World Line Dance Newsletter Monday 3/3

TKA...@aol.com

Mar 3, 2015, 9:33:38 AM3/3/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Monday 3/3

Subject: Line Dance Showdown - Choreography Competition Cut-off is MARCH 12th

From:  USLDCC

If you plan on registering for the USLDCC competition, please have your registration envelopes post-marked by 3/12/15 and sent to JC Dance Productions.

The United States Line Dance Choreography Championships (USLDCC) is an organization that promotes amateur choreographers in the USA. We offer five sanctioned events in which an amateur choreographer may compete at: Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic, Big Bang Dance Classic,  Line Dance Showdown, Line Dance Marathon, and Fun in the Sun.

At this time, the USLDCC is open to any amateur choreographer. Amateur, as defined by the USLDCC, is one who has never accepted money, or who accepts money under restrictions specified by regulatory body for participating as an instructor at a workshop/event, where you teach your OWN choreography. This does not include “volunteering” as an instructor at workshops/event.

The USLDCC will have three divisions:  Newcomer/Novice, Intermediate/Advanced, and Phrased.
There will be great prizes at each of the qualifying events and the GRAND PRIZE is a teaching trip to the 2016 World Dance Masters in England!!!

Here is the link for the registration form for the Line Dance Showdown:  http://linedanceshowdown.com/images/pdfs/2015.pdf

Please visit www.USLDCC.com for complete rules and for more information, please email us at in...@USLDCC.com

Jennifer Cameron
JC Dance Productions, Inc.
Line Dance Showdown (March 26-29, 2015)
Fun in the Sun (July 16-19, 2015)
Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic (November 5-8, 2015)
******************
Subject:  Line Dance Showdown, Quincy, MA – March 26-29, 2015
From:  JC Dance Productions, Inc.

***The hotel discount rate ends MARCH 5th ***
Please book before then to get the discounted rates for Thursday - Sunday

  Workshops ( Workshops will be on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
ALL workshops are included in your weekend or daily passes.    A complete workshop schedule will be available online two weeks prior to the event.  We are offering a variety of workshops at all levels.  Register early for savings on your weekend and day passes. You must purchase a weekend or daily pass to attend workshops.  Here is the link for a registration form:  http://www.linedanceshowdown.com/images/pdfs/2015.pdf

  Instructors
Some of the best instructors from around the world have been CONFIRMED and you don’t want to miss this line-up:
Scott Blevins (IN)
Will Craig (NC)
Dancin’ Dean (VT)
Rob Fowler (Spain)
Kenny J (NJ)
Rhoda Lai (Canada)
Steve Lescarbeau (MA)
Jamie Marshall (TN)
Rachael McEnaney (UK/FL)
Debbie McLaughlin (UK)
Guyton Mundy (FL)
John Robinson (IN)
Fred Whitehouse (Ireland)
Ed Williams (NY)
And Helena Jeppsson,  the WINNER of WDM Choreography Competition

The Showdown
This is an ANYTHING GOES competition and it is HUGE!  $2,000.00 in cash prizes.  The Solo’s / Duo’s / Team’s will be competing against each other for the $700 first place prize and $300 prize for the one with the most audience votes.  You get a total of (6) Six minutes on the floor to see if you’re good enough to take home the cash.  Rules are. ……There are no rules!

USLDCC Choreography Competition
This is the first year for the USLDCC (United States Line Dance Choreography Championships). Please visit www.USLDCC.com for complete rules and how to qualify for the Championships scheduled for 2015.  Select your song, create your dance with some of your favorite steps, ask friends to join you and give it a try!  Winners take home some really great prizes!

Accommodations
The Line Dance Showdown will be held at Boston Marriott Quincy in Quincy, Massachusetts.  The Boston Marriott Quincy is proud to offer you a special room rate of $106.00 per night.  For room reservations, please call 617-472-1000 or 800-228-9290.  Mention The Line Dance Showdown to get the special room rate until March 5th.

