World Line Dance Newsletter Monday 10/16 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

TKA...@aol.com

Oct 16, 2017, 8:31:13 AM10/16/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.

Monday 10/16

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.

******************************

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

SUBJECT: 2017 & 2018 World Event Calendar updated

FROM: Stacy J Garcia,

stacy...@gmail.com,

http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event-calendar.html

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR UPCOMING EVENT(S)

Please fill out information below and email me, Stacy J Garcia: Stacy...@gmail.com

PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN THE BODY OF THE E-MAIL:

CHOOSE ONE: (Add, Remove, Change)

DATE OF EVENT: (Month, Day, Year)

NAME OF EVENT:

LOCATION OF EVENT: (Country, Province, State, City)

WEBSITE (no facebook link allowed. sorry): http://

CONTACT: Email OR Phone

TYPE OF EVENT: (LD, SW, CW, PP, SOUL)

AFFILIATED ORGANIZATION: (UCWDC, ACWDA, USLDCC)

 *******************************

 SUBJECT:  STACY HAS UPDATED THE CHOREOGRAPHERS' PAGE

http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/links-choreographers.html

INDIVIDUAL AND CLUB LINKS:
*************************************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas
October 17th

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR OUR Social Jan. 21st

New Teach this week:  (We will not be having class on Halloween and the following week because many of us are going to Vegas this year and will be leaving that Tuesday)

DAME MAS to be taught by Liz (PRONOUNCED DAUM-MAY)

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/dame-mas-ID118859.aspx

(I looked up what Dame Mas means and if this is true, Diane will be happy since Notre Dame is in her hometown!)

The sentence 'dame una oportunidad mas' when translated from Spanish to English is... What are the lyrics to the Notre Dame al ma mater. Notre Dame, Our Mother Tender, Strong, and True

RECENT TEACHES:

HELIUM by Will Craig to be taught by Lynda Licht

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/helium-ID117145.aspx

YEAH, by Michael Barr to be taught by Mary Ann Young

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/yeah-ID116040.aspx

My Reason, Roy Verdonk (NL), Jef Camps (BE) & Betty Alart (FR)

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/my-reason-ID120061.aspx

SEPTEMBER:

BABYLON, Fred Whitehouse, Babylon - Line Dance (Dance & Teach in English & 中文)

THE QUEEN, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-queen-fr-ID104724.aspx

The Fighter,  Niels Poulsen (dk), Raymond Sarlemijn (no), Roy Verdonk

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-fighter-ID111173.aspx

Everybody's Groovin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0DFUy2v8jE&list=PLu32ixL2sz9UgEvOln_gc6m6pU1StIKm5&index=12

STRIP THAT DOWN, by Maggie Gallagher & Tim Johnson

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/strip-that-down-ID118708.aspx

1159, by Rachael McEnaney

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/1159-ID117646.aspx

*************************************

August:

TIME TO SURRENDER, Simon Ward and Rachael McEnaney-White

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/search.aspx?Search=time+to+surrender&SearchType=Title&Beat=-1&Level=Any&Wall=-1&Lang=Any

GIVE ME THE BEAT, WILL CRAIG

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/give-me-the-beat-ID119116.aspx

SUMMERTHING, RHODA LAI

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/summerthing-ID118734.aspx

Woo Woo, Rachael McEnaney-White

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/woo-woo-ID1

Our Class is a nonprofit class where anyone that wants to teach but we are
all just there to dance!
Thanks for all you support we continue to get class after class and year
after year!
Open dance 6:30
Lessons start at 7:00 until 10:00

Studio Location:
The Bayou Dance Club
6541 102nd Av.
Pinellas Park, Fl  33782

 ********************************

Subject:  Big Bang Dance Classic Feb 1-4 2018

From: Empire Dance Productions (Will Craig)

VIP deadline Oct. 31

Visit empiredance.us for registration form.

Check out the clip below for breaking new about The Big Bang Dance Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRnIeE9b-rc&sns=em

Will Craig

Empiredance.us

Empir...@aol.com

************************

SUBJECT:  Attention all Line Dance Instructors and those aspiring to teach!

I have been a group fitness instructor and have incorporated line dancing into my list of classes for years. Problem: I often need subs. Many places require experience and credentials. Adding this to your list of qualifications puts you one step above. Study the research, basic choreography, beginner class design and safety responsibilities. Learn new dances, review old favorites and come with a desire to share this fun activity and knowledge with your fellow instructors. Be among the first to join this accredited fraternity of instructors.

This is a one-time opportunity to take this course at the incredible price of $195.00 for the entire weekend! Standard prices for Approved AFAA Fitness Certifications are $399+. Future classes will be priced accordingly.

Did you know?

Dancing boosts brain health, improves muscle strength, promotes social interaction and is just plain fun! Research studies confirm mature adults who dance have better coordination, balance and gait than non-dancers. Help your students reduce the effects of aging. Consider teaching line dancing as one of the ways to engage the mind, body and spirit for flexibility, strength and balance.  Renew you and your student’s “Zest for Life, Dance!”

