World Line Dance Newsletter 7/26 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Jul 26, 2016, 9:46:06 AM7/26/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Tuesday 7/26 Please remember to vote this week

NOTE FROM ME:  Please keep Speeddo Deskins in your thoughts and prayers today.  He is in the hospital at the moment.  I will send updates when they are available.  I believe he had a stroke but I'm not sure.  Speedo has been to the Marathon for as many years as I remember and so many people know this man.  We hope he has a speedy recovery.

*****************************
SUBJECT:  TUESDAY CLASS LINE DANCE IN PINELLAS PARK TONIGHT and Sunday Social Sept. 25th

   We have one new teach  but it is our last Tuesday of the month and time to review as many dances as we have been teaching this month. This is a great time to review a dance that we need a bit of practice on!

     We are pleased to announce that our next Sunday Social will be Sunday Sept. 25th. Time is 12-5 and the address is listed below!

     Also our Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic After Party will be the Monday after the weekend event Nov. 7th. This will be from 630 to 1030. We always have such a great time at our After Party and hope all of you can join us!

Teaches:

Obsessed by Kim Ray taught by Joan

1st Time Reviews:

Way Down We Go by Will C. taught by Valerie
Harden Up Princess by Simon taught by Sheri

2nd Time Rev.
If I Wuz U by Neville & Julie taught by Liz
Pieces by Dustin Betts taught by Lynda (or someone else if she can't make it)

3rd time Rev.
Judge Not by Rachael taught by Ann

         Our Class is a non profit class where anyone that wants to teach teaches and that makes it such a fun class!
Thanks for all you support we continue to get class after class and year after year!

Studio location:
Bayou Dance Club
6541 102nd Ave
Pinellas Park, Fl 33782

630 open dance
700 class starts
$8.00 for class
Snacks and water are always available

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com
Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com
*******************************
SUBJECT:  LET'S DANCE DAY - Aug. 6th - Orlando, Fl.
FROM:  Lindy -
lindysda...@gmail.com  407-721-5106     www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com

If you don't get emails from me (and WANT to), please email me and I will add you to my list.  If you want to be removed from my email list, just let me know that too.

Saturday, Aug. 6th is our next LET'S DANCE DAY!!  YEA!!!  Come dance with us and bring your friends.  We have four hours of dancing (from 12 noon to 4 p.m.)  We dance 2 beginner then 2 intermediate/adv. and plenty of floor splits, all day. There are some new fun dances on the playlist, plus lots of our old fav's.  :-)   Be sure to bring your own water/soft drinks, lunch, and/or snacks.  If you want a copy of the playlist to follow on Let's Dance Day, please print one and bring it along, tho I will make a few copies.  It is on my website also  - www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com  (There are flyers on there too if you need some for your classes). 😁

The Aug 6th playlist is on the website now, so you will have time to brush up on those you need brushing up on before Aug. 6th!!  Let me know if I missed any duplicates.  😱

LDD is all about having fun with friends.  We almost always have two dances going to each song. (usually beginner in back and intermediate in front)...(that's just how the floor works out).  If you are trying to pick the dance up on the floor, please do so along the outside edges so you don't trip someone else - or yourself.  While being in the middle is the best place if a dance is being taught, it is NOT best if you are just trying to pick it up on the fly.  👣  If I see a beginner dance being done that I didn't have on my list, I may ask you what it is so that I can add it on.

LDD will be at the Beardall Sr. Center at 800 Delaney Ave., Orlando 32801.  This is a big brick 3 story building at the corners of Delaney Ave, Gore St. and right off Orange Ave.  There is parking all the way around the building, (and at the bank next door as well), but use the handicapped door on the Gore St. parking lot side to enter the building as the other doors are locked on weekends.  It has a brown 'WELCOME' awning over it.  We dance in the ballroom on the 2nd floor and there is an elevator!!

Since we are finished at 4, you will have time to go to dinner and then go to your other favorite dance place and dance all night too!  Your feet will be sooooo happy ....and our feet love to be happy!💕

We now have confirmed dates for LDD's for the rest of the year:
Aug. 6
Sept. 3
Oct. 8
Nov. 12
Dec. 10

My feet hope to see yours at any/all LDD's and other classes, socials and workshops we can get to.  :-)

LET'S DANCE
Lindy
lindysda...@gmail.com
www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com
******************************

SUBJECT:  TIME TO DANCE SOCIAL SCHEDULE

FROM:  PAM HALL

pam...@earthlink.net

PLEASE NOTE BELOW:

I have the Dates for next year’s TIME TO DANCE SOCIAL for 2017

JAN 27, FEB 24, MARCH 24, APRIL 28, MAY 26
JUNE 23, NO DANCE IN JULY, AUGUST 25, SETP 22, OCTOBER 27, NOV 18  (THIS ONE MIGHT CHANGE OR CANCEL)
NO SOCIAL DECEMBER.