For questions or more information, please email us at:  in...@linedanceshowdown.com

Jennifer Cameron
JC Dance Productions, Inc.
Line Dance Showdown (March 26-29, 2015)
Fun in the Sun (July 16-19, 2015)
Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic (November 5-8, 2015)

********************
SUBJECT:  COPPERKNOB.COM TOP VIEWED DANCES

WEEK ENDING 3/2/15
FROM:  GEORGE

The Way You Look    Darren Bailey, Fred Whitehouse,
Raymond Sarlemijn (Feb 2015)
   64 Count     4 Wall     Intermediate     Music: The
Way You Look at Me – Vinten ft Clarence Coffee jr

2(2295 Views)Homegrown    Rachael McEnaney
(UK/USA) Jan 2015
   32 Count     4 Wall     Improver     Music:
“Homegrown”– Zac Brown Band. (iTunes) Approx
3.25 mins

3(2247 Views)Singalong Song    Ira Weisburd (USA) &
Marie Sorensen (DENMARK) Feb 2015
   32 Count     4 Wall     High Beginner - Mambo/Swing
Rhythm.     Music: Sing Along My Song by Tim Tim

4(1724 Views)Hard to Say It!    Niels Poulsen
(Denmark) Jan 2015
   32 Count     4 Wall     Intermediate NC     Music: Hard
to say I’m sorry by Chicago. Album: ‘The Best of
Chicago (3:41) (40th Anniversary Edition)
[Remastered]’. iTunes, etc.

5(1697 Views)Love Me Like You Do    Ria Vos, (Jan
2015)
   64 Count     2 Wall     Intermediate     Music: Love
Me Like You Do - Ellie Goulding ( ‘Fifty Shades of
Grey’) Single (4:13)

6(1690 Views)Uptown Funk    Rob Fowler (Nov 2014)
   64 Count     4 Wall     Intermediate     Music: Uptown
Funk by Mark Ronson Feat. Bruno Mars

7(1617 Views)Bella    Raymond Sarlemijn, Darren
Bailey & Michel Platje (Feb 2015)
   64 Count     2 Wall     Intermediate     Music: Maitere
Grims - Bella

8(1570 Views)Paradise    Jose Miquel Belloque Vane
& Michel Platje (Feb 2015)
   32 Count     2 Wall     High Newcomer     Music:
Usher - Paradise

9(1276 Views)Shades of Passion    Rob Fowler (Jan
2015)
   72 Count     4 Wall     Intermediate / Advanced waltz
   Music: Earned it – The Weekend [from soundtrack
of 50 Shades of Grey]

10(1227 Views)A Shoulder To Cry On    Wil Bos (Feb
2015)
   48 Count     4 Wall     High Intermediate     Music:
Use My Shoulder To Cry On by Amy Guess (album:
Coming Up For Air) 140 Bpm
*************************
Subject: RE; GUYTON'S TAKE ME TO  CHURCH
From:
marlene...@hotmail.com

NOBODY CAN TEACH A DANCE LIKE THE

CHOREOGRAPHERS WHO COMPOSED IT ...WOULD

LOVE TO LEARN IT IN AT UPCOMING EVENTS FROM

GUYTON OR FRED WHO HAVE PUT THEIR HEART

INTO THIS DANCE....

LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH AND DANCE
=
************************
Subject: 1st & 3rd Tuesday High-Beg. to Inter-Adv.
Line Dance Class at The Bayou Dance Club mar.3rd
& Sunday Social Apr. 12th

   I can't believe it is March already and we are loving
the fact that we still have cooler weather but we
wish there would be a bit of sunshine for our
snowbirds. The weather up north is horrible and
hopefully winter will come to a close soon!  We are
glad to announce our next social, Apr.12th! We will
be trying to stay on our every two month social if all
schedules permit! Lots of socials in Florida which
means more dancing and less traveling far!

   Since we have many snowbirds in Florida we will
do more one walls when asked! Our class is very
flexible and we stick to a certain format with many
exceptions! Please come and visit knowing that you
will have a great time!
If there is any dance you would like to learn that is
not on our list please let us know. We have many
great teachers in our class that would love to help!

         Teach:
Yes by Simon & Jo T taught by Sheri
Love On Arrival by Fred W. taught by Carol

               1st Time reviews
Cecilia by Willie Brown & Heather Barton taught by

MaryAnn
Beneath It All by Amy Glass taught by Sheri

Our class is a non profit class where anyone that

wants to  teaches if they want and that makes it so

much fun!