Line Dancing for Fun and Fitness

                  Complete materials and knowledge to start immediately.

Date of Event: November 4 and 5th

Name of Event: Line Dance Young and Old

 Location of Event: Downtown Tampa Metropolitan YMCA

                                    104 South Franklin St. Tampa , Florida 33602

Website: http://linedanceyoungandold.com

Contact: June Kittay    Office: 813 314 9124

                                         Mobile: 813 841 5975

Type of Event: 2 Day Intensive Line Dance Group Instructor Certification - AFAA (Athletic and Fitness Association of America) Approved 15 CEU’s (Continuing Education Units)

Affiliated Organization: Tampa Bay Bodies

About June: June Kittay, BSED, AFAA, SCW, YMCA

June Kittay has numerous certifications and has specialized in beginning movement and Senior Fitness for over a decade. With a bachelor’s degree in education, she has taken her love of teaching and applied it to multiple fitness programs. In love with life, she practices what she preaches. When not teaching, you can find her pursuing her career as a commercial actor, lifestyle model, at special events or traveling and teaching Line Dancing!

**************************************

SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA ALL-BEGINNER LINE DANCE WORKSHOP, Danville, VA--October 28, 2017

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Come join instructors Sue Ann Ehmann & Bonnie Mathews and our dj, Mary Kaye Johnson, for a fun-filled day of learning new beginner dancers.  Our annual fall workshop is geared towards dancers who are already familiar with line dance steps and terminology.   We teach dances ranging from ultra beginner to high beginner levels and generally have one improver level dance for you as well.  If you are a beginner dancer or an instructor, we hope you will come spend your day with us.

Location is the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street, Danville, VA 24541.  Registration is from 9:30 to 10:00.  Workshop is from 10 to 4 with a break for lunch.  Cost for the day is $20 in advance or $25 at the door.  The step book is included, but only guaranteed with preregistrations.  To do so, please contact Cindy Jones at Ballou.  Phone:  434-799-5216.   Email:  jon...@danvilleva.gov.

 ********************************

SUBJECT:  CLASSICS WORKSHOP

FROM:  BETSY COURANT

CLASSICS WORKSHOP. next workshop is scheduled for November 18th,12:30-5:30.

Shall We Dance Studios, 600 S Federal Hwy 2nd floor, Deerfield Beach FL. $25

Four new classics: Feel (Scott Blevins), SXE (Rob Fowler), Cry to Me (Paul McAdam) and Do Your Thing (Barry Dari Anne Amato, Max Perry and Kathy Hunyadi).

And plenty of time for open dancing to your requests.

Videos of other three dances below in comments.

Feel Line Dance

Choreographed by Scott Blevins September 2008 32 Count 4 Wall Intermediate Nightclub Two-Step line dance. Music: Make You Feel My Love by Adele Step sheet av…

https://youtu.be/t02DsWxrIks. Cry to Me.

 Do Your Thing. https://youtu.be/ov0MKkPhjag

SXE. https://youtu.be/jDWxYLM4YCI

***********************************

SUBJECT:  COPPERKNOB.CO.UK SNAPSHOT AS OF 10/16/17

MOST POPULAR IN THE LAST 7 DAYS

1

(6013 Views)

Sexy Beaches  Dee Musk: Fred Whitehouse: Guyton Mundy: Niels Poulsen: September 2017

    80 Count    0 Wall    Advanced - Mixed Style   Music: Sexy beaches by Pitbull feat. Chloe Angelides. Track length: 3.58 mins. iTunes etc

2

(5057 Views)

Equal Love  Simon Ward : Niels Poulsen - October 2017

    32 Count    2 Wall    Intermediate - Smooth Rolling Count   Music: Not too late by Rickie-Lee. iTunes, Amazon, etc.

3

(4657 Views)

Hurts Like A Cha Cha  Simon Ward, Daniel Trepat & Fred Whitehouse, October 2017

    64 Count    2 Wall    Intermediate   Music: Nothing Ever Hurt Like You by James Morrison

4

(3185 Views)

Lay It Back  Shane McKeever, Fred Whitehouse, Guyton Mundy - October 2017

    64 Count    0 Wall    Advanced - Non-Country   Music: Perm by Bruno Mars - Approx. 3.30

5

(2647 Views)

Lonely This Weekend  April Coady, Suzi Beau & Wil Bos – October 2017

    64 Count    2 Wall    Improver   Music: "Lonely Weekend" by Bo Walton (Album: Lonely Weekend) 148 bpm

6

(2572 Views)

Life After Love  Dwight Meessen – October 2017

    32 Count    4 Wall    Improver   Music: "Believe" by Rookies (single) 120 bpm

7

(2339 Views)

Dance Her Home  Rob Fowler - October 2017

    48 Count    4 Wall    Improver   Music: Dance Her Home by Cody Johnson

8

(2198 Views)

Lonely Drum  Darren Mitchell - June 2017

    32 Count    4 Wall    Improver   Music: Lonely Drum - Aaron Goodvin (iTunes)

9

(2127 Views)

Check Please  Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris (July 2017)

    40 Count    4 Wall    Intermediate   Music: Check Please - Haley Reinhart (iTunes)

10

(1775 Views)

Love So Soft  Maggie Gallagher (September 2017)

    64 Count    2 Wall    Intermediate   Music: Love So Soft by Kelly Clarkson (Amazon)

********************************

SUBJECT:   GEOFF & CELIA'S SOCIAL IN THE UK

Another great night at Shelf on Saturday night for our monthly Social. Numbers down but that seems to be the norm for October. Still had lots & lots of requests though (just over 80), managed to get through 48 of them and then finished off playing the most requested dance of the night again which this month was Ria's  “Enough Is Enough”. A big thank you to everyone that came along and made it such a good night and also to Celia for providing the usual wonderful home made buffet supper despite her mobility problems.

PLAYLIST

DANCE CHOREOGRAPHER

Islands In The Stream Karen Jones

Better When I'm Dancing Julia Wetzel

Shady Darren Amy & Fred

Corn Don’t Grow Tina Argyle

Darling Hold My Hand  Neville & Julie

Dive Julia Wetzel

I Came To Love You Gary O & Dee

Well Do Ya Kim Ray

Champagne Promise Tina Argyle

About Feelings Ria Vos

Enough Is Enough Ria Vos

Tongue Tied Up T & V

Slowly Gently Softly Gary O

Strip That Down Maggie G & Tim Johnson

Somebody Like You Alan Birchall

Roots Tina Argyle

Delilah Ria Vos

Lonely Drum Darren Mitchell

Lady In Red Simon Ward

Italiano Rachael Shane & Niels

Light It Up Gary O

Missing Heather Barton

Final Fantasy Daniel T & Roy V

Gypsy Queen Hazel Pace

We're In Heaven Gary O

Caught In The Act Ann Wood

Skin Ria Vos

So Just Dance Dance Dance  Jose & Guillaume

Refund To My Heart Ria Vos

Some Girls Will Vikki Morris

Honky Tonk Highway Kelly Cavallaro

I Could Be The One Nathan Gardiner

East To West 17 Simon & Alison Johnstone

Pot Of Gold Liam Hrycan

Time To Surrender Rachael & Simon

Nancy Mulligan Maggie G & Gary O

Reggae Romance Karl-Harry Winson

This Is Me Yvonne Anderson

Wandering Hearts Maggie G & Gary O

Teenage Dreams Rob Fowler & Helen O'Malley

Oops Baby Rachael & Cody

One Last Time Nathan Gardiner

Human After All Ria Vos

Blessed Jackie Miranda

Before The Devil Alan Birchall

Scared Of The Dark Daniel Whittaker

Funky Sole R M Hickie & K H Winson

The Queen Remi Lemaire & Co

Enough Is Enough Ria Vos

******************************

SUBJECT:  CELEBRATE DANCE!  in Toronto, June 21-24 2018

www.celebratedance.ca

FROM:  Vivienne Scott

Hi everyone:

We all had a great time at CD! this past June and are looking forward to doing it again in 2018.   We do hope you will consider joining us.

This is the largest Line Dance event in Canada and is a four-day event beginning on the Thursday evening with a Welcome Dance, followed by three full days of workshops and fun.  Do note that we have a Dedicated Beginner Room as well ALL weekend.

With more to come ... so far our instructors this year will be:

**Roy Hadisubroto

**Rebecca Lee

**John Robinson

**Jamie Marshall

**Vivienne Scott

**Tina Foster

DJs Jill Babinec and Lynn Warden

The event is held in an attractive, modern hotel close to the airport, a free shuttle will take you directly there.   Do add a few days either before or after the event so that you can enjoy our beautiful city, there is a direct train line that will take you to downtown Toronto in just three stops.   You also must take a trip to see the spectacular Niagara Falls.

If you have questions contact Event Directors Judy McDonald   judymc...@cogeco.ca   or Tina Veliotis  tmvel...@yahoo.com

Looking forward to seeing many of you next June.

Happy Dancin'!

Vivienne

www.celebratedance.ca

**************************************

SUBJECT:   🎃👻🎃2ND ANNUAL HALLOWEEN LINE DANCE SOCIAL

                    SUNDAY, OCTOBER 22, 1:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m.

                    MARKS STREET SENIOR CENTER🎃👻🎃

FROM:  Toye Davis, tag630@ aol.com

               Brenda Burroughs, burro...@gmail.com

Dont dare miss our Second Annual Halloween Spooktacular Line Dance Social this Sunday at 1:30!  Prizes for the best costumes!  There will freaky fun, frightening food and devilish dancing!   Bring a dessert or snack to share!  Cost is just $5.  Be there or be scared!

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven