World Line Dance Newsletter Thursday 2/19

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 19, 2015, 1:45:32 PM2/19/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Thursday 2/19.  Sorry the newsletter is late.  AOL decided to upgrade something so I couldn't open or send mail until now.    Please remember to vote by late Sunday afternoon and early is even better!

SUBJ:  2015 FT WAYNE DANCE FOR ALL - FORT WAYNE, IN - FEBRUARY 26 - MARCH 1, 2016
FROM:  Jamie & Barney Marshall -
thejamie...@att.net

Do you hear it?  The excitement for the 2015 Ft. Wayne Dance for All is building.  The schedule is ready, the show is written, the props are almost finished...let's dance!  We are thrilled to have almost 60 entries in this year's choreography competition with the possibility of a dancer taking home $500 cash!  Marco Club Connection is this year's official choreography sponsor.  We are excited to have Brianna attending our event to meet dancers and hear what you want in new music for 2015!  So many fun things planned throughout the weekend!  ZUMBA (with Jamie), NTA, LineLessons.com, How to Choreography A Super Awesome Line Dance (John Robinson), T-Shirt Cutting & Design (Jo Thompson-Szymanski), High Tech DJ - Dancing to Your Computer Music Class (Larry Harmon), LineLessons.com Lobby (a practice place with video reviews of some of your favorite teaches for the weekend) and more.  This year's step description book has 175 line dances, pattern partner dances and new choreography!  Everyone is welcome to order (only $15 for data CD or electronically).

This year's Saturday night entertainment is unmatched in the dance community.  Olivia Lane is performing at 7:30 and will announce the winner of the special "Boys" choreography competition.  Zombies Just Wanna Dance is this year's theme and you will love the message from the show along with laughs and great dance performances from your staff!  We offer weekend passes, daily passes, spectator passes or nightly dance passes.  It will is a true "DANCE FOR ALL".  It's not too late to join the fun!  We welcome walk-ins and not to worry...there's plenty of room for you to dance!  The 16,000 square foot Main ballroom is only 1 of 7 offering classes from 9 until 5!  The dancers' lobby is furnished with tables and chairs to rest your tired feet.  There's also puzzles, cards and fun games on each table to help you relax....like we always say...the 2015 Ft. Wayne Dance for All is truly unlike NO OTHER EVENT.

Visit www.ftwaynedanceforall.com to download our QR codes for the schedule, to add to your calendar and for eventMINDER!  What is eventMINDER?  It's NEW!  The Ft. Wayne Dance for All worked with Eagle Lindsey w/ Dancing Feats to offer an  online, customized program to have your weekend/workshop schedule at your fingertips on your tablet or smart phone!  You can filter selections to be only line or couples, pattern partner or specialty workshops.  You may also select your favorite instructor and add their classes to your favorites.  Information includes day and time, instructor, name of class and ballroom...you will never have to worry about missing a workshop again by reading the schedule wrong!  There is a special tutorial workshop scheduled for Thursday at 6:15 to learn how this new exciting tool works!  This program will be available to all workshop.  Contact Jamie at thejamie...@att.net for details!

Please email thejamie...@att.net with any questions or to register over the phone.  The online registration will be available until Saturday evening.  Please help spread the word and we look forward to seeing you next weekend!

Jamie & Barney
www.ftwaynedanceforall.com
thejamie...@att.net
************************
SUBJECT:  DANCE REVIEW WORKSHOP AT THE ROUND UP TAMPA

Instructor : Margaret Howard,,howardh...@earthlink.net

Lince dance review workshop February 28, 2015  10:00-2:00
Review popular dances being danced at the Round Up
Upper beginner to low intermediate dances.
Workshop conducted by Margaret Morrison-Howard
Cost $25.00

Margaret M. Howard
***************************
Subject: panama canal line dance cruise
From:
paulan...@hotmail.com

Danced Crazed Presents...
Island Princess
15 night Panama Canal Cruise
April 23rd - May 8th 2016

Sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to Aruba, Cartagena, Columbia, transit the Panama Canal, Puntarenas, Costa Rica, San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and ending in Los Angelas

Cabins starting at $2509.00pp
fee includes:
port taxes
government fees
$50.00 per cabin shipboard credit
Private dance sessions each day ship is out to sea

Advantage Cruises & Tours
(727) 576-4010     toll free: 1-866-824-1613

Questions call Paul & Linda (cruise leaders)  206-713-4850
***************************
SUBJECT:  CROWDSOURCING THE WORLD'S LINE DANCE DATA

I am going to try to share some of the load with completing the hole-ridden databases at Kickit.to For anyone who would like to help, I have added a menu item at Kickit called "Add music videos." Click it and follow the instructions to help find music videos for all of the songs used for line dances. I can do a dozen or so at a sitting before I become bored. Your mileage may vary. PLEASE DO NOT ADD LINKS TO DANCE VIDEOS, only to music videos.

If this works out and we can pull together to find videos for all 40000 songs, maybe I'll change the link to find the BPM, rhythm, or genre of songs. Those properties of the songs would be easier to determine with a good video for reference.
*************************
Subject: The 1st "NEWda & NEWyork" Workshop & Dance in CT
From: Lynne Flanders
lynnes...@juno.com CT

Please join us for the 1st "NEWda & NEWyork" Workshop & Dance...
Sat, April 11, 2015 9:30am>5pm & 7:00pm>11:00pm
Knights of Columbus Hall, 152 Litchfield St, Torrington, CT 06790

Here is our VERY IMPRESSIVE list of instructors:
Doubledee Duke - NY,
Jan Barrus - NY,
Bill Belejack - CT.
Tammy Bosse - CT,
Lynne Flanders - CT,
Bernadette Gill - NY,
Aric Lemieux - CT,
Bernie Licki - CT (for the evening dance),
Jill Kaufman Weiss - CT &
Monica Wilson - NY

We are lucky to have these 10 talented instructors all in one day!
There will be NINE dances taught during the day & ONE more that evening!
It will have a combination of both beginner & intermediate dances & some in
between with varied genres of music.

LUNCH? (and dinner) You will be on our own (45 minutes).
We will shut down the music but keep the hall open for those that
brown bag or want take-out/delivery.
There is a diner, burger king, pizza and a 99 restaurant +
some Italian places all very close....
We will have lists/menus available when you arrive so that
you can decide early if you want something ordered / delivered.
You may also pack a lunch to bring in....
We always appreciate donations of Snacks/Desserts to share.
DAY & EVENING = NEWDA will provide free hot water with
instant coffee/tea/cocoa/hot cider/cappuchino packets...
During the DAY = BYO (Their bar is downstairs if you prefer) and
NEWDA will have bottled water available for $1.
In the EVENING, it's "CASH BAR only" upstairs = no outside drinks.
We will have door prizes and your donations to our Raffle are greatly appreciated.

Cover Charges (workshop gets you a discount for the evening dance) =
Workshop only "Early Bird" (before 3/21) = $25
Workshop only "Pre-registration" (3/21 > 4/10) = $30
Workshop only "At the door" (4/11) = $35
Workshop + Dance = add $5 ...
Evening Dance only "at Door" = $9/$12 NEWDA Member/Non
Payments can be given to any of the listed instructors OR
Checks can be mailed to NEWDA POBox 865, Southbury, CT 06488

Please watch for updates & information on our facebook Event page https://www.facebook.com/events/308792039331464/313018612242140/
I will be posting some Photos and Bios soon.
or on our website www.newdact.com

Hope to see you all there,
Thanks!
Lynne Flanders (president of NEWDA - New England Western Dance Assoc)
http://www.newdact.com
http://lynneslines.mysite.com
lynnes...@juno.com
****************************
Subject: Line Dance Lessons
From: New Port Richey,Fl.

Every Friday,12:15 Beginer Steps.
Then,12:35 Old & New/Fun & Easy
Dances till 2:00. Here are just
some of the Dances;

American Kids
Rio
Rockin The Wagon Wheel
Such A Fool
Cotton Pickin Time
Seduced
Sugar And Pie
Tush Push
Chi Bella
EZ Shuffle

ALSO/... our next Social is
Sunday March 8th. 2:00 to 5:00
I will take request, please
bring your CD incase I don't
have your song.
ONE/... more thing..........
We have a 50/50 Drawing with
extra Prizes, so save your
tickets you could be a winner!

Where is all this?

Cares Elfers Center
4136 Barker Dr.
New Port Richey,Fl.

For More Info. Call Me
727-848-7683 Or E-mail
sheila....@yahoo.com
************************
SUBJECT:  LINEDANCER MAGAZINE WEEKLY UPDATE

We proudly present some more showstoppers from our CBA spectacle! Even if your were there on the night you will love seeing it all over again. And who was 70 last week? You will need to go and find out! PLUS scripts and hot dance tips.... what are you waiting for? Click Here Now

Latest Top Ten
1 We Only Live Once (%age of votes: 4%)
2 Uptown Funk (%age of votes: 4%)
3 Up (%age of votes: 3%)
4 Superheroes (%age of votes: 3%)
5 Eternal Secret (%age of votes: 3%)
6 Fireball (%age of votes: 3%)
7 Shades Of Passion CBA 2015 (%age of votes: 2%)
8 Run Away With You (%age of votes: 2%)
9 Yes! (%age of votes: 2%)
10 One Great Mystery (%age of votes: 2%)
Linedancer Magazine VAT #582489986 - Company #2889999

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com