HAVE NOT SCHEDULED TIME TO DANCE SHOPPE~

Thank you again for joining me on the dance floor last night.  Did a few older ones that I  brought back just to have some fun.

INTERMEDIATE CLASS:

WAY DOWN WE GO:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38c3O_kU9Y8  (This is a really nice dance)
SUNSHINE IN MY POCKET:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFm-1ooJ5DE
DANCE WITH ME TONIGHT:  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/dance-with-me-tonight-ID84846.aspx
HOW I WANT YA:  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/how-i-want-ya-ID110319.aspx

BEGINNER/IMPROVER:

BIG BANG BOOGIE:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=damT3G813rk
PANTS ON FIRE:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_p2umEnuMo
EZ CAKE BY THE OCEAN:  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/ez-cake-by-the-ocean-ID109398.aspx
K STEP BOOGIE:  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/k-step-boogie-ID82374.aspx
BLUE’S AIN’T  NEWS:  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/blues-aint-news-ID103478.aspx
CAN’T STOP THE FEELING EZ:  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/cant-stop-the-feeling-ez-ID111068.aspx
PRIMO WALTZ:  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/primo-waltz-ID89249.aspx
GYPSY QUEEN:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQwvN1byins
********************************
SUBJECT:  WHERE TO DANCE IN WASHINGTON DC IN AUGUST?
I am from South Africa and I hope you can help me
.

I am attending a catering conference in Washington DC in August.  My conference finishes on Wednesday 17th August 2016.  Is there any line dance class I can attend close to me on the Wednesday night.

I am staying in the Henley Park Hotel, 926 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, D.C.

Waiting to hear from you

Thank you

Lana le Roux
Catering Manager
Email:              lana....@bywordofmouth.co.za
Website:          www.bywordofmouth.co.za
Facebook:       http://www.facebook.com/Bywordofmouth.sa

NOTE FROM ME:  I can't believe we have no listings for Washington, DC.  Are there no classes there?  If so, please use this form to add them -- not even a club?  There is a little form on the RH side of the page to add info if you know about classes or clubs in the area:
http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/wtd/usa.html

*************************
SUBJECT:  DANCING THURSDAY NIGHT IN BEVERLY HILLS
                 TIME TO DANCE SOCIAL
                 TIME TO DANCE SHOPPE~

FROM:  PAM HALL
             pam...@earthlink.net

Here is an up-date for the next 5 months:

BEVERLY HILLS, THURSDAY NIGHT CLASS:

AUGUST 4th
AUGUST 18th.....

AUGUST 13th will be a Saturday night in BEVERLY HILLS, from 6:00 to 9:00

AUGUST 26th,  TIME TO DANCE SOCIAL IN LECANTO FROM 5:30 TO 9:30

SEPTEMBER 1st, THURSDAY NIGHT CLASS

SEPTEMBER 10th, Saturday night in BEVERLY HILLS, from 6:00 to 9:00

TIME TO DANCE SHOPPE~ SEPTEMBER 17th

TIME TO DANCE SOCIAL, SEPTEMBER 23rd...

THERE WILL ONLY BE ON THURSDAY NIGHT CLASS IN BEVERLY HILLS IN SEPTEMBER.

OCTOBER THURSDAY NIGHT IN BEVERLY HILLS

OCTOBER 6th

OCTOBER 20th

TIME TO DANCE SOCIAL OCTOBER 28th

NOVEMBER THURSDAY NIGHT IN BEVERLY HILLS

NOVEMBER 3rd

NOVEMBER 17th.

NOVEMBER 18th...TIME TO DANCE SOCIAL.

DECEMBER DANCING THURSDAY NIGHT IN BEVERLY HILLS

DECEMBER 1st

DECEMBER 15th....

THERE WILL BE NO SOCIAL IN DECEMBER.

I AM WORKING ON NEXT YEARS TIME TO DANCE SOCIAL IN LECANTO DATES.  They will be posted as soon as I make all the arrangements.
****************************
SUBJECT: Kickit Top 10 Lists for July 25, 2016
FROM:
rpro...@aol.com

All Kickit subscribers are invited to participate in 4 ongoing surveys.
The Top 10 results for each survey are shown here. (Due to ties, lists may show more than 10 dances.)
------------------------
Most Known
------------------------
 1 Come Dance With Me by Jo Thompson
 2 Tush Push by Jim Ferrazzano & Kenneth Engel
 3 Cruisin' by Neil Hale
 4 Wave On Wave by Alan G. Birchall
 5 Electric Slide by Unknown
 6 Rio by Diana Lowery
 7 Dizzy by Jo Thompson
 8 Chill Factor by Daniel Whittaker & Hayley Westhead
 9 Watermelon Crawl by Sue Lipscomb
10 (tie) Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
   Toes by Rachael McEnaney
------------------------
Favorite
------------------------
 1 Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
 2 Chill Factor by Daniel Whittaker & Hayley Westhead
 3 Come Dance With Me by Jo Thompson
 4 Dizzy by Jo Thompson
 5 Zjozzys Funk by Petra Van de Velde
 6 (tie) Rio by Diana Lowery
   Toes by Rachael McEnaney
 8 (tie) Badonkadonk by Pepper Siquieros
   Have Fun, Go Mad by Scott Blevins
   I'm No Good by Rachael McEnaney
   Islands In The Stream by Karen Jones
   Mojo Rhythm by Rob Fowler
   Rebel Amor by Roy Verdonk & Wil Bos
   Wave On Wave by Alan G. Birchall
------------------------
Most Taught
------------------------
 1 (tie) Big Blue Tree by Ria Vos
   Head Over Boots by John Dembiec
   So Just Dance Dance Dance! by José Miguel Belloque Vane & Richard Guillaume
 4 (tie) Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
   Rum Is The Reason by Rob Fowler
   Strip It Down by Rachael McEnaney-White
 7 (tie) Ah Si! by Rita Masur
   Better When I'm Dancin' by Julia Wetzel
   Boot Scootin' Boogie by Tom Mattox & Skippy Blair
   Cake By The Ocean by Eugene Walls & Betty Moses
   Come Dance With Me by Jo Thompson
   EZ Cake By The Ocean by Sandy Goodman
   Lay Low by Darren "Daz" Bailey
   Margarita by Lana Wilson
   Pontoon by Gail Smith
   South Side Shake by Junior Willis
   Summer Celebration by Ira Weisburd
   Swingin' Thing by Jo & Rita Thompson
   Tush Push by Jim Ferrazzano & Kenneth Engel
   Uptown Funk AB by Debbie Hogg
------------------------
Most Danced
------------------------
 1 Strip It Down by Rachael McEnaney-White
 2 (tie) Better When I'm Dancin' by Julia Wetzel
   Head Over Boots by John Dembiec
   So Just Dance Dance Dance! by José Miguel Belloque Vane & Richard Guillaume
 5 (tie) Ain't Misbehavin' by Guyton Mundy, Jo Thompson Szymanski & Amy Glass
   The Bomp by Kim Ray
   Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
   Cowboy Strut by Cindy Hall & Candy B
   Cruisin' by Neil Hale
   EZ Cake By The Ocean by Sandy Goodman
   Extreme Love by Niels B. Poulsen
   Girl Crush by Alison Johnstone & Rachael McEnaney
   Lay Low by Darren "Daz" Bailey
   Margarita by Lana Wilson
   S.T. One by Rachael McEnaney-White
   Stitches by Amy Glass
 ******************************
Subject:  Autumn in New Hampshire with SCOTT BLEVINS
From: Heather Davis

Please join us October 21 and 22, 2016 for a workshop with SCOTT BLEVINS at the Brookline Event Center, 32 Proctor Hill Road, Brookline (Nashua) NH!

It's less than 3 months away!

Evening dance on Friday, workshop on Saturday, followed by an evening dance.  Easy intermediate to advance dances.  Bring your lunch.  Beverage and snacks available for purchase at the hall.   Workshop is $40 before October 8.  Dances $10.

Our event hotel is the Hampton Inn Nashua, 407 Amherst St., Nashua. (603)883-5333.  $129 before Sept 22.  Free breakfast, wifi, micro and fridge.  Restaurants nearby.  Online code D2R or ask for Scott Blevins workshop by phone.  Register early as Fall in New England is a busy hotel time.

Registration and more info at www.DeniseBrault.com

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.