 For a list of all reviews coming up please email me!
             Studio Location:
             Bayou Dance Club
             6541 102nd Ave
             Pinellas Park, Fl
             33782

             630 open dance
            7:00 class Starts
           $8.00 for class
Snacks and water are always available free

           Diane bpo...@tampabay.rr.com
          Carol tka...@aol.com
**************************
From:  Judy Chen
JYIN...@GMAIL.COM
 WWW.WOWLINEDANCE.COM

WOW 2015 Line Dance Spectacular will be held at Hang Zhou, China in June 19-21 & the following week will be at Taipei, Taiwan in June 25 -28, 2015.

For HangZhou , China event please contact  Mr. Wu at wuxq...@163.com ( Chinese) or Mr. Bao at 13666...@139.com (English) , or visit  http://zjldas.com.
Confirmed instructors: Craig Bennett & Scott Blevins.

For Taipei Taiwan event, please contact:
Judy Chen at JYIN...@GMAIL.COM  (for overseas registration), www.wowlinedance.com (not ready until X’Mas 2014) or
Patty Wu at keik...@hotmail.com (for Taiwan registration), http://globaldancer.pixnet.net/blog
(Taiwan registration ends on April 30, 2015).

Confirmed instructors: Craig Bennett, Scott Blevins, Niels Poulsen, Ria Vos……….

For Taipei hotel reservations, please contact: Howard Civil Service International House at
Rv...@howard-hotels.com.tw, mention WOW Taipei 2015 (6/24 to 6/29), space is limited so make your reservations asap.

Workshop starts on 6/25 (Thursday) from 1-5 pm for open dance welcome party (included with VIP pass), afterwards we go to the famous Din Tai Fung (www.dintaifung.com.tw) for an evening meal.  We only have 50 dinner spots available so you let us know if you are interested.  You will be responsible for the cost of the meal.  We will then walk around night market after dinner.

After the workshops end on Sunday, we are going to have a farewell dinner party.  You will be responsible for the cost of meal as well.  Please let us know if you are interested.
You can register and pay for the event at www.wowlinedance.com

**************************
Subject:  Fort Wayne Dance For All – WOW!
From:  Debra Cleckler – NTA Dance Committee –

WOW!  A great time was had by everyone who
attended the Ft Wayne Dance For All this year.  This
event really has something for everyone!  Great
dance teachers, a large variety of workshops to
choose from (SEVEN of them each hour), including
NTA Dance Fundamentals classes each day!  Dance
parties every night starting on Thursday night, with
separate ballrooms for lines, couples, etc. so you
had a choice for your nightly dancing.  ALL workshop
rooms were packed and it was evident that this is
one of the most popular events attended by a large
variety of dancers.  Line, couple (including Ballroom,
Swing, Latin and CW), Patterned Partner, Clogging,
Choreography, Music, Deejay, Zumba with Jamie,
etc..  The list seemed endless!  Also……team
competition was brought back this year!  Loads of
new talent was displayed in the choreography
contest and the show was (as always)
OUTSTANDING!  If you haven’t attended this event
before now…..you should consider adding it to your
list of events to attend in 2016.  It really has
something for everyone!
**************************

Subject: Music for : What Lies Beneath

From: Phil Carpenter

E/Mail: philipca...@sky.com

Date: 2nd March 2015

Hi everyone,
                 Further to my recent posting, re the
problem of the music track, for:  What Lies Beneath
being removed from i/tunes.

As explained previously last week,I had made
contact the management of the band Ezzcape and
made them aware of the problem and my feelings.

After a few conversations with them,I am delighted
to be able to confirm that as of 11.00am this
morning,Ezzcape have re-released this track as
single radio edit version of 3.41mins duration,
Which is the correct track, to suit the dance
choreography.

The track is now available from i/tunes under the
bands own name.ie. What Lies Beneath ( Radio Edit)
Single by Ezzcape.

The compilation album that I took this track from
originally,is still not available, I have received a
response from the Dutch Country Music
Association about this,but have not received a
definitiveanswer to the problem.

Really pleased with the out come, and hope that you
will now, all be able to obtain the track ok, and
continue to support this dance,which
in turn will also help the band Ezzcape.

Thanks for your patience in this matter.
Happy Dancing

Phil
 ***********************
SUBJECT:  MIKEL KNIGHT FREE NEWSLETTER AND

INFORMATION ABOUT HIS UPCOMING

PERFORMANCES

http://www.mikelknight.com/

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com