from Bonita Springs teaching Straight To The Castle by Joey Warren

Nancy Delaney from Ft Myers teaching Tick Tick Boom by Debbie Rushton, Tim Johnson , Jean-Pierre Madge

Marilyn McNeal from Ocala teaching Taking Care Of You by Ria Vos

    Thanks to everyone that sent in requests and as of now we are not taking any more until that day!

       The Social is from 12-5 with plenty of snacks, water, tea, coffee, sodas and pizza later in the day! Please bring something to share if you like. The address is listed below

Time 12-5

$10.00

Studio location:

Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Ave

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com 727+439-8819

Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com   813+ 417-9800

***************************

Understanding the term "Novice"

bart...@comcast.net

Hi, Linda.

Great question and one that all dance teachers struggle with.

I teach all levels of line dancers. In my experience, Novice dancers have no knowledge of compound moves, such as coaster steps, jazz boxes, kickball changes, scissor steps, sailor shuffles, etc. Also, Novice dancers tend to come to their first line dance class with the preconceived notion that they’ll stomp, swivel their heels, and do fun, but simple, turns. They are confused on the back wall and have difficulty transferring weight properly.  "Dance shoes? Why buy special dance shoes?" As a teacher, I choose dances for Novices based on what they can learn if they don’t know dance terms. I also choose dances that have a single compound move. Such dances allow me to teach one concept at a time. This might be a Novice’s one and only time on a dance floor and I want to make that one time count.

For my Beginner dancers, I try to keep them interested without working them too hard. Many at this dance level haven’t yet bought into the amount of work, dedication, and strength that modern line dance entails. They balk at tags and restarts. A lot of teaching happens in the Beginner level and I never want a dance to be so serious or complicated that it’ll make students sit that dance out. They quickly learn the importance of dance shoes.

Improvers know compound moves but can’t recall choreography. At this level, I teach the tricks of remembering choreography. They learn that music matters, so tags and restarts are necessary. They improve their technique and stamina. They are becoming aware of dance events but aren’t ready to attend them.

Intermediates have stamina and knowledge and can do all the moves with some styling but they still want the leader to do the memory work for them. They have difficulty recalling the names of dances, or how the dance starts, but instantly recognize the dance when the music plays. They welcome learning 64-count dances because they know their hard work going in will be rewarded once they perform the dance. They look forward to traveling to dance events. They have favorite choreographers.

Advanced dancers can do it all — multiple tags, phrasing, changing tempo, long counts, styling, memory. They just want someone to dance with.

As for the meaning of “Easy” or “High,” when I see these terms, I take that level of dance and either relax it or push it.

Cheers!

Cassandra in Texas

***********************************

From:  Norma, Brooksville FL, nerb...@tampabay.rr.com

Subject:  Dances Taught at Brookridge 6/22/17

Beginner Line Dance Class, Thursday 6/22/17, 9-10 AM

1.  Until The Dawn / Gary Lafferty

2.  Cowboy Charleston / Jeanette Hall & Tonya Miller

3.  Empty Pockets / Burton & Barr

4.  Are You Missing Me / Ron Boyle NEW

5.  Stroll Along Cha Cha / Rodeo Cowboys

High Beg.-Improver Class, Thursday, 6/22/17, 10:15-11:15 AM

1.  ST. The One / Rachael McI-White

2.  Latina Heat / Rose Grant

3.  Texas Is Where It’s At / Gordon Elliot  NEW

4.  Fireball / Marthe Tiebeault

Note: We’d love to see any Beginner/ High Beginner dancer

come and join us any Thursday.  $3 for each Class.

( For GPS: 8150 Hampton Street, Brooksville FL 34613)

Need more info on our Line Dance Program? e-mail or

call me at (352) 397-6088..........Norma

~dance til you drop~  *GOD BLESS AMERICA*

 **************************************

Subject:  Dancin up a Storm

From: Karen Hedges and John Robinson

Dancin Up A Storm

August 10-13, 2017

EARLY REGISTRATION CUT OFF IS:  JULY 15TH

ALL Activities included with Weekend Pass Just $90.00

Hilton Airport Hotel in Kansas City Mo offering rate of $99.00 per night

3 min from the Airport

5 Ballrooms

Line, Line and more Line

Intermediate and Beginner level

Couples Classes

Pattern Partner Classes

And a full weekend of NTA

Our instructors include:

Larry Harmon (Mo)

Jamie Marshall (Ky)

John Robinson (In)

Ruben Lunar (Ca)

Betty Moses (Co)

Michael Diven (PA)

Hana Ries (Fl)

Laura Kampschroeder (Ks)

Marie Spruk (Mo)

Gwen Walker (Ark)

Mz Georgia (Chicago)

Tony Witt. (Ks)

Bill and Letha Blackford (Mo)

Garth Bock (In)

Beth Emerson (Ok)

Amy Castro (Ks)

Glenn Weiss and Deb Grimshire (Canada)

Mark and Mary Harris (Mo)

Bob and Carol Schwartz (IL)

Christy Lund Thornton (Ks)

Mike and Heather Salerno (Ks)

Kelly Gellette (Lv)

Debra Cleckler (Ga)

Barney Marshall (Ky)

Thursday night Kick Off Dance

Choreography Competition

Silent Auction with some awesome items as usual

Check out the website at

http://www.dancinupastorm.com

Also on Facebook

Karen Hedges

Dancin Up A Storm

Hope to see you all there

************************************

SUBJECT:  WHAT LOU ANN SCHEMMEL IS TEACHING IN CALIFORNIA

Lou Ann Schemmel

18 hrs ·

Taught the easy (for them) and fun Clap Snap by Rebecca Lee andSobrielo Philip Gene Michael last night and did lots of open dancing including some oldies, because no June social.....OCDC class last night - playlist! Some memory challengers here......

Done Running

Heaven on Earth

Blessed

Why Baby Why

High on Loving You

Pieces

Tango with me Darling

Tuesday Blues

Just Have Faith

Whatever Happens

Thy Will

Kissing Strangers - WT

Tell Your Heart to Beat Again

Love Remains

Taking Care of You

Thumbs Up

Lady in Red

Serious Love - WT

Tick Tick Boom - WT

She Used to be Mine

Slowly Gently Softly - WT

Clap Snap - new teach

Run me like a River

Ain't Too Cool

No Vacancy

Fairytales and Lovesongs

Addicted

Through the Fire

Is It Over?

Rock This Party

Levels

Come Tomorrow

Larger than Life

In the Air Tonight

So Feisty

The Boogie

Lemonade

Nu Flow

***********************

SUBJECT:  DANCES THIS WEEK

FROM:  BIG DAVE

Hi all,

Mostly recaps this week - Except the guys helped me road test a cool new 32/4 Easy Intermediate from Neville & Julie for this weekend in Liverpool for me called You Got Me & I Got You (Olly Murs/Unpredictable) - We also did Fred's lovely smooth country Nightclub Like A Cowboy - I did this a while back but with only a few of us, so this was pretty much a new teach too .....

Easy recaps -

When I Get It, Broken Cassette, True Believer & Somebody Else's Heart .....

When I Get It is a lovely improver country Cha just released this week - Check this one out

Intermediate recaps -

Pop : Love's Just A Feeling, Strip That Down

Rolling-8 : Taking Care Of You, I Am Your Man

Nightclub : Thinkin' & Drivin'

Newline recaps -

The Boogie, Throwback Love

Great night - Thanks AZ's

Dave

*****Come & dance with us at one of our 2017 Xmas Party weekends - Our Alamo Blackpool Xmas Special 17th-19th November with Gary O'Reilly & JP Madge (A Xmas In Ireland) or our Let's Party Tynemouth 8th-10th December with Karl & Jamie - Or both !! :-)

=== Events : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/EventFlyersBookingForms.html

=== VIP's : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/JoinVIP.htm

===www.bigdavegastap.com

07868-424587 (Pauline/Booking Line)

Dave Baycroft

48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington Station, Northumberland, NE22 5YS

**************************************

SUBJECT:  MORE BIOS FOR LEGENDS IN LINE 2017

KARL HARRY WINSON:

Here at Legends In Line we welcome the fabulous Karl Harry Winson to the Norbreck in November.

Karl is from Bournemouth and started Line dancing approximately 17 Years ago. He was introduced when his mum had a group of Line dancers at her Country & Western themed 50th Birthday party.

Karl was practically 'dragged' to a class with his mum. He didn't know what to expect but his first dance was 'California Freeze' and from that moment he was hooked.

Karl progressed very quickly teaching himself dances from the step sheets of dances he had seen at Socials.

Karl's passion for Line Dancing grew and a few years later he trained to teach and every so often would teach a dance to the class he attended for experience.

In 2006 Karl's instructor, Roger Swansbrough who ran the club Marshals Line Dancing unfortunately died in a car accident which left the club without an instructor.Karl was asked to stand in and the rest is history.

Just after Karl started Line dancing he also joined the Stagecoach theatre school in Bournemouth as his ambition at the time was to be on the West End Stage. It was Line dance that helped him with his confidence on the stage and dancing in front of people.

Karl studied at University to earn a BA (Hons) Degree in Musical Theatre. Karl teaches singing at theatre schools to young people with the same ambitions. He's directed his own production and been involve in 'extra' work for TV.

Choreography has always been a passion for Karl and his first dance published in Linedancer Magazine was 'Through The Grapevine.'

One of his highlights was to meet Robbie McGowan Hickie and he thanks Robbie for helping him in the Line Dance world and encouraging him with the choreography. They have collaborated on dances together, many of them hit dances.

In his own words ' Line dancing is such an amazing form of dance and I am very proud to be part of it. The way it has evolved over the years with it's music steps and global interest is fascinating. You get to meet so many amazing people and watching them dance your dancing and having fun is the highlight of it all. '

Well there will hundreds of people dancing your choreography in November, Karl.

Image may contain: 1 person

*****************************

DAVE BAYCROFT (husband of that famous Pauline!):

The Legends In Line Team, welcome Big Dave Baycroft to the Line Up at the Norbreck in November.

Dave is loved throughout the Line Dance world. Top DJ brilliant organiser, (or is that Pauline Baycroft) LOL. He is life and soul of the party, has gathered many awards and Dave's knowledge of Line Dance is nothing short of amazing.

A trip to California in 1997 was where it all started for Dave including his life long affair with Country Music.

After returning to the UK, the whole Baycroft family visited a club in Hinckley and it wasn't long before Dave was encouraged to start his own class and that is when a nickname that he is still associated with today was coined. Dave worked for British Gas and started his classes on the works site itself. Hi sfirst club was called The Gas Tap Stompers hence Big Dave Gastap! Maggie G added the 'Big'.

This incredible adventure continued and took the class into Hinckley Town and the club was renamed the Tucson Terrors (because of the love of the US location).

All this eventually led to Dave and Pauline's first event in September 2005. It was a Newline event. Dave very much believes that all levels should be encouraged to have socials. More events soon added to their busy portfolio. At this time Dave and Pauline worked along side good friends Andrew and Sheila Palmer and Tim Ruzgar.

in 2008, Dave was able to retire from his day job and the couple relocated to Newcastle. Dave's class in now under the banner of 'Arizona Line Dancers'.

In Dave's own words ' The classes are the very foundation of who I am and what I do. I love teaching dances and that also gives me the grass roots insight that I hope helps me be a better DJ and event organiser'.

Becoming a DJ was always a natural development for Dave.

With DJ work hard to find, Dave realised that the best way was to just organise and DJ his own events.

Dave has no hesitation in citing Tim Ruzgar as his role model. It was Tim and Maggie Gallagher who opened the doors for Dave.

As we all know Dave has many great events all over the world.

The most amazing highlight of Dave's Line Dance career was winning DJ of the year for 5 years consecutively at the Crystal Boot Awards.

It is only right to mention that none of these achievements would have taken place without Pauline Baycroft.

Dave and Pauline continue with their ventures even though they say they are going to slow down.

Their family and grandchildren mean everything to them but Line dance is the 'air that they breathe'.